What is YOUR shitty specialized codebase idea

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
snailomi
Byond Username: Snailomi

What is YOUR shitty specialized codebase idea

Post by snailomi » #724463

There are a lot of other codebases out there that are more specialized to be based around or inspired by another game or franchise. Dead space 13, foundation 19, lobcorb 13, cm13, these are all cool ideas and theres things to like about each one! Now, let's throw that out. Think of a codebase based around another game that would SUCK. Give special mechanics or features that are absolutely TERRIBLE. Or just an idea for a specialized server in general, that's cool too. But dont just shit on currently extisting ones we're talking FICTIONAL or NOT CURRENTLY REAL specialized codebases
something like "dead by daylight 13 where antagonists are replaced by killers and you have to power the station to call evac... and it sucks because the meta is either the killers plasmaflood and take all comms console boards or the survivors just get an inductor, call shuttle 5 min in and keep the boards so it cant be recalled" something like THAT
I like snails
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Re: What is YOUR shitty specialized codebase idea

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #724503

what i would give for a DBD ss13 server
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #724504

ss13 pokemon would be total ass, just imagine trying to maintain that many disparate mobs and even attempt to make them all interesting
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #724505

CM but tank warfare and no xenos or automatic guns (they lag my game.)
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724506

ruststation would blow dick and nuts

my ass with the bag full of eokas
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #724508

Donglesplonge wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 pm ruststation would blow dick and nuts

my ass with the bag full of eokas
somebody, code in the ability to craft eokas
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #724514

zombie station
cdda but byond
respect (let him do his thing)
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724516

SS13 battle royale on a lavaland-sized map that has Supermatter crystals from the one delam expanding towards the center, and it has chug jugs and shotguns I can crank 90 brute shots with
Walter brought back Crack.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #724523

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:14 pm what i would give for a DBD ss13 server
i told armhulen a couple weeks ago that we should add dead by daylight palettes into maintenance. you'd be able to drop them on people and stun them that way.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #724535

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:21 am
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:14 pm what i would give for a DBD ss13 server
i told armhulen a couple weeks ago that we should add dead by daylight palettes into maintenance. you'd be able to drop them on people and stun them that way.
mfw i get palette looped by a seccie
respect (let him do his thing)
snailomi
Byond Username: Snailomi

Post by snailomi » #724537

Me playing heretic when 4 assistants pallet stun me and start spamming seclites on and off and spinflipping
I like snails
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724538

PARANOIA ss13.

The AI is always in charge but each head of staff (ULTRAVIOLET) can upload laws but NOT reset them. This can only go well.

Crew have colour-coded security clearances. These are mostly random at shift-start and you have to do what a higher-clearance crewman says. The clown can roll any security clearance.

All humans have 50% as much health but you get six clone backups.

Everyone gets a shitty mutant power and a laser.

No matter what the antag system rolls, someone always spawns as the communist.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724539

lemme tell you about fish people...
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #724540

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:37 pm No matter what the antag system rolls, someone always spawns as the communist.
No, see, EVERYONE needs to be a communist mutant traitor. See how long it takes for people to work it out and just start wholesale slaughtering each other.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #724541

High Fantasy Station. I want to see the court wizard say "Kerblamo" and then an assistant's skin instantly peels off.

Imagine security engaging in sword duels with syndicate agents on the regular, assistants drawing funny runes all over the floors and accidentally summoning demons, and we could finally get rid of the Science department
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #724542

This is a fucking terrible idea, speedmerge
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #724544

Dwarf Fortress 13. You play planetside as a horde of dwarves attempting to breach the adamantine barrier and retrieve an artifact from Hell. Antagonists are vampires, werebeasts and necromancers, midround rolls are stuff like annoying elves or attacking goblins, maybe even a dragon or other megabeast. Round ends if the Dwarven population drops below a certain threshold or the dwarves extract the artifact, allowing them to go to the surface and leave via a caravan. The antagonists are tasked with making sure no dwarf leaves the site alive.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724545

morrowindstation

i want an excuse for stun combat to exist on another server and scribs are that reason
M3hillus
Byond Username: M3hillus

Post by M3hillus » #724576

Synthstation- Silicons are the primary player race, there are a handful of humans, but they are all enslaved by the robots, either doing manual labor or sentenced to bitrun. Antagonists include bad code, rolling brownouts, human revolt, overclock burnouts, Souls trapped in the net, hypermath AI hivemind wizards, script kiddies, and 3 letter agencies.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #724579

it's a space station in space, but there are no aliens except for these plasmamen dudes who are like super alien.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #724581

oranges wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:03 am it's a space station in space, but there are no aliens except for these plasmamen dudes who are like super alien.
No mention of felinids? Who the fuck are you and what did you do to my friend oranges. I'm calling Jacinta.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #724585

if you concentrate hard you may be able to intuit that post was in fact about felinids