player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Post by Scriptis » #708885

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35171

this guy's an idiot
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Re: player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Post by Scriptis » #708979

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm Oh yeah I'm sure everyone is leaving those red states in droves to California. Oh wait what's that its the other way around, what a wacky world.
sir can you please provide extraordinary evidence for this extraordinary claim
Spoiler:

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #708980

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:25 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:23 pm Ok, I know you just like throwing a link towards the rules in discussions that arn't even talking about them.
???

can you please clarify in a few sentences what exactly you'd like me to answer because i'm half talking about the just and blind enforcement of the rules (my admin hat) and i'm half talking about stupid bullshit that drove me to the point of leaving my country of origin (my regular human being with a career and social interests hat)
Ok. Vekter was talking about how gender identity isn't a political question. I was making the argument that it is a political question because of x,y,z. I don't read vetker's post or my response as talking about the rules, so when you come in with "easy there bud we don't ban free speech just bigoty :) heres a link to the rules no worries also we just banned that other guy for being an asshole" I hope you(and everyone reading this) can understand why I was reading that as a threat.
Image Image
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #708981

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm stairmaster was recently banned from discord over calmly explaining a differing opinion and was then called a piece of shit after the fact by the banning admin
(this also just happened in a very recent ban appeal)
for context as the banning admin

stairmaster was banned for denying a genocide in politics on topic
shut the fuck up
my honor i calmly explained that i dont believe in a genocide.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #708982

kieth4 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:17 pm
Yeh that's true I suppose. But my point about politics still stands rlly
Observe the horseshoe.

► Show Spoiler
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708983

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:29 pm Ok. Vekter was talking about how gender identity isn't a political question. I was making the argument that it is a political question because of x,y,z. I don't read vetker's post or my response as talking about the rules, so when you come in with "easy there bud we don't ban free speech just bigoty :) heres a link to the rules no worries also we just banned that other guy for being an asshole" I hope you(and everyone reading this) can understand why I was reading that as a threat.
i'd prefer it nobody felt threatened. that's the point of ejecting bigotry from a community. if you're going to have it, have it somewhere else, way, way far away from here
Spoiler:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708984

did you guys know the Mississippi river starts in Minnesota and smells fresh as can be?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Boot

Post by Boot » #708985

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm Oh yeah I'm sure everyone is leaving those red states in droves to California. Oh wait what's that its the other way around, what a wacky world.
sir can you please provide extraordinary evidence for this extraordinary claim
Sure. If we look at 2020 census data we can see that more blue states lost votes and more red states gained votes.
Image Image
Boot

Post by Boot » #708986

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:31 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:29 pm Ok. Vekter was talking about how gender identity isn't a political question. I was making the argument that it is a political question because of x,y,z. I don't read vetker's post or my response as talking about the rules, so when you come in with "easy there bud we don't ban free speech just bigoty :) heres a link to the rules no worries also we just banned that other guy for being an asshole" I hope you(and everyone reading this) can understand why I was reading that as a threat.
i'd prefer it nobody felt threatened. that's the point of ejecting bigotry from a community. if you're going to have it, have it somewhere else, way, way far away from here
Listen man I'm just happy you were the bigger man and expelled yourself out of my country. I really hope you enjoy yurope in the coming years friend. Best of luck to ya.
Image Image
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #708987

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:19 pm I'm not entertaining the "what if I just want to clean it up" argument. It's a vibe check. If you clean up all graffiti and don't act like a shithead about it, you pass. If you clean up only the pride flags and get pissy about it when I ask you why, you fail.
This is a sane answer
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:19 pm E: I would also slap people for spraypainting "SUPPORT UKRAINE" or "FREE PALESTINE" in-game. Those are objectively political statements. Anything involving LGBT+ matters is not politics. There's an objective correct and incorrect answer to the matter. Tell me which one you think is right and I'll tell you if you get banned.
but I think this is cringe cause I disagree that trans flag aren't political; the rights themselves I suppose are not. I'm Ukrainian, but if I wanted to make a statement I would wave a flag that had the Ukie trident on it. Using this logic, I would think that someone who is trans is perfectly fine existing as a trans person, but if they wanted to make a statement they would wave around the pride flag. Inb4 being Ukrainian is political, I can't change which country and bloodline I'm from, just like trans people can't magically stop being trans.
Last edited by Soyoboyo on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708988

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:23 pm
Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm "x isn't political"
"x is political"
Why do you read that and feel the need to clarify that only bigotry is banned? If you want to threaten me just come out and do it.
this shit is being mixed up with freedom of speech/political alignment/censorship/whatever. at the end of the day political leanings should just be blacked out with a marker to decide whether something breaks the rules

i'm not threatening you
Ok, I know you just like throwing a link towards the rules in discussions that arn't even talking about them.
Reminding you to educate yourself on the rules before you plant a very well planted landmine and swandive into it is the very opposite of threatening.

You wouldn't be saying this if Scriptis wasn't a staff member lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708989

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:32 pm did you guys know the Mississippi river starts in Minnesota and smells fresh as can be?
smells like shit in mississippi
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:34 pm Listen man I'm just happy you were the bigger man and expelled yourself out of my country. I really hope you enjoy yurope in the coming years friend. Best of luck to ya.
i'd prefer to have been born somewhere where i don't have to focus on ensuring that my parents have an option to leave a rapidly dissolving economy because their only other option is to die broke
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:33 pm Sure. If we look at 2020 census data we can see that more blue states lost votes and more red states gained votes.
this falls far from extraordinary evidence and appears to be economically, not politically, driven based on the laziest sources i could find that are six years out of date

it's not droves regardless, people tend to not leave where they're from
Spoiler:

Boot

Post by Boot » #708990

conrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:36 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:23 pm
Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm "x isn't political"
"x is political"
Why do you read that and feel the need to clarify that only bigotry is banned? If you want to threaten me just come out and do it.
this shit is being mixed up with freedom of speech/political alignment/censorship/whatever. at the end of the day political leanings should just be blacked out with a marker to decide whether something breaks the rules

i'm not threatening you
Ok, I know you just like throwing a link towards the rules in discussions that arn't even talking about them.
Reminding you to educate yourself on the rules before you plant a very well planted landmine and swandive into it is the very opposite of threatening.

You wouldn't be saying this if Scriptis wasn't a staff member lmao
>You wouldn't be saying that Scriptis is threatening you if he didn't have the capacity to follow through on that threat.
Really you don't say?
Image Image
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #708991

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:11 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:43 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:36 pm Gender Identity is political in the current reality. This isn't even a question right now. American society is currently tackling the trans issue with what are they? To what extent do they exist? How welcoming ought we be to people who arn't gender conforming? I get that you think that these are all very simple and fall along morally good/bad lines but the fact of the matter is that they are a hot button issue that people are going to use to help guide them in who they are voting for in the political process.
The right is trying to make it into a political matter, but what is in someone's pants is not the business of the government or anyone but that person. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but it's not a good faith argument to say it's political just because there are people in our government who are pushing the matter.

We will not be banning people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum. If you really want to call it hypocritical because we ban all other references to current day politics, then go right ahead. It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better to think I'm a big ol' meanie, then by all means.
I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
Painting gay flags around the station isn't asking for your tax money retard. Stop turning things political when it doesn't need to be. Cope about your tax somewhere else.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #708992

This thread is turning shit.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708993

can we just call boot a numbnutz/dumbass/retard/poopy head and move on with our lives? like come on, guys. we’re wasting our time. and time is money. we could be making bank vaults worth of money right now. like big fat stacks of cash. we could be rebuilding the twin towers with that money. building a fifth pyramid. constructing a second great wall in china. moving the effiel tower by attaching big wheels to it. the possibilities are endless
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #708994

you wouldn't have to worry about paying out taxes to support groups you don't like if you just didn't pay your taxes

it IS that simple
Boot

Post by Boot » #708995

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:42 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:36 pm Gender Identity is political in the current reality. This isn't even a question right now. American society is currently tackling the trans issue with what are they? To what extent do they exist? How welcoming ought we be to people who arn't gender conforming? I get that you think that these are all very simple and fall along morally good/bad lines but the fact of the matter is that they are a hot button issue that people are going to use to help guide them in who they are voting for in the political process.
The right is trying to make it into a political matter, but what is in someone's pants is not the business of the government or anyone but that person. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but it's not a good faith argument to say it's political just because there are people in our government who are pushing the matter.

