The nut wrote itself

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

The nut wrote itself

Post by conrad » #707913

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=707912#p707912

Pepper:
"My posts were in no way disrespectful or attempting to incite drama of any kind."

Also Pepper:
@Jacquerel
"The jokes write themselves."

I was rooting for them to win headmin. Now I'm glad they didn't.

HOURS???????
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Re: The nut wrote itself

Post by Pepper » #707915

Conrad, I don't see the correlation in someone's pointing out someone's game activty as a personal attack on their character. If I had known doing so would upset you this way, I would have gone to greater lengths to clarify what exactly I meant.

Hope that helps.
help
conrad

Post by conrad » #707916

Having a set minimum of hours is an evergreen meme on this community that is, for all intents and purposes, gatekeeping.

Gwyn is a discord moderator and has chosen to spend their free time deleting the kind of shit that can get the discord taken down to assist the community. Jacquerel is a coder and contributes to the codebase. He also participates on admin discussions surrounding code.

Those things have nothing to do with hours played. When you spam scrubby screenshots, at best you're contributing a nothingburger, and at worst you're gatekeeping.

If you wanna help, don't do that again. Use arguments with actual substance.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #707919

So when people say "oh this admin hasn't played the game in ages, how can they make decisions about the game with how distanced they are from it?" I can sort of get why they would think that. You can just say they are out of touch and BAM, you win the argument.

But how the fuck can you possibly apply the argument that someone not playing the game as much means they can't make decision about the discord?

A discord server you can easily participate in frequently without actually having played the game in ages?

A discord server that has developed a differing community from the game itself?

Specifically, a decision made involving a channel that is entirely unrelated to the actual game the server is about?

But none of that really matters because Pepper only has 85 results in both politics containment channels compared to Gwyn's 69,460, so they are automatically wrong anyways.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #707923

This appeal reads just like Sinful's forum appeals.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #707924

conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 am Having a set minimum of hours is an evergreen meme on this community that is, for all intents and purposes, gatekeeping.

Gwyn is a discord moderator and has chosen to spend their free time deleting the kind of shit that can get the discord taken down to assist the community. Jacquerel is a coder and contributes to the codebase. He also participates on admin discussions surrounding code.

Those things have nothing to do with hours played. When you spam scrubby screenshots, at best you're contributing a nothingburger, and at worst you're gatekeeping.

There is literally nothing wrong with gatekeeping.
Image Image
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #707926

conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 am Jacquerel is a coder and contributes to the codebase. He also participates on admin discussions surrounding code.

Those things have nothing to do with hours played.
Shouldn't you play the game, to like know what needs to be changed and get a feel for the gameplay?
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #707931

The game and "metas" change so much that hours played is kind of hard to value unless you can break it down to how many of those hours were more recent.

And even then thats only relevant when talking about the actual gameplay and balance itself and not backend code or peripheral stuff like discord.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707934

You know what they say about people with big playing hours
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #707940

Boot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:16 am
conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 am Having a set minimum of hours is an evergreen meme on this community that is, for all intents and purposes, gatekeeping.

There is literally nothing wrong with gatekeeping.
You’d be surprised by how easy it would be to change your opinion on that
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #707941

RaveRadbury wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:37 am This appeal reads just like Sinful's forum appeals.
this is the evilest thing you could say rave, why would you ever wish this style upon someone...
Living God

Extraordinary Person

zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #707942

Honestly I think Pepper might be one of those people who have too many hours in the game, and have not touched grass in ages
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #707943

That fucking screenshot made on a three foot wide monitor of the original comment.

Okay we get it you have a "battlestation".
conrad

Post by conrad » #707944

technokek wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:36 am
conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 am Jacquerel is a coder and contributes to the codebase. He also participates on admin discussions surrounding code.

Shouldn't you play the game, to like know what needs to be changed and get a feel for the gameplay?
No.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #707945

Nabski wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:40 pm That fucking screenshot made on a three foot wide monitor of the original comment.

lol I really didn't realize that my new monitor could do that
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
conrad

Post by conrad » #707948

Archie700 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:48 pm
Nabski wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:40 pm That fucking screenshot made on a three foot wide monitor of the original comment.

Mine's bigger.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #707952

does this count as posting in a peanut thread about myself
never been in this situation before (on account of my low played hours)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707953

conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:53 pm
Archie700 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:48 pm

Mine's bigger.
Proof? I can make this in paint.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #707958

conrad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:47 pm

No.
Would you like to elaborate or are you also just here to make people mad
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #707959

I'm a maintainer on account of how I'm good at internalising how our systems work, evaluating how someone's code can be improved, and telling them how to fix problems with their pull requests
none of these skills are particularly related to playing space station 13 regularly

being a maintainer doesn't get any of my changes preferential treatment, they just get merged because im a genius and only have good ideas
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #707960

Thaumic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:26 pm

No.
there's more to development for the project than writing balance PRs that ruin your favourite mechanics

ensuring code is well optimized before merging and refactoring old systems that broke doesn't require a working knowledge of sec meta for example
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #707962

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:28 pm im a genius and only have good ideas
I actually believe you since you seemed to be the only person that recognized that changeling monke form should be 1 ability instead of 2 abilities that need to switch with eachother, the old signal rewrite of lings ruined one of my games like a year ago or something

edit: but you know if you guys tested the code you merge then you wouldnt have to wait for peoples games to be ruined in order to find out
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #707964

Playtime on the servers has almost absolutely nothing in relation to moderating the politics containment channel. What an absolutely stupid take. Imagine having a take so stupid you get a board warning over it.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #707965

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:08 pm Playtime on the servers has almost absolutely nothing in relation to moderating the politics containment channel. What an absolutely stupid take. Imagine having a take so stupid you get a board warning over it.
pepper was trying to get banned on purpose, ig they got banned or smth idk I didnt read the shit.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #707966

Timonk wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:18 am You know what they say about people with big playing hours
Big note histories
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #707983

Its funny cause I love how polcon inflammation causes 6 lane pile up bans so in two weeks we will be peanutting about a ban resulting from the ban caused by this peanut but I hate peanuts which are just political wank.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
conrad

Post by conrad » #707985

Thaumic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:26 pm

No.
Why are those the only two options
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #707996

A FELLOW PLAYER POSTED SOMETHING W R O N G
THEY ENGAGED IN W R O N G T H I N K

THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO OUR DEMOCRACY, THANK GOD WE HAVE EX digg MODERATORS TO DELETE AND PURGE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ENGAGE IN ALL THESE HORRIBLE DRAMA INCITING POSTS

I AM SO HAPPY THIS EVIL POST WAS DELETED AND THE USER BANNED SO THAT MY EYES AND POOR FUCKING FRAGILE INFANT BRAIN DONT HAVE TO EVEN BEGIN TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE GREATER COMPLEXITIES OF DISCUSSION AND ARGUMENT
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #707997

digg moderators will be pleased to have a job after their site crashed.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #707998

tbh this just seems like a bad take and should had just been left up, removing and causing a peanut thread about it just incites more discussion/drama about it. Leaving it up would legit cause 0 issues
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #707999

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:13 pm tbh this just seems like a bad take and should had just been left up, removing and causing a peanut thread about it just incites more discussion/drama about it. Leaving it up would legit cause 0 issues
peanut posts themselves exist for fucking drama, like???????

that's why its obvious that it was simply a fucking post the greatmins didn't like
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708001

okay well not JUST drama but you all get what i mean
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708007

this thread seems really mean-spirited honestly
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #708008

Seems like I need to update the list.

Quickest ways to get banned on TG:

1. Talking about sex
2. Playing security
3. Asking admins about their playtime

Remember, war is peace, freedom is slavery, contradiction is truth.

With doubleplus good regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #708015

Kinda weird that the forum admin banning for bringing this up shouldn't be allowed to see this because of their own lack of playtime. It's like pottery it rhymes.
Image Image
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #708023

BONERMASTER wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:26 pm Seems like I need to update the list.

Quickest ways to get banned on TG:

1. Talking about sex
2. Playing security
3. Asking admins about their playtime

Remember, war is peace, freedom is slavery, contradiction is truth.

With doubleplus good regards
-BONERMASTER
BONERMASTER has returned :D
Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #708027

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708029

Sexy admins cosplaying security officers having sex while not getting tgstation playtime in (this is a banbait)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #708034

Thaumic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:43 pm
edit: but you know if you guys tested the code you merge then you wouldnt have to wait for peoples games to be ruined in order to find out
that is very unreasonable youre dumb and stupid
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708049

Thaumic wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:41 am Image
saved
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708330

the real question is why is riggle doing admin things on the forums and not participating in the secret hitler thread >:(
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #708369

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:36 pm the real question is why is riggle doing admin things on the forums and not participating in the secret hitler thread >:(
I was trying to come up with a winning strategy but couldn't ;-;
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #708375

Riggles play time

I think riggle is in the clear
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708376

im sending a team of rats attached with magnets to the database server and specifically bit flipping any and all rounds to not include riggle in them.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708386

dont be mean to riggle >:(

MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708395

I am mean to riggle
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: