Lurzik

[Scriptis] Ric Lars - Harsh ban?

Post by Lurzik » #712085

Ban Details
BYOND account: Lurzik
Character name: Ric Lars
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: I have permanently banned you from antagonist until you can play for a month or more without egregious antag rolling. Appeal that ban when you can show you can play the game normally.
Time ban was placed: 11/19/2023 02:28:37
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: I understand that antag rolling is bad, and I'm technically not an intern anymore but I never received a warning or anything. And in fairness I wasn't playing a crucial role like medical or engineering, I was just playing geneticist. I know how to play the game normally, but I just wanted to try something dumb, and the problem is is that I could only do it by being traitor geneticist. Obviously I didn't realize it was an offense let alone a permaban offense.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No
If no, please provide more details: I think given the context of my ignorance and that I was playing a role I would consider somewhat disposable compared to others, I think not. Otherwise the note was justified.
Supporting logs: My ban was justified, but the time for being banned I would argue was overkill.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: No
If no, please provide more details: I completely understand the idea of enforcing this rule but how harshly is the problem. I never even got a warning or anything, just a straight permaban.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: [Scriptis] Ric Lars - Harsh ban?

Post by conrad » #712086

For clarification, the ban type is an antag ban (permanent), with the following description as such:
Banned from Roles: pAI, Bot, Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Antag rolling - "Lurzik/(Ric Lar) "geneticist is only fun when your a traitor." Early exits in 219056, 219051, 219047, 219007. Appeal this in a month's time or more when you can demonstrate continuous faithful play as a nonantagonist.
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #712109

It's a month ban with extra steps, but given that you didn't really get a warning beforehand, I'll call it a week and then appeal if you can manage to play properly for that week. That cool?
Spoiler:

Lurzik

Post by Lurzik » #712110

Although I would say my previous games played normally would show I can play normally, it works for me.
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #712111

Cool, pop back by on 26 Nov with another appeal and we'll get this lifted.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #713067

Lurzik voiced interest in having this reopened per their last discussion with Scriptis.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you