We will not be banning people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum. If you really want to call it hypocritical because we ban all other references to current day politics, then go right ahead. It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better to think I'm a big ol' meanie, then by all means.
I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
Painting gay flags around the station isn't asking for your tax money retard. Stop turning things political when it doesn't need to be. Cope about your tax somewhere else.
I disagree.
Image Image
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #708996

SpongeBob would hate this thread
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #708997

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:44 pm

I disagree.
You're the one bringing politics into the game. Consider asking your parents/guardian before posting a comment on the internet again.
Boot

Post by Boot » #708998

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:45 pm

I disagree.
You're the one bringing politics into the game. Consider asking your parents/guardian before posting a comment on the internet again.
I disagree.
Image Image
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708999

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:42 pm can we just call boot a numbnutz/dumbass/retard/poopy head and move on with our lives? like come on, guys. we’re wasting our time. and time is money. we could be making bank vaults worth of money right now. like big fat stacks of cash. we could be rebuilding the twin towers with that money. building a fifth pyramid. constructing a second great wall in china. moving the effiel tower by attaching big wheels to it. the possibilities are endless
we should be implementing the goof plan of letting suspiciously wealthy furries giving us their money for in game gmod anime player avatars

we'd be rich, iwishforducks. rich i tell you. banning erp has been catastrophic for the tgstation economy
Spoiler:

Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #709000

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:47 pm

I disagree.
I disagree.
Stop spamming. If you have nothing to say, just don't say it you waste of scrolling space.
Boot

Post by Boot » #709001

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:47 pm

I disagree.
I disagree.
Stop spamming. If you have nothing to say, just don't say it you waste of scrolling space.
I do have something to say. If you are going to attack me I have every right to say I disagree.
Image Image
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #709002

Chadley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:30 pm
kieth4 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:17 pm
Yeh that's true I suppose. But my point about politics still stands rlly
Observe the horseshoe.

So true bestie
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #709003

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm -snip-

your post is 708.8 pixels tall

give me my vertical axis back or im throwing you in the bin
Spoiler:

stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #709004

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm stairmaster was recently banned from discord over calmly explaining a differing opinion and was then called a piece of shit after the fact by the banning admin
(this also just happened in a very recent ban appeal)

stairmaster was banned for denying a genocide in politics on topic
shut the fuck up
I'm sorry I don't take the word of adrian zenz and the other victims of communism dotards as gospel
conrad

Post by conrad » #709005

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:41 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:36 pm You wouldn't be saying this if Scriptis wasn't a staff member lmao
>You wouldn't be saying that Scriptis is threatening you if he didn't have the capacity to follow through on that threat.
Really you don't say?
Don't tighten the tinfoil hat too tight.
Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:51 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm -snip-

your post is 708.8 pixels tall

give me my vertical axis back or im throwing you in the bin
The almighty quote arrow.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by conrad on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #709007

now, i don't mean to get political, but - and please bear with me here, for i tread on thin ice - sometimes one feels the overwhelming urge to share, to contribute, to let the voice echo in the vast amphitheatre of online discussion. please, if anyone finds themselves easily perturbed by contentious subjects or simply by the merest hint of political innuendo, i would implore them to divert their gaze or return to the threads better travelled, for there exists the possibility that i am about to get political:

you see, in our ever-connected age, it's becoming somewhat of a responsibility, nay, a duty, to be informed and opinionated. and while i recognize the important of tact and delicacy, particularly in a space as esteemed as this, sometimes the fervour of the moment grips us, and we feel compelled to articulate our sentiments. however, i must, at the outset, emphasize - and this is critical - that it is completely within the realm of possibility that my opinion found herein is about to get political:

you see, i've seen many a thread descend into chaos, watched as well-intentioned comments were misinterpreted, leading to page after page of rebuttals, counterarguments, and the dreaded ad hominem attacks! the horror of watching a once harmonious and productive forum of enlightened debate spiraling into the abyss of meaningless rancor! so, as i stand at my pedestal, with your full attention, i want to be utterly transparent about my motives, which may, to the trained eye, contain hints therein of being of a political nature:

before i unfurl the tapestry of my thoughts, i feel the need to traverse the annals of our forum's history, for it offers a bounteous trove of wisdom. ever since the dawning of online communities, we, the valiant intellectuals, have ventured into the perilous terrains of political discussions. and while these digital debates have occassionally borne fruit, more often than not they resemble a hamster endlessly running on its wheel - fervent in effort, but alas, static in progress. it's for this reason and i feel compelled by all the gracious nature present within my heart to warn you, dearest reader, that the post you're about to traverse may start to get a little, shall we say, political?

i've been ruminating, fellow users, meandering if you will, through countless threads, and from it all i have sipped from the cup of ancient knowledge, the kind found in page 17 of a years-old thread about a delightfully political topic. ah, the insights one gathers from such an expedition! the resounding chorus of "i agree" juxtaposed with the occassional "well, actually..." the vibrancy! the vigour! dare i say, oh, the politics!

so, coming back to this troubled present age, it is said that with great political knowledge comes great political responsibility. the responsibility of sharing and disseminating it judiciously, and as a humble member of this beloved community, i too feel the weight of this responsibility, the pressing need to voice opinions, and partake in dialogues that may all at once become quite... political in nature:
Last edited by dendydoom on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #709008

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:47 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:42 pm can we just call boot a numbnutz/dumbass/retard/poopy head and move on with our lives? like come on, guys. we’re wasting our time. and time is money. we could be making bank vaults worth of money right now. like big fat stacks of cash. we could be rebuilding the twin towers with that money. building a fifth pyramid. constructing a second great wall in china. moving the effiel tower by attaching big wheels to it. the possibilities are endless
we should be implementing the goof plan of letting suspiciously wealthy furries giving us their money for in game gmod anime player avatars

we'd be rich, iwishforducks. rich i tell you. banning erp has been catastrophic for the tgstation economy
holy shit...... we could buy like two grocery stores with that money..
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #709009

my political opinion is that we shuold tax 100% of boot's income and use it to pay for elective surgeries
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #709010

dendydoom wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:02 pm
► Show Spoiler
yeah
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #709011

i think biden should fix TTS
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #709013

Soyoboyo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:35 pm but I think this is cringe cause I disagree that trans flag aren't political; the rights themselves I suppose are not. I'm Ukrainian, but if I wanted to make a statement I would wave a flag that had the Ukie trident on it. Using this logic, I would think that someone who is trans is perfectly fine existing as a trans person, but if they wanted to make a statement they would wave around the pride flag. Inb4 being Ukrainian is political, I can't change which country and bloodline I'm from, just like trans people can't magically stop being trans.
I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong. I'm telling you as someone who is a member of the LGBT community who knows 20+ trans people - trans identities and anything involving them are not a political statement. This includes using pride flags. If the use of a pride flag offends you, this is not the community for you.

Nobody has been banned for "holding different political views" in our community. Intern John's ban was somewhat controversial and not a matter I was involved in; if you feel the banning admin overstepped their bounds, you are free to take it up with them or the head admins, but their ban was significantly reduced to only being banned from the political channel.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Boot

Post by Boot » #709014

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm
Soyoboyo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:35 pm but I think this is cringe cause I disagree that trans flag aren't political; the rights themselves I suppose are not. I'm Ukrainian, but if I wanted to make a statement I would wave a flag that had the Ukie trident on it. Using this logic, I would think that someone who is trans is perfectly fine existing as a trans person, but if they wanted to make a statement they would wave around the pride flag. Inb4 being Ukrainian is political, I can't change which country and bloodline I'm from, just like trans people can't magically stop being trans.
I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong. I'm telling you as someone who is a member of the LGBT community who knows 20+ trans people - trans identities and anything involving them are not a political statement. This includes using pride flags. If the use of a pride flag offends you, this is not the community for you.

Nobody has been banned for "holding different political views" in our community. Intern John's ban was somewhat controversial and not a matter I was involved in; if you feel the banning admin overstepped their bounds, you are free to take it up with them or the head admins, but their ban was significantly reduced to only being banned from the political channel.
I disagree, this community is welcoming to all who see these things are rightly political.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #709015

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Boldened part sigged without context.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #709016

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 pm I disagree, this community is welcoming to all who see these things are rightly political.
Your post doesn't make any sense, try again.
conrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:15 pm Boldened part sigged without context.
You have my blessing.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Boot

Post by Boot » #709017

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:16 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 pm I disagree, this community is welcoming to all who see these things are rightly political.
Your post doesn't make any sense, try again.
Nope it does you're wrong.
Image Image
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #709018

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:15 pm mental health should be funded with your taxes
inb4 this thread gets nuked (this statement and the quote are unrelated, I just agree with scriptis)
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #709019

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:47 pm he's quality control banned from my perspective and I have no temptations to abort that action.
is this an abortion joke
help
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #709023

"pride flags aren't a political statement" The entire fucking point of flags is to be a political statement. What's the point of pretending that they aren't? If pride flags truly weren't a political statement and were just the equivalent of saying this is my sexuality, then there would also be pride flags for straight people. There's not because the whole point of pride flags is making the statement that you're proud of your sexuality and don't care if any homophobic people think that it's wrong. (yes there are technically straight pride flags but these are just used by homophobic people to mock LGBT people rather than to express their sexuality, which is also a political statement)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #709026

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 pm "pride flags aren't a political statement" The entire fucking point of flags is to be a political statement. What's the point of pretending that they aren't? If pride flags truly weren't a political statement and were just the equivalent of saying this is my sexuality, then there would also be pride flags for straight people. There's not because the whole point of pride flags is making the statement that you're proud of your sexuality and don't care if any homophobic people think that it's wrong. (yes there are technically straight pride flags but these are just used by homophobic people to mock LGBT people rather than to express their sexuality, which is also a political statement)
brother in christ, the flags are just cool because flags are cool. And straight people don't have pride flags because you have the default sexuality bud, not much to be proud about being a average joe.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #709027

americans lmao
► Show Spoiler
Boot

Post by Boot » #709028

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:29 pm
BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 pm "pride flags aren't a political statement" The entire fucking point of flags is to be a political statement. What's the point of pretending that they aren't? If pride flags truly weren't a political statement and were just the equivalent of saying this is my sexuality, then there would also be pride flags for straight people. There's not because the whole point of pride flags is making the statement that you're proud of your sexuality and don't care if any homophobic people think that it's wrong. (yes there are technically straight pride flags but these are just used by homophobic people to mock LGBT people rather than to express their sexuality, which is also a political statement)
brother in christ, the flags are just cool because flags are cool. And straight people don't have pride flags because you have the default sexuality bud, not much to be proud about being a average joe.
If sexuality is something that we are born with then its kind cringe to be proud about it. Wow you were born that way not really a big achievement.
Image Image
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #709029

i wish people would make really niche political statements ingame
the new cabinet thinks they can cut scrimblobimblo spending by 2%? over my dead body
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #709030

Howcome the genocide happening in china isnt a hot topic but "THE GENOCIDE" that was stopped at the end of ww2 still is to where people are banned for denying it happened, but we can ignore one that is happening right now?
Last edited by MooCow12 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #709031

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:29 pm brother in christ, the flags are just cool because flags are cool. And straight people don't have pride flags because you have the default sexuality bud, not much to be proud about being a average joe.
the virgin "flags have been used as a symbol for centuries to express political support for countries, ideologies and organizations"
vs
the chad "flags are used because they look cool"
Boot

Post by Boot » #709033

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:37 pm Howcome the genocide happening in china isnt a hot topic but "THE GENOCIDE" that was stopped at the end of ww2 still is to where people are banned for denying it happened, but we can ignore one that is happening right now?
Communists couldn't ignore the one in Germany once the nazis attacked them. They are more then happy to ignore the one in China.
Image Image
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #709034

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:37 pm Howcome the genocide happening in china isnt a hot topic but "THE GENOCIDE" that was stopped at the end of ww2 still is to where people are banned for denying it happened, but we can ignore one that is happening right now?
What do you mean? I literally got banned from the discord for denying it.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #709035

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:44 pm
What do you mean? I literally got banned from the discord for denying it.
Oh my bad i blankly assumed it was a holocaust deny ban and had nothing to do with CHI-NA
Last edited by MooCow12 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #709036

possibly because all the scholarship on the subject comes from one guy (adrian zenz) who also believes the german soldiers who died in wwii should be counted as victims of communism (HMMMM)
Boot

Post by Boot » #709037

We're all victims of communism on the blessed day.
Image Image