Forced Felinutification

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Forced Felinutification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712588

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35349

I'm unsure how to feel about unconsensual catification.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: Forced Felinutification

Post by iwishforducks » #712593

ban evaders put more effort into their alt appeals than this
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #712594

Folks' statics aren't sacred, but they probably shouldn't be fucked with if you don't have some sort of license like antag or tit-for-tat retaliation in any sort of meaningfully irreversible way if you don't wanna court rule 1 or self-antagging - which it seems that they did. This looks like a fair shoot.

Getting mis-ID'd as a nonhuman can get you killed.
feedback appreciated here <3
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #712595

Admins on Manuel have force felinid transformed people several times in the last week.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #712596

hey wait a minute thats me in that screenshot

of all the things this person COULD'VE DONE to someone while reviving them they gave them.... cat ears, terrifying i know.

i know sybil tiders will suicide over cat ears but like lets say i'm a tider in their shoes i'd just turn around after realizing i have cat ears, ask another MD who gave me the surgery, then crit and rob them, like isn't that something people would just do? its a free pass to rob a head of staff like any guy wouldn't just do that, yeah i understand that this guy was nonantag but doesn't that just mean he can get shitwhipped by any of the crew he DID do surgery on? iunno just reeks of IC issue to me, especially the fact that this was on sybil of all places, feels too weak honestly.

characters aren't sacred, if you get goop'd thats just how it rolls around these parts
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #712597

Not noteworthy, but very much so deconstruct-the-entirety-of-the-CMO-office-then-space-the-room-and-kidnap-Runtime-worthy.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #712598

This shouldn’t be a note, it reeks of cringe.

Let people have fun and open doors
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #712601

escalation bait behavior tbqh, shouldve been a perma. where did they even get the cat ears btw?
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #712602

bad note, ic issue.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712606

peanut on the ban tangibly related to this incident: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=35048
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #712608

It's the second time I've seen Bible wrongly note someone for things that are perfectly acceptable on LRP that wouldn't necessarily be allowed on Manuel without antag status/prior ahelps. The other one was also appearance related.

What is allowed on LRP in terms of FNR appearance changing: Race changing (humans and non-humans alike), modifying a person's purely physical appearance in general (like spraytan OD botanists).
What isn't allowed on LRP in terms of FNR appearance changing: Chopping off/replacing limbs that would give debuffs, stealing critical items on the person and/or items that would cause permanent loss in mood.

Mind you obviously the exception to this is if a person does it regularly FNR and forms a pattern or if they use it to bait escalation by punishing people that retaliate over it, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the CMO here. I think in the future this is more of a lesson learned that when we have someone admin on a server that's different to what they're used to they should maybe have someone mentoring them/giving them a second opinion so they don't get ahead of themselves. Bible has been quite a bit active on LRP, but rather than taking time to understand how the server works, it seems like they're just handling it how they'd handle Manuel, which isn't why we have a distinction between LRP and MRP. A headmin should be able to recognise that.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712610

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 pm Mind you obviously the exception to this is if a person does it regularly FNR and forms a pattern or if they use it to bait escalation by punishing people that retaliate over it,
bingo, that's why i make notes the way i do. they're not punishments, they're record-keeping because the admin team isn't a hivemind who will know if someone is repeating the same gimmick again and again unless they have something to go off of.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #712611

That note better fade with time then lol.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712612

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:21 pm That note better fade with time then lol.
actually I had this one bronzed.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #712613

Forcible unwanted cosmetic surgeries on crew has always been provocation on the level of "if you cry about ending up dead and hidden in a locker by a victim over this I will ban you" so it seems reasonable that the admins can tell you to knock it off.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #712614

tbm you'll be banning admins who use the purrbation button now right?
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #712615

oranges wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:59 pm tbm you'll be banning admins who use the purrbation button now right?
No we have to keep beating this horse, itll get funny again eventually i swear guys
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712616

yeah this peanut isn’t as spicy as i would like. pretty lukewarm takes all around.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712617

here let me try something

why was this note as a punishment for an IC issue?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712618

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 am why was this note as a punishment for an IC issue?
this note wasn't a punishment, it was just a record of a line toe
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #712619

when you are given a chance to take back your mistake, but double down on it. perks of being a headmin I guess
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712620

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:35 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 am why was this note as a punishment for an IC issue?
if notes aren't punishments then why do people get banned for having them down the line??
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #712621

Notes aren't punishments posters when I use my maintainer perms to note a headmin
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712622

if notes aren't punishments then why do people get banned for having them down the line??
because they set tracks for establishing behavior that may end up being punished with repetition, as seen here.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712623

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am
because they set tracks for establishing behavior that may end up being punished with repetition, as seen here.
cope, buddy. notes are absolutely punishment and youre delusional if you don't think that.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #712628

Dawg what are you doing
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712629

I’m pretty ambivalent to if this was a rulebreak or not, but if you think the behavior was bad at least put your nuts on the table and say
“Yes this behavior is undesirable and I noted them for it because it was undesirable”
and not this defensive of
“You can’t criticize my note because its just a record of information and not a real punishment”
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712630

BonChoi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:19 am Dawg what are you doing
idk i kinda liked the bit
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712631

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:35 am this note wasn't a punishment, it was just a record of a line toe
brother no where in the note you placed did it say anything about toeing the line or “not making a habit” about the behavior at all.

you used the words “Should not”

“Should not” implies this is not an ic issue but is an administrative issue.

Is this behavior acceptable or not?
If its not acceptable why are you calling it an IC issue?
If it is acceptable why did you say “you should not make alterations to another person’s character without their consent”

Is it ok to do as long as you aren't doing it consistently round after round? Or is it never ok? Because in the ban appeal you say one thing and in the peanut you say another.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712632

he bit the hook
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #712633

TBM taking the orange pill today.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #712635

We note people for doing any kind of body modification like removing/replacing other peoples' limbs for no reason without consent. It's grief. It's not something you should be doing to people for no IC reason.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #712636

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:01 am We note people for doing any kind of body modification like removing/replacing other peoples' limbs for no reason without consent. It's grief. It's not something you should be doing to people for no IC reason.
shouldnt...shouldnt reactive bio scrambler armor be banned then?

also isnt adding cat ears to someone who is dead literally just aesthetics.
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712637

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 am he bit the hook
Schrödinger's bait.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #712638

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 am also isnt adding cat ears to someone who is dead literally just aesthetics.
No
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #712640

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 am
Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:01 am We note people for doing any kind of body modification like removing/replacing other peoples' limbs for no reason without consent. It's grief. It's not something you should be doing to people for no IC reason.
shouldnt...shouldnt reactive bio scrambler armor be banned then?

also isnt adding cat ears to someone who is dead literally just aesthetics.
1) No, because that's obviously being done by a game mechanic and not by someone individually.

2) No, because if they are revived with the cat ears on they lose silicon protections under Asimov (Silicons can identify non-humans based on species traits, like wings, tails, and cat ears). It's also just shitty to do - modifying someone's character without their consent is a dick move, and rule 1 is "don't be a dick". If you have valid IC reasons to do it (someone keeps breaking into your department, you're an antag, you have explicit beef with them, they're being species-ist) then the situation is less cut and dry, but Vending Machine had none of these reasons - they just did it because they thought it was funny.

tl;dr Altering peoples' character without consent as a non-antag (and without IC justification) is a rule 1 violation. Don't do it.
Spoiler:
And because I know some pedant is going to say it, by "altering peoples' character" I don't mean injuring them or blowing their arm off in an explosion, I mean explicitly replacing or changing parts of their character without their consent or knowledge.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #712641

Yeah Vekter but what about throwing a pie at someone, huh? That alters their sprite until they wash their face. Should I be banned for throwing a pie?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712642

yes
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #712643

local headmin becomes sole admin on duty after admin team struggles to understand obtuse policy changes. More at 6.
conrad wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:24 am Yeah Vekter but what about throwing a pie at someone, huh? That alters their sprite until they wash their face. Should I be banned for throwing a pie?
Well if you have no IC reason to do so thats being a dick, which falls under rule 1.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712644

fuck you i was going to double post and now my joke is RUINED. it just doesn't hit as hard when it's not a double post.
Spoiler:
permanently banned. blacklisted, even. shunned, strung by the limbs, taken to the gallows, etc etc
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #712646

Holy ic issue just beat up the cmo after the fact and tell sec
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #712651

It is the year of 203X. There is no more such thing as an "IC issue". The Admins intervene in every random squabble or action that vaguely harms other people. Non-antagonists are absurdly bored and validhunt even more than they do, or alternatively just afk in a corner while they wait to be able to play their boring job simulator. Anyone who dares to try and randomly shove people in the hallways or start shit is instantly sent to admin jail, and are given a 20 minute lecture over ahelps as well as a permanent note before being returned to the round, all of their gear stolen as per a standard security confiscation. This is completely fine, as permanent notes are not punishments, and only exist to note people's repeated patterns of breaking the rules or performing low level antagonistic activities so they can be banned later for trying to not have fun. The vines of Manuel have wrapped onto the other servers, corrupting and encouraging "roleplay" with their horrid policies and plans, (despite there being almost no roleplay at all in any tg server except basil). However, there is hope. Terry, the shittiest, dirtiest, muddiest, server in existence, still struggles against the tyranny of the MRP admin clique, even after all the other servers have given up. Every week, there is a new "funeral incident" in rebellion and mourning for yet another perm'd soldier who engaged in incredibly advanced hatecrimes against the admins. Will there ever be peace? Will the MRP admins and the NRP players ever reconcile? No, never, as the fundamental war between player and admin is bound to the very culture of the server and admins themselves. A culture clash of the greatest proportions, of Mozzarella dragon lightsabers, Talon worshipers (he got perm banned another 5 times), and Virology mains (they got replaced by fish doctors).
NSFW:
This is a satire, you evil MRP mozzarella hating admins. Don't ban me or I will become a virology main in real life and make that Mozzarella dragon my new fursona.
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712654

manuel is deranged
reminder that they got randomnamed back a few years ago and had a collective mental breakdown about it because they were no longer their statics
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #712658

I think TBM might be losing it, anyone else?
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712659

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am
Okay, if this is to punish things that shouldn't be done repetitively, does that mean he can do this like, once a month or something, regardless of the existence of this note?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #712665

I want TBM to mass purrbate Terry non-stop until they agree this ban was justified.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #712673

Bruh why is this a note...who cares...someone got cat ears oh no... hurts me that ic conflicts that have the potential to arrise are being stomped out instead and replaced with "YOU MUST NOT DO THIS." Especially when it's rather harmless- things like baldium, mutation toxin cat ears ect have been the starter of ic conflict for agesss
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712675

What if instead they removed felinids ears and tails. That's am Asimov buff.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #712676

Its sad that silicons have to be considered at all for this equation considering if they try it you can kill them anyways because theres no feedback to know when a borgs disabled and nobody should trust combat enough against borgs to not kill them (and take them to robotics for legal defense)

Was there a mysterious third party that took this heinous offense personally? Are the trumpets of heaven sounding because the damned roam the earth and they all look like they came outta nyan neko sugar girls? If so i hope you bought your laser pointers and wood chippers.

I can understand that like, if they were taking whole ass limbs away from people this'd be an actual issue, because yknow then im being mechanically limited with an issue that isnt one of the biggest nonfactors in the whole universe. but at what point does a normal sane human player look at having cat ears and weep because they lost asimov protections, one of the biggest "who??????" Bonuses in the entire game, newsflash, i have greybull and a toolbelt.
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #712680

admins only bring silicons into the argument for these scenarios because they have absolutely nothing left to grasp at but the vague don't be a dick rule, which gets them (rightfully) ridiculed when they use it so liberally. it's not that it's actually the problem that they think it is but it's an easy cop out. historically when a person goes around non-humanning people the AI, rather than targeting the non-human, focuses on detaining the dude going around non-humanning folks since "humans being non-humanned can lead to someone who is now a human being harmed later"

also what the fuck is this example? a guy gets surgery in plain sight and is given cat ears. he can easily explain to the AI that he's actually human because he's not meowing and doesn't have a tail and was just given ears by forced. or even to check his medical records assuming the CMO didn't alter them. or to check his crew manifest photo which the cmo can't touch. or ask other people to confirm. the admins aren't arguing in good faith here in the slightest
Last edited by TypicalRig on Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.