two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Post by BonChoi » #713570

Bottom post of the previous page:

Forum poster newbie makes shitty thread title
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #713637

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:20 pm
COST OF CHASING TIDERS: TIME, EFFORT, POSSIBLE LOSS OF POSSESSIONS (IF YOU'RE A NOOB LIKE SEAL)
GAIN OF CHASING TIDERS: ???

COST OF CHASING ANTAGONISTS: YOU MIGHT DIE
GAIN OF CHASING ANTAGONISTS: THE SURVIVAL OF THE STATION AND ITS CREW, GAMERGEAR, EPIC BATTLES

Only COWARDS focus on tiders because they're AFRAID of engaging ACTUAL threats.
"Nice, said the hangman and pulled the lever.

Alfred Spangler died.

It was generally agreed that they had been good last words.

- Sir Terry Pratchett, Going Postal.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #713639

c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm i hope im next at this point. i havent even done anything but i hope they find something to get me banned. make something up for all i care. if they're gonna go down the line banning deadminning and blacklisting all my friends then whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone? i fucking hate this
Big condolences from me fren because it really sucks to lose friends in a community where some get pushed out and some stay inside, make sure to stay in contact with them wherever they go (could still be ss13 community). You'll find new peeps here to hang with in time.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #713640

7 users redigged this
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713641

c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm i hope im next at this point. i havent even done anything but i hope they find something to get me banned. make something up for all i care. if they're gonna go down the line banning deadminning and blacklisting all my friends then whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone? i fucking hate this
yup pretty sad

MSO is known for making quick decision banning so i don't even blame him

after getting some details from sinful i can say that (if these details are true) that the current headmin team is absolutely fucking bonkers.
like spending hours of their time digging up enough information to ban people because they are literal fucking drama vampires bonkers. (this includes the recent admin deadminning and sun catton permaing)

literally none of this is as bad as vekter or any purple name says it is.

if i'm missing any info here feel free to clear it up for me otherwise i'll see yall when the red names are gone

>sinful and pepper now have more time for shiptest

Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #713642

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 pm

>sinful and pepper now have more time for shiptest

But will sinful get banned on shiptest for pen theft?
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713643

if i'm missing any info here feel free to clear it up for me otherwise i'll see yall when the red names are gone
I'm gonna carry on as I always do, but it does make me ask:
I feel like I'm missing a lot of primary sources, getting a lot of one sided stories, maybe reliable maybe not narrators and not seeing the very messages/actions people did something that led to a ban, that led to blacklist, etc. Are we going to learn more? It seems like a circus balancing act between "trust me bro" and leaking someone's private messages and other sensitive stuff. But surely what we know right now isn't enough, we know the "why" but I just want to see the "what" or else of course friends of sinful and pepper are gonna feel like they're getting sniped one by one while everyone whoops and cheers
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #713645

im on the fence about sharing leaked messages from the discord. people want answers and proof but i said as much back when the manuel metagang was banned: it feels weird to air dirty laundry like that from what is most likely a personal place where very personal conversations happened. is it right to then just dump all that in a public space and let people feed on it just to get naysayers and critics off our back? i'm not so sure.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713646

all in the name of "LE EVIL TOXICITY"

what a fucking bogeyman.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713647

If I trust one side, people went way too far with the bones they had to pick and started bullying and harrassing people out of the server. If I trust the other, someone just got copped for private opinions aired where they weren't meant to be. You know what the difference is? What people actually typed and sent in that private discord. "I hate x" is an opinion and voiced dislike, "I'm going to make life as painful for x as I can while i'm in this community" is a completely different thing that feeds into ongoing harrassment. Only way I personally can say whether it's the former or the latter is based off of what I see because even sorting that is subjective. All we can hope is that the majority sees the evidence and says "it made sense two people got blacklisted" because otherwise that's a big problem
dendydoom wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:41 pm im on the fence about sharing leaked messages from the discord. people want answers and proof but i said as much back when the manuel metagang was banned: it feels weird to air dirty laundry like that from what is most likely a personal place where very personal conversations happened.

is it right to then just dump all that in a public space and let people feed on it just to get naysayers and critics off our back? i'm not so sure.
it's not, but either we get security that justice was served or the people that were removed should agree justice was served. The fact there's a disagreement says we need to look at the evidence. The people removed say they were removed unfairly, offer their side of the story, but don't want the admin team to show what they have? Because it would be personal? Do you see the cactus I'm punching right now?
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713648

mfw the narrator is not reliable..
respect (let him do his thing)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713649

kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:50 pm mfw the narrator is not reliable..
Okay before you dm me who are you
"kurt vonnegut"
FUCK
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #713650

when has mso ever been
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713651

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:51 pm
Okay before you dm me who are you
"kurt vonnegut"
FUCK
kek
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #713652

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 pm If I trust one side, people went way too far with the bones they had to pick and started bullying and harrassing people out of the server. If I trust the other, someone just got copped for private opinions aired where they weren't meant to be. You know what the difference is? What people actually typed and sent in that private discord. "I hate x" is an opinion and voiced dislike, "I'm going to make life as painful for x as I can while i'm in this community" is a completely different thing that feeds into ongoing harrassment. Only way I personally can say whether it's the former or the latter is based off of what I see because even sorting that is subjective. All we can hope is that the majority sees the evidence and says "it made sense two people got blacklisted" because otherwise that's a big problem
dendydoom wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:41 pm im on the fence about sharing leaked messages from the discord. people want answers and proof but i said as much back when the manuel metagang was banned: it feels weird to air dirty laundry like that from what is most likely a personal place where very personal conversations happened.

is it right to then just dump all that in a public space and let people feed on it just to get naysayers and critics off our back? i'm not so sure.
it's not, but either we get security that justice was served or the people that were removed should agree justice was served. The fact there's a disagreement says we need to look at the evidence. The people removed say they were removed unfairly, offer their side of the story, but don't want the admin team to show what they have? Because it would be personal? Do you see the cactus I'm punching right now?
yes, those are good points - thank you for sharing. i imagine all that you can really do if you're dead set on releasing evidence is to edit it down to only the most absolutely relevant parts. but then again, what of the people that it supposedly targets? is it fair to them to be dragged into the middle of all of this? it may well be very uncomfortable for them.

the harsh reality of this is that it's also not a ban that any admin can place - it's a blacklist by the host that's unappealable. i feel like this changes things somewhat. whatever is released is only to sate people's curiosity, because this doesn't follow the procedure of an admin applying a ban which can then be overturned or appealed if it's found to be made incorrectly or on poor evidence. this can't be overturned by anyone but the host.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713653

dendydoom wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:02 pm
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 pm If I trust one side, people went way too far with the bones they had to pick and started bullying and harrassing people out of the server. If I trust the other, someone just got copped for private opinions aired where they weren't meant to be. You know what the difference is? What people actually typed and sent in that private discord. "I hate x" is an opinion and voiced dislike, "I'm going to make life as painful for x as I can while i'm in this community" is a completely different thing that feeds into ongoing harrassment. Only way I personally can say whether it's the former or the latter is based off of what I see because even sorting that is subjective. All we can hope is that the majority sees the evidence and says "it made sense two people got blacklisted" because otherwise that's a big problem

yes, those are good points - thank you for sharing. i imagine all that you can really do if you're dead set on releasing evidence is to edit it down to only the most absolutely relevant parts. but then again, what of the people that it supposedly targets? is it fair to them to be dragged into the middle of all of this? it may well be very uncomfortable for them.

the harsh reality of this is that it's also not a ban that any admin can place - it's a blacklist by the host that's unappealable. i feel like this changes things somewhat. whatever is released is only to sate people's curiosity, because this doesn't follow the procedure of an admin applying a ban which can then be overturned or appealed if it's found to be made incorrectly or on poor evidence. this can't be overturned by anyone but the host.
i'm pretty sure at this point that the harsh reality is that what this boils down to is some purple names being friends with red names
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713654

at some point we will see what the deciding factors were and we won't have to chew the cud with filled in blanks about what happened
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #713655

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713656

hey! vsauce, michael here. your private discord is very safe.

or is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32EJg8lqJgQ
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713657

reminder that coder headmins are the only reason oranges has access to admin channel again :lol: :honk:
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #713658

A coder headmin also removed him, so
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:14 pm at some point we will see what the deciding factors were and we won't have to chew the cud with filled in blanks about what happened
yep =/
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #713659

c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm ...whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone?...
What the hell did you think you've been doing here? What has anyone been doing in these peanut threads outside of celebrating that they can conform to some ultimately meaningless rules better than the banned user? Anyone who says that peanuts are a needed organ of some abstract community concept is lying through their ass. The peanut exists because you have no better way to entertain yourself than to enter a thread titled "ESCAL8TON NUT L E L" and to spend 3 minutes composing some reply to the effect of "This dumbass has no self control in the gaze of the admin!" or "AD(OLF)MIN L E L". The door is always open, but you don't leave? Mayhaps I shall extrapolate these conditions to accuse you of lacking the ability to live a life of just, or perchance I mayhaps wear the face of a loved one and tell you that you need to sort yourself out GOODBYE GOODBYE. Oh but I cant leave what about my metafriends awww my metalfriends?!? AKTLY thats speak for aktually also known as haha i am taking the piss out of you. AKTLY if you cant justify wasting 6-8 hours a week on flame wars by any other name for a pfp then your a sociopath or a child okay. Y U SO MAD LEL.
LEL. I remember when I used to have conversations with people who didn't lie to themselves constantly in the pursuit of happiness. Are you happy?
The TG station social construct or "Community" not to be confused with the world outside your head in which no such thing exists, is... well, its a grouping of people- well, nobody belongs to it themselves so its not actually a group. Even if you can't find bespoke members of the group, you can still interpolate from common attributes of those who can be in a group. Therefore we know that the tg station community in your mind doesnt want to be happy.
Um AKTLY cap&sand I you fool this is projection.
Forte' my social construct friend my partaking in these threads cannot be construed as anything but the same reasons others do, but realize that I came here originally for the actually existing concept of the /tg/station project to which I used firstly to learn git and secondly to make sure my auditory sense is palpable to a wide audience. I remember when I suffered a misconception once, but I didn't double down. I didn't claw through a muddy cliff face telling myself there was a world unseen on the other end. I ate a three course meal of my pride and got back to the beaten path. And If I must claw through a cliff face it shall be for equally unverifiable but entirely valid reasons according to that concept which is I. Thats just the problem with people these days. I consider the rest of my time spent here as idle entertainment and ascribe to it no more weight than that. If we were to do some childish number crunching I could say that I paid MSO 30 - 40 bucks in bitcoin I couldn't use, and donated 10 bucks to charity for what i got out of it, and thats alright. I dont need to be justified by /tg/station, or in the eyes of a profile pic. I need not be happy for I know myself, more than any gauge of healthy mentality could, and thus I am justified as long as I conform to that concept of myself. did you see that? Whether its the project or this textbox its entertainment in the end, so stop being so seariuz. You think I really care about the hut? or.. whatever else idk what ive put my chips on. I was here because I was skimming the tools I - you know what im done with writing for today so uh, candlejack, I'll see you gu
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #713660

jesus christ
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713661

wesoda25 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:18 pm A coder headmin also removed him, so

FAIRLY sure it was an ADMIN who sometimes coded on the side that removed him

it took three full on coder headmins to finally get him reinstated

keep on honkin that horn though

:honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman:
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #713662

Capsandi wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:20 pm
c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm ...whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone?...
► Show Spoiler
not reading all that
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #713663

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:14 pm at some point we will see what the deciding factors were and we won't have to chew the cud with filled in blanks about what happened
actually we wont, because they're blacklisted, which means they cannot appeal.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713664

our version of the panama papers is gonna be called the peppermint papers and thats kind of cool i guess
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #713665

What the hell did you think you've been doing here? What has anyone been doing in these peanut threads outside of celebrating that they can conform to some ultimately meaningless rules better than the banned user? Anyone who says that peanuts are a needed organ of some abstract community concept is lying through their ass. The peanut exists because you have no better way to entertain yourself than to enter a thread titled "ESCAL8TON NUT L E L" and to spend 3 minutes composing some reply to the effect of "This dumbass has no self control in the gaze of the admin!" or "AD(OLF)MIN L E L". The door is always open, but you don't leave? Mayhaps I shall extrapolate these conditions to accuse you of lacking the ability to live a life of just, or perchance I mayhaps wear the face of a loved one and tell you that you need to sort yourself out GOODBYE GOODBYE. Oh but I cant leave what about my metafriends awww my metalfriends?!? AKTLY thats speak for aktually also known as haha i am taking the piss out of you. AKTLY if you cant justify wasting 6-8 hours a week on flame wars by any other name for a pfp then your a sociopath or a child okay. Y U SO MAD LEL.
LEL. I remember when I used to have conversations with people who didn't lie to themselves constantly in the pursuit of happiness. Are you happy?
The TG station social construct or "Community" not to be confused with the world outside your head in which no such thing exists, is... well, its a grouping of people- well, nobody belongs to it themselves so its not actually a group. Even if you can't find bespoke members of the group, you can still interpolate from common attributes of those who can be in a group. Therefore we know that the tg station community in your mind doesnt want to be happy.
Forte' my social construct friend my partaking in these threads cannot be construed as anything but the same reasons others do, but realize that I came here originally for the actually existing concept of the /tg/station project to which I used firstly to learn git and secondly to make sure my auditory sense is palpable to a wide audience. I remember when I suffered a misconception once, but I didn't double down. I didn't claw through a muddy cliff face telling myself there was a world unseen on the other end. I ate a three course meal of my pride and got back to the beaten path. And If I must claw through a cliff face it shall be for equally unverifiable but entirely valid reasons according to that concept which is I. Thats just the problem with people these days. I consider the rest of my time spent here as idle entertainment and ascribe to it no more weight than that. If we were to do some childish number crunching I could say that I paid MSO 30 - 40 bucks in bitcoin I couldn't use, and donated 10 bucks to charity for what i got out of it, and thats alright. I dont need to be justified by /tg/station, or in the eyes of a profile pic. I need not be happy for I know myself, more than any gauge of healthy mentality could, and thus I am justified as long as I conform to that concept of myself. did you see that? Whether its the project or this textbox its entertainment in the end, so stop being so seariuz. You think I really care about the hut? or.. whatever else idk what ive put my chips on. I was here because I was skimming the tools I - you know what im done with writing for today so uh, candlejack, I'll see you gu
holy shit.. an original work of art
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713667

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 pm
holy shit.. an original work of art
it looks like what comes out when you repeatedly tap the word suggestions on imessage
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #713670

just dont engage with it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #713672

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 pm our version of the panama papers is gonna be called the peppermint papers and thats kind of cool i guess
That is the most likely way anyone will ever see any evidence or not.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #713674

Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713675

I don't even know who I am yet...

Phew... I didn't think this thread would go so introspective. I need some time
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #713677

oranges wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 pm
actually we wont, because they're blacklisted, which means they cannot appeal.
They could always send the evidence to their pals to share or something.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #713679

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:30 pm
I swear every time I open this thread you've added an additional thing to your profile picture. It was just one beard, then a hat, then another hat.

PRESUBMIT EDIT: the time I took to type this two more posts were made.
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #713683

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #713684

never again will there be a sinful medicated or unmedicated post
never again will the catgirl named pepper mint step foot on tg grounds

god wept
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #713688

i can't say i've been a huge fan of the slash-and-burn vibes i've been getting these past few months and more.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713689

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:06 pm i can't say i've been a huge fan of the slash-and-burn vibes i've been getting these past few months and more.
im a fan of cutting people who do targeted bullying and harassment but im retired and have a bigger trust of the current admin team for it
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #713690

kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:07 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:06 pm i can't say i've been a huge fan of the slash-and-burn vibes i've been getting these past few months and more.
im a fan of cutting people who do targeted bullying and harassment but im retired and have a bigger trust of the current admin team for it
idk i kind of lost a lot of trust ever since the cat metacomm bans. those just seemed a little out of proportion. i have a hard time taking "targeted bullying and harassment" at its word; i'd rather make my own opinion on it and see for myself. but alas i have yet to be able to make that opinion
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713693

NoxVS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:34 pm They could always send the evidence to their pals to share or something.
Well, for this kind of thing there might not be evidence of their innocence. Allow me to give an example: Bob is accusing Mary of sending a discord message saying "I hate cats." Mary says that she never sent a message like that. How exactly can Mary prove that she never sent that message? As far as I can tell, the only way would be to somehow give pull full access to her discord history, so people can comb through it and confirm that the message isn't there. Obviously that isn't feasible. Bob, meanwhile, can easily provide evidence just by showing the one message that says "I hate cats."
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713695

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:21 pm
NoxVS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:34 pm They could always send the evidence to their pals to share or something.
Well, for this kind of thing there might not be evidence of their innocence. Allow me to give an example: Bob is accusing Mary of sending a discord message saying "I hate cats." Mary says that she never sent a message like that. How exactly can Mary prove that she never sent that message? As far as I can tell, the only way would be to somehow give pull full access to her discord history, so people can comb through it and confirm that the message isn't there. Obviously that isn't feasible. Bob, meanwhile, can easily provide evidence just by showing the one message that says "I hate cats."
this is a retarded analogy please come back with a better one
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713697

kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:23 pm this is a retarded analogy please come back with a better one
Alright then, fuck analogies. What if Sinful says "I never sent a message saying I wanted to cause admin burnout." How, exactly, could he prove it to you? What actions taken would be sufficient? If you can't think of any actions, or the actions are infeasible like "sending his entire discord history," then it means that Sinful can't prove his own innocence.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #713699

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:30 pm
kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:23 pm this is a retarded analogy please come back with a better one
Alright then, fuck analogies. What if Sinful says "I never sent a message saying I wanted to cause admin burnout." How, exactly, could he prove it to you? What actions taken would be sufficient? If you can't think of any actions, or the actions are infeasible like "sending his entire discord history," then it means that Sinful can't prove his own innocence.
this isn't a fuckin court; its an extremely open-ended roleplaying game. if someone sucks we have every right to boot them out and tell them to fuck off forever. that they lasted as long as they did is a mercy they did nothing to earn.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713700

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:30 pm
its not about proving your own innocence its about proving their guilt
have you ever heard the saying innocent until proven guilty

i take the word of the admins and mso as proof enough for me
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #713702

If this actually happened as described, it was probably deserved.
I'm very surprised it came to this point, but hey.
oranges wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 pm actually we wont, because they're blacklisted, which means they cannot appeal.
They can try. Jackrip was also blacklisted, right? I remember him making multiple attempts at appeals.

Anyway, at what point do we start admitting that non-tg discords explicitly for talking about tg with people from tg are inherently metacords worth dissolving?
There shouldn't be a manuel discord, a sybil discord, etc. tg discord exists. Some kind people patiently explained to me the backstory for the manuel one; I still think it shouldn't exist.

p.s. @kendrick pls do stop before we lose yet another friend to "drama stirring". You are genuinely one of the most entertaining people here.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713703

kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:34 pm its not about proving your own innocence its about proving their guilt
have you ever heard the saying innocent until proven guilty
I'm aware of that. I originally responded to NoxVS, who suggested that Sinful try to prove his own innocence. I was pointing out that this isn't really possible to do. If you're upset about people suggesting that Sinful should prove his own innocence, then go yell at NoxVS!
kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:34 pm i take the word of the admins and mso as proof enough for me
A headmin said that "more information is coming," so I'll withhold judgement until then.
Atlanta-Ned wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:32 pm this isn't a fuckin court; its an extremely open-ended roleplaying game. if someone sucks we have every right to boot them out and tell them to fuck off forever. that they lasted as long as they did is a mercy they did nothing to earn.
This isn't really about Sinfulbliss and Pepper sucking in general. This is about a very specific accusation; that Sinful and Pepper conspired over discord to make admins burn out.
Last edited by GPeckman on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #713704

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 pm Anyway, at what point do we start admitting that non-tg discords explicitly for talking about tg with people from tg are inherently metacords worth dissolving?
There shouldn't be a manuel discord, a sybil discord, etc. tg discord exists. Some kind people patiently explained to me the backstory for the manuel one; I still think it shouldn't exist.
As much as people sometimes use them to rile each other up over their own bitter feelings and burnout until it spills over into getting themselves banned... it's completely normal to want to hang out with people you have met and become your friends and stay in contact with them outside the medium of a weird roleplaying game.
There is nothing that any admin team can or should do about this, apart from clean up the messes when they go rotten.

Otherwise, venting about video games to your pals is totally normal, even healthy in most cases. Just uh, not all cases.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713705

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 pmAnyway, at what point do we start admitting that non-tg discords explicitly for talking about tg with people from tg are inherently metacords worth dissolving?
Trying to police the creation of discords that are not official and talk about /tg/station13 will have the same effectiveness on actually stopping metacords as the american prohibition era had on alcohol
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #713706

yup pretty sad

MSO is known for making quick decision banning so i don't even blame him

after getting some details from sinful i can say that (if these details are true) that the current headmin team is absolutely fucking bonkers.
like spending hours of their time digging up enough information to ban people because they are literal fucking drama vampires bonkers. (this includes the recent admin deadminning and sun catton permaing)

literally none of this is as bad as vekter or any purple name says it is.
after getting those same details, I can say that a blacklist is way too harsh (again, if they are true), a permaban would fit better but it is what it is
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #713707

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:59 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 pmAnyway, at what point do we start admitting that non-tg discords explicitly for talking about tg with people from tg are inherently metacords worth dissolving?
Trying to police the creation of discords that are not official and talk about /tg/station13 will have the same effectiveness on actually stopping metacords as the american prohibition era had on alcohol
https://factrepublic.com/facts/35808/ wrote:Prohibition agent Izzy Einstein bragged that he could find liquor in any city in under 30 minutes. In Chicago it took him 21 minutes. In Atlanta 17 minutes, and Pittsburg just 11 minutes. But New Orleans set the record of 35 seconds. Einstein asked his taxi driver where to get a drink, and the driver handed him one.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713709

The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.