Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by Googles_Hands » #710716

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/79638

I dislike the Eris artstyle.
I do not want more microplastics in my sprites.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Re: Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by Jackraxxus » #711008

Should've stuck to booba jumpskirts.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #711010

DaydreamIQ wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:47 pm Well Viro called out MoffNyan (The person who left a lot of really nice and politely worded feedback) for being 'condescending' and straight up kept calling them a cunt so much that they left the tgcord, and now I'm pretty sure they're banned for being a toxic dickhead. So life goes on I guess. Makes you wonder how they've lasted this long
well then!
great way to shoot yourself in the foot there viro
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #711011

I cannot stand how MothNyan was treated. Their comment was not only incredibly kindly put but also actual constructive criticism that spriters can USE. It's despicable to respond to a post that is the golden standard for dev feedback with toxicity.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #711012

God bless, maybe we can finish it and kick him off the Github as well.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #711013

Cheshify wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:20 pm I cannot stand how MothNyan was treated. Their comment was not only incredibly kindly put but also actual constructive criticism that spriters can USE. It's despicable to respond to a post that is the golden standard for dev feedback with toxicity.
I really liked their suggestion cos it helped me see shit perfectly. The way they were treated on the discord was fucking unacceptable. Viro essentially threatened MothNyan with doxxing. "This is something I used to do but they're lucky I changed" or some such.

I'm surprised if they're not already gitbanned.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #711015

that post was so nice and helpful :( why be so unkind
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #711016

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 pm It's nice to see that the github comments section has improved greatly. A lot of genuinely useful feedback, especially MoffNyan's post there.
A shame players club'll always be like this, though.
Better here than in the pr
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #711017

You can raise a point about too much feedback being seen as hatred but if you take a shit on the floor you have no right to complain when nobody around you seems thrilled about it.
help
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711018

okay I take it back about Viro being somewhat decent on the discord. Viro had a meltdown on Discord. At MothNyan of all folks. Yeah I could see how MothNyan's comment could come off as a bit condescending but it's because Viro has shown to blow up at people who criticize their work. MothNyan was walking on eggshells in a minefield with this guy and he still blew up at them. Bravo.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #711020

What a wild ride.
jimmyl
Byond Username: Jimmyl

Post by jimmyl » #711021

i think its pretty sad viro made mothnyan leave mothnyan is a pretty good person
ImageImageImage
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #711022

I feel bad for mothnyan, they were just really nice whenever I spoke to them and the "arguement" they had with viro was them being sorry and explaining that it wasn't their intent to be condescending
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #711023

classic viro moment
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711024

I figure the post that got them banned was deleted? I tried skimming through the spriter channel and didn't find anything.

I'm genuinely a bit annoyed with the absolute shit Viro threw at Moth. I give props to Moth for having a level head because I would have said some really unsavory stuff.

This is just some of what was said.
Read at your own peril (and blood pressure):
Spoiler:
IDK how to share discord screenshots better than that, sorry.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711028

I don't really mind viro's existing resprites but im pretty sure they were planning on giving medibots a smile which if that bridge is to be crossed you are going to see me soulplain(that's a portmanteau of Soul and Complain) very loudly because medibots should be at most blank faced due to their lack of agency.
Now I'm going to say i DO NOT SUPPORT WHATEVER VITROL viro spewed okay DONT BAN ME ASSHOLE
Now I'd like to complain that the github comments dont need le wholesome moth pictures elongating musk my commute down to the comment box. I mean i'd be pissed if my pr had an essay post along with one of those birthday cat pun greeting cards on it.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711032

