🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by dragomagol » #720785

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will wax? Who will wane? Will Cheshify make someone cry at the debates? Find out on today's edition of the Headmin Elections!

Campaign Threads:
Rex9001
Kieth4
Timberpoes
TheBibleMelts
WalterMeldron
Kinnebian
DendyDoom
Tegun
Tattle
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Re: 🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by BonChoi » #720922

I dunno this dennis person but if she's anything like dennis the menace we're all doomed (for a number of months)
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #720932

Stiff competition that I’m gonna beat, they’ve all had their chance before this one.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720940

Strong candidates so far. They all have many things I like but some things I dislike. Kieth's probably going to end up as my top pick, but we'll see how it unfolds.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #720946

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:13 pm Well that's it less interesting. I wanna see effective, tangible, feasible change on headmin threads, not just reverting what was done literally the term before.
i think it is fair for a player representative to want to revert changes that many players aren't very happy about. i also like that the essence of his policies is to allow for interactions and conflict to happen more organically, which shows that there is more to his ideas than simply "just reverting past-term changes". this is overall really good because in my experience the best way to properly get into the game-spirit and do different kinds of fun roleplay has always been through organic interactions without any ooc interference. the mentors addition is pretty interesting as well, it seems like it'd be genuinely helpful to new players.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #720949

Lizardistaken wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm is to allow for interactions and conflict to happen more organically...
...the best way to properly get into the game-spirit and do different kinds of fun roleplay has always been through organic interactions without any ooc interference.
Dude
Please actually read the space law thing. It's IC and exists to promote IC interaction on LRP and MRP. It doesn't actively prevent you from doing anything at all, in fact, it removes OOC restrictions on you in exchange for IC ones that only security might give a damn about. You breaking space law isn't a thing admins will bwoink you for, only the server rules.

The space law change was made and crafted specifically to encourage ss13 game experience.

Also it's been literally 1 week since it's been put into effect.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #720956

Cheshify wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:42 pm Dude
Please actually read the space law thing. It's IC and exists to promote IC interaction on LRP and MRP. It doesn't actively prevent you from doing anything at all, in fact, it removes OOC restrictions on you in exchange for IC ones.

The space law change was made and crafted specifically to encourage ss13 game experience.

Also it's been literally 1 week since it's been put into effect.
i am not strictly talking about space law here... but on that topic, kieth himself has already quite decently described the potential issues concerning that in this very thread, which isn't related to what i was talking about anyway. that aside, i was referring to his rule 5 change as well as his tiding policy. in fact i never even mentioned space law in the first place so that reply just seems really random.
Last edited by Lizardistaken on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #720958

Dead as a community only four people put up a thread so far and all of them have done it before.
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #720959

We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #720960

Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #720961

I know we haven't had everyone post threads yet, but I'm likely going to support another Timber or Xemo term. Both have done very well in the past.

If you absolutely want someone who's new to headmin for the role for whatever reason, looks like Rex is your only option at the moment.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720962

So many darn old headmins running, they had their chance! New, fresh blood is needed to keep up with a constantly changing world! I also updated my headmin thread to the folks who care (everyone in this thread)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #720963

I had to run.

I wanna work with Dendy and our rules pages are too complex. Dendy's the kinda co-headmin that would be a perfect partner in crime for reworking/rewriting/reimagining the core server rules.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #720965

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:06 pm So many darn old headmins running, they had their chance! New, fresh blood is needed to keep up with a constantly changing world! I also updated my headmin thread to the folks who care (everyone in this thread)
Don't believe his lies. I would remind everyone that this is just arm in a trenchcoat but he like, didn't even bother to button up the coat.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #720967

We better get more candidates.
I'm not sure what I think of anyone outside of timberpoes.

Keith4 wasn't a great headmin and most of his ideas are "meh" at best. I'm divided over TBM while they have done good things I don't feel like they're the right way for me, Walter's a great dude but his thread and points feel bare but it's early days, rex's has a few busywork points when it comes to bureaucracy.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720968

Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:33 pm We better get more candidates.

Keith4 wasn't a great headmin and most of his ideas are "meh" at best. I'm divided over TBM while they have done good things I don't feel like they're the right way for me, Walter's a great dude but his thread and points feel bare but it's early days, rex's has a few busywork points when it comes to bureaucracy.
No one is perfect! But we can strive to be. Could you be more specific about the busywork parts?
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #720969

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:09 pm I had to run.

I wanna work with Dendy and our rules pages are too complex. Dendy's the kinda co-headmin that would be a perfect partner in crime for reworking/rewriting/reimagining the core server rules.
I hope if you get headmin you will start timberposting again, correct?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #720971

vect0r wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm I hope if you get headmin you will start timberposting again, correct?
It's mandatory.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720974

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Drinks were spilt, sides taken to orbit, stolen and sigged.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720978

Nabski wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:26 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:06 pm So many darn old headmins running, they had their chance! New, fresh blood is needed to keep up with a constantly changing world! I also updated my headmin thread to the folks who care (everyone in this thread)
Don't believe his lies. I would remind everyone that this is just arm in a trenchcoat but he like, didn't even bother to button up the coat.
2 arms, 2 legs, one head and we are fucking ROLLING
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #720981

The (very early) First Tierlist is done!

After a sorta rocky start, this term managed to do quite a bit in terms of policy shifting and sorting. Guessing this wouldve been a quiet status-quo term couldnt have been more off the money and Im grateful for that. With all that being said, we have our first batch of candidates for the first new term of 2024.

Notes
  • Congrats on DendyDoom for winning the hostvote! Even if she didnt and ran normally she would be a very strong candidate especially for the adminvote which is insane considering the competition this time around
  • A lot of previous headmins are running, including someone who is currently headmin!
  • Only very slightly ordered within tiers, bigger gaps are between tiers
  • Hopefully we can get more people running so this list can be filled out and shaken up
  • Unlike the last election, we have pretty clear frontrunners very early on, Its looking to be an uphill battle for everyone else
  • (Atleast for right now) Placements are relative to one another for the most part
Good luck to all candidates! Make sure to have yourself seen on servers and discord very frequently since those are where the majority of votes are coming from!
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720985

we need responsible adults to lead the server (THIS IS A CODEWORD FOR OLD PEOPLE)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720988

i shouldnt run
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720989

my doctor told me not to
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720990

i will run next term i think
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #720998

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:25 pm The (very early) First Tierlist is done!

After a sorta rocky start, this term managed to do quite a bit in terms of policy shifting and sorting. Guessing this wouldve been a quiet status-quo term couldnt have been more off the money and Im grateful for that. With all that being said, we have our first batch of candidates for the first new term of 2024.

You know what, I'm taking the B. B stands for based and best!
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #721003

i've never been ranked so highly in anything before. the implications this has for my ego will be disastrous...

also i've been reminded about the host vote making a campaign thread and i shall be doing this. it was not a conscious decision not to, i just forgot that this was a thing people did!!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721009

Rip WalterMeldron, having second thoughts is fine and its usually good to act on something with more reflection. Looks like its just me vs 3 previous headmins who are all also fighting each other at once before 2 of us get elected and work together as a great team.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #721011

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:08 pm Rip WalterMeldron, having second thoughts is fine and its usually good to act on something with more reflection. Looks like its just me vs 3 previous headmins who are all also fighting each other at once before 2 of us get elected and work together as a great team.
Ah sad! I do enjoy more Terry candidates! I was chatting with him what he should mention! TV TV TV and amount of maints clown is unreal.. I am not sure who to vote for.

I'll vote you Rex. New blood is always good! Though project started in headmin terms, take two terms to finish up.

Timbers is the other runner up, literally kept doing headmin stuff till he wasn't allowed to. I respect that the most from his first term, when the others were done and burnt out.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #721012

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:22 pm i've never been ranked so highly in anything before. the implications this has for my ego will be disastrous...

also i've been reminded about the host vote making a campaign thread and i shall be doing this. it was not a conscious decision not to, i just forgot that this was a thing people did!!
I hope to see. "I am already headmin and there is nothing you can do about that!!!" That sentence cracks me up good.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721013

iansdoor wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:17 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:08 pm Rip WalterMeldron, having second thoughts is fine and its usually good to act on something with more reflection. Looks like its just me vs 3 previous headmins who are all also fighting each other at once before 2 of us get elected and work together as a great team.
Ah sad! I do enjoy more Terry candidates! I was chatting with him what he should mention! TV TV TV and amount of maints clown is unreal.. I am not sure who to vote for.

I'll vote you Rex. New blood is always good! Though project started in headmin terms, take two terms to finish up.

Timbers is the other runner up, literally kept doing headmin stuff till he wasn't allowed to. I respect that the most from his first term, when the others were done and burnt out.
WOOOO!!! You get the complementary t-shirt!!!!
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #721014

I want you to run on this platform

Also I'd like more elaboration on Timber's ideas about what changes to make to support the kinds of play he's identified between LRP and MRP

besides the rule condensing and keeping the lights on (both very good things on which pretty much all of the candidates can point to great records) I think that's an important philosophical issue for any headmin to have clear ideas and vision about
feedback appreciated here <3
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #721015

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm

No one is perfect! But we can strive to be. Could you be more specific about the busywork parts?
The adminpm guideline and headmins always posting "we're looking into this" makes it feels like we're some kind of call center. I fear it might lead to more soulless handling of tickets.

I'm not great at describing it
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #721016

would it help if they were like

Fucking hell what a mess, we're gonna go to the pub with some beers and mull this one over.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721017

sometimes it's hard to know what to say to a player to end a ticket when you can't tell them what they want to hear. often players want the other person obliterated from orbit until nought remains but ash, but this is usually not a fair or reasonable decision. you can easily slip into "defending" your ruling and it can be an invitation to re-engage on a matter that you consider resolved, and a lot of the desired "skill" in handling issues is de-escalating, resolving and disengaging.

offering too much information will often turn the ticket into a long winded debate, entirely unfocused with people passing essays to one another. over something that, in the grand scheme of things, probably doesn't matter all that much. usually.

but honestly, "handled", "resolved", etc are memes at this point and shouldn't really be used if you can help it at all.

there is no one-size-fits-all approach. everyone has their own style. some admins want to be friends with the whole server. some admins want to resolve issues efficiently so they're not wasting player time and can keep the game moving.
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #721018

Goddamnit I had them questions prepared for Waltermeldron and he just up and drops out.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721019

Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:30 pm

The adminpm guideline and headmins always posting "we're looking into this" makes it feels like we're some kind of call center. I fear it might lead to more soulless handling of tickets.

I think I understand where you are coming from, I disagree and its how I handle a lot of my tickets. I feel like it leads to the player being more satisfied and at least personally it feels good to end stuff of on a good note, like a "good luck with [insert thing they were doing]" and I think players like it more. Headminwise, I don't have a lot to say because I do that "I'm looking into it" on tickets. Of course admins should still feel free to pursue their own paths but these are just the ways I personally found to reach that end goal of good understanding in a ticket.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721020

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:57 pm sometimes it's hard to know what to say to a player to end a ticket when you can't tell them what they want to hear. often players want the other person obliterated from orbit until nought remains but ash, but this is usually not a fair or reasonable decision. you can easily slip into "defending" your ruling and it can be an invitation to re-engage on a matter that you consider resolved, and a lot of the desired "skill" in handling issues is de-escalating, resolving and disengaging.

offering too much information will often turn the ticket into a long winded debate, entirely unfocused with people passing essays to one another. over something that, in the grand scheme of things, probably doesn't matter all that much. usually.

but honestly, "handled", "resolved", etc are memes at this point and shouldn't really be used if you can help it at all.

there is no one-size-fits-all approach. everyone has their own style. some admins want to be friends with the whole server. some admins want to resolve issues efficiently so they're not wasting player time and can keep the game moving.
Goddammit moments after I post my thing dendy has made a post that better describes my opinion.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #721021

He's already headmin(again), there's nothing you can do to stop him.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #721022

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:57 pm sometimes it's hard to know what to say to a player to end a ticket when you can't tell them what they want to hear. often players want the other person obliterated from orbit until nought remains but ash, but this is usually not a fair or reasonable decision. you can easily slip into "defending" your ruling and it can be an invitation to re-engage on a matter that you consider resolved, and a lot of the desired "skill" in handling issues is de-escalating, resolving and disengaging.

I always say have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night, that usually signals the end of the ticket. 99.8% have replied "you as well". No hard feelings.

Though if you are talking about tricky situations, where you are full of bias. An admin can always ask for help from another to take over that situation. The hard part is ego or short time constraint in asking for help.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #721023

My prediction is that Timber is guaranteed the admin vote, and the player vote will essentially boil down to Keith vs. TBM. Keith has my vote.

The one big thing I liked from TBM was the the idea of servers tiered by threat as opposed to rp level (Sybil has been very boring since the latest batch of dynamic changes), but I don't if I'd trust them to combine those rulesets nor do I think there will ever be enough support for that idea due to the very big us vs. them mindset. Keith's viewpoint on most things are ones I share, so I would deem him overall a better representative of what I want.
Last edited by Indie-ana Jones on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #721024

I also dislike that as well, has the vibes of "do you have a moment?" Both don't really help the situation as that sentence is too vague.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721027

I respect your opinions but I generally enjoy being informed that my appeal or ticket hasnt gone neglected. I would prefer ”I’m looking into it” over radio silence and a full response 25 minutes later. Its a small amount of effort that I think really helps make tickets less hostile, and I think the same could be true for appeals. To make it clear I want to encourage but not force admins to use these methods.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721028

I think Timber and Xemo should have a best of 3, heavily publicized, streamed Toolbox-Tourney style 1v1. If something like that happened, it’d make it much easier to write fanfiction about all this for the library.
Walter brought back Crack.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721029

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:41 pm -therexsnip-
Unrelated to the contents of that message, and on a more genuine note than my last post, you’re quite active in this thread and specifically what you can do to be a good headmin/change people’s minds. I haven’t seen nearly enough of your work around Manuel to swing my vote your way, but know that you have my respect as a candidate and I hope the best for your campaign! It’s refreshing, as always, to see such good energy.
Walter brought back Crack.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721030

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:48 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:41 pm -therexsnip-
Unrelated to the contents of that message, and on a more genuine note than my last post, you’re quite active in this thread and specifically what you can do to be a good headmin/change people’s minds. I haven’t seen nearly enough of your work around Manuel to swing my vote your way, but know that you have my respect as a candidate and I hope the best for your campaign! It’s refreshing, as always, to see such good energy.
Love to Hear it, I’ll swing by Manuel some more. Its just very akward with timezones and lag but I’ve had fun everytime I’ve made the journey.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721031

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:41 pm I respect your opinions but I generally enjoy being informed that my appeal or ticket hasnt gone neglected. I would prefer ”I’m looking into it” over radio silence and a full response 25 minutes later. Its a small amount of effort that I think really helps make tickets less hostile, and I think the same could be true for appeals. To make it clear I want to encourage but not force admins to use these methods.
Bro even being told hey we don't know is better than silence
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721032

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 pm I think Timber and Xemo should have a best of 3, heavily publicized, streamed Toolbox-Tourney style 1v1. If something like that happened, it’d make it much easier to write fanfiction about all this for the library.
me watching the proceedings reclined on a silk chaise longue while a trialmin feeds me grapes and another fans me with a big palm leaf
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #721033

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:33 pm
DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 pm I think Timber and Xemo should have a best of 3, heavily publicized, streamed Toolbox-Tourney style 1v1. If something like that happened, it’d make it much easier to write fanfiction about all this for the library.
me watching the proceedings reclined on a silk chaise longue while a trialmin feeds me grapes and another fans me with a big palm leaf
Which trialmins?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721034

The problem is that we also get feedback saying that we're not professional enough in how we handle things, so like...
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #721035

We should answer all ahelps in character

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721036

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 pm

I'm not great at describing nit
The problem is that we also get feedback saying that we're not professional enough in how we handle things, so like...
admins ain't being paid, they don't need to act like outsourced customer service representatives. as long as they're being cool and helpful I couldn't be caught dead giving a damn about how casual they're acting.