gamingmantime

Maxipat | Wild1123 - misunderstandingban

Post by gamingmantime » #719659

Ban Details
BYOND account: Wild1123
Character name: Wild Smith
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... cb68cbb832&
Time ban was placed: 2024-01-30 19:34:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 223074

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
If no, please provide more details: I Would like the second rp reason i gave to be in the ban appeal and for it to be considered in my ban i was roleplaying a warden that had an energy katana witch saved his life from heratic,s blood brothers, syndicates, obsessor antag. the energy katana saved my life so i bonded to the item witch had saved my life multiple times so then a person insults me and it i had a mental breakdown and hit him a couple of times and left him to serve his sentance intel i was informed by the admin he died.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes
If no, please provide more details:

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Re: Maxipat | Wild1123 - misunderstandingban

Post by Maxipat » #719669

Hey, thanks for appealing!

Before we go anywhere, I have to ask whether you appeal to have the ban removed or just the note rewritten, it's not 100% clear (at least for me) from your post.
gamingmantime

Post by gamingmantime » #719688

Ban removed
gamingmantime

Post by gamingmantime » #719711

This appeal is basically useless since eta 10 minutes intel i get unbanned

update 1
This was completely useless...
Last edited by gamingmantime on Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #719712

Well if the ban is overturned you'll lose the note too
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Maxipat
In-Game Admin

Post by Maxipat » #719715

Im not willing to overturn the ban, we have an universal policy of 1 unjustified kill - 1 day ban, and "being insane" or "having a mental breakdown IC" is not a good justification. I might've agreed with your story about being deeply connected to the sword, even though apparently your character's entire connection was only from this one round (you told HoS this sword's useless) and if you had taken them to medbay, escalation policy demands that from you, i'd have left it as a note, but you just left them on brig floor to "serve their time" while they had multiple wounds from your sword and were in crit.

I am though willing to reword your note to be more clear, especially this part:
Round removed a cuffed prisoner because the prisoner told them to "cut off their head with energy katana.
It's worded in a way it can be interpreted like if the prisoner asked you to get beheaded instead of telling you to behead yourself. What i propose is changing
Unjustified kill - Round removed a cuffed prisoner because the prisoner told them to "cut off their head with energy katana", and it "insulted the player very badly, in their rp they have a very deep connection with my sword witch he insulted VERY VERY badly"
to something along the lines of:
Unjustified kill - After being told by a prisoner to decapitate kill themselves with an energy katana, proceeded to kill the prisoner. Said it was because "they had a mental breakdown after prisoner insulted the sword they're deeply connected with"

EDIT: As pointed out by fellow community member, exact words used by the prisoner were " "might as well use that sword to kill yourself", changed "decapitate" in ammended note proposal to "kill".
Maxipat
In-Game Admin

Post by Maxipat » #719963

Hey, seeing that you aren't replying to this, I'm gonna change the note to the proposed one and lock this on 7th. Feel free to reply in the meantime if you want.
Maxipat
In-Game Admin

Post by Maxipat » #720468

Note ammended, closing it.