Capsandi wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:14 pm I don't really mind viro's existing resprites but im pretty sure they were planning on giving medibots a smile which if that bridge is to be crossed you are going to see me soulplain(that's a portmanteau of Soul and Complain) very loudly because medibots should be at most blank faced due to their lack of agency.
Now I'm going to say i DO NOT SUPPORT WHATEVER VITROL viro spewed okay DONT BAN ME ASSHOLE
Now I'd like to complain that the github comments dont need le wholesome moth pictures elongating musk my commute down to the comment box. I mean i'd be pissed if my pr had an essay post along with one of those birthday cat pun greeting cards on it.
I fully get why Viro saw it as being passive-aggressive, and I'd even argue it came across like that when I read it as well, but Viro takes any form of criticism that isn't from a spritetainer or a fellow spriter (who has been spriting longer than they have, been on the server longer than they have, and have pushed more PRs then they have) poorly. We have the full circle of them getting mad about comments being too rude, too nice, too short, and too long, from regular players, and from somewhat regular spriters.

I've talked to MothNyan before, and that's how they give feedback. I was doing some art stuff and they wrote feedback like this. They write like that to everyone. It's a bit annoying at first but they mean well.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711033

Isn't threatening to dox someone supposed to be an instant blacklist?
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Post by Wolfmoy » #711034

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711036

GPeckman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:21 pm Isn't threatening to dox someone supposed to be an instant blacklist?
there's no way mso would agree with the discord mods on that interpretation i imagine.
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #711038

oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:30 pm there's no way mso would agree with the discord mods on that interpretation i imagine.
what reason would he have to randomly drop the information that he has a history of doxing people other than to threaten the guy
help
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711039

coders can be shit persons and objectively wrong, more at 11
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #711043

It's always, ALWAYS a red flag when someone responds to constructive criticism with "you are an idiot / unintelligent / etc."
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #711044

when is the gitban coming so i never have to witness this again
conrad

Post by conrad » #711045

Pepper wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 pm
oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:30 pm there's no way mso would agree with the discord mods on that interpretation i imagine.
what reason would he have to randomly drop the information that he has a history of doxing people other than to threaten the guy
To sound edgy. But sounding edgy like that is a really fucking stupid idea.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711046

oh goddamnit Moth left the TGdiscord and the manuel discord too.
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #711047

oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:30 pm
GPeckman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:21 pm Isn't threatening to dox someone supposed to be an instant blacklist?
there's no way mso would agree with the discord mods on that interpretation i imagine.
Even joking about doxxing leads to blacklisting. Viro saying that he'd have doxxed if it was his past self... but not only is this a bit more severe as a threat than a joke (seeing as it could've very well been a thing in the past) but why would you mention it if you were past it? Shit's crazy to just say.
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #711049

conrad wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 pm To sound edgy. But sounding edgy like that is a really fucking stupid idea.
imo his post read like a manipulation tactic. like the guy somehow owes him for the "gratitude" of restraining himself by not doxing him. like he's soooo lucky that viro was is a nice person now by "only" being an inflammatory asshole and not straight up doxing him
help
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #711050

Pepper wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 pm
you know i'm not mso right?
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #711051

oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:25 pm you know i'm not mso right?
i am asking for your input because i value your opinion :)
help
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711052

I do not imagine that it would have been the "you should love yourself NOW" version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzkTbS2PXNM
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #711053

Cheshify wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:20 pm I cannot stand how MothNyan was treated. Their comment was not only incredibly kindly put but also actual constructive criticism that spriters can USE. It's despicable to respond to a post that is the golden standard for dev feedback with toxicity.
They actually do come off as very condescending, so they should take some communication lessons
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #711055

I do communication lessons.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #711058

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 pm
NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:53 am Iunno why anyone here in the thread is convinced viro has special privileges like he isn't at the end of an extremely short rope with the team as is. He literally got told, in this PR, he is going to get his pr's closed if his attitude doesn't improve and he doesn't stop trying to invite aggression towards himself. He is actively making things worse for everyone by behaving like that.
He also actually has been giviing reasonable responses to the replies largely speaking, he just decided to start off by shitting in his own hands and clapping for soome reason
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:24 am >uses the most clear sprite to prove the sprites are just fine

something smells
I know its cruel of me to expect you to read things before having an emotional reaction but "the most clear sprites" were the specific subset of sprites we were talking about and why I said "It is funny you call these unclear because to me they are the most clear".
bro you been hanging out with oranges too much

