the fucking Lancer thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

the fucking Lancer thread

Post by EmpressMaia » #720340

I am a Smith Shimano bootlicker and you cannot stop me their mech designs are soooo sexy they just do a lil eugenics its fine I NEED THE SWALLOW TAIL
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmpressMaia

Re: the fucking Lancer thread

Post by EmpressMaia » #720341

atlas.png
peak design
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720344

Lancer is just dweeb glitterboys from RIFTS
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720359

I made a mech character that just maximised shooting things with a big fuckoff laser. Oneshot bosses with ease.

I would do it again. Very fun.

I really liked lancer's combat system. A lot. Only issue I had is that as a team we decided who went first, and we would take half the combat planning who should go first! I would prefer it if who went first was stat based or random instead haha. I remember the GM sitting there and just saying "Please pick who goes first or I will." LOL
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720360

I wonder if Lancer can count
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #720387

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 pm I am a Smith Shimano bootlicker and you cannot stop me their mech designs are soooo sexy they just do a lil eugenics its fine I NEED THE SWALLOW TAIL
SSC good
but swallowtail?? bro

we all know what the real deal is in this house, the fucking MONARCH BABY LETS GO
CRUISE MISSILE INBOUND
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720398

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:22 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 pm I am a Smith Shimano bootlicker and you cannot stop me their mech designs are soooo sexy they just do a lil eugenics its fine I NEED THE SWALLOW TAIL
SSC good
but swallowtail?? bro

we all know what the real deal is in this house, the fucking MONARCH BABY LETS GO
CRUISE MISSILE INBOUND
ATHENA knows everything!!!
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720399

Also there's a really hot trans guy in the long rim document
Reziro
Byond Username: Reziro

Post by Reziro » #720406

My favorite build so far is Acetuga, where you max out the Ace talent in a Tortuga with flight systems so you can effectively ignore your movement speed and teleport between friendlies and the enemy.

My favorite frame though is probably the Raleigh.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #720412

I like the lich, drink deep.... I just like the time splinter ability where you split people in two which is pretty awesome
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #720458

Lancer is hella fun.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #720460

One of my players is in a Viceroy, but insisted on having some mech-sized boots commissioned (SSC don't provide swap-out feet components, but obviously would provide mech-sized cobbler's services)
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720461

Wait. Is this thread about Lancer or about fucking Lancer?
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720466

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:17 pm One of my players is in a Viceroy, but insisted on having some mech-sized boots commissioned (SSC don't provide swap-out feet components, but obviously would provide mech-sized cobbler's services)
Small man. Big boots
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720511

I love the concept of the daisy cutter shotgun so much it's such a badass weapon design

The Daisy Cutter is an effective weapon – if outdated – that’s still favored by many marine pilots. Essentially, it’s a massive shotgun; the pilot loads a charge into the gun’s breech, drops a packed sabot down the barrel, aims, and fires a hellfire cloud of flechette darts, bearings, and ignited magnesium strips, guaranteed to clear any deck on which it’s been fired.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720512

I should strap 2 of them to a metalmark
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720573

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:38 am I remember the GM sitting there and just saying "Please pick who goes first or I will." LOL
My GM has actually started taking whoever speaks up first as the player turn that's going.
TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:10 pm I like the lich, drink deep.... I just like the time splinter ability where you split people in two which is pretty awesome
MY BROTHER!
going to be playing a Bligh(homebrew Kidd alt from Lancer: Enhanced Combat) on monday that's making heavy use of lich systems. I fully intend to take Didymos next LL.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720588

I recommend this if you wanna try out lancer
https://compcon.app/#/
and
https://retrogrademinis.com
if you want a pixel mech that is pretty customizable
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720589

datorangebottle wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:42 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:10 pm I like the lich, drink deep.... I just like the time splinter ability where you split people in two which is pretty awesome
MY BROTHER!
going to be playing a Bligh(homebrew Kidd alt from Lancer: Enhanced Combat) on monday that's making heavy use of lich systems. I fully intend to take Didymos next LL.
Sounds like a neat mech!
Reziro

Post by Reziro » #720590

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:29 pm I recommend this if you wanna try out lancer
and
Also, almost all the LCP files that let you use the rules are free. The only things you pay for is GM content usually. I'm the designated bookholder/GM for my group.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720591

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:30 pm Sounds like a neat mech!
it is!
I plop down a lil drone for free at the end of my turn.
Then, when I use tech actions on friendlies or deploy non-drones, the free drone gets to shoot/stab people.
So the techs in action are going to be FABI, PEBCAC, Bolster(sysop is a hell of a drug, fuck witches all my homies hate them), Haste, and Didymos.
I also get to poke with a blackspot targeting laser occasionally.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #720680

Had to cut our session short today because Discord just kept cutting out if anyone spoke for more than 20 seconds, shame
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720729

that fuckin' sucks.
i just did some downtime stuff where my pilot got absolutely drunk and trashed their good reputation because the things going on are too real for him to handle.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #720772

I've had the PDF opened on my PC for months and keep meaning to sit down and actually read it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #720775

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:29 pm I recommend this if you wanna try out lancer
and
The paid mode also lets you set theme colours/paintjobs for NPC mechs, so you can instantly make a themed force of villains

its just great in general, especially if you customise your mechs afterwards in paint or photoshop or something.

kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720778

Titania2.png
Titania2.png (27.72 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
yeah, retrograde + GIMP is great, here's my bligh(i hacked together kidd, lancaster, and the horus turret to make this, plus a knife for the lil guy's arm).

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720779

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:07 am Titania2.png
yeah, retrograde + GIMP is great, here's my bligh(i hacked together kidd, lancaster, and the horus turret to make this, plus a knife for the lil guy's arm).
this is sick as hell
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #720787

These are my PCs' mechs

ImageImage
ImageImage
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720789

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:34 am These are my PCs' mechs
I really like the viceroy, and what I assume is some kind of heavily industrial/modified vlad.

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720790

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:34 am this is sick as hell
Glad you like it! :D

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #720807

Hate to triplepost, but I got to play my bligh tonight.
Funny screenshot.
the army marches.PNG

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #721169

Aight, fuck you guys, i'm quadposting. What do you think about these LL6 Chomolungma builds?

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721171

i have abducted another weeb into lancer
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #721357

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:11 am i have abducted another weeb into lancer
Great! Now convince them to play a goblin so that you can combine.

Reziro

Post by Reziro » #721486

One of my players just hit their heat cap trying to hit someone with an accurate, smart, seeking weapon. They rolled 4 4s in a row.

At any point in time the party empath could've fixed it, instead everyone just laughed at them.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721653

Had to postpone our session sadly. The person who owns the ship we are on isn't available. And we need him to progress the story
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721654

Reziro wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:05 am One of my players just hit their heat cap trying to hit someone with an accurate, smart, seeking weapon. They rolled 4 4s in a row.

At any point in time the party empath could've fixed it, instead everyone just laughed at them.
Even a caveman should be able to hit a target with that
Reziro

Post by Reziro » #721717

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:18 pm
atlas.png
peak design
Just saw this Atlas art
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721720

sick as hell
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722036

a player may have dropped out so i am coercing my weeb friend to get into lancer
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722046

ill play lancer
respect (let him do his thing)
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #722071

you should play lancer.
everyone should play lancer.
if it weren't so complicated to set up i'd try to get people to play lancer in ss13.

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #722072

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 am you should play lancer.
everyone should play lancer.
if it weren't so complicated to set up i'd try to get people to play lancer in ss13.
I’d love to run lancer in ss13, but Yeah the hex stuff might be hard
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #722075

Lancer works fine with a square grid and that's what most of the pre-release testing was done with, hexes are just used in most of the examples because it can be harder to visualise and also they look cooler.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #722079

Hexes work better because there isnt an optimal route (most of the time) so I like them more
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #722080

I also like them more, I just mean that if you wanted you could probably use dream maker to develop a fairly adequate lancer simulator (with square tiles)
i wouldnt try to run it within a round of ss13 though you really just need theatre of the mind for that and lancer is a tactics game
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #722105

In theory you could clear out the holodeck chess board, but that might be a little small. maybe take over and retrofit a large section of the station(the chapel? the cafeteria?) to be big empty space, then use different tiles as different types of terrain and toys as models. might take too long / be too much effort though, when combined with teaching people the game.

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722107

been drawing some lancer frames. will post later
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #722131

it would be easier to play holodeck ICON as that is designed for like 8x8 grid maps instead of 40x40
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722411

Screenshot_20240225_105419_Discord.jpg