[COMPLAINT] [ Lewdcifer] ZeeThh

Post by Hoolny » #729063

b]BYOND account:[/b] Hoolny

Character name: ZeeThh

Admin in question: Lewdcifer

When did it take place: Thu May 23, 2024 6:32 pm #729049

Round ID in which ban was placed: within the forums

Evidence: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=36156

Your side of the story: Extremly poor reasoning and show of evidence within their handling of a forum response to a ban appeal, brings forth external unrelated events in order to justify a ban applied by them without supplying sufficient evidence or backing to their claims.

Rejects the ability for the person doing the ban appeal to defend themselves fully taking any ground for representation of their case, I don't think this is proper behavior of someone that holds the power to decide matters that are of the upmost importance within the structure rules under.

I will only highlight a single instance of this behavior and not overcrowd this post.

"None of this is false, and you only need to look at your notes history for that." 

That's their statement, while the ban reason is the following:

"Quality role ban from T4 xenos: refuses to listen to other leader xenos, doing bad summons as King and bad psypoint purchases. Multiple warnings, player still does it anyway."

The claim being made is that after multiple warnings, my behavior has continued to be the same, as highlighted by the comment "Player still does it anyway." Their comment to the ban appeal is, "None of this is false." Their reference to it being my note history and my conduct on other servers.

To begin with, the notes were taken in the past and are not a show of my current behavior. They highlighted the fact that I was warned in the past, so I should've changed my behavior. They are entirely ignoring that and going as if the warnings are reason enough—no, the warnings are warnings—so I can learn from my mistakes, which I did. If not, then what is the purpose of the warnings? They are unjustly using notes as an attempt to have evidence when I don't believe they do. If they did, they should've shown logs of my continued behavior.

The second piece of evidence they bring forth is my behavior in other servers, none of the servers I had misconduct in are even comperable to this server and my misconducted is not related to playing T4 xenos for obivious reasons the servers I've played on are not part of the Xeno vs Marine brand, its not really translatable if it was it would be to an over arching thing and not just getting banned of t4, this is because the evidence isn't about so they just cheaply putted in a statement with no evidence called it a day gave me no leeway to respond and heavily rellied on the general public to not really care and support them do to my actions within my past, leading to me being looked at favorably.

This shouldn't be a popularity contest; admins should do as the rules say per their task and the power they are given. If it is the case that this is a popularity contest and the admins get away with what they want, then I guess it is just that way, but I think I am being reasonable by raising a complaint about this behavior.

I also bring the fact that I changed my xeno name and I have received 0 complaints whatsoever and the fact that I hadent received complaints in a while when playing other xeno casts and even t4, a lot of players tend to be lets be frank desingeniunes and trolls that usually is festered upon most online communities so I wouldn't recommend taking their words at face value.
minimeatwad
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: MiniMeatwad

Re: [COMPLAINT] [ Lewdcifer] ZeeThh

Post by minimeatwad » #729095

I've not seen your notes here and only witnessed your behavior myself, so just to give comment; By what I know, people were dissing your behavior because they wanted you to be more cordial, and I think; for you to have some tact. It's expected that you being told to "Stop griefing as T4" means you would listen to players when they argue in lieu of what they believe to be better for the team, to properly deal with the consequences of people expecting worse of you by doing what people tell you to do, shifting blame by playing through their suggestion even as it goes wrong, which is acting in good faith.

As for your notes on other servers, which I've seen before, they're surprisingly relevant to your behavior on here, mainly your attitude towards the rules and what you find to be 'good behavior'; It's understandable yes, this is a complicated game, you'll figure it out sooner if you Adminhelp before doing something you think might get you in trouble, especially if it involves harming other players in some way, whether perceived or factual. I think a little good faith goes a long way.

If you genuinely don't understand, think it'd potentially break the rules, or just want clarification, Adminhelping will save you the trouble of breaking the rules. You can also hold them accountable by putting in your due diligence using screenshots of their rulings, and at least save the round ID containing the conversation (they're relevant to log collecting); Don't make it obnoxious though, if you rules lawyer nobody will give you any leniency and you'll probably trip over Rule 7. If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken. Cover your ass, admittedly it's pretty difficult for admins to do it for you.

If you don't have a screenshot program, I personally use: https://getsharex.com/
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [COMPLAINT] [ Lewdcifer] ZeeThh

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #729178

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a complaint.
Extremly poor reasoning and show of evidence within their handling of a forum response to a ban appeal, brings forth external unrelated events in order to justify a ban applied by them without supplying sufficient evidence or backing to their claims.
The evidence in question would be the several notes you've acquired in the past for poor leadership in T4 castes, all of which are acessible to you with a single click of a button ingame, posting them in the appeal would be a useless endeavour considering you can access them at any time.
Rejects the ability for the person doing the ban appeal to defend themselves fully taking any ground for representation of their case, I don't think this is proper behavior of someone that holds the power to decide matters that are of the upmost importance within the structure rules under.
Your entire defence in your appeal was "this is false (it is true, and you have to only need to look at your notes to see that) and i don't think the thing i got banned for should be a bannable offense", it is quite literally impossible for them to "reject the ability for the person to defend themselves" considering you are the one that initiates the ban appeal in the first place and, therefore, can choose how you'd like to defend yourself.
To begin with, the notes were taken in the past and are not a show of my current behavior. They highlighted the fact that I was warned in the past, so I should've changed my behavior. They are entirely ignoring that and going as if the warnings are reason enough—no, the warnings are warnings—so I can learn from my mistakes, which I did. If not, then what is the purpose of the warnings? They are unjustly using notes as an attempt to have evidence when I don't believe they do. If they did, they should've shown logs of my continued behavior.
Notes are notes, they highlight you've screwed up in the past, so that if you screw up again in the same way, we can look back and see you haven't changed. Notes should not be relied on fully when nothing else has happened, but in this case, your incompetence as a T4 ruler that led to your ban goes to show your behaviour hasn't changed, even if you say it did.
The second piece of evidence they bring forth is my behavior in other servers, none of the servers I had misconduct in are even comperable to this server and my misconducted is not related to playing T4 xenos for obivious reasons the servers I've played on are not part of the Xeno vs Marine brand, its not really translatable if it was it would be to an over arching thing and not just getting banned of t4, this is because the evidence isn't about so they just cheaply putted in a statement with no evidence called it a day gave me no leeway to respond and heavily rellied on the general public to not really care and support them do to my actions within my past, leading to me being looked at favorably.
They specifically disregarded this with "nevermind the bans you've got on other servers for misconduct" and then proceeded to explain what actually got you banned.
This shouldn't be a popularity contest; admins should do as the rules say per their task and the power they are given. If it is the case that this is a popularity contest and the admins get away with what they want, then I guess it is just that way, but I think I am being reasonable by raising a complaint about this behavior.
It is not.
I also bring the fact that I changed my xeno name and I have received 0 complaints whatsoever and the fact that I hadent received complaints in a while when playing other xeno casts and even t4, a lot of players tend to be lets be frank desingeniunes and trolls that usually is festered upon most online communities so I wouldn't recommend taking their words at face value.
Not counting this ban, you've received 3 other notes about this same behaviour since the start of the year (https://gyazo.com/68bae5646a9d23aab2eafe9c9a8af950), we are not taking anyone's words at face value, this is just facts.

With all of the above mind, I am going to deny this complaint.