Hydrogen Borg gets zapped to oblivion, bwoink ensues.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Hydrogen Borg gets zapped to oblivion, bwoink ensues.

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #718342

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35599

Why the hell WAS the borg bringing a hydrogen canister to the escape shuttle anyways? Regardless, maybe Maia should've tried flashing them or something, but I don't blame them for the immediate action of taking down what could kill everyone on the shuttle.
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Hydrogen Borg gets zapped to oblivion, bwoink ensues.

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #718345

Bringing a tank of flammable gas to the emergency escape shuttle and plugging it onto an atmos system definitely seems to qualify as the sort of thing that sec can blast people for without typing "Do not kill us all, You, Specifically, Borg 146" and waiting to see if it listens.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #718348

DATAxPUNGED wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:20 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35599

Why the hell WAS the borg bringing a hydrogen canister to the escape shuttle anyways? Regardless, maybe Maia should've tried flashing them or something, but I don't blame them for the immediate action of taking down what could kill everyone on the shuttle.
EORG probably. The classic EORG prep canister/bomb that security usually never does anything about. Borg should have just labeled the can oxygen or something
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #718353

britgrenadier1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:47 pm

EORG probably. The classic EORG prep canister/bomb that security usually never does anything about. Borg should have just labeled the can oxygen or something
The correct way to do this is via a beacon and teleporter. This way you never actually violate your laws, because within the context of the round (that is, before the round-end screen), you never put the canister onto the shuttle.

Alternatively, you RCD together a very quick containment structure and get the canister secured and locked down.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #718354

"I have this item that can kill the entire shuttle, but you're supposed to ignore it because you meta-know it's for EORG" has felt like utterly failrp and never sat well with me.

It feels like Maia got noted for actually RPing and treating the TTV-esque threat as something worth immediate action against, while the borg failrped so he could burn 2d spessmen after the round end and got off fine.

If I was playing sec, and I saw someone drag a shielded canister of hot gas into medbay, that would register as a severe immediate threat to everyone in there. I'd personally feel justified using lethals and not asking questions, and I don't think the shuttle should be treated any differently just because of meta-knowledge of the existence of EORG (which seems to be the subtext here)
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #718370

I seen quite alot of canister fails and hot shuttles. I don't know how you are supposed to RP that threat without knowledge of its existence prior. My question is did the borg ask its ai or anyone else before bringing the hot thing aboard?
yttriums
Byond Username: Yttriums

Post by yttriums » #718372

borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #718374

least banhappy manuelmins
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #718375

I believe prior precedent for this is 'don't bring flammable canisters onto the shuttle'. The impact of that is entirely on the one who dragged it aboard. Especially if its a fucking cyborg on Asimov. This is on the borg, not Maia.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #718376

yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
bwoink
datorangebottle: excuse me, why the fuck did you just break that innocent table? this is improper escalation.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #718386

Definitely feel like bringing almost any atmos canister except O2 or Air onto the shuttle should be grounds for lethal retaliation. Of course, we should encourage and pray for words and roleplay, but in my experience?

I've personally held back on shoving over and cuffing an atmos techie that was dragging a plasma can towards the shuttle, and it lead to almost everyone on that shuttle getting killed. If I hadn't restrained myself in hopes of roleplay or more stable escalation, maybe people wouldn't have died. In the end, it really is NOT something to fuck around with, both on an IC and an OOC level, and I respect and understand the actions taken here.
Walter brought back Crack.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #718393

No borg should be bringing over such a dangerous can onto the shuttle, especially without CE or captain permission. It is something a malf borg would do IC, and is VERY easy for an antag to just walk up to it and open it. OOC yes we know its for EORG but IC its a borg bringing a weapon of mass destruction onto the shuttle. Plus, the sec officer couldn't have used disablers because its a borg. Only other option was to have the office walk up to the borg and flash twice to get the can off. IC the borg looks malf or subverted, so going law 2 is also out of the question.

It feels like the borg was ban baiting.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #718399

kieth4 wrote: We see no issue in people preparing or participating in EROG, however. If you're going to do EORG you should take some effort to conceal or protect your devices. There shouldn't be a circumstance where you're just walking forward and have a max cap dragging behind you onto the shuttle.
Given that Cyborgs are incredibly limited in ways to conceal EORG toys (someone mentioned that you could possibly use bluespace vendors to do your EORG shenanigans but Idk how that works), they are equally limited when it comes to getting protected by this ruling. If you drag a canister of blazing hot Hydrogen to the shuttle, regardless of being borg or not, and someone else opens it, get ready to get your cheeks clapped by this headmin ruling. Protecting your devices is a core part of this ruling. However, nowhere in the ruling says this applies differently to Silicons and I'd like to think it doesn't because that'd be a big poo-poo in our pants. If you manage to sneak in a weapon of mass destruction into the shuttle as an ASIMOV Cyborg and conceal it, I'll clap my hands for you :igloves:

