you must ICly do nothing peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

you must ICly do nothing peanut thread

Post by iwishforducks » #722839

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35858

what were they supposed to do, OOCly check if their IC perceptions were correct?

and also something about the captain not being part of sec, i guess.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Re: you must ICly do nothing peanut thread

Post by britgrenadier1 » #723219

Archie700 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:27 pm And even if the captain found out the CE's not in danger when she entered the room, what then? Was she supposed to stand around as the CE fights off the heretic with his baton?
Obviously you sit there and cheer
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #723229

britgrenadier1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:27 pm
BonChoi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:43 pm
Bmon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:56 am It's for reasons like this I am willing to remove the note so long as you understand the contents of it.
"If you say uncle I'll remove the note"
Either the note is right or wrong (it’s wrong btw). An admin should never essentially say “Admit that I’m right and I’ll remove the note.”
I think the implication isn't a removal but a rewording. If they would remove the note if xzero admits they were right, I would think that would be administrative misconduct. Either the note is valid, or it isn't. If the note is incorrect but valid, you can have it reworded, but if it the note is correct but the only way to remove it is to accept that the note is correct, what was the fucking point of this entire discussion other than to bully one player into bending the knee?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #723236

I didn't take bmons wording as "say uncle and I'll remove it" so much as a "if you at least acknowledge argument I'm making and where I'm coming from with it, then I'll remove it"

still really eh note imo. I get that captains shouldn't be antag hunting too much but it felt appropriate in this situation.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #723265

I am glad it is going to headmin review.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #723269

Casual reminder that captain has a security liver
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #723273

Archie700 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:27 pm And even if the captain found out the CE's not in danger when she entered the room, what then? Was she supposed to stand around doing nothing as the CE fights off the heretic with his baton? Someone who had already attacked the HoP?
Bmon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:56 am I interpret the "defend yourself and others" part of the rule as players being able to defend others from antagonists actively trying to kill someone. The key word is defend, once it is no longer a defensive initiative it ceases to be valid.
Obviously she was supposed to just walk away when she encountered the confirmed violent heretic because she's not sec. The only time you're allowed to stop the guy who has the ability to instantly stun and kill people before they get a chance to react is when they're attacking someone (stunning and killing them before they get a chance to react).
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #723275

Drag wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:15 am Casual reminder that captain has a security liver
I actually checked that, they actually have a command liver, not a security liver (although I don't know what mechanical difference there is, if any). With that said, they have a security bank account.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #723281

Another happy landing.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #723282

Holy shit justice was swift and almost unanimous lol
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #723283

GPeckman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:52 am
Drag wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:15 am Casual reminder that captain has a security liver
I actually checked that, they actually have a command liver, not a security liver (although I don't know what mechanical difference there is, if any). With that said, they have a security bank account.
i think command really likes lizard wine
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #723289

Gotta love
>Admin holding super fucking hard on an appeal
>Unanimous decision among >FIVE HEADMINS<
Walter brought back Crack.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #723290

The ending I wanted.

Bmon looked like a stubborn person based on what I seen so it wasn't too much of a suprise to me for it to get to this end. But I am a big fan of admins being responsible for their own tickets unless a headmin review is used. Its a better to have things like this that go to completion for clarity sake.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #723295

bmon might have decent points about the intricacies of validhunting on manuel - i know he's personally been tunnelled by people who really had no right to hunt him in the past when he's played as a heretic. i think there is valuable discussion in things like this.

but in this situation too much has to be ignored for us to reduce this to a conversation strictly around the captain's role in engaging antags with security. i do not like policy-by-appeal, it's shitty for the player to experience and unfair for them to have to endure a black mark on their record while we figure out internally what we even want. the only thing this tells clara is that in future situations they should ignore IC reasoning in order to sate an OOC blanket restriction for validhunting because otherwise they might be punished. we have always told players that IC reasoning is more important than enforcing rules to the letter. this is a situation where i think it is most valuable.

it is much better in my eyes to deal with this situation as it is in a vacuum - a captain using IC information to defend a head of department in what they believed was an attack - as opposed to using it to enforce a new standard on the captain's role in fighting antags. this is better suited to policy discussion without a player stuck in limbo waiting for the outcome. that way, we can try to uncover the truth in what bmon is trying to say about validhunting standards without worrying about the fate of the player.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: