Bug exterminator gets angry with the computer, transformed into moth

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Bug exterminator gets angry with the computer, transformed into moth

Post by Timonk » #723973

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Bug exterminator gets angry with the computer, transformed into moth

Post by kinnebian » #723974

Boo!
respect (let him do his thing)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #723977

Looking at the logs a bit, it looks like they cremated an assistant (Honda Mothra, an assistant and seemingly one of the moths on the bridge/captain's office), the paramedic Riley Cavalet and the borg. It looks like they opened fire on the paramedic inside the chap's office, and cremated them because they were healing the assistant and for seemingly just being in proximity to the conflict at all and the captain dragged them into it by attacking first.

From what I can tell, this captain only got banned over the dead borg but I think he had literally no justification for killing that paramedic and cremating him either, he was literally just doing his job.

Don't get me wrong, people invading the office are asking for trouble, but to chase someone all the way into the chap's office to kill and cremate them for having been a bystander is fucked.

Edit: Also, I believe the captain is strictly wrong. The borg was flashing the invaders.
[2024-03-13 18:01:26.838] ATTACK: -/(Firelock) (mob_3379) flashed(targeted) -/(Plof) with the flash (NEWHP: 30.7) (Captain's Office (122,128,4))
[2024-03-13 18:01:32.164] ATTACK: -/(Firelock) (mob_3379) flashed(targeted) -/(Talon Mckendrick) with the flash (NEWHP: -4.2) (Captain's Office (123,131,4))
Then the captain flashed and killed it
[2024-03-13 18:01:44.463] ATTACK: Sergey Vorobiov/(Michail Fedorenko) (mob_3420) flashed -/(Firelock) with the flash (NEWHP: -1.25) (Captain's Office (120,131,4))
[2024-03-13 18:01:46.628] ATTACK: Sergey Vorobiov/(Michail Fedorenko) (mob_3420) attacked -/(Firelock) with officer's sabre (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -12.5) (Captain's Office (120,130,4))
For reasons?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #723993

getting teenaged vibes from this appeal text
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #724011

this seems like a very standard textbook dayban for cremating the paramedic.

if anything this could've been longer.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #724017

dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:51 pm this seems like a very standard textbook dayban for cremating the paramedic.

if anything this could've been longer.
I was around for this and slightly pushed for it to be longer.

But also let's talk about what happened next.

After the captain was banned I offered him up to ghosts with a healthy injection of moth mutation toxin. Once he left the bridge he was almost immediately killed by a moth ling in front of a grateful crowd, and locked in a crate in maintenance. The lings parting words "that was for the moths"
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724036

Mothed
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724046

So like did the paramedic just happen to stumble across an greytider assistant who was being manhunted to death at the worst possible moment (right before the captain burst in) or were they following them around or what?

I assume the paramedic wasnt following them around healing them while knowing they were being chased by a vengeful captain or people wouldnt be saying he should be banned for killing them too, so I guess this is just one poor doc in the wrong place at the wrong time
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #724052

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:47 am From what I can tell, this captain only got banned over the dead borg but I think he had literally no justification for killing that paramedic and cremating him either, he was literally just doing his job.
Borg deserved it. Paramedic didn't. 1-1+1 is still 1, his ban amount remains unchanged.
An Asimov borg has no business interfering with a human who is harming non-humans.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:16 pm So like did the paramedic just happen to stumble across an greytider assistant who was being manhunted to death at the worst possible moment (right before the captain burst in) or were they following them around or what?

I assume the paramedic wasnt following them around healing them while knowing they were being chased by a vengeful captain or people wouldnt be saying he should be banned for killing them too, so I guess this is just one poor doc in the wrong place at the wrong time
This paramedic absolutely could've been an accessory, you're right, but we don't really have any reason to conclude that, and round-removing him without the bare minimum investigation, if that is what happened, is still not a good look. Healing people is his job, he may not have known this guy was bad.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724084

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 am
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:16 pm So like did the paramedic just happen to stumble across an greytider assistant who was being manhunted to death at the worst possible moment (right before the captain burst in) or were they following them around or what?

