[<brotherbeyond>] BaneBane - Ban Evasion

Appeals which have been closed.
BaneBane
Byond Username: BaneBane

[<brotherbeyond>] BaneBane - Ban Evasion

Post by BaneBane » #714544

Ban Details
BYOND account: Banebane
Character name: I forgot due to how long it's been.
Ban type: Server Bane
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Ban evasion on round 164223. Main account gjfaber007.
Time ban was placed: 18:47:42
Server you were playing on when banned: Can't remember, too long ago.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 164223

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: I believe that I've changed as demonstrated by the fact that I haven't been banned for any rule breakings that were done in a server I have recently played in to my memory, over the years I have restrained myself and adjusted the way I play so that I can avoid being banned at all costs. I play on numerous other servers and haven't been banned for anything in quite a while. I would appreciate it very much if I could be given a second chance and a chance to prove to you all that I've changed, thank you.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: No
If no, please provide more details: I do not disagree with the Admins interpretation, shouldn't have done what I did.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: No
If no, please provide more details: I do not believe it was unjustifiably harsh, banning someone permanently for ban evading is completely reasonable and understandable.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<brotherbeyond>] BaneBane - Ban Evasion

Post by Vekter » #714547

Hey, thanks for appealing.

The original ban was by KorPhaeron and reads as such:
Permanently banned - Evading jobbans on Dffaber007 to continue griefing as security, appeal the bans properly instead of evading if you want to play.
In order for BrotherBeyond to remove your ban for evading, we need to resolve that ban first. Since Kor has retired, I'll take over for that process.

You have a pretty colorful history across multiple SS13 servers according to what public bans I can find, but those haven't been within the last year. I'm somewhat hesitant to give you a second chance - your appeal sounds sincere and any issues you had were long ago enough that we can probably chalk them up to immaturity, but why would you try and evade this ban before just coming to appeal it? This makes it sound like you were perfectly fine with breaking the rules, only caring about appealing because you got caught.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BaneBane

Post by BaneBane » #714574

How long ago was that ban? I mean if I didn't care I would have just kept ban evading honestly, not arguing with you I'm just saying that if I didn't care I'd keep ban evading but I do care which is why I don't ban evade anymore and I just want to enjoy the game as a whole so I figured the best way to do that was to play by the rules and get all my bans appealed.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714598

BaneBane wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 pm How long ago was that ban? I mean if I didn't care I would have just kept ban evading honestly, not arguing with you I'm just saying that if I didn't care I'd keep ban evading but I do care which is why I don't ban evade anymore and I just want to enjoy the game as a whole so I figured the best way to do that was to play by the rules and get all my bans appealed.
I mean, you're not wrong. I'm not a fan of people trying to evade, getting caught, and only then trying to do the right thing and appeal their bans. It feels disingenuous to me.

At the end of the day though, that evasion ban isn't any of my business - I'm only looking at your original ban, which was from 2017. I'm cool with giving you another shot after that long. I'll agree to lift that ban if BrotherBeyond agrees to lift the one for evading. It's 100% their discretion as to whether or not it's lifted.

I'll let them know my decision on this and have them weigh in on the rest.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

BaneBane

Post by BaneBane » #714599

Thank you, I appreciate this very very much and I'm very grateful as well. Feel free to let me know on how it all goes!
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #715157

Hey, so brotherbeyond appears to be busy with some IRL stuff at the moment. I'm invoking the following line from Admin FNR Guidelines with headmin approval:
2. If the banning admin has not responded to an appeal within two days any other Game Admin may ping the administrator in regards to the appeal. If the banning admin does not respond within 24 hours, or just hands it off the admin may take over the appeal. Discord bans may only be taken over by other discord moderators.
I still have some misgivings about you evading a ban then appealing after being caught, but given that the original ban is now invalid, I don't see a reason to keep the evasion ban. Do you want to keep your old account (gjfaber007) or your new one (BaneBane)?
Spoiler:

BaneBane

Post by BaneBane » #715336

Thank you so so much, I appreciate this a lot. I would like to keep BaneBane please.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #715337

BaneBane wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:26 pm Thank you so so much, I appreciate this a lot. I would like to keep BaneBane please.
Okay, you should be good now. I'm going to leave this open for 24 hours in case you have issues connecting.
Spoiler:

BaneBane

Post by BaneBane » #715342

Alrighty, haven't had any issues connecting so it's all good. Have a good day man.