The Gupta Corner

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

The Gupta Corner

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708178

Bottom post of the previous page:

Its the fucking gupta corner
Last edited by Jonathan Gupta on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: The Gupta Corner

Post by EmpressMaia » #719619

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:49 pm Lancer is overrated, and a gimmick of a roleplaying game at best. This is my opinion as someone who has never played Lancer.
im reporting you for being wrong
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #719630

Gupta's TTS voice is great and made me laugh.

Gru

Gru gru
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719631

Constellado wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 am Gupta's TTS voice is great and made me laugh.

Gru

Gru gru
YOU BROKE THE DAMN FUCK 10 PAGES AUUUGH
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #719632

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 am
Constellado wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 am Gru

Gru gru
gru gru
Screenshot from 2024-01-31 15-00-45.png
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719643

Constellado wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:59 am
EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 am
Constellado wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 am Gru

Gru gru
gru gru

searching for a hour for orc tts voice.png
It was so worth it just for the result
Living God

Extraordinary Person

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719650

dendydoom wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:49 pm Lancer is overrated, and a gimmick of a roleplaying game at best. This is my opinion as someone who has never played Lancer.
ahhhhhhhh reading this really made me feel like i was back on /tg/

i used to make fun of people for buying 4e and would unironically suggest gurps as a replacement. time is a flat circle and dnd is bad again but at least pathfinder doesn't have a supplementary book about in-game rules for doing your taxes.
5e is the most malleable system in the fucking world and is stupid easy to work with

I'll stand on my soapbox that it's great 'til Wizard releases the next stupid dumb shit for me to make fun of even if I don't use it.
Walter brought back Crack.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719653

hey im gonna advertise myself as a player of campaigners Im new to that please private message me on the forums or just dm me on my discord(Guptoid)

Cool beans.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #719654

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:06 am
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 pm
ahhhhhhhh reading this really made me feel like i was back on /tg/

i used to make fun of people for buying 4e and would unironically suggest gurps as a replacement. time is a flat circle and dnd is bad again but at least pathfinder doesn't have a supplementary book about in-game rules for doing your taxes.
5e is the most malleable system in the fucking world and is stupid easy to work with

I'll stand on my soapbox that it's great 'til Wizard releases the next stupid dumb shit for me to make fun of even if I don't use it.
I used to think that 5E was a great game and is one of the most enjoyable TTRPGs I've played. Then I played a bunch of different unique TTRPGs with friends. Now I still think the exact same thing.

Holy fuck are there a lot of bad ones out there. As much as people say "dnd bad" there are a lot of alternatives that are actually terrible. I played one where you had 3 actions to spend, and any unused could be used to react and defend yourself from incoming attacks. Landing an attack was a coinflip, and then if you won the coinflip the enemy could spend their react action to flip another coin to see if it does fuckall - Resulting in me shooting twice, missing both, and then having to decide if I wanted to shoot a third time to possibly achieve something on my turn at the risk of missing a third time and having nothing left to defend myself when the enemy starts flipping their coins. Plus the action economy for reloading was so awful that after the first combat I just ran around with three guns so I could shoot them all once before throwing them aside and charging in with a knife.

So many games feel obligated to include a combat system when they don't want one, resulting in a half-assed system in which the only person you'd enjoy fighting is the designer of the game. I had another game where it seemed like they wanted combat to sort of be more abstracted and narrative, but they decided to - for some godforsaken reason - leave the half dismembered corpse of a well defined and mechanical combat system in the middle of it so instead of dealing with the threat in a narratively interesting way we were forced to bash it with sticks for 5 turns until it died.

"You can play more than just DnD, there are plenty of fun and unique systems to try out instead!" I hear, but then I go and try one and by the end of it all I can think is that this indie TTRPG could have been a game of DnD.

DnD is fun, I really enjoyed Lancer even though I haven't played much of it, Blades in the Dark was pretty fun. Haven't had anything else I've finished that jumps out at me as a real good game.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #719658

I like it because I love boardgames and combat wise it plays like a boardgame which is a big part of why I like it. Its a neat game and worth a spin, roleplay wise you better hope your dm likes it because it can be heavy or light depending solely on that but I guess thats most TTRPGs anyhow.
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719692

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:24 am -based essay I wasn’t expecting snip-
Having played a solid few weird systems, yeah, no, 5e does about everything it needs to do in fairly straightforward ways, and more importantly for our purposes, has excellent adaptability when it comes to stuff like custom items, races, spells, and statblocks; it’s just easier to do custom shit there than shoehorning it in more abstracted or oddball systems, and so my crew has over the years put together a whole homebrew subsystem called Cyberpunk 5e.

We use it to run every Cyberpunk or “future” game we run (most of them) and it’s got shit like grenades and rifles in a Homebrewery file as well as special traits for guns and rules around them, like disadvantage within 10ft unless you’ve got the Carbine trait. Shit like that.