This paramedic absolutely could've been an accessory, you're right, but we don't really have any reason to conclude that, and round-removing him without the bare minimum investigation, if that is what happened, is still not a good look. Healing people is his job, he may not have known this guy was bad.
Oh I dont think the paramed was doing anything bad, i was just remarking over that incredibly bad timing.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #724110

mindstormy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:07 am Sure it was a bit messy with all that was going on in your office but from what I can see the borg was just trying to prevent harm.
The borg's job isn't to "prevent harm", it's to prevent HUMAN harm. According to the appellant's account of the events, the only human present told the borg to leave, meaning the only human who could be harmed just consented to not having the borg's protection, and the borg refused to obey this law 2 command. Rule 4, borg fucked around and found out. Yeah, it's common to get rogue borgs revived and reset, but, just like you have no obligation to revive a traitor, you shouldn't have any obligation to revive a rogue borg.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #724183

ekaterina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:44 am The borg's job isn't to "prevent harm", it's to prevent HUMAN harm. According to the appellant's account of the events, the only human present told the borg to leave, meaning the only human who could be harmed just consented to not having the borg's protection, and the borg refused to obey this law 2 command. Rule 4, borg fucked around and found out. Yeah, it's common to get rogue borgs revived and reset, but, just like you have no obligation to revive a traitor, you shouldn't have any obligation to revive a rogue borg.
There's a difference between not bringing it to be revived and incinerating it so it can never be revived.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #724187

gameaddict07 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:44 am The borg's job isn't to "prevent harm", it's to prevent HUMAN harm. According to the appellant's account of the events, the only human present told the borg to leave, meaning the only human who could be harmed just consented to not having the borg's protection, and the borg refused to obey this law 2 command. Rule 4, borg fucked around and found out. Yeah, it's common to get rogue borgs revived and reset, but, just like you have no obligation to revive a traitor, you shouldn't have any obligation to revive a rogue borg.
There's a difference between not bringing it to be revived and incinerating it so it can never be revived.
Round removing antags is valid, and so is round removing self-antags.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #724188

ekaterina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:07 pm
If the captain thought the AI was malf and this was a malf borg fine. I'd be fine with that. I'm all for killing annoying borgs, I've even made a policy thread about it.

I think it's obvious from his actions that this captain did not think the AI was malf. But he RR'd the borg regardless.

Incidentally, this player has now been banned from command roles for doing basically the same thing, hours after being unbanned.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #724198

WineAllWine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:13 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:07 pm
If the captain thought the AI was malf and this was a malf borg fine. I'd be fine with that.
What makes you think he didn't? In his account, he describes the borg as disobeying law 2 orders, without any humans being harmed to override said orders, which, if true, means he is either malfunctioning, subverted, or self-antagging.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724199

RR is stinky for Borgs because you can fix their laws/rebuild them.

I wonder if there are rules about rejoining again as a positronic with the same name after your last brain got RRd.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #724201

ekaterina wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:40 am snip
I was watching.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #724226

Constellado wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:41 am I wonder if there are rules about rejoining again as a positronic with the same name after your last brain got RRd.
You can do it, but you don't remember your previous life.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #724239

fun fact this guy cremated me twice in 2 consecutive rounds yesterday
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #724376

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 am Borg deserved it. Paramedic didn't. 1-1+1 is still 1, his ban amount remains unchanged.
Now this made me think... What if we add ban tokens? Like, you do something good, you get your next ban's duration reduced XD
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #724380

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 am Borg deserved it. Paramedic didn't. 1-1+1 is still 1, his ban amount remains unchanged.
Now this made me think... What if we add ban tokens? Like, you do something good, you get your next ban's duration reduced XD
This is based. I've actually written about it, perhaps that post planted the idea in your head and you later forgot:
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 pm it should be 1 singular day, not 3. Retroactively commute this man's sentence, give him a 2 day "get out of ban free" card.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #724406

ekaterina wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:27 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm
This is based. I've actually written about it, perhaps that post planted the idea in your head and you later forgot:
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 pm it should be 1 singular day, not 3. Retroactively commute this man's sentence, give him a 2 day "get out of ban free" card.
Maybe, maybe not- I feel that could be used to diminish or cheaply reduce a fair ban- which are there for good reasons. You can ask for ban reductions with examples of good behaviour already, its just never asked. Maybe we make that more clear of an option?
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #724407

AFAIK previous behaviour is usually taken into account for a ban anyways, that being when deciding the length of one
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #724466

Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35924
6.5/10
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #724480

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 pm
6.5/10
turn on your screen so it doesnt act as a mirror
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #724484

Timonk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 pm
6.5/10
if only your thread titles were as clever as your insults
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #724486

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 pm
Timonk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 pm
6.5/10
if only your thread titles were as clever as your insults
thanks i like to use this insult in league of legends matches
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: