me when i want to rp in the mrp server

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

me when i want to rp in the mrp server

Post by winterseasalt » #726870

am i insane for this
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: me when i want to rp in the mrp server

Post by NecromancerAnne » #726871

ye
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726872

ye
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #726875

ye

(and they call this mrp?)
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #726876

sorry, but only sane and reasonable characters are allowed on the rp server
if you want to rp on the rp server, you are insane
you are therefore excluded from the rp server

we call this the Catch-Terry-2
feedback appreciated here <3
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726879

There are mrp servers everywhere for those with eyes to see
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726881

when the psychologist who’s on payroll to ensure the mental health and stability of the crew shoots you with drugs from a syringe gun and tells you that it’s ants that there’s ants inside you there’s ants inside you there’s ants inside you
Walter brought back Crack.
winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #726886

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 pm when the psychologist who’s on payroll to ensure the mental health and stability of the crew shoots you with drugs from a syringe gun and tells you that it’s ants that there’s ants inside you there’s ants inside you there’s ants inside you
and then you get round removed for lashing out at them......... SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
► Show Spoiler
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #726887

yea...
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #726896

Me when I want to meow in the mrrp server :3c
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726899

i want to mrrp in the mrrrp server
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #726902

dragomagol wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm Image

yea...
If I see someone do this can I build mode delete medbay
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726904

If you guys genuinely think patch piles are anything that this thread is about I really don’t know what to tell you
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #726906

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm If you guys genuinely think patch piles are anything that this thread is about I really don’t know what to tell you
Why are you posting a vague finger wagging instead of actually explaining your opinion?

EDIT: The patch pile image is posted from a round where a chef was trying to do a mobile kitchen in the cubby outside of medbay. They ended up by giving up completely and threw themselves on the grill.
AKA tattle

Spoiler:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726907

Okay well to explain my opinion— there’s a growing feeling of discontent for me and a few other people that a lotta people will shut down roleplay and gimmicks and anything not wholly based upon gameplay, or otherwise act insane in-character to do crazy shit to you. The Psychologist shooting darts full of “ants” at their patient and attempting to later RR them is a real example.

I know the general response is to ahelp when you see it, and I do, but just as often I see stuff that’s completely within the rules that just feels like it shuts down what could be a far more interesting story. I apologize for vague finger-wagging, just felt a bit odd for admins to be talking about deleting patch piles when it feels like there’s a lot more to discuss than that.

I could give more specific examples if I dug up old logs and memories and stuff, but another vagueposty example is that I haven’t been permabrigged as antag in what feels like at least a hundred hours, instead being field-executed and tossed in a locker instead of Sec utilizing their plethora of nonlethal tools and ability to contain a deranged antag in favor of shutting down Le Balid.

I’m on a road trip right now but I wanna dig into this shit more— at the very least, the conversations are cathartic, even if there’s seemingly little to be done but wait for the winds to change.
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726908

Also
>chef gives up on gimmick to throw themselves on the grill because of a caramel patch pile
Very unfortunate, I hope they get the opportunity to do their gimmick again, but I think the point of this thread is more about people actively shutting you down.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #726909

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm I know the general response is to ahelp when you see it, and I do, but just as often I see stuff that’s completely within the rules that just feels like it shuts down what could be a far more interesting story. I apologize for vague finger-wagging, just felt a bit odd for admins to be talking about deleting patch piles when it feels like there’s a lot more to discuss than that.
I appreciate the well thought-out answer! I'm not on Manuel super often, there are definitely cultural issues that lead me to not want to engage with it. Obviously a patch pile isn't Manuel's biggest issue, but to me it's a symptom of a server tuned to peak efficiency at the expense of RP. This can also be things like RR'ing an antag that isn't an active threat, or refusing to engage with a shady character doing a gimmick.
AKA tattle

Spoiler:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726910

Thank you, too, for not jumping at my throat— I do agree that we’re seeing symptoms of the hyper-efficiency, I just wish I had a more worthwhile/meaningful way to personally make a difference about it.

I know I’m sure as hell guilty of a super optimal kit as a Meddoc but that’s part of the fun— and that’s part of the fun for other people, too! So, where does it start and end? I dunno; but I hope, like I said, that we see the tides turn eventually.
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #726911

we made the rp rules to loose and open
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #726912

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm Okay well to explain my opinion— there’s a growing feeling of discontent for me and a few other people that a lotta people will shut down roleplay and gimmicks and anything not wholly based upon gameplay, or otherwise act insane in-character to do crazy shit to you. The Psychologist shooting darts full of “ants” at their patient and attempting to later RR them is a real example.

I know the general response is to ahelp when you see it, and I do, but just as often I see stuff that’s completely within the rules that just feels like it shuts down what could be a far more interesting story. I apologize for vague finger-wagging, just felt a bit odd for admins to be talking about deleting patch piles when it feels like there’s a lot more to discuss than that.

I could give more specific examples if I dug up old logs and memories and stuff, but another vagueposty example is that I haven’t been permabrigged as antag in what feels like at least a hundred hours, instead being field-executed and tossed in a locker instead of Sec utilizing their plethora of nonlethal tools and ability to contain a deranged antag in favor of shutting down Le Balid.

I’m on a road trip right now but I wanna dig into this shit more— at the very least, the conversations are cathartic, even if there’s seemingly little to be done but wait for the winds to change.
you could play on baystation i hear that has milsim rp
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726914

Digging up the vid of oranges having the unlimited power of the sun beamed directly onto his mandarin dome
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726915

Blacklist897 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm we made the rp rules to loose and open
Lighter sided rules can also be the gateway to more immersive and dynamic stories— I don’t necessarily think more legislation helps us here, Blacklist. I don’t know how to go about making this all better but I do think that imposing more rules in general would immediately fix all these problems; just increase the mental checklist to ensure you’re playing the “right” way.

I’ve got faith things’ll turn around, just malding today.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #726916

Blacklist897 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm we made the rp rules to loose and open
It's interesting note that a lot of our RP rules were originally inspired (read: copied their homework) by Goon RP's ruleset, and yet, Goon RP and Manuel seem like complete opposites.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #726917

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm Digging up the vid of oranges having the unlimited power of the sun beamed directly onto his mandarin dome
https://file.house/1N5o.mp4
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #726918

i think goof had a plan for this before he was unfairly banned from the headmin election
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #726921

I think that goofballs extended RP server would have solved just about zero problems
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #726922

I’d play more on Manuel but everytime I do start playing more I rejoin the manueldiscord and then I leave the discord and stop playing Manuel for a bit. How is it that a community that I’ve had a lot of genuine fun with when I play can produce a place that just has bullying as something acceptable. Its a shame too because I think I’d play a lot more MRP if I could engage more with the community outside of the game in an actual positive space.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #726923

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 pm I’d play more on Manuel but everytime I do start playing more I rejoin the manueldiscord and then I leave the discord and stop playing Manuel for a bit. How is it that a community that I’ve had a lot of genuine fun with when I play can produce a place that just has bullying as something acceptable. Its a shame too because I think I’d play a lot more MRP if I could engage more with the community outside of the game in an actual positive space.
THATS WHAT I'M SAYIN!!!!!!!!

i'll take a check in the mail for royalties its 5 dollars
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #727051

mrmelbert wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm It's interesting note that a lot of our RP rules were originally inspired (read: copied their homework) by Goon RP's ruleset, and yet, Goon RP and Manuel seem like complete opposites.
Goon has a stricter staff team, they'll curtail behaviour they don't like and ban people they think are a net negative to the server, and despite us having more rules than Goon the same can't be said of TG's staff team.

This comparison can be made against TG with many other MRP servers: Paradise, Yogs, Bee... probably not Fulp(at least in the right way)! They all have more open-ended rules and a staff team culture that allows their admins to do what they think is best for their server.

My experience as a TG admin so far has been me scrolling through a spaghetti of rules/roleplay rules/headmin rulings all to try to justify telling someone to stop doing something lame instead of being blunt with the person and telling them to knock it off because it sucks and is bad for roleplay.

1984 As it sounds that's how those servers get higher roleplay standards.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #727053

I think that is the wrong mindset to approach the dynamic of admin. They're not a series of hammers to apply when necessary, they're guideposts to help demonstrate and coach players towards server-healthy decisions, and help foster a more enjoyable experience for everyone 'fairly'.

They're written and encouraged to be used in a way that your opinion on what could make things better, as an admin, is equally as valid as the literal written rule. So long as it doesn't directly contradict the spirit of the rule, and so long as you place yourself in the mindset of the player in as good faith an interpretation as possible, it doesn't have to be a legal battle just to tell someone not to go around remove peoples legs for fun.

Though they are a defense for players to argue in their own favour as well. Part of the role is mediation, after all. You have to remember that people may not necessarily think they overstepped a boundary.

I do not think a stricter application of the rules will help us. It may well make the rules lawyering issue worse, and may discourage improvisation.
winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #727054

bros i looked away for one moment hol up
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #727055

I think ive seen every conversation topic or mrp to lrp at this point I wanna blow my brains out over this conversation.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #727056

Go back to your corner and strangle someone homie
winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #727057

basically what i mean with this post is, infact, not about chem patches or whatever-- but mostly about how the mrp server feels so full of lrp?
not to say i have anything against lrpers, but it often feels like if you rp in manuel, you'll usually end up weirdly punished for it, primarily as antag
there are many times when i as antag have attempted to rp and end up RR'd as a result, and im told 'well thats valid because youre an antag'. which i mean yeah but man it sucks i want to rp on the mrp server is that really that crazy bros
even if im not antag i often feel punished for rping by others who dont give a fuck about rping
dragomagol wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm I appreciate the well thought-out answer! I'm not on Manuel super often, there are definitely cultural issues that lead me to not want to engage with it. Obviously a patch pile isn't Manuel's biggest issue, but to me it's a symptom of a server tuned to peak efficiency at the expense of RP. This can also be things like RR'ing an antag that isn't an active threat, or refusing to engage with a shady character doing a gimmick.
i think this very well describes one of my biggest issues. i dont really have any problem with chem piles becuase ive seen them on sybil too, but super early antag removal is a huge problem (imo)
most people just go 'anteg bad kill anteg' even if said antag is actively trying to create a story or rp, or has hardly done anything. even not from an rp perspective, antags are what make the game INTERESTING and spice it up. whenever theres greenshifts or white dwarfs, people scream 'NOOOO BORIIIIIING' yet if youre antag you will have blood hounds after you and you are just Gone from the round before you can get a thing done

tl;dr i just want to rp on the mrp server, esp as antag
► Show Spoiler
winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #727058

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am I think ive seen every conversation topic or mrp to lrp at this point I wanna blow my brains out over this conversation.
hold on your username is 'jonathan' gupta i thought it was 'jonaTHON' gupta?? hm????
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #727059

winterseasalt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am I think ive seen every conversation topic or mrp to lrp at this point I wanna blow my brains out over this conversation.
hold on your username is 'jonathan' gupta i thought it was 'jonaTHON' gupta?? hm????
and a lot of my rounds I played Johnathan Gupta, not a big difference
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #727060

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am I think that is the wrong mindset to approach the dynamic of admin. They're not a series of hammers to apply when necessary, they're guideposts to help demonstrate and coach players towards server-healthy decisions, and help foster a more enjoyable experience for everyone 'fairly'.

They're written and encouraged to be used in a way that your opinion on what could make things better, as an admin, is equally as valid as the literal written rule. So long as it doesn't directly contradict the spirit of the rule, and so long as you place yourself in the mindset of the player in as good faith an interpretation as possible, it doesn't have to be a legal battle just to tell someone not to go around remove peoples legs for fun.

Though they are a defense for players to argue in their own favour as well. Part of the role is mediation, after all. You have to remember that people may not necessarily think they overstepped a boundary.

I do not think a stricter application of the rules will help us. It may well make the rules lawyering issue worse, and may discourage improvisation.
if it's not stricter enforcement how are other MRP servers facilitating a higher standard of roleplay? I mostly believe it is admin enforcement but I am open to hearing another opinion.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #727062

I remember when you got mad when people called you out on your own behavior in the Discord that included examples such as building combat mechs as a robo and in one round following someone around.

I wonder if this conversation is going to descend into the same "all of you people suck and this place sucks" mentality you held on the Discord after you got weirdly political in one of your posts.

Either way I understand your frustrations to a point but I think you should try to level your own contributions to the roleplay or lack-thereof and try to find a way to personally enjoy playing the game through your own means.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #727063

BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am I remember when you got mad when people called you out on your own behavior in the Discord that included examples such as building combat mechs as a robo and in one round following someone around.

I wonder if this conversation is going to descend into the same "all of you people suck and this place sucks" mentality you held on the Discord after you got weirdly political in one of your posts.

