Your favorite in round lore developments

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Your favorite in round lore developments

Post by EmpressMaia » #729044

I know alot of people that love to make lore for characters and then implement that ingame. But I prefer when lore develops naturally from events in rounds. Be it making something up on the spot or your character developing trauma from intense action

What are your favorite instances of this?

I think mine is maia roentgen having an intense hatred of spiders because in one of my first rounds they witnessed their boss be dragged away by them while screaming in agony
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Re: Your favorite in round lore developments

Post by mrmelbert » #729047

Once I accidentally bit into a nanite pizza and got turned into a cyborg. Then I underwent reverse surgery, being deconstructed and having my MMI ripped out to be put back into a human body. I took this opportunity to soft reboot my character by giving them memory loss and making them hyper-fixated on the lawset they were given as a cyborg (paladin, iirc).
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #729054

mrmelbert wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:20 pm Once I accidentally bit into a nanite pizza and got turned into a cyborg. Then I underwent reverse surgery, being deconstructed and having my MMI ripped out to be put back into a human body. I took this opportunity to soft reboot my character by giving them memory loss and making them hyper-fixated on the lawset they were given as a cyborg (paladin, iirc).
Oh that's awesome. Did they become a chaplain of the paladin sect?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #729055

when i murdered someone
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #729056

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:15 pm Oh that's awesome. Did they become a chaplain of the paladin sect?
No,I mostly just started roleplaying them as very self-righteous, uptight, and protective of the crew. (Security / Medical / Command)
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #729059

dean ivanov (bdudy) survived being teleported to the abandoned satellite, repressurized it before dying, and camped out for 30 minutes until we teleported someone through who had a hand teleporter. he returned to the station and ratted out our operation and came to kill us and as he strangled me to death next to the teleporter contraption all i could do was scream "HOW!! HOW DID YOU SURVIVE!! HOOOWWWWW!!"

he had an rcd and we forgot to remove the air canister
Spoiler:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #729060

tbm has a very cool character that does this atm, i won't spoil the lore because it's clever and he should get to explain it

the in-joke with my character is that they're aware they're on a tv show and will sometimes break the fourth wall, there's an entire meta-plot we have going on with manuel where we're all just trying to get by producing endless tv episodes for a studio that hates us.

some of my favourite gags from this have been little things like carrying around a "script" for the "episode" on my person for people to find (full of my lines) and recognizing other "actors" from other ic "tv shows"

it's so stupid
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
xzero314
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #729062

One time somebody pointed out I was covered in oil after the RDS fire hallucination. I had taken RDS in the first place due to a bit of a storyline, so this tiny blurb about being covered in something flammable lead to even further lore progression.
ImageImageImageImage
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #729066

My main static, Jane, has lore of being a Xeno survivor. For a good like, fifty rounds when I first started playing her, every time xenos were even MENTIONED she'd be a fucking wreck. Angry, terrified, depressed, or any mix of the three depending on if they were real or not. One time a Xeno was opening the door and I was typing out as many terrified expletives as I could.

Eventually, I got a bit tired of this- it was well and fun, but I like to have more agency in the round than "avoid threat at all costs and barely fight back when it's barrelling down on you." Thankfully, she'd had a few impromptu sessions talking about it with other characters- all during rounds, all consoling or encouraging her when she was a fucking wreck.

All this leads into a round where Command was shotty, Robotics was a mess, and the Xeno egg hatched and xenos were freed due to mismanagement. I got my hands on riot armor and a gun, as they were being freely distributed- and I decided that this was it.

I got into a fucking Ripley and had the movie duel with the GODDAMN QUEEN.

I hopped out as the Ripley got low, because if I had stayed in the stun would've guaranteed my death, and then the much more powerful laser on my belt did a far better job dissuading the Queen than the Ripley did with all of it's XERO WEAPONRY. Jane chased the Queen to a corner, unloading her laser gun, eventually going down to some random piece of junk in my backpack, BEATING on the carapace, still oozing acid, kicking and jabbing at any less armored part it had, until it let out its final screech.

The Roboticist that'd come to back me up came way too late, walking in on me beating the corpse over and over again, and awkwardly shrugged and went to hunt down the rest of the Xenos. In the end, I was nearly stranded on station, spending the rest of the shift burning eggs and weeds until the very last second. And that's how my character's Xenophobia was cured!
Walter brought back Crack.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #729096

Ronnie Biscuits likes to get drunk and discuss the idea that the station is actually a simulation, his proof being that nobody on the station can describe the ceiling tiles or indeed show him one. He is vaguely paranoid of NT and thinks the station is nothing more than an experiment and social project for the entertainment of the elites. His proof is that somehow, despite all the murders, death, back-stabbery and mayhem, the very same people who were trying to kill him on one shift are for some reason reasonably friendly the next shift.
Also his scars are persistent and proof that he's not imagining the absolute horrors that take place round to round, shift to shift.

Pure PTSD and Paranoia, because of course NT wouldn't build an illogical death trap full of health and safety issues.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #729097

Alastor's never had a good run-in with a clown before, so he thinks they're all nerds and bullies them on the regular. He also had a round where sec forcibly implanted him because there was a revolution going on and generally holds that against security as a whole.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #729124

like 90% of my initial chef interaction experiences as a botanist were just chefs barking out order names in all caps and being extremely demanding so now when chefs are rude he pretends he only understands felind so they give up and go away. out of curiosity I also tried testing this out on the polite ones and generally they'd take the time to act out what they wanted, show me the seeds, etcetc. while the ones that are clearly not interested in RPing and are just trying to get their OOC chef grind on as soon as possible will give up near instantly

a few times i had people actually bother to get another felind to translate and i had to tell them in felind "i actually do know common i was just pretending to only speak fellind to get rid of them..."
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #729461

About 60% of my entire character.

There is a reason Volkan Magna is afraid of bluespace.

Bluespace is sentient.

It sees everything.

Knows everything.

A lot of Volkan's lore came from admin events and/or interactions with other players in rounds. Most things that happens in rounds I keep canon, so as a result the more I play the more lore he has! It's so easy.

The rest of the lore is in lore thread RP but I think non manuelites find that idea cringe, so I will not talk about it. It's cooler than you think, really!

(Edit holy fuck I hope you didn't see one of the edits I did. Fuck typos.)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Post by CursedBirb » #729530

Coma bears the title of witch due to her chemical works. When assuming role of chemist she must wear witch clothes otherwise cap will burn on the stake again. If cap will want she has to go get her job title changed to witch
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #729532

CursedBirb wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:16 pm Coma bears the title of witch due to her chemical works. When assuming role of chemist she must wear witch clothes otherwise cap will burn on the stake again. If cap will want she has to go get her job title changed to witch
if i ever see you i will make you wear a maid outfit instead
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
snailomi
Byond Username: Snailomi

Post by snailomi » #729763

One of my characters, Platinum XCIV, is entirely built off of in round lore developments. Starting off as a plasmaman, they were turned into a felinid during an admin event where a ferry shop came in selling a katana, and I was turned into a felinid in order to get a discount so I could afford the katana. Since that round I've been playing them as a felinid and I never pass the opportunity to tell this story ICly.

The character I play most, Meryl Sierpenski, has had quite a bit of developments, though not all IC. She started off as a character born from a mime tot round I had, imprisoned in perma after being pushed over the edge by clowns and murdering a ton of them on a station with a clown overflow and clown AI. She renounced her mimery after the incident and began to speak, though through whispers due to the many years of not speaking making her vocal chords very weak and tarnished. Over the rounds she spoke, she eventually did gain her voice back. As she got released from perma and began to move on in her life working other jobs, she sort of repressed her past as a mime and her disdain for clowns, eventually becoming like a phobia to her. She overcame this phobia through a few rounds where she was forced to be a clown (by my job priorities) and had some very nice people trying to help instead of just making fun of her for being the clown with a clown phobia. Now I don't have to buy two psicodine pill bottles to play her as captain!! yippee!!
I like snails