I'd also like to keep in mind that destructive weapons are not inherently harm and that we allow players to prepare for EORG under made-up bullshit reasons such as "I'm bringing this TTV to CentCom for Research!", so fuck it; let the Silicon players do some shenanigans too!
Spoiler:
To make it clear, I don't think the Borgo is in the right here... I'm just interpreting the headmin ruling
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #718404

britgrenadier1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:47 pm

Notes like these feel like a solid disencouragement to do anything about. Suppose that borg was emagged:

"Borg what is that?"
"Uh" massive explosion/plume of fire

I'm very pleased with this outcome. Don't get caught with EORG stuff, and don't activate it before the end of round. All's well that ends well, then.
OH MY GOD
sigged

Just a disclaimer since people seem to be really rowdy nowadays, ahelp if you feel like a rule's been broken regardless of what role you're playing.
Last edited by conrad on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #718405

"say something first" is the secret code to getting away with a lot of stuff on mrp. sometimes you make a call where you don't think it's reasonable to be expected to talk first, but when you do it makes the experience of getting owned a lot more palatable. when people get capped wordlessly they tend to assume the worst about the person doing it.

that being said, prepping for eorg is the worst shit imaginable my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. eorg is ooc.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #718408

Yeah, you guys, I honestly fucked up on this one. Once I figured out that it was EORG I shuttered internally. I'll try not to do this again in the future.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #718411

Wonderful conduct from both player and admin. Entirely respectful discussion leading to a resolution. No need to feel sorry Epicgamer, sometimes you get it wrong and you'll never be in trouble for that.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #718414

how did I miss this in my first scan of this thread holy FUCKING SHIT HAHHAHA
Walter brought back Crack.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #718415

Cheshify wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:03 am Wonderful conduct from both player and admin. Entirely respectful discussion leading to a resolution. No need to feel sorry Epicgamer, sometimes you get it wrong and you'll never be in trouble for that.
Wrong, deheadminning you now.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #718416

Justice12354 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 am
kieth4 wrote: We see no issue in people preparing or participating in EROG, however. If you're going to do EORG you should take some effort to conceal or protect your devices. There shouldn't be a circumstance where you're just walking forward and have a max cap dragging behind you onto the shuttle.
Given that Cyborgs are incredibly limited in ways to conceal EORG toys (someone mentioned that you could possibly use bluespace vendors to do your EORG shenanigans but Idk how that works), they are equally limited when it comes to getting protected by this ruling. If you drag a canister of blazing hot Hydrogen to the shuttle, regardless of being borg or not, and someone else opens it, get ready to get your cheeks clapped by this headmin ruling. Protecting your devices is a core part of this ruling. However, nowhere in the ruling says this applies differently to Silicons and I'd like to think it doesn't because that'd be a big poo-poo in our pants. If you manage to sneak in a weapon of mass destruction into the shuttle as an ASIMOV Cyborg and conceal it, I'll clap my hands for you :igloves:

I'd also like to keep in mind that destructive weapons are not inherently harm and that we allow players to prepare for EORG under made-up bullshit reasons such as "I'm bringing this TTV to CentCom for Research!", so fuck it; let the Silicon players do some shenanigans too!
Spoiler:
To make it clear, I don't think the Borgo is in the right here... I'm just interpreting the headmin ruling
God that headmin was so sexy and awesome and six-pack...
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #718417

Best take in this thread
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #718418

total clanker death
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #718421

Just replying to log my participation on security note / ban appeals peanut threads. Now all we're missing is Prussen.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #718422

Code: Select all

[2024-01-14 23:03:01.291] GAME-SAY: 23:03:01.291] GAME-SAY: DATAxPUNGED/(Azdak-Keztaf) (mob_4317) "The hell's this, fafnir?" (Engineering (99,112,2))
[2024-01-14 23:03:13.716] GAME-SAY: 23:03:13.716] GAME-SAY: Pratty420/(Fafnir) (mob_3416) "Making Hydrogen" (Engineering (101,112,2))
...I wasn't expecting my static to appear in the ban appeal, so it was in THAT round. Just for the record, the escape shuttle that time was that birdshot one with multiple small rooms instead of a big one
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #718444

very good take
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #718445

we shouldn't protect players for this sorta stuff just because they didn't fuck up to the highest degree

you know damn well the borg player would've recieved atleast a week ban if the hydrogen ignited.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #718453

Please never stop posting
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #718455

remove ahelp from silicons
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #718456

post in ones own peanut cringe etc etc
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #718457

PapaMichael wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 am post in ones own peanut cringe etc etc
you are not free of sins either and i will see you in the 4th circle
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #718460

the concept of this fucking sent me, can we get this illustrated by some of tg's talented drawers
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #718461

W admin, good appeal
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #718476

It's early but I nominate this for post of 2024