Appeals which have been closed.
RobloxDown2023
Byond Username: RobloxDown2021

[lain0] My First Permanent Ban

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #704494

BYOND account: BYOND account

RobloxDown2021

Character name: Character name at time of ban

(I dont remember, I believe it was "Not-A-Robusta")

Ban type: Server/Role(s)/OOC/etc

Server

Ban length: Permanent, 5 days, etc

Permanent

Ban reason: Copy this from the server. If this is a server ban, attempt to connect. If it is not a server ban, view your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify the reason.

Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (RobloxDown2021) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As a non antagonist RD spent the round uploading lethal law sets to the AI. including purge board, damage law board, oxygen is toxic and thermodynamic along with freeform "do whatever", No normal boards were used. Has a notes history that has gone rapidly downhill with 6 incidents in the month and 4 bans (not including this one) in the last week alone. You seem to be on a doom spiral and this behaviour is not smart for someone with your track record. This ban (BanId #66783) was applied by lain0 on 2023-07-27 21:20:20 during round ID 211173. This is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.

2023-07-27 21:20:20

Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall

Basil or Sybil (i do not remember as it has been 2 months approximately

Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235

Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words.

I've been pretty much nolifing tgstation and ss13 as a whole, due to the community in rp constant bullying (especially cargo would negate me services and beat me up if i tried to get in) and being weeks without rolling antag (when i finnaly did i died really quick because of inexperience), bad grades on school, bad friendships and the downfall of my family somewhat influenced by my grandma's recent death due to lung cancer provoked by smoking, it started consuming my mind and my sanity went lower and lower, due to that i started nolifing tgstation as a cope mechanism, during this it happened what is mentioned in the note as my "doom spiral", constant lag because of my bad network also gave me rage spikes that made me smash my keyboard and say some bad things

soo what happened is, all this nolifing influentiated my behavior in a bad way, and i decided to experiment with the ai laws, i admit im wrong and most of my bans were fair, this was a fair ban aswell, im not giving any excuses im completely wrong in this ban and many others, soo while nolifing tgstation i met myself on my 3th shift (around 6 hours) with nothing interesting happening, and i was soo bored i decided to create my own ai and put it in my room, until then it was ok, i f##### up when i decided to go to the ai law chamber and start giving it a bunch of random laws, but again nothing was happening as i was stuck in the ai chamber talking to it like i had no one else to talk to, then i saw the red laws and put all the red laws in the ai along with the freeform "do whatever", i wont lie and say that i didn't knew what i was doing and that i didn't expect it to kill everyone, what i just didn't expect is that right at the moment that i tried to purge it it would kill me, once again i admit it was extremely stupid and my ban was extremely deserved, all of that is my memory and may not have happened exactly like that because its been a few months and i dont remember it, the reason why it took me soo much to do this appeal is because once perma banned i realized my mistake and took these 2 months to realize my mistake and find ways to improve, it may sound like a lie because this is just a game and a atmospheric simulator, but for me its a community and a extremely realistic game that can simulate things that i could never do in real life, such as stabbing someone to death and removing their eyes, putting it in a weed burger and eating it, for some reason i couldn't stop thinking about this "atmospheric simulator" for the past 2 months and finnaly took the courage to do this appeal, but i believe its more of me wanting to say sorry than anything else

Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.

1. honestly theres no reason to 100% unban me since my bans including this one were fair, my behavior during that "doom spiral" was kinda sh@t i admit it and technically i have broken the rules and deserve to be punished, what im asking however is that im given a chance to return (changed to a temporary ban, for example 1 year) because i really love tgstation and ive tried to play in other servers and its just not my slice of cake because they all have different controls and mechanics, and its a whole different community im not used to and dont know anyone there, and the chats arent organized aswell soo its all a mess and i cant understand anything

2. before this doom spiral what i used to do in shifts was experiment and create factories for the near infinite amount of chemicals that tgstation has, im almost a master at creating chemicals, just not better than my master frankie hauberk, he teached me everything i know when i first started playing tgstation, but thats not all, i learned how to setup sm, how to do cargo job, how to be an assistant, a clown, a mime, i became very good at surgeries aswell, i learned how to do sec job and not be a shit sec (except for the incident where i roleplayed a torturer hos, which though i was banned and unbanned, i admit it was kinda f##### up back then), i have almost all jobs unlocked, from what i remember i even have captain unlocked which i had recently unlocked before the ban, the only one i remember not having unlocked was quartermaster due to me not playing cargo, miner, etc.. very often (i would often die to lavaland), i know how to do almost every job and learned a bit of the combat which although i cant consider myself very robust i can somewhat help in fights, i dont believe the community hates me as i would spend hours chatting in lobby ooc with people and help people through shifts, if given a second chance i promise to not have a "doom spiral" again as i have already had time to set my sh@t together after all these recent events bombarding my mind all at once, and i really enjoy helping people in shifts opposed to griefers and murder boners which ive seen a fair share already through the shifts ive played

3. no i believe my ban was very fair and all i ask if a reduction to atleast 1 year soo i can have a chance of playing tgstation again because though it hurts me to admit this (i wish there were more servers or atleast games like this), its the only game where you can shoot someone down to death, remove their bullets covered in blood, deepfry them, make them eat it, then remove their stomach and make they eat their stomach, and then decapitate them and throw their head in space with a c4 in it, then put a remote linked grenade inside their chest with 100u gunpowder, put it near your target and convince them to get near, then activate the grenade, all of that in a span of 30 minutes (10 for the actions, 10 for the gunpowder lab, 10 for the remote linked grenade)

References of good conduct: If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion.

i played on goonstation for a few hours to get a "good behavior" but didn't like anything in it, the controls, the graphics, the mechanics, the community, its just not for me its completely different from what im used to no servers that i play on feel like actual space station 13 it feels like tgstation is the "better version" of space station 13, im not trying to simp for tgstation but its just true, since then i quit goonstation and stopped playing ss13 completely, some weeks after my pc broke and only recently ive got it back after a repair, i cannot prove but i can swear that my behavior has changed after all this weeks without pc, i started focusing on real life and helped cement some church walls (sorry for the bad english but im brazillian)

Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your appeal, include it here. For example, if you have recently been banned from another server, or have had issues in other communities, it may be a preferable to be transparent and address that here, rather than them being brought up during the appeal process. If this section does not apply to you, feel free to remove it.

a bartender refused to give me a drink in goonstation and i annoyed him until he killed me but i dont remember getting a note from that as it was my only time playing in there, also before i started playing tgstation i first started playing paradise station, i walked as a assistant around looking for a job but hop didn't gave me anything, and then a admin pmed me and i closed it multiple times because it was just a white box and i didn't even knew what it is, i remember after that they banned me permanently and appeal only soo i had to make a appeal in the forums and the admin asked me to read all the 200 rules which i did and then find a passcode and tell hima nd then he unbanned me and i never played in there again because of that, but i admit it was a smart way of getting people to read the rules

from now on i promise to be a different and better person, even better than my downfall, but i understand if my appeal is negated even for the possibility of a 1-5 year ban change and will not try to appeal again if thats the case as i understand my mistake
Attachments
ban message
ban message
RobloxDown2023

Re: [lain0] My First Permanent Ban

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #704658

i was wondering why my ban appeal was being ignored and i realized i forgot to put the admin name in the topic, not that im impatient but i saw somewhere that ban appeals are deleted after 1 week and i will only be able to appeal again in 1 year since its permanent
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #704663

RobloxDown2023 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:33 pm i was wondering why my ban appeal was being ignored and i realized i forgot to put the admin name in the topic, not that im impatient but i saw somewhere that ban appeals are deleted after 1 week and i will only be able to appeal again in 1 year since its permanent
Ban appeals are only closed after 1 week if the appealler does not respond to any questions the banning admin or headmins have asked them in the thread.
Iain0 has been made aware of your ban appeal.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: My First Permanent Ban

Post by iain0 » #704671

Alright, I figured the best approach here would be to look over your entire play history and draw up a timeline of your TG story.

What I find is you started playing around Jan 2023 and managed about 6-7 months covering 200 hours with perhaps one note of significance. Then, your last 2 weeks spanning 50 hours is a big block of red, with notably your final week hitting 3.5 days banned in about a week over 3 bans, not including my permaban which ended that week.

Yeah, it does match that picture of a player for whom something changed and it was quickly downhill from there. Sometimes this is just burnout but I've no reason to doubt your explanation, but also no real way of gauging anything meaningful about your state, other than you obviously put a fair bit of effort into the appeal.

As such I'll make you an offer where I'll remove the permaban and place the following note on your record with a two month expiry period (that is, the note will self delete entirely in 2 months)
Intended Note wrote: Recently successfully appealed a permaban, on the condition that their behaviour returns to reflect their first 200 played hours here, and not the 200-250 hour period leading up to the permaban. Should their behaviour show similarities to this doom-spiral ending, escalate bans accordingly.
Also make sure you feel good about returning and carrying on ; second chances are easier to come by, if you repeat the pattern I'd expect you to sit out the whole year next time (at the banning admins discretion ultimately)

Sound acceptable?
RobloxDown2023

Re: My First Permanent Ban

Post by RobloxDown2023 » #704706

iain0 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:28 am Alright, I figured the best approach here would be to look over your entire play history and draw up a timeline of your TG story.

What I find is you started playing around Jan 2023 and managed about 6-7 months covering 200 hours with perhaps one note of significance. Then, your last 2 weeks spanning 50 hours is a big block of red, with notably your final week hitting 3.5 days banned in about a week over 3 bans, not including my permaban which ended that week.

Yeah, it does match that picture of a player for whom something changed and it was quickly downhill from there. Sometimes this is just burnout but I've no reason to doubt your explanation, but also no real way of gauging anything meaningful about your state, other than you obviously put a fair bit of effort into the appeal.

As such I'll make you an offer where I'll remove the permaban and place the following note on your record with a two month expiry period (that is, the note will self delete entirely in 2 months)
Intended Note wrote: Recently successfully appealed a permaban, on the condition that their behaviour returns to reflect their first 200 played hours here, and not the 200-250 hour period leading up to the permaban. Should their behaviour show similarities to this doom-spiral ending, escalate bans accordingly.
Also make sure you feel good about returning and carrying on ; second chances are easier to come by, if you repeat the pattern I'd expect you to sit out the whole year next time (at the banning admins discretion ultimately)

Sound acceptable?
yes i accept
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #704748

Alright, actioned, have a good one!

Appeal accepted.
RobloxDown2023