Either way I understand your frustrations to a point but I think you should try to level your own contributions to the roleplay or lack-thereof and try to find a way to personally enjoy playing the game through your own means.
i have no idea who this is referring to, i think i know but are they even in this thread?
► Show Spoiler
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #727064

winterseasalt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 am
BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am I remember when you got mad when people called you out on your own behavior in the Discord that included examples such as building combat mechs as a robo and in one round following someone around.

i have no idea who this is referring to, i think i know but are they even in this thread?
No I'm just fucking stupid

My bad lmao

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #727065

It's 5am here and I just woke up and mistook your identity with someone who got really, really stupid in the same conversation on the discord lol

winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #727066

BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am It's 5am here and I just woke up and mistook your identity with someone who got really, really stupid in the same conversation on the discord lol
youre good lol
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727069

mrerp mrrp mrrrrrp
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #727070

this is a "grass is always greener" type of situation where we've never been able to truly figure it out and it's just sort of a natural point of contention for the game. i've heard this complaint forever across every community and it's never really gone away.

there is an inherently competitive aspect to antagonists v crew and in the end someone must lose. we try to strike a balance with the rp rules being proportionate in response to restricted antags, but this requires admins to read where the needle is on what people want and how strict they can be with enforcement. generally i respect admins who are making informed rulings with all of the context, and only really question rulings where there might be some unknown element that they hadn't considered that might change their view on it.

cutting through that and just being arbitrarily draconian with the rules just turns people away all the same. case in point being all of the old very intense threads about people catching notes and bans from security for "over-escalation" against antagonists. in those threads people were similarly getting very angry that sec weren't allowed to retaliate and had to always hold back against rampant antagonists doing whatever they wanted.

there is no perfect answer and i'm sorry that sometimes you have a bad round, i would make the game perfect for you if i could. we try to be as accommodating as possible to as many playstyles as possible but sometimes it's just part of the dice roll when you choose to participate that things might just fucking suck today. hopefully they are better the next time.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727072

there is no green grass on MRP servers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727073

i would much rather have mrrrp meow servers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #727098

Bmon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am
NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am I think that is the wrong mindset to approach the dynamic of admin. They're not a series of hammers to apply when necessary, they're guideposts to help demonstrate and coach players towards server-healthy decisions, and help foster a more enjoyable experience for everyone 'fairly'.

if it's not stricter enforcement how are other MRP servers facilitating a higher standard of roleplay? I mostly believe it is admin enforcement but I am open to hearing another opinion.
Player culture. Kinda like how Sybil was mrp-esque before Manuel existed despite there not being any rules to enforce it. Bagil was the fight zone. Much as I love y’all I think admins have comparatively little influence on how a server “feels” to play. It’s the people playing there (Which are admins too, not saying y’all don’t play).
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #727104

Our RP rules do very little to mandate roleplay and our admins have only limited direct power to force players to perform "classical" roleplay.

When I redrafted the RP rules, that lack of mandated RP was by design. The goal wasn't for making a super high effort RP server where players had to be constantly micromanaged by admins. It was to maximise the chances for meaningful interactions. The best part of SS13 is when you're interacting with other players or when they're interacting with you. It's how stories build. Friendships. Rivalries.

Rather than trying to out-RP other codebases and servers, our MRP tries to out-SS13 them. That RP mantra tries to play into the utter absurdity of the setting rather than for everyone to act like real life office drones aboard a real life space station.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727110

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm Our RP rules do very little to mandate roleplay and our admins have only limited direct power to force players to perform "classical" roleplay.

When I redrafted the RP rules, that lack of mandated RP was by design. The goal wasn't for making a super high effort RP server where players had to be constantly micromanaged by admins. It was to maximise the chances for meaningful interactions. The best part of SS13 is when you're interacting with other players or when they're interacting with you. It's how stories build. Friendships. Rivalries.

Rather than trying to out-RP other codebases and servers, our MRP tries to out-SS13 them. That RP mantra tries to play into the utter absurdity of the setting rather than for everyone to act like real life office drones aboard a real life space station.
tldr mrrrp server when
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #727120

Bmon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am

Goon and the some of the rest don't have stricter enforcement, they have more random, arbitrary, and unpredictable enforcement that creates a culture of fear that causes people to over correct on trying to not run afoul of their rules and admins. Where as we use rules and admin interactions as a corrective/teaching/coaching force, they use rules and admin interactions as a pruning or curating force to remove people often on some of their first offenses for failing the knowledge check of being able to mind read how the admins view things.

/tg/Station was originally created by people who were sick of goon's arbitrary vibe/idon'tlikeyou based enforcement of the """rules""" where somebody acting in good faith had very little way of knowing if doing any given action would get them banned. Its why we have the highest standards of admin conduct and why we have so little drama that leaves the community and stinks up the digg.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: