vibe check

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

vibe check

Post by PapaMichael » #729262

how have the rounds been
i feel like the ceiling's been rising the past few months (good rounds feel more frequent and of higher quality than before) but the mediocre meh rounds haven't really budged in quality
(on manny, for the record)
i have no idea why i think this or if it tracks any real server phenomena
how about the rest of you
Like my admining? Feedback here!
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Re: vibe check

Post by PapaMichael » #729263

PapaMichael wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:41 pm i have no idea why i think this or if it tracks any real server phenomena
actually manny got a shitton of new mins recently huh
that tracks
Like my admining? Feedback here!
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #729265

i been feelin it, good rounds but much less frequently playing - and the recent crop of newmins are doing great, show some love to our current trialies

I also think Manny in general has just been a lot more chill recently - see people running with bits more often, more conflict having good buildup.

feels good man
feedback appreciated here <3
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #729278

PapaMichael wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:41 pm how have the rounds been
i feel like the ceiling's been rising the past few months (good rounds feel more frequent and of higher quality than before) but the mediocre meh rounds haven't really budