oprussed player struck down by evil admin team for throwing 1 (one) harmless peanut in a time of grief, a thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: oprussed player struck down by evil admin team for throwing 1 (one) harmless peanut in a time of grief, a thread

Post by Jacquerel » #714379

this guy got tired of people screenshotting his permaban in peanut threads
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: oprussed player struck down by evil admin team for throwing 1 (one) harmless peanut in a time of grief, a thread

Post by dendydoom » #714383

seems like they're attacking every angle except the central point of why the ban was placed: you shouldn't use the game as a platform to tell other people to kill themselves.

there's one small apology in there and really that's the most important part of the whole thing. context around what constitutes IC, OOC, etc is really just trimmings. a player was banned for doing something. a bunch of other players then did the same thing to defy the decision. then they got banned too. shocking!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
LiarGG
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LiarGG

Post by LiarGG » #714385

Here I thought it wouldn't be too hard to make an appology appeal. :honkman:

I suppose being real and showing some vulnerability in admitting you fucked up is too much for some.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #714386

Yeah some stuff might be right to debate but the whole "cc kill yourself" section smells of BS and a much more honest "i said something dumb, i meant to say something dumb, i'm sorry" would work better

>Prussen/(Plazz Fire) "i hope you will ee arr pee in heaven" (combined 3 lines)
nrp
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #714389

Seems like at least he was one of the people that never told the admins by name to off themselves and instead just said centcom or "cc" so it was alot more ic friendly outside of the erp in heaven.

Also i understand it drives the point home that they said it multiple times but aside from that, what's exactly the point of clarifying that they also said it in deadchat when deadchat is not entirely locked to ic friendly words only.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #714391

For sure I think a perma could get lowered, I just imagine one isn't tempted when he won't own up to any of the very valid things. Realistically a perma is a lot for the actual infractions
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #714392

Armhulen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:53 pm For sure I think a perma could get lowered, I just imagine one isn't tempted when he won't own up to any of the very valid things. Realistically a perma is a lot for the actual infractions
I'm really interested in what these "very valid things" are, because only one part of the ban/note actually matters and he sort of addresses it.

Having a funeral for someone who got banned's character doesn't make it OOC in IC, especially when put into the context of responding to someone else doing something in character.
The 'ERP in heaven' thing is minor OOC in IC, in my opinion, and probably wouldn't have amounted to anything if any of this other stuff hadn't happened.

He seems to understand what he did wrong, at the very least, even if that was only a half-apology of "I'm sorry if you feel that way! ;) "
I believe this is the main reason the ban was placed, and I probably shouldn't have said what I did because it could easily be taken as targeted harassment. After some reflection now that the heat of the moment has long passed, that statement was definitely inappropriate.
I'd prefer he give an actual apology instead of some half-assed BS, myself, but he does admit it was wrong in the end.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #714394

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:39 pm Seems like at least he was one of the people that never told the admins by name to off themselves and instead just said centcom or "cc" so it was alot more ic friendly outside of the erp in heaven.

Also i understand it drives the point home that they said it multiple times but aside from that, what's exactly the point of clarifying that they also said it in deadchat when deadchat is not entirely locked to ic friendly words only.
The argument is that saying "KYS" to CentCom is fine because CentCom is an IC entity and you are simply roleplaying. You aren't telling it to the admins, you are telling it to an organization that exists in universe, and the only reason saying "KYS" would be a problem if it were directed at an actual player rather than a character.

Deadchat is relevant because it's purely OOC. You aren't playing a character anymore, and you can't hide behind "Oh I meant KYS in character, I am referring to the in character group that just so happens to map 1:1 to admins, I am just roleplaying."
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #714404

General reminder to keep yourself safe.

Nerds.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #714405

I dont think death of your character inhibits your ability to talk and act based on that character's thought processes, you are controlling their ghost and you keep their name after all.

deadchat may not be held to ic standard but that doesnt magically mean people cant perceive themselves as still ic if they want to and any sanctions against that are fit for an NRP server.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #714406

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:36 pm I dont think death of your character inhibits your ability to talk and act based on that character's thought processes, you are controlling their ghost and you keep their name after all.

deadchat may not be held to ic standard but that doesnt magically mean people cant perceive themselves as still ic if they want to and any sanctions against that are fit for an NRP server.
Dchat is ooc. You are not playing a character anymore and will be held to higher standards.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #714407

It sounds like he apologized and also that it wasn't intended to target anyone specific, which are the only important points. That whole incident was cringe but it seems like it won't happen again so I say unban.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #714409

>"and told the staff members involved to kill themselves - continuing to do so even in deadchat."
>"This is simply not true"
>[2023-11-05 15:36:01.510] GAME-SAY: Prussen/(Plazz Fire) (DEAD) "cc kill youself" (Chapel (180,56,2))

:hmm:
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #714410

The point of a permaban should be to remove someone from the community because they have shown themselves unable to exist on our servers without disrupting it overly much, whether thats because theyre malicious or simply unable to follow our rules out of poor impulse control or something
The point of an appeal should be to determine whether or not they're now capable of existing in our community in good faith and good form
I dislike this recent wave of people advocating for lip service appeals, I especially despise people shitting on others for not simply making a stock "I did x, x is bad, i wont do x again" appeal
because simply copy pasting those responses only tells everyone that you can play the social game of typing the right words into the box as prescribed by the forum ghouls, not that you can play this game without making it miserable for others.
I understand if you dont take this persons appeal at face value;I can understanding viewing whole i was just doing it ic thing as being a flimsy excuse, but... is it really impossible that hes being genuine?
Does him pointing out that two parts of the note factually do not apply to him and that another may be incorrect as per his understanding of a headmin ruling, really make this section-
I believe this is the main reason the ban was placed, and I probably shouldn't have said what I did because it could easily be taken as targeted harassment. After some reflection now that the heat of the moment has long passed, that statement was definitely inappropriate.
-suddenly not enough to show that he's realized that saying kys cc- what everyone seems to agree is the meat of the ban reason- is not behavior thats welcome here
especially when we've certainly unbanned people whove given much more half assed apologies for much worse and consistent behavior?
maybe im going insane over here, but it feels like people are caring too much about locking in the right stock responses rather than someones earnest attempts to show that theyve reconsidered their actions, identified the issue, and can now fit onto our servers again
Idk
I cant really blame anyone for not believing this or any appeal, this community gives you more than enough reasons for distrust peoples intentions, I guess im just disgruntled over how that cautions taken shape recently
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #714413

conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:45 pm >"and told the staff members involved to kill themselves - continuing to do so even in deadchat."
>[2023-11-05 15:36:01.510] GAME-SAY: Prussen/(Plazz Fire) (DEAD) "cc kill youself" (Chapel (180,56,2))

hes clearly saying he only said it once, after death, so the continuing to do so even in deadchat bit is inaccurate
I dont see why you would crop out allat and make this post other than to get people who arent gonna actually read the appeal to shit on him for something thats out of context, unless you simply misread
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #714414

If his behavior in Discord is any indication of how he intends to behave in-game, I don't think he needs to be unbanned any time soon.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #714415

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:46 pm The point of a permaban should be to remove someone from the community because they have shown themselves unable to exist on our servers without disrupting it overly much, whether thats because theyre malicious or simply unable to follow our rules out of poor impulse control or something
The point of an appeal should be to determine whether or not they're now capable of existing in our community in good faith and good form
I dislike this recent wave of people advocating for lip service appeals, I especially despise people shitting on others for not simply making a stock "I did x, x is bad, i wont do x again" appeal
because simply copy pasting those responses only tells everyone that you can play the social game of typing the right words into the box as prescribed by the forum ghouls, not that you can play this game without making it miserable for others.
I understand if you dont take this persons appeal at face value;I can understanding viewing whole i was just doing it ic thing as being a flimsy excuse, but... is it really impossible that hes being genuine?
Does him pointing out that two parts of the note factually do not apply to him and that another may be incorrect as per his understanding of a headmin ruling, really make this section-
-suddenly not enough to show that he's realized that saying kys cc- what everyone seems to agree is the meat of the ban reason- is not behavior thats welcome here
especially when we've certainly unbanned people whove given much more half assed apologies for much worse and consistent behavior?
maybe im going insane over here, but it feels like people are caring too much about locking in the right stock responses rather than someones earnest attempts to show that theyve reconsidered their actions, identified the issue, and can now fit onto our servers again
Idk
I cant really blame anyone for not believing this or any appeal, this community gives you more than enough reasons for distrust peoples intentions, I guess im just disgruntled over how that cautions taken shape recently
It's less lip service and more cop out answers. Yes he deserves a waaaaaaaay way way shorter ban less unless this permaban is for a larger amount of issues culminating to this point. I expect him to call out the parts that don't make sense, but "cc kill yourself" being argued as "I WAS TALKING TO CENTRAL COMMAND NOT THE ADMINS" is just pure unadulterated bullshit. So again, it's not that I expect brown nosing, I just expect some responsibility and no bullshitting.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #714416

You can just permaban them again if they start being abusive is my perspective but if you think additional evidence indicates they will continue trying to be a bully then that's your call.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #714417

people are getting caught up on him not JUST saying sorry for saying the dumb thing, but a large portion of the ban reasoning mentions other things. he’s trying to defend himself from everything else in that ban. cut the lad some slack.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
conrad

Post by conrad » #714418

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:49 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:45 pm >"and told the staff members involved to kill themselves - continuing to do so even in deadchat."

hes clearly saying he only said it once, after death, so the continuing to do so even in deadchat bit is inaccurate
I dont see why you would crop out allat and make this post other than to get people who arent gonna actually read the appeal to shit on him for something thats out of context, unless you simply misread
Because the other parts of the disingenuousness of his appeal were already picked clean. And because you don't go "this is simply not true" on something that is true. It was poorly written, to say the least. This is peanut thread.

3/4ths of his appeal is rules lawyering, 1/4th is "I realized I messed up". His only admission of guilt is conditional. His behaviour outside of that appeal since his permaban does not reflect what he said on said permaban.

I don't think he truly believes he did anything wrong.

Compare and contrast to Kieth's permaban, the way it was writen, and Kieth's behaviour during the whole thing.

In conclusion, :hmm:
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714419

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:46 pm I dislike this recent wave of people advocating for lip service appeals, I especially despise people shitting on others for not simply making a stock "I did x, x is bad, i wont do x again" appeal
This take is buckwild; nobody is expecting a verbal dick-sucking in an appeal, literally all you need to do is understand that you did something wrong, tell us you take responsibility, and say you won't do it again.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35400

This is a great example of an appeal where a player takes responsibility for their actions and demonstrates that they understand what they did was wrong. I was hesitant to unban Localbox because they've had issues on Yog recently, but they came across as understanding the issue and I don't think they'll repeat it. Even if they do, oh well, back to banned you go.

There's this weird mentality among the "admins bad" crew that every appeal has to be some kind of lip service to actually get overturned. If you fucked up and you know you fucked up, just say you fucked up. That's not lip service, that's owning your mistakes and pledging not to repeat them. If you didn't fuck up, make a calm, rational case as to why you didn't break the rules. The admin who banned you will probably disagree but if the ban isn't valid, the headmins will overturn it.

There's no admins at /tg/ that I think genuinely just want to be fellated in ban appeals. Just be genuine and not an asshole.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:57 pm You can just permaban them again if they start being abusive is my perspective but if you think additional evidence indicates they will continue trying to be a bully then that's your call.
This is a fair point (the risk is quite low in general on second chances) but they've been warned multiple times over the last week for being a turd in tgstation-general, so I think they're just going to continue their bullshit if we unban them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #714420

Armhulen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:32 pm >Prussen/(Plazz Fire) "i hope you will ee arr pee in heaven" (combined 3 lines)
nrp
im sorry but reading “i hope you will ee arr pee in heaven” made me laugh. it was a funeral after all. the fact he phonetically sounded it out makes it really really funny. if he said it anywhere else he should be dumpstered but IDK this is just funny to me
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #714421

Hey his crime isn't being unfunny I'll say that much
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714422

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:02 pm
Armhulen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:32 pm >Prussen/(Plazz Fire) "i hope you will ee arr pee in heaven" (combined 3 lines)
nrp
im sorry but reading “i hope you will ee arr pee in heaven” made me laugh. it was a funeral after all. the fact he phonetically sounded it out makes it really really funny. if he said it anywhere else he should be dumpstered but IDK this is just funny to me
He has to sound it out like that or it trips a thing that tells us you said a no-no word.
Spoiler:

conrad

Post by conrad » #714423

Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:01 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:57 pm You can just permaban them again if they start being abusive is my perspective but if you think additional evidence indicates they will continue trying to be a bully then that's your call.
This is a fair point (the risk is quite low in general on second chances) but they've been warned multiple times over the last week for being a turd in tgstation-general, so I think they're just going to continue their bullshit if we unban them.
I didn't see dirk's message and I wanted to reply to it but you beat me to it.

This is Prussen's first permaban, yea. tg is the land of second chances but all those second chances came with the addendum that the person actually displayed understanding of why they got banned. In this appeal the dude is just writting with a puffed up chest saying "This is why what I did wasn't wrong".

If he hadn't been shitty af on the discord after his permaban I would consider lifting the ban more akin to a lifeline than kicking down the ban can.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #714425

i wouldn't call it lip service. they did not maxcap the shuttle or validhunt too much. this whole situation started because someone had a baby tantrum and said something fucked up to an admin. users shouldn't be treating each other that way and if we're to ever have a hope of maintaining a community where any sane person would want to spend their free time we should probably not do that. to convince me personally it really is no more complicated than just apologizing and saying you don't plan on doing it again.
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714426

conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:07 pm If he hadn't been shitty af on the discord after his permaban I would consider lifting the ban more akin to a lifeline than kicking down the ban can.
I think this is something a lot of players don't understand - if we unban someone who we think is just going to do it again, it's basically giving them false hope to continue playing here as well as forcing a future admin to deal with the problem.
Spoiler:

cSeal

Post by cSeal » #714429

conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 pm Because the other parts of the disingenuousness of his appeal were already picked clean. And because you don't go "this is simply not true" on something that is true. It was poorly written, to say the least.
Except it wasnt true. he did not CONTINUE to do this behavior. it was not multiple instances, dragged into deadchat. It wasnt poorly written, you literally just cropped out the parts where he clarified what he meant by "this isnt true." he got caught in a half copy pasted ban, he should be able to point out that it does not accurately represent what happened without people fucking picking him apart for not letting it lie
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 pm 3/4ths of his appeal is rules lawyering, 1/4th is "I realized I messed up". His only admission of guilt is conditional.
He isnt rules lawyering, he is literally pointing out that sections of the ban are either factually wrong or are not against the rules as he understands it. if you take that as a mark against his appeal, youre looking at the appealing process entirely incorrectly. It doesnt matter if the ban is otherwise justified, if a portion is incorrect, it needs to be changed.
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 pm I don't think he truly believes he did anything wrong.
Compare and contrast to Kieth's permaban, the way it was writen, and Kieth's behaviour during the whole thing.
You mean Kieths appeal, where he also says he never intended it oocly, that he was sorry it was taken as being directed towards the admin in question, that he didnt see the rest of the vitriol and that he wouldnt have engaged if he had noticed the much more blatantly ooc and shitter statements, and that in hindsight it wasnt cool? In nearly the exact same tone? Get fucking real
Almost dot for dot the exact same points
Armhulen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:55 pm I expect him to call out the parts that don't make sense, but "cc kill yourself" being argued as "I WAS TALKING TO CENTRAL COMMAND NOT THE ADMINS" is just pure unadulterated bullshit. So again, it's not that I expect brown nosing, I just expect some responsibility and no bullshitting.
As i said, I dont blame anyone for thinking its bullshit, but i dont think its as impossible that it isnt bullshit as everyones saying. Why would he lie in the way everyone and their mother has been shouting sounds insincere since the entire event took place? If it was about looking good he'd go "oi gov surry my bad i was off me meds and me dog bit me and me mum died" or something
I believed kieth when he gave this same explanation, clearly others believed him too, i think by the same token we should be willing to believe someone else when they also say "I got wrapped up in a stupid thing I thought was ic and i went too far"
Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:01 pm There's this weird mentality among the "admins bad" crew that every appeal has to be some kind of lip service to actually get overturned.
To be clear, this is who my "recent wave of people" mostly refers to in the first place
Id like to think the admin team isnt expecting a full force fellatin paragraph when they go into an appeal
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714431

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:31 pm As i said, I dont blame anyone for thinking its bullshit, but i dont think its as impossible that it isnt bullshit as everyones saying. Why would he lie in the way everyone and their mother has been shouting sounds insincere since the entire event took place? If it was about looking good he'd go "oi gov surry my bad i was off me meds and me dog bit me and me mum died" or something
I believed kieth when he gave this same explanation, clearly others believed him too, i think by the same token we should be willing to believe someone else when they also say "I got wrapped up in a stupid thing I thought was ic and i went too far"
I think it's mostly because they're making the appeal about a lot more than just the inciting event and because they're not really showing as sincere since they keep doing stupid shit in Discord.
Spoiler:

cSeal

Post by cSeal » #714434

Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:45 pm I think it's mostly because they're making the appeal about a lot more than just the inciting event and because they're not really showing as sincere since they keep doing stupid shit in Discord.
As I said, taking into account all aspects of a note for an appeal isnt abnormal and shouldnt be considered as a strike against the player. If its not important to the ban, dont include it in the note. if it is important, it should be something addressed in the appeal, because it was a factor in determining the punishment. and if its incorrect, that should be pointed out, because a detail deemed important enough to note in the note is wrong and could potentially sway the decision.
Wrt their behavior in the discord; on that i can only talk about what i see, which is basically mostly them sending random gifs or images (baste and bread filled) or talking to their friends
I feel like youd have to do some pretty stupid and assholeish shit for your discord behavior to factor into a ban like this, especially considering our tolerance for being a prick on the forums or discord seems to be rather high lately
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714438

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:57 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:45 pm I think it's mostly because they're making the appeal about a lot more than just the inciting event and because they're not really showing as sincere since they keep doing stupid shit in Discord.
As I said, taking into account all aspects of a note for an appeal isnt abnormal and shouldnt be considered as a strike against the player. If its not important to the ban, dont include it in the note. if it is important, it should be something addressed in the appeal, because it was a factor in determining the punishment. and if its incorrect, that should be pointed out, because a detail deemed important enough to note in the note is wrong and could potentially sway the decision.
Wrt their behavior in the discord; on that i can only talk about what i see, which is basically mostly them sending random gifs or images (baste and bread filled) or talking to their friends
I feel like youd have to do some pretty stupid and assholeish shit for your discord behavior to factor into a ban like this, especially considering our tolerance for being a prick on the forums or discord seems to be rather high lately
Including, but not limited to, harassing other members (including an administrator) for enjoying a game they found objectionable. I'm not going to pull up every instance of it but you can just search their name.
Spoiler:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #714440

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:57 pm As I said, taking into account all aspects of a note for an appeal isnt abnormal and shouldnt be considered as a strike against the player.
no admin with half a brain is going to deny an appeal on those grounds alone as an equitable outcome to the official process. but in the beloved peanut we can call them out on it when the inciting incident that got them here in the first place was doing something really dumb.
NSFW:
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #714442

dendydoom wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:11 pm but in the beloved peanut we can call them out on it when the inciting incident that got them here in the first place was doing something really dumb.
There is NOTHING to call them out for when it comes to appealing shit that isnt correct, it doesnt matter if the meat of the incident is something more substantial, we tell people from the minute they join to appeal shit that isnt correct, and to address the factual events around what got them banned. Characterizing it as some kind of deflect or smoke screen or something to act as a gotcha is either a needlessly pessimistic view of their character, inflammatory, nitpicky, or some combination of the three, and it shouldn't be done administratively or as a community, because theres no fuckin point to it other than to make someone feel bad for doing what we tell them theyre meant to do when they appeal.

Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:03 pm Including, but not limited to, harassing other members (including an administrator) for enjoying a game they found objectionable. I'm not going to pull up every instance of it but you can just search their name.
looking, its all complaining about the spam (valid, considering the people doing it have literally admitted they partly do it to annoy people who find it uncomfortable) and one-
okay yeah admittedly this looks a little bad, I could see this factoring in
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #714443

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 pm Characterizing it as some kind of deflect or smoke screen or something to act as a gotcha
i don't think it's any of those things, i just think it's funny to realize what the actual situation is that we're arguing the semantics of. that we can summon a tribunal over a pretty clearly dickish thing to use the game to accomplish and that ultimately all it really needs is a "yeah i realize in hindsight that was pretty shitty and i'm not going to do it again can i play the video game again with my friends please"

everything beyond that is only important insofar as semantics is important to the process of notes. yes, having the facts right of a note is very important in its own right. but the overall comedy of errors that brought us to this conclusion is still kind of goofy. this is all i'm saying.
NSFW:
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #714446

He's annoying, so good thing he sucks at making appeals.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #714448

even if someones a huge bastard their notes/ban reasons should at the very least be 1] completely accurate and 2] clear and relevant. thats like, the basics were talking here.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #714449

dendydoom wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:45 pm but the overall comedy of errors that brought us to this conclusion is still kind of goofy. this is all i'm saying.
Thats true
I guess i kinda just nonsensically conflated what u were saying with what conrad was saying, thats my b
► Show Spoiler
conrad

Post by conrad » #714450

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 pm because theres no fuckin point to it other than to make someone feel bad for doing what we tell them theyre meant to do when they appeal.
This is a peanut thread. It's where we throw peanuts at the appeal from the gallery.

The peanut doesn't matter, or at least shouldn't matter.

My peanut is that the intent of the appeal doesn't address the reason for the ban. The core of the permaban is the kys directed at Justice, which he addressed with a ten foot pole. It's not sucking admin dick to feel remorseful over telling someone to kill themselves.

I agree that the "recent bad play" is fluff on the ban's part, maybe it gets shown as part of notes but it looks stinky as of now.

You should chill dude. Your own speech is being inflamatory and your own high horse is made of wood.
Last edited by conrad on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #714451

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:00 pm
dendydoom wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:45 pm but the overall comedy of errors that brought us to this conclusion is still kind of goofy. this is all i'm saying.
Thats true
I guess i kinda just nonsensically conflated what u were saying with what conrad was saying, thats my b
i got u <3 we can point and laugh at how silly the situation they got themselves into is and also hope that their appeal is taken seriously and their notes are verified as accurate :cat:
NSFW:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #714462

cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:03 pm Including, but not limited to, harassing other members (including an administrator) for enjoying a game they found objectionable. I'm not going to pull up every instance of it but you can just search their name.
looking, its all complaining about the spam (valid, considering the people doing it have literally admitted they partly do it to annoy people who find it uncomfortable) and one-
What the fuck even drives people to say this?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #714464

bros... prussen.... sniff... told me this game had incense or something... and it wasnt... sniff...

seriously for what people say about this game i was not expecting the summary to mention cannibalism
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #714473

he deserves to be banned for Fail RP
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #714475

Now that we're on the second appeal that I think has a chance of getting upheld and Kieth obviously learned a total of dogshit with his ban, I'm gonna give my peanut on these permabans:

I don't give a shit if you tell me to kill myself. I couldn't care less. I'm not gonna cry about it at night. Three words from a random stranger won't affect me.

Roleplaying that Talon was killed by CentCom as well as hosting a funeral for them is fine and funny because it makes sense from the moment you're drawing a parallel between OOC and IC in a rule-abiding way. Taking aside borb's genius idea to project his self-hatred upon me (i hope the dude's okay; has anyone checked on him yet?) and imagining that no one dropped my ckey there, these players would've simply said "kill yourself cc", which may look all innocent and whatever, but it's such a stupid fucking idea given that you already drew a fucking parallel OOC/IC (perma=kill, admins=cc).

I don't care about the technicalities of OOC and IC and dsay and all that bullshit; if any of the Headmins or myself (the related admins) had taken that shit personally and were in a worse moment of their lives (which many of you have never been in or witnessed bc holy shit), there could've been very sad consequences, to say the very least. Even if no one killed them-fucking-selves irl, Idk whose genius idea it was to think any of the related admins would feel good about those lovely sentences.
Spoiler:
You walk into Player's Club...
Justice: "Please be nice to admins"
"No. Kill yourself cc"
*clapping with Gloves of North Star :igloves:
And back to the peanut
This is why I don't like the idea of being able to say "kill yourself" ICly either. The line between character and player can sometimes be hard to distinguish and there is always a human behind the funny pfp you're interacting with, the mental state of which you got no idea. The wrong douchebag can say the wrong thing in the wrong way at the wrong time and we don't want that shit to happen. (I'll obviously still apply the ruling around saying kys as the rest of the admin team regardless of my personal views)

TL;DR: Don't tell people to kill themselves. You don't want them to actually kill themselves, trust me
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #714477

uh oh
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #714478

I also forgot to mention: To anyone with their asses scalding hot from rubbing it against their seats all day long thinking about me snitching to the Headmins, I didn't bribe the Headmins to ban anyone. I didn't even know anyone besides Borb was going bananas until I saw the permabans lol
Spoiler:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #714479

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:11 am
cSeal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 pm
What the fuck even drives people to say this?
this, probably
NSFW:
Discord_xxqxQbB5Ez.png
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #714480

GOD i hate that game so much

you know what unban prussen for hating that game too he's a real one i've changed my mind on everything
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #714481

prussen has been coping in discord ever since the ban, but on the plus side i've been able to time them out a couple of times which is always nice.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #714482

oranges wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:42 am i've been able to time them out a couple of times
Let us look at the evidence, your Honor...
► Show Spoiler
:shock:
Spoiler: