🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by dragomagol » #720785

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will wax? Who will wane? Will Cheshify make someone cry at the debates? Find out on today's edition of the Headmin Elections!

Campaign Threads:
Rex9001
Kieth4
Timberpoes
TheBibleMelts
WalterMeldron
Kinnebian
DendyDoom
Tegun
Tattle
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: 🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by conrad » #721621

Kinneb's short and sweet answers. I like plan B's and fallbacks, even if that's just stuff we already have being brought forward as an alternative.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721622

I like this song a lot, I want it played when I'm in the nursing home.
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721623

conrad wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:39 pm I like plan B's and fallbacks, even if that's just stuff we already have being brought forward as an alternative.
I do too, but when it comes to information leaks its so hard to contain that sort of stuff;
Sometimes the best options we have are to do literally everything we can to prevent it from happening in the first place.
The only things I would do at the point is obviously to ban anyone talking and sharing this information we know of, and delete what we can that becomes publicly accessible.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721624

Oh right, almost forgot.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #721629

bwuh?

what was this thread about again?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721631

dendydoom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:22 am bwuh?

what was this thread about again?
well we just finished up deciding to all vote for kinnebian collectively so we should just go do that
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #721632

oranges wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:53 pm I don't think there's any admin dogpiling there's just little to no player engagement in the headadmin threads so the only comments you really see are from admins.
Admins need to interact with them nearly daily
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721633

i love the threads and interact with them willingly
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #721638

Cheshify wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:26 am
oranges wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:53 pm I don't think there's any admin dogpiling there's just little to no player engagement in the headadmin threads so the only comments you really see are from admins.
Admins need to interact with them nearly daily
ok but this has nothing to do with waht I said??
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #721663

dendydoom wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:48 pm certainly you can criticize the accuracy of how it's depicted in the candidate thread, and kieth was by far not the worst person involved. very far from it. but personally i feel like this is ultimately splitting hairs.

i will not infantilize kieth by pretending that he didn't know the context of the funeral, who it was for, why they were in trouble, and what it was about. he was involved, and that is important to a lot of admins because they expect a headmin who will know better than to get involved in these situations.

being involved in a situation like that would most likely have you stricken from any trainer's serious considerations for a candidate for quite a long time. and this is for the position of headmin, not an admin candidate who can barely be trusted to view people's notes without supervision.

ultimately admins get the admin vote, and kieth is a player candidate. i know he doesn't care if admins vote for him or not. but in the end, if he gets the position, he will have to work with those same admins who have criticisms of his conduct and demeanour. he will either have to answer that publicly now or, if he gets what he wants and wins the player vote, he will have to answer it privately in admin channels, because they will want answers and assurances if they're expected to fall in line and follow his instructions through a second term.
on a general basis i can agree that this could be an important topic for an admin (though seemingly not important enough for any other person to be directly bringing it up on his thread), but i would say only because of how the funeral went down rather than his participation of the "event" itself. several admins had also participated in the funeral so i think that their presence contributed to making most of the participants feel safe and that the funeral was being done in good fun. with this considered, i am pretty certain that the direction the situation ended up taking was fairly unexpected for most of the people there.

i would also say that it is in this specific case pretty noteworthy that this situation gets misrepresented. it just makes it seem like the post in question was made out of spite instead of being about someone's genuine expression of concern. there is absolutely nothing wrong with voicing out legitimate concerns of course, but when it is done in such a hostile manner it just feels too uncivil to belong in a headmin candidate thread of all things.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721676

GOOF WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!!
GOOFSWEEP 2024 BITCHES
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #721679

Thanks goodness I thought he wasn't going to make it this year
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #721683

Goof:

1. No.

2. Talk to MSO.

3. Just tell us for the love of god
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721688

VOTE GOOF 2024!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721689

I will, of course, be voting Goof.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721691

All I can give is a hearty GOOF 2024
Walter brought back Crack.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #721694

who's up goofing off
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721700

GOOFERS and KEITHAMANIACS must work together, we cannot allow two based candidates to split the playervote too harshly. Also hiding your platform is based
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721704

its not al anymore, its dunk
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721705

if i dont win i still want to come back to the admin team
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #721706

kinnebian wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:14 pm if i dont win i still want to come back to the admin team
like a reverse kieth...
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721725

Lizardistaken wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 am on a general basis i can agree that this could be an important topic for an admin (though seemingly not important enough for any other person to be directly bringing it up on his thread), but i would say only because of how the funeral went down rather than his participation of the "event" itself. several admins had also participated in the funeral so i think that their presence contributed to making most of the participants feel safe and that the funeral was being done in good fun. with this considered, i am pretty certain that the direction the situation ended up taking was fairly unexpected for most of the people there.

i would also say that it is in this specific case pretty noteworthy that this situation gets misrepresented. it just makes it seem like the post in question was made out of spite instead of being about someone's genuine expression of concern. there is absolutely nothing wrong with voicing out legitimate concerns of course, but when it is done in such a hostile manner it just feels too uncivil to belong in a headmin candidate thread of all things.
thanks for the reply, it's clear that you've put a lot of thought into this.

i won't comment further on what happened during the funeral itself, because as i mentioned before i consider it resolved and out of respect to those involved including kieth more discussion on this matter would require fact checking and i feel like it would be unfair to go and look at things like logs etc. i do not want to drag that into this thread.

i would be careful about saying that it is misrepresented or spiteful. as was also brought up before: there is a lot of heavy inference over things that happened in admin channels that cannot just openly be spoken about. very few people are privileged with the full story around this, and 2 of those people are the ones discussing it: kieth and shaps. shaps is a gm who has their own concerns, and in this sense they are within their right to bring that up and try to discuss it, even if it gets a little heated. i don't perceive any insults for the sake of it or outright lies, just someone who is impassioned and has something to say about their concerns with a candidate.

if similar events had happened with other candidates, whether admins or players, i would not want to police their tone around the matter either. they have a right to speak frankly and openly (as much as can be done without leaking admin channels) and people who bear witness to that type of discussion should be careful how much they let it affect their view of someone without full knowledge of the situation. i say this both to people who are supportive of kieth AND those that are critical of him. he is not a villain or a saviour. he's just a dude. tiger. dudetiger.

hearsay and gossip cloud every election season; reality takes the backseat. a lot of people who have already served terms know this sentiment very well, because people seeing what they want to see and hearing what they want to hear despite the facts and the evidence is just part of the gig.
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721735

rip goof, also thanks for all the questions pretty awesome!
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #721741

the goof times are over
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721743

We were goofballin' and then we were goofballin' noe moe
Last edited by conrad on Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #721745

BonChoi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:08 pm Why is it such an issue that a player would want to run for a policy making position in the server's leadership. After all, aren't they the ones that are the most effected by the changes if they have nothing else going on other than playing the game? We consistently tell people that they should code their own changes, so I see no problem in someone taking matters into their own hands if they're unhappy and changing things.
hi bonchoi
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #721763

Prussen wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:54 pm
BonChoi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:08 pm Why is it such an issue that a player would want to run for a policy making position in the server's leadership. After all, aren't they the ones that are the most effected by the changes if they have nothing else going on other than playing the game? We consistently tell people that they should code their own changes, so I see no problem in someone taking matters into their own hands if they're unhappy and changing things.
hi bonchoi
hi metafriend
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #721781

this is goofball erasure
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721782

i only hostvoted dendy because i thought goofball was going to sweep the playervote, this is a fucking disaster
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721823

No more goofing off
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #721825

kieth4 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:52 pm :twisted: Hello *smiles like the joker* [Jared Leto version]
Dropping my support for kieth4 because of this smh

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Lizardistaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #721888

dendydoom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:29 pm thanks for the reply, it's clear that you've put a lot of thought into this.

i won't comment further on what happened during the funeral itself, because as i mentioned before i consider it resolved and out of respect to those involved including kieth more discussion on this matter would require fact checking and i feel like it would be unfair to go and look at things like logs etc. i do not want to drag that into this thread.

i would be careful about saying that it is misrepresented or spiteful. as was also brought up before: there is a lot of heavy inference over things that happened in admin channels that cannot just openly be spoken about. very few people are privileged with the full story around this, and 2 of those people are the ones discussing it: kieth and shaps. shaps is a gm who has their own concerns, and in this sense they are within their right to bring that up and try to discuss it, even if it gets a little heated. i don't perceive any insults for the sake of it or outright lies, just someone who is impassioned and has something to say about their concerns with a candidate.

if similar events had happened with other candidates, whether admins or players, i would not want to police their tone around the matter either. they have a right to speak frankly and openly (as much as can be done without leaking admin channels) and people who bear witness to that type of discussion should be careful how much they let it affect their view of someone without full knowledge of the situation. i say this both to people who are supportive of kieth AND those that are critical of him. he is not a villain or a saviour. he's just a dude. tiger. dudetiger.