I’ve played several hundred hours of fifth edition so I hate people beating up on it because their side grade or obscure niche system is “better.” Glad at least you like it well enough as well— wasn’t expecting support for D&D in /tg/.

Nox headmin when?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #719700

like a lot of people in this community i'm an autistic grognard who basically used tabletop roleplaying games to mainline escapism right into my veins from a very young age. coupled with unsupervised internet access since i could figure out which buttons to push in what order to make words appear on the screen, i've played a lot of these games, the good the bad and the ugly, with a lot of different players, the good the bad and the ugly.

5e is alright. fine. works. is a game. has dice. has stats. has monsters. has spells. has swords. that's about it. there is a very clear limitation to its design which it slams into every time it tries to do anything interesting. the main way they've found to deal with this is to just give every class spells eventually through some kind of subclass. this is my biggest gripe because i'm not a wizard virgin, i'm a martial chad. and actual martial combat in game terms is very, very simple with no real way to expand it. battlemaster or whatever is just a fighter who has touch spells. bard, another of my favourite classes, doesn't actually play music in any meaningful way. it's just rp flavour. they just cast normal magic spells like every other caster.

my second biggest gripe is that two characters of the same subclass (sometimes even the same class) are basically the same. outside of a few "get a +x to this stat instead" or feat choices there's not a lot going on to make your character unique as a statblock.

but if you don't care about that stuff it's a very accessible game that ushered in a tabletop renaissance and revitalized the entire genre, so it does have that going for it.

wotc is a dogshit company though and i don't like them. their success is either an accident or the work of the community.

now that we've got that out of the way we can talk about a real game like classic world of darkness. specifically, the mage sphere. we'll need to start by discussing the tellurian and the way in which willworkers weave their magic into the threads-
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719713

I cant read paragraphs my brain hurts, Ill assume its all good posts. I've been chilling hella hard, my back is too developed and I cant touch my hands behind my back no more so that made me sad.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719735

dendydoom wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:30 pm -dendy wall of text I read-
I will say that the classic "martial class but spells" is a very big design trap of 5e, as well as some of the subclassing and flavor stuff. Lots of valid stuff in there, but also a big opportunity for enterprising DM's (my whole group) to completely fucking trample over with homebrow and the way we run games. Martial? You get magic items to round out abilities, as the classic stories go. Hercules had the fancy lion's cloak, and all that.

Subclassing's fucked? Custom Feat or Trait— I take this a step further by giving my players unique Signature Skills that do all sorts of almost entirely imbalanced shit to play out via rule of cool. Though, I will say in terms of feats, there's a lot of really unique ones that are just utterly outclassed by "the meta" as it were. This is also a problem that can be solved via homebrew, but we sure as shit haven't touched it as much.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with "normal" 5e because I've been playing fucked up and evil (incredibly based) homebrew for several years, but I find it hard to doomerpost too hard about it like the other grognards love to. It truly did usher in that TTRPG renaissance you mention, and despite the wizards being a bunch of shit locked up in a crock pot masquerading as a legitimate company, it's not hard to see why people like the game at a surface level. I just think going past that is just being willing to go apeshit as a DM.

Now, talk to me about world of darkness. what in the christ is the tellurian and who are the willworkers?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #719749

if you have a group who is enthusiastic about playing and sharing stories then you have the most valuable thing in existence and no armchair general goblinoid with gnarled fingers from flipping through rotting copies of traveller (me) can take this from you.

og world of darkness is a 90s fever dream where each supernatural "class" is its own entire rpg book. the rules are pretty wishy-washy vibes based and in mage's case you use the physics of the world and the absolutely outsider art level nonsense of lore to say how your spells work. it's almost entirely freeform, not about how much damage you can do but shit like alright well i'm a reality hacker i use the circuity in my toaster to control time.

mages are like neo they can see the code of the universe, but based on their unique brand of mental illness they can interact with it in a unique way and try to change the code. some mages change it by doing d&d spells, some do it by ripping a bong hit of evil vvizard vveed. it's cool because you have to eventually balance your power with fitting in with reality itself. if you bend reality too hard you will break it, and the stronger you are at magic, the stronger your resonance is. the antagonists of the setting are about enforcing order, so they have brainwashed society to stand against you. collective belief in reality resists your attempts to control it.

the rules suck though. mechanically they are terrible. but i think it's cool
NSFW:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719751

That setting sounds fucking badass, holy shit. Seeing the fucking code of the universe and bending it until it breaks and resonating with the strands of the web that is the universe is crazy fucking flavor. Antags that enforce order in a reality sort of way is cool as hell, too.

I could talk for fucking hours about how narratively kickass it is to have collective belief equal power, too, and making that on the level of reality itself is neat. I was a Percy Jackson kid, so I got started on that belief=power shit really early and it's held pull over me for fucking eons after. It's also a very big focal point in later Ender's Game books, so I've got that feeding into it as well. Love that shit.

Anyway, system sounds cool but yeah ummmm my group rules and ummmm I've got a million cool stories I made in 5e and it's the best and ummmm q.e.d. /s
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719836

merry February
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Constellado

Post by Constellado » #719844

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #719845

gra
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719848

gra gra
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #719862

he sounds like a fucking orc peon from warcraft 3
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719863

dendydoom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:23 pm he sounds like a fucking orc peon from warcraft 3
YEEEEEES DENDY YOU ARE THE FUCKING BEST, YOU GOT WHAT I WAS GOING FOR.

THANK YOU, YOU'RE THE FUCKING BEST!!!!!

(Im high off of adrenaline I got done with the most intense set one armed pullups)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719864

HEADSHOTS(4r da locals) IS THE FUCKING BEST MAN IM GONNA BE BUMPIN THIS FOR A FEW DAYS STRAIGHT
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719885

Constellado wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:31 am
EWWW WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??? ROLEPLAY??? GET THAT SHIT OFF MY SCREEEEEEEEN HYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719888

Reminder that in lancer you can intentionally open up your mech units super heated nuclear reactor core and aim it at your enemies. Also you can shoot expended nuclear fuel rods at your enemies
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719946

I stood still for three minutes while jane tried to hit me with plasma fist(I had cqc and blocked every hit)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719947

Surreal round, I was laughing so hard my face started to hurt.
Praying HE TUCKED MY ASS IN IT'S OVER felt the same as that one video with the dude going THEY JUMPIN' ME OH SHIT THEY JUMPIN' ME

I ended up getting CQC by the end to annihilate him though so we're up

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #719952

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am I stood still for three minutes while jane tried to hit me with plasma fist(I had cqc and blocked every hit)
i stood still for three minutes while gupta tried to repair my beartrap he had placed there
respect (let him do his thing)
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #719961

moores rocky training montage of eating carp and boxing to gain sleeping carp ending with fighting gupta in the kitchen and instantly dying to a neck snap
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #720010

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am I stood still for three minutes while jane tried to hit me with plasma fist(I had cqc and blocked every hit)
That round was amazing. Killing most of the crew after getting the laws and helping Qud get a dragon and hyjack was so fun.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720081

been watching mad men, its comedic how everyone is smoking every five minutes.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #720086

I blame timonk for getting the exercise thread locked. I also don't believe them that they did 69 pushups.

I see your noodle arms over there, why must you lie.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720087

Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:47 pm I blame timonk for getting the exercise thread locked. I also don't believe them that they did 69 pushups.

I see your noodle arms over there, why must you lie.
NEW THREAAAAD UP AND IM BRAGGINGGGGG
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720088

(8 sets btw cause I cant do that shit in three)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720118

Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:47 pm I see your noodle arms over there, why must you lie.
you cant see me over the internet.... unless....
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #720138

www.twitch.tv/timonk

Bro you haven't turned off your streaming in the last six months. Any time your computer is on you've been streaming. Did you not realize this?
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720143

Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:32 pm www.twitch.tv/timonk

Bro you haven't turned off your streaming in the last six months. Any time your computer is on you've been streaming. Did you not realize this?
► Show Spoiler
Not me sadly
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #720145

Timonk wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:09 am
Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:32 pm www.twitch.tv/timonk

► Show Spoiler
Not me sadly
But if it was you, could you do 69 pushups.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720146

of course i could why do you doubt me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720149

Screenshot_2024-02-06-14-17-09-26_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #720157

Constellado wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:18 am Screenshot_2024-02-06-14-17-09-26_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg
holy shit it's real: https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... n_j_gupta/

some highlights from the comments:
gupta.png
and this
gupta2.png
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720164

surreal digg moment. someone else also made a counter-thread where a fictional IA investigation found nothing wrong with Gupta's acts and that was funny
Last edited by DrAmazing343 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720169

Screenshot from 2024-02-06 15-45-24.png
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720173

THERE IT IS!!!
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #720177

I sharded gupta after stabbing him
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720211

celularLAmp wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:18 am I sharded gupta after stabbing him
Why do you have porn in your signature :shock:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #720265

Fucking threads i want to post in keep getting locked. First OG pushup thread then gravel thread what IS this???
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720267

why are they getting locked :(
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720269

wesoda25 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:45 am Fucking threads i want to post in keep getting locked. First OG pushup thread then gravel thread what IS this???
We have to impeach dendy

We need armhulen back
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720281

remember guys it's the year 2565 there's no more counting threads
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #720291

Timonk wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:08 am
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:45 am Fucking threads i want to post in keep getting locked. First OG pushup thread then gravel thread what IS this???
We have to impeach dendy

We need armhulen back
i'm already drunk with power. there's nothing you can do.

i am going to destroy math and make sure no one EVER attempts to figure out how many of something there are ESPECIALLY loose aggregations of rock fragments.
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720294

I GET FIRST PAGE 11 POST IM THE FUCKING BEST!!!!
Living God

Extraordinary Person