YOU TOOK THE MOST CLEAR SPRITE GRAPHIC OUT OF MANY BLURRY SHIT SPRITE GRAPHICS
AND USED THAT TO SAY "HUH SEE THEY ALL LOOK FINE"

I DONT THINK I CAN CLARIFY THIS ANY FUCKING FURTHER WITHOUT RESORTING TO CRAG RESPONSES

sorry for yelling i'm really hungry
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #711059

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:57 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 pm
NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:53 am Iunno why anyone here in the thread is convinced viro has special privileges like he isn't at the end of an extremely short rope with the team as is. He literally got told, in this PR, he is going to get his pr's closed if his attitude doesn't improve and he doesn't stop trying to invite aggression towards himself. He is actively making things worse for everyone by behaving like that.
He also actually has been giviing reasonable responses to the replies largely speaking, he just decided to start off by shitting in his own hands and clapping for soome reason
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:24 am >uses the most clear sprite to prove the sprites are just fine

something smells
I know its cruel of me to expect you to read things before having an emotional reaction but "the most clear sprites" were the specific subset of sprites we were talking about and why I said "It is funny you call these unclear because to me they are the most clear".
bro you been hanging out with oranges too much

YOU TOOK THE MOST CLEAR SPRITE GRAPHIC OUT OF MANY BLURRY SHIT SPRITE GRAPHICS
AND USED THAT TO SAY "HUH SEE THEY ALL LOOK FINE"

I DONT THINK I CAN CLARIFY THIS ANY FUCKING FURTHER WITHOUT RESORTING TO CRAG RESPONSES

oh wait i just read the actual thing i was replying to i was very tired

i am now very tired and hungry you have my apologies sir
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711060

Pepper wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:21 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 pm To sound edgy. But sounding edgy like that is a really fucking stupid idea.
imo his post read like a manipulation tactic. like the guy somehow owes him for the "gratitude" of restraining himself by not doxing him. like he's soooo lucky that viro was is a nice person now by "only" being an inflammatory asshole and not straight up doxing him
pretty much this yeah
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711061

I just assume everyone is going to take my comments in the worst possible interpretation and start from there.

Or ignore me, that too. Ideally that since it's easier than trying to explain myself. I blame it on ending stuff with periods since it always looks like I'm pissed.
Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:57 pm

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:59 pm oh wait i just read the actual thing i was replying to i was very tired

i am now very tired and hungry you have my apologies sir
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #711073

Snickers.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #711074

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 pm It's nice to see that the github comments section has improved greatly. A lot of genuinely useful feedback, especially MoffNyan's post there.
A shame players club'll always be like this, though.
Unfortunately it turns out it doesn't matter if Viro can't take criticism well.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #711078

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:32 pm
► Show Spoiler
listen man you gotta spoil or compress your images theyre massive
respect (let him do his thing)
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711082

kinnebian wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:32 pm
► Show Spoiler
listen man you gotta spoil or compress your images theyre massive
HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I'VE BEEN DOING SHITTY PAINT.NET EDITS FOR YEAAAAAARS LONGER THAN YOU HAAAAAAAVE YOU FORUM US*R

/s

I changed it to be 30% smaller but it still might be too big I keep forgetting that I have bigger monitors now.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #711084

Capsandi wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:14 pm I don't really mind viro's existing resprites but im pretty sure they were planning on giving medibots a smile which if that bridge is to be crossed you are going to see me soulplain(that's a portmanteau of Soul and Complain) very loudly because medibots should be at most blank faced due to their lack of agency.
don't worry that wasn't viro, that spriter is a lot more wholesome and also will probably listen to you if you mention this
i really want their medbot sprites but also i presonally agree that I think faceless is better
Last edited by Jacquerel on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #711085

oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:37 pm
They actually do come off as very condescending, so they should take some communication lessons
While I agree that MothNyan's original comment could come off as condescending, if you react to being talked to that way by flying off the handle so hard you end up permabanned from the Discord I think it's obvious that some sort of anger management lessons are needed or something. They would've been better off just not saying anything rather than completely burying someone trying to help them, regardless of the use of condescending language.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #711086

BonChoi wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:41 pm
oranges wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:37 pm
While I agree that MothNyan's original comment could come off as condescending, if you react to being talked to that way by flying off the handle so hard you end up permabanned from the Discord I think it's obvious that some sort of anger management lessons are needed or something. They would've been better off just not saying anything rather than completely burying someone trying to help them, regardless of the use of condescending language.
well i dont think anyone is arguing that viro isn't a psychopath with a keyboard.
conrad

Post by conrad » #711087

Pepper wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:21 pm
Yeah I sorta agree, sorta cos that to me sounds a bit like a threat. Sounded like a threat to MoffNyan too. Fucked IMO
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #711089

I can't see what world:
Sorry this was a long read, but I honestly do feel like you have the ability to make great sprites! If you continue to study colour theory and the design principals of picking out "focal points" you should be able to improve and make sprites that can make both yourself and others happy!
Isn't insanely elitist and condescending.

Stop acting like its wholesome.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #711091

I think that like Viro they simply did not have the understanding of what the effect of their words actually are vs what they intended, only from exactly the opposite direction. It was not a sensible line to include in the message, but I do still believe it was from entirely misplaced sincerity rather than passive aggressive.
conrad

Post by conrad » #711097

Tbh I don't think either person in this is entirely free of guilt but we have a proverb in the Conrad household that goes: just 'cos I got a mean skidmark doesn't mean you get to shit yourself.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #711098

Idk how but my brain does not see that sentence posted here as condescending at all to me.

Not sure what about it makes it condescending other than maybe if you dont agree with some of the points there? Implications that they dont make great sprites? ehh. Depends on who you are I guess. I have been taught by people in the art world that would make comments that sound mega condescending and it can still be very good advice. If they speak like that when criticising your work, then thats how they are. If you don't like that, then give them pointers on how to improve back, or just ignore them. Don't fight them for it. Fighting them over it is just going to get more of what you don't like. People do not change how they talk easily.

Some people really cannot take criticism. Which is a shame, really..

But even then, what could Moth have done to sound nicer? Just.. not post? Yeah, I dont know. criticism is criticism.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
conrad

Post by conrad » #711099

Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 am Idk how but my brain does not see that sentence posted here as condescending at all to me.

Not sure what about it makes it condescending other than maybe if you dont agree with some of the points there? Implications that they dont make great sprites? ehh. Depends on who you are I guess. I have been taught by people in the art world that would make comments that sound mega condescending and it can still be very good advice. If they speak like that when criticising your work, then thats how they are. If you don't like that, then give them pointers on how to improve back, or just ignore them. Don't fight them for it. Fighting them over it is just going to get more of what you don't like. People do not change how they talk easily.

Some people really cannot take criticism. Which is a shame, really..

But even then, what could Moth have done to sound nicer? Just.. not post? Yeah, I dont know. criticism is criticism.
That was a cool response, and I see that you're passionate about the player's club. I think if you study some rethoric and learn proper formal logic you'd be able to produce much better, readable arguments for both yourself and the player's club.

Is it clearer now?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711100

The lesson here is to be a massive insufferable dick at every waking moment that way you don’t commit the crime of coming across as condescending.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711101

i dislike that the conversation has degenerated to comparing someone that tries their damn hardest to be nice to someone who spends their time getting a rise out of people getting angry

viro is consistently and purposefully condescending 24/7. i dont think i particularly give any fucking shits about trying to weigh the scales against someone that was just trying to be nice
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)