Server you were playing on when banned:
Round ID in which ban was placed:

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
() - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh this one
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?: I did not mean to break the rules. I wasn't sure if it was against the rules so I said it and it backfired. I guess I just thought it would be a warning. "Omega dark potato" felt differently. Omega, I understand what swatting is. I do not need it explained to me. I understand it is a harmful threat to make against someone, and that it literally has resulted in the deaths of multiple people. I apologize for saying it. It will not happen again.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: (Omegadarkpotato) Discord Sole (Pike)

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #721348

If you thought it'd be a warning and you knew swatting had resulted in the deaths of multiple people, why'd you say it?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
pikeyeskey13

Post by pikeyeskey13 » #721361

Listen I understand that something like this could be easily misinterpreted, so you want to set a precedent that this stuff is off-limits in the Discord server. That's why I apologized and said I would not repeat it. I did not say it because I thought people would genuinely think I wanted them to be gunned down and possibly shot. I said it because I thought it was funny, and they wouldn't take it seriously. Which is pretty much what happened (they didn't take it seriously). And I knew that before I said it, which is why I wasn't necessarily overly concerned that I would be immediately kicked from the server by Omega Dark Potato with a "bye bye!!<3" message.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721375

Discord's Community Guidelines have the following to say on the subject:
Do not threaten to harm another individual or group of people. This includes direct, indirect, and suggestive threats.
We have already had issues with users violating the Community Guidelines on our server and have seen other servers be deleted wholesale for allowing it. We have no choice but to ban someone if they do something like this.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
pikeyeskey13

Post by pikeyeskey13 » #721379

Yeah, again I won't say it on your server anymore. But like is that not a really high bar for Discord to enforce?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #721502

It's not, and we've had issues for not enforcing discord TOS / Community Guidelines in the past. I'm not particularly inclined to believe that the message's gotten through to you either, so I'll be denying this appeal.
You're free to appeal in six months, as opposed to the standard year.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
pikeyeskey13

Post by pikeyeskey13 » #721503

ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao
pikeyeskey13

Post by pikeyeskey13 » #721504

ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Last edited by pikeyeskey13 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721512

See you August 18
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you