kagalaxy
Byond Username: Kacper890p

[Lorwp] Kacper890p - One PC

Post by kagalaxy » #707167

BYOND account: Kacper890p
Character name: None, never created before
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Likely alt of Kubasos123p. Please Explain the situation better on the forums (and as stated, ideally get different computers if you and your brother both want to play on tg)
Time ban was placed: 2023-10-08 10:03:58
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 216304
Your side of the story: I was looking how my brother was playing (and how he died) on his account and asked him if it's fine when I will join with my account on this server. He told me that I'm better off joining on Terry because I don't have any clue how does the mechanics work on TG and that I'm bad at roleplaying. I somewhat disregard his request and joined with my account. Got a notice about logging with another account on the Manuel so I thought like "Maybe the round will be over after a few minutes". Joined back and had a respectful talk with an admin about joining with another account.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I hope to next time actually join with my independent account on Manuel, AFTER a round is over. I'm new to that and I've heard that many people play on different time on Terry and I have no clue if this ban is for all servers so I wouldn't like to lose my opportunity before playing.
Anything else we should know: For any doubts about alt account stuff: my BYOND account was created in "Apr 14 2019" and I've obviously linked it to this account for verification. Also I never thought the TG had security measures like this, since I were doing similar stuff on Paradise Station (on which I've played on for a few hours in total only). I'm also willing to give additional information necessary for resolving the whole situation.
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Re: [Lorwp] Kacper890p - One PC

Post by MrrFiish » #707211

I'm not sure if this falls into peanut territory so feel free to delete this anyone who knows.

Assuming you get unbanned, if we can confirm you and your brother are two different people and not just the same guy, you should both be allowed to play on the server at the same time. As long as you do not break our rules on metacommunications there is no rule against it, we just need to confirm you are two people

I'll ping lorwp to let them know this is up.
lorwp
Byond Username: Lorwp

Re: [Lorwp] Kacper890p - One PC

Post by lorwp » #707222

Hey there, thanks for appealing.

After some discussion on how to handle this, i'll be lifting this with the following conditions:

1. If one of you gets banned, you both get banned, since we can't verify via normal means you're separate people here.
2. You do not both play in the same round. if this happens, this will be treated as Multikeying. Just don't play on the same server on the same round and you'll be fine here.

If you both get separate computers to play and can prove via our usual means you're separate people then, I'll be happy to lift these at the time.

Thanks for your understanding here.