ISRATOSH

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

ISRATOSH

Post by Timonk » #716054

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: ISRATOSH

Post by Justice12354 » #716055

I blame qbmax too (jk)

Imo, I think it'd be better if we gave temp-notes if the gimmick went wrong (that is, an antag primed one of their bombs).

This is a cool gimmick and you should be able to play as a contraband seller regardless of your antag status imo. While the sole action of selling bombs is not rule-breaking; the consequences that may come with it are (which makes it so the action is not punishable, but the consequence, which sounds like a fallacy to begin with). Ik it's a "fuck around, and find out", but, imo, it should first be warned with a temp-note to stop (I don't want people to do it once and never again bc they got a note for it in 2021), and only then banned if the behavior is recurrent.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #716056

this guy waited one hour before saying "no response is crazy"
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #716057

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm This is a cool gimmick and you should be able to play as a contraband seller regardless of your antag status imo. While the sole action of selling bombs is not rule-breaking; the consequences that may come with it are (which makes it so the action is not punishable, but the consequence, which sounds like a fallacy to begin with). Ik it's a "fuck around, and find out", but, imo, it should first be warned with a temp-note to stop (I don't want people to do it once and never again bc they got a note for it in 2021), and only then banned if the behavior is recurrent.
To be fair it does sound like this is the third time they've done it and it has gone wrong, so we can't say there's no history
They have fucked around several times, found out several times, and are continuing to find out after not having learned how to make themselves not find out when fucking around
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #716062

ISRATOSH
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #716063

In their tongue he’s Dovahkiin- Dragonborn!
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #716064

Not that this particular case seems to hold any merit, but this IS the kind of thing where if you ask 5 different admins, you get 5 different answers.
I wouldn't ever try something like this without getting admin approval for it *in that specific round* (which is kinda sad, but what can you do)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #716066

bombs can only do one thing. it seems like a good idea to check first if you're going to release a bunch of bombs into the mix as a non-antagonist.

i get the frustration from a player's pov over having to tug on an admin's skirt and ask mother for permission but we also can't really have players assuming they have a vouch to do something like this whenever they want because someone said it was okay one time. we don't know the circumstances of why the admin said yes. maybe they went through some legwork to give you room to do that gimmick because they thought it would fit into the round: this is not going to be the case every time, sadly.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #716068

I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #716069

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:46 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm This is a cool gimmick and you should be able to play as a contraband seller regardless of your antag status imo. While the sole action of selling bombs is not rule-breaking; the consequences that may come with it are (which makes it so the action is not punishable, but the consequence, which sounds like a fallacy to begin with). Ik it's a "fuck around, and find out", but, imo, it should first be warned with a temp-note to stop (I don't want people to do it once and never again bc they got a note for it in 2021), and only then banned if the behavior is recurrent.
To be fair it does sound like this is the third time they've done it and it has gone wrong, so we can't say there's no history
They have fucked around several times, found out several times, and are continuing to find out after not having learned how to make themselves not find out when fucking around
Oh, yeah, I 100% don't judge Isra's ruling here. I just have a different view on how it should play out. I believe there should be a certain level of freedom to do this kind of gimmick regardless of the round's context. I generally dislike players having to check first with the admin to make sure they can do X, unless X is strictly rule-breaking. In this case, I guess selling explosives is inherently rule-breaking, though I'm not sure if it has a set-in-stone ruling, hence leading to various rulings from admins with different opinions. For instance, I believe it should not be inherently rule-breaking to sell explosives; with a temp-note (up to like 8 months) as a punishment if it goes wrong.

Taking this scenario in a bit of a vacuum, their last note regarding this was nearly a year ago, so I feel like this could've been a note. Taking the rest of their history in consideration, I understand a ban
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #716072

Here's the problem - there is no real reason to sell lethal bombs or grenades to begin with.

Unless you're an antag, or selling bombs in direct response to a existent threat, there's no real purpose to sell them except for...mining, I guess.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #716073

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:30 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:46 pm
Oh, yeah, I 100% don't judge Isra's ruling here. I just have a different view on how it should play out. I believe there should be a certain level of freedom to do this kind of gimmick regardless of the round's context. I generally dislike players having to check first with the admin to make sure they can do X, unless X is strictly rule-breaking. In this case, I guess selling explosives is inherently rule-breaking, though I'm not sure if it has a set-in-stone ruling, hence leading to various rulings from admins with different opinions. For instance, I believe it should not be inherently rule-breaking to sell explosives; with a temp-note (up to like 8 months) as a punishment if it goes wrong.

Taking this scenario in a bit of a vacuum, their last note regarding this was nearly a year ago, so I feel like this could've been a note. Taking the rest of their history in consideration, I understand a ban
The power of the explosive matters.

IEDs, basically always fine.

Maxcaps, round ending threats only.

I consider the cut off point any explosive that can crit a full health player in one shot
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #716074

Archie700 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:59 pm Here's the problem - there is no real reason to sell lethal bombs or grenades to begin with.

Unless you're an antag, or selling bombs in direct response to a existent threat, there's no real purpose to sell them except for...mining, I guess.
I don't think roleplaying as a contraband seller is a bad thing on LRP unless you're doing it just to increase grief (in which case you'll get a note for it and doing it further will get you banana'd). Why can't you try to make some money by selling contraband? If you sell contraband in public, that's more sec interaction potential. I feel like just thinking "Well, why would you do it?" or "Bombs only do one thing" is very reductive. Some gimmicks will be inherently kinda dumb, but that doesn't mean they should be inherently rule-breaking.
chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:10 pm The power of the explosive matters.

IEDs, basically always fine.

Maxcaps, round ending threats only.

I consider the cut off point any explosive that can crit a full health player in one shot
Honestly, I would rather blame it on the person who primes the explosive rather than the person selling AS LONG AS it doesn't look like they're just trying to grief (dragging explosives around or leaving them in the middle of the hallway). If that person's explosive gets primed and it causes damages, a temp-note would be enough to keep them out of the gimmick for some time in order to not allow repetitive grief. But, yeah, I'd give it far more leeway if they were selling IEDs instead of maxcaps.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #716077

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:20 pm -snip-
I don't believe selling bombs should be put in the same category as, say, selling drugs or guns

Both are contraband, but bombs have a high capacity for collateral damage that guns can't do.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #716078

Archie700 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:59 pm Here's the problem - there is no real reason to sell lethal bombs or grenades to begin with.
► Show Spoiler
Strictly speaking you shouldn't even be selling bombs to mining. You're an employee of Nanotrasen. The bombs are company property. You provide them to mining.

You sell the lethal bomb to the antag 'cos it's fun to make them and even more fun to hear a kaboom of your authorship. That's the real reason.

Some people will invariably take the L and get banned so the round is more interesting for themselves and the antag, and sure, it's bad and we have rules to prevent that since that interestingness comes at the cost of other people's fun when they get blown up...but if you ask me I find having the station shake 'cos someone detonated your bomb to be very, very satisfying.

E: grammeere
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #716082

Man works 58 hours a week but is spending his free time on a ban appeal for selling bombs, go play some darktide or something.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716100

Drama Wars episode 7: Fight of the Admins
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #716104

Archie700 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:35 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:20 pm -snip-
I don't believe selling bombs should be put in the same category as, say, selling drugs or guns

Both are contraband, but bombs have a high capacity for collateral damage that guns can't do.
I don't see the issue with there being collateral damage. I obviously don't agree with this gimmick being done every round (I even suggested the temp-notes), but I feel like giving people a bit more freedom to sell stuff they usually shouldn't is good, even if just for the progression of the round and to create some dynamic. The chaos is a core aspect of ss13 and it will inevitably happen. Facilitating the access to explosives for antags as a non-antag is frowned upon, but doing it for the gimmick is funny imo. I don't get why we can't just allow it and temp-note it. Oh wait... NOTES ARE PUNISHMENTS. THE SLIGHTEST INSTANCE OF A NOTE IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND ADMINS ARE EVIL. MY NOTE HISTORY IS NOW RUINED BECAUSE I GOT A NOTE AND ALL ADMINS WILL BAN ME ON SIGHT!!!!!

I feel like this is restraining a cool gimmick because antags might do antag things and non-antag might do self-antag things. Like, wouldn't they either way?

I also want to point out that this is gonna be one of those "Well, if you knew every headmin ruling in existence, you wouldn't have done that. AH! Checkmate!" kind of policy. But, oh well, that's beyond the point
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #716129

Justice12354 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:48 am . NOTES ARE PUNISHMENTS. THE SLIGHTEST INSTANCE OF A NOTE IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND ADMINS ARE EVIL. MY NOTE HISTORY IS NOW RUINED BECAUSE I GOT A NOTE AND ALL ADMINS WILL BAN ME ON SIGHT!!!!!
I mean, this guy got banned because of an almost year old note.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #716131

no response is crazy
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #716132

2023-01-08 21:39:24: Ticket Opened by qbmax32: Hi I know I talked to you about this last round but can you please chill on the whole selling TTVs thing. Once in a blue moon is fine or as an antag but it's just asking for trouble when someone takes them to grief/antag with.
What does this even mean. Saying it is fine once in a blue moon and saying it is asking for trouble at the same time is super ambiguous.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #716133

CPTANT wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:41 am
2023-01-08 21:39:24: Ticket Opened by qbmax32: Hi I know I talked to you about this last round but can you please chill on the whole selling TTVs thing. Once in a blue moon is fine or as an antag but it's just asking for trouble when someone takes them to grief/antag with.
What does this even mean. Saying it is fine once in a blue moon and saying it is asking for trouble at the same time is super ambiguous.
It's guaranteed to cause trouble, but you can probably get away with it if you're an antag, or it's rare.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #716134

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:02 am
CPTANT wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:41 am
It's guaranteed to cause trouble, but you can probably get away with it if you're an antag, or it's rare.
I would say that means it isn't "fine".
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #716142

I was under the impression that anything you create you are responsible for the deaths it causes as a non-antag, within reasonable limits. I could've sworn I've seen ban appeals from people that just dropped TTVs on the floor and other people opened them up resulting in deaths, so what makes selling them better than just dropping them on the floor?

In my eyes selling them looks worse because there's a whole lot less to stand on to defend yourself.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #716154

BonChoi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 am I was under the impression that anything you create you are responsible for the deaths it causes as a non-antag, within reasonable limits. I could've sworn I've seen ban appeals from people that just dropped TTVs on the floor and other people opened them up resulting in deaths, so what makes selling them better than just dropping them on the floor?

In my eyes selling them looks worse because there's a whole lot less to stand on to defend yourself.
i would argue there's a difference because there is obviously *some* level of effort put into creating an IC reason for doing this. i'm currently operating under the assumption that this entire scheme was solely their own idea, and that no possible antags could have leveraged them to accomplish it.

there are 2 important aspects i think should be considered:
firstly, why did they open up a bomb selling business? if they've done this gimmick numerous times before, and this is somehow the first time something bad has happened with one of their consumer market nuclear explosives, then i can understand the shock at being banned because in the past it was a good addition to the round. but if it's a gimmick that has only ever historically caused random griefy chaos and pissed people off and they know this, then it stands to reason that they are just taking a very long winded route to be able to bomb shit as a non-antagonist by proxy, yes.

secondly, players should be strongly discouraged from using past vouches in specific situations as a free ride pass on all future gimmicks that involve that mechanic. this is because most admins will check if a gimmick someone wants to do as a non-antagonist is suitable for the current round without ruining what's already going on, but more importantly, if people start leaning on this stuff now, then in the future admins will just stop allowing non-antag destructive gimmicks because it'll come back to bite them in the ass later when after another 50 rounds someone levels the station with a steamroller because they were told it was fine once.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #716155

dendydoom wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:27 pm
BonChoi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 am I was under the impression that anything you create you are responsible for the deaths it causes as a non-antag, within reasonable limits. I could've sworn I've seen ban appeals from people that just dropped TTVs on the floor and other people opened them up resulting in deaths, so what makes selling them better than just dropping them on the floor?

-epic perspective essay snipped-
Thank you, dendy. Very cool.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?