hearsay and gossip cloud every election season; reality takes the backseat. a lot of people who have already served terms know this sentiment very well, because people seeing what they want to see and hearing what they want to hear despite the facts and the evidence is just part of the gig.
no problem, i prefer non-halfassed exchanges during discussions as well. and yeah, i agree that this isn't really the place to go evidence-collecting.

when you say that a lot of it is related to private admin channel stuff, then that is not really something i can comment much on, but to be honest it is difficult to imagine what kind of perspective-changing context i'd be missing out on when i had seen the whole incident, and when there is no new information to be found in the appeal. to add to that, it was originally a very public ordeal, at least 20+ people participated, so it just does not seem like a situation where you need deep inside knowledge to know what had happened.

i would also expect that a resolved ban appeal would, at the very least, contain enough relevant information to give people accurate insight into the situation, especially since it is being posted to clarify his remark. despite this, none of the details in neither the appeal, nor what i'd personally experienced during the funeral paint the situation in a way where shaps' words accurately reflect what had happened.

if there really is some important missing context where the message does in fact not misrepresent the situation, then the way that shaps goes about it still does not make sense, because he makes it pretty clear he is talking about the funeral incident by linking to the appeal for it, yet in the resolved appeal, kieth himself says that he was never attacking any admin (which is true, he did in fact not direct it at any admin like how shaps is trying to make it seem). plus kieth was not even an admin at the time of this happening so it is a bit strange to say that he'd be aware of whatever happened in the admin channels.

unless you are trying to say that kieth had actually told an admin to kill themselves separate to this incident (and i am not trying to put words in your mouth here, i just genuinely cannot imagine what else you could be implying when you say that only a very few people know the full situation), but if this were the case then would the contents of the appeal not have included this information that would have been incredibly relevant to the ban that he is linking? like sure, you could say certain things can't be brought up due to privacy reasons, but then i doubt he'd even use the appeal as a clarification in the first place. i don't think he is trying to "outright lie", but it is really difficult to call his choice of words anything other than misleading.

i think it's generally fine to have an aggressive approach in a discussion even if it can be a bit provocative, but it becomes really difficult to justify it when it is done in a way that doesn't reflect the truth, because that is just unfair to the other person, and is not really the way to go about it if you want to get a proper answer either.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721893

I'm voting for Rex.

Has the priorities I like. Yes.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721902

Lizardistaken wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:44 pm respectful opinion
i can only respond to this briefly, simply because things are being added to my plate and i have less and less time to commit to this particular thread. discussions between headmins and gms tend to happen in a very special penthouse called leads, it's where the tg bigwigs converse (and argue bitterly) over their own class of issues. this channel is not shared with the regular admin bus, just the same as bus discussions are not shared with players. it's just how our organizational structure is.

i was not involved in the ruling made on kieth's appeal. it was a ban placed by a headmin, and my recollection of it (without verifying, could be wrong on this entirely) is that the discussions around it were confined mainly to the headmin's own private discussion channel. each term gets one of these, and only they get to decide who has access to it. there is not really a standard for a response to an appeal. some admins will write an essay, some will just give a "yeah, cool, unbanned" or however it goes.

my posts are mainly an attempt to walk a fine line between being fair to those who want to speak openly and honestly without having their tone policed, and also fair to those who are being confronted. the reason i'm being vague is half out of a desire to not speak for others, and half because i was not present during all of kieth's term when he interacted with shaps. i don't know what their relationship is like, or any historical issues that may have come up during his last term in the leads channel. this is the essence of the "inference" i spoke about before. it's not an attempt in any way to obfuscate or protect a particular person's right to speak over another. it's just stepping back and letting them talk it out, however loudly.

if you're interested in my unverified, not-at-all-based-on-facts-or-reality gut feeling, then it is possibly as i said before: lots of people were involved, but only one of them is running for headmin, and there are admins, players, gms, etc, who possibly feel that involvement in a situation like that is improper for someone who is going to lead the entire admin team. gms in particular often have strong feelings on conduct. once again, i respectfully refuse to pull logs in this context or posit on intent or anything at a sensitive time for people's appearances over what i consider a resolved issue, so i will not comment further on this point in particular. sorry if that's disappointing.

your stance on the situation is perfectly reasonable. if you truly believe shaps' complaints have no basis, then so be it! you should back your candidate. this goes for anyone else.
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721903

Constellado wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 pm I'm voting for Rex.

Has the priorities I like. Yes.
Thanks man! I appriciate every vote. Hope you have a great day!
Lizardistaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #721980

dendydoom wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:28 pm i can only respond to this briefly, simply because things are being added to my plate and i have less and less time to commit to this particular thread. discussions between headmins and gms tend to happen in a very special penthouse called leads, it's where the tg bigwigs converse (and argue bitterly) over their own class of issues. this channel is not shared with the regular admin bus, just the same as bus discussions are not shared with players. it's just how our organizational structure is.

i was not involved in the ruling made on kieth's appeal. it was a ban placed by a headmin, and my recollection of it (without verifying, could be wrong on this entirely) is that the discussions around it were confined mainly to the headmin's own private discussion channel. each term gets one of these, and only they get to decide who has access to it. there is not really a standard for a response to an appeal. some admins will write an essay, some will just give a "yeah, cool, unbanned" or however it goes.

my posts are mainly an attempt to walk a fine line between being fair to those who want to speak openly and honestly without having their tone policed, and also fair to those who are being confronted. the reason i'm being vague is half out of a desire to not speak for others, and half because i was not present during all of kieth's term when he interacted with shaps. i don't know what their relationship is like, or any historical issues that may have come up during his last term in the leads channel. this is the essence of the "inference" i spoke about before. it's not an attempt in any way to obfuscate or protect a particular person's right to speak over another. it's just stepping back and letting them talk it out, however loudly.

if you're interested in my unverified, not-at-all-based-on-facts-or-reality gut feeling, then it is possibly as i said before: lots of people were involved, but only one of them is running for headmin, and there are admins, players, gms, etc, who possibly feel that involvement in a situation like that is improper for someone who is going to lead the entire admin team. gms in particular often have strong feelings on conduct. once again, i respectfully refuse to pull logs in this context or posit on intent or anything at a sensitive time for people's appearances over what i consider a resolved issue, so i will not comment further on this point in particular. sorry if that's disappointing.

your stance on the situation is perfectly reasonable. if you truly believe shaps' complaints have no basis, then so be it! you should back your candidate. this goes for anyone else.
i'm not too familiar with the headmin discussion process, but that is interesting to hear. i can also understand not wanting to make even slightly partial comments at this time. i would probably do the same if i were in your position.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722413

yeah, id win
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #722414

Debates were fun
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722437

kieth is like 1 step away from getting a cult of personality around him
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #722438

did someone say cult of personality?

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #722471

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #722820

I'm debating whether to have Timberpoes or Kieth as my top pick.
What happens if someone wins both the player and the admin vote?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722822

ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 pm I'm debating whether to have Timberpoes or Kieth as my top pick.
I believe they get whichever vote they had more for then the 2nd from the opposite category gets picked
this has happened before with timber i believe
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #722824

ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 pm I'm debating whether to have Timberpoes or Kieth as my top pick.
If someone wins both votes, they are picked as the admin vote and eliminated from the player vote.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #722835

kinnebian wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:18 pm this has happened before with timber i believe
Not last election... kieth4 won the player vote, Timberpoes was the 2nd player pick and won the admin vote. If it did happen, it must've been on his first term.
NoxVS wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 pm If someone wins both votes, they are picked as the admin vote and eliminated from the player vote.
Oh, great! Thanks for letting me know.

I'll have Timberpoes as my first pick, then, and kieth4 as my second. It would be really cool if he won the admin vote and they got to team up again but we'll see. Between the two of them, I think I prefer Timberpoes. Him having to do TheBibleMelts' job on my FNR thread really solidified him as a candidate and did the opposite for TheBibleMelts.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722836

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:23 am I'll have Timberpoes as my first pick, then, and kieth4 as my second. It would be really cool if he won the admin vote and they got to team up again but we'll see. Between the two of them, I think I prefer Timberpoes. Him having to do TheBibleMelts' job on my FNR thread really solidified him as a candidate and did the opposite for TheBibleMelts.
Yeah, Timber/Kieth was a great headmin combo last time, so it would be great to see them in action again.
For me, I'm honestly resigned to losing this one- I'm just happy to sign back up as admin again and help improve where I can from there. Maybe next term I'll be worked up enough!
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #722867

Im glad I ran, I had a lotta fun during the debates and bantering with people.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #722982

Weren't the results meant to be out yesterday?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #722984

ekaterina wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:33 pm Weren't the results meant to be out yesterday?
Oranges was a day late with the poll, so its gonna end one day later too
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #722996

OH SHIT I FORGOT TO VOTE
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #722997

KIETHAMANIACS THE FIGHT IS OVER!!!!!!