Peanut Wars

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Peanut Wars

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #724906

viewtopic.php?p=724902

Hey tapioca, new peanut thread from yours truly.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: Peanut Wars

Post by warbluke » #724915

Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724917

Someone doing something to piss someone else off and then ahelping the consequences is a rule one issue
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724918

I would even argue that during events like warops the stakes are way, way higher and therefore the threshold of "pissing off your fellow players" is a lot lower than it would usually be.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724933

as a dude who really only plays science the temptation to kill my own department members over stupid shit in any normal round is already really high

its warops, your ass deserves it if you hit the button to research shit that we don't need and only serves to waste time
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #724940

I am here to remind everyone once again that the science department has the worst players. In terms of coworker quality, it goes:

Service = Engineering = Cargo = Silicon > Medical = Roundstart Prisoners > Graytide > Security > Command > power gap > demilitarized zone > People who actively hate you > gulf > trench > The League of legends community > Whatever community you mistakenly believe is the most toxic community in gaming > The dead by daylight community > A rift in space > A literal ocean > Science
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #724948

They should have squared up like in Mortal Kombat before killing each other
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #724955

Too iffy to enforce. Because you know some power gamers will be crying a scientist didn't research rhe right thing
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #724957

its not even about enforcing the shit, its just a ic issue.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #724958

The crew already starts the shift with the most powerful item to attack war ops with (batong)
Non issue
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #724959

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:53 pm its not even about enforcing the shit, its just a ic issue.
Also this. But MRPmins LOOOOVE to enforce non secensical rulings
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724974

My question is at what point does wasting resources in nuke ops become a free kill for the roiling mob?

Like, if someone's carving statues with glass and metal and building a lounge instead of using it to build nukeops defenses, I think we all agree that would be insane to kill them.
But if someone spaced the entire armory then everyone would agree that it would be insane not to kill them.

Where do you draw the line on the gradient of "making the nuke op game subotimal" to "ruining the crews chances to fight back"?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #724975

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:37 pm Where do you draw the line on the gradient of "making the nuke op game subotimal" to "ruining the crews chances to fight back"?
How rare/expensive the stuff being destroyed/consumed is.
Metal is cheap, the whole station's made of it. Guns are rare - you get like 3 lasers and 3 energy guns unless you have the money to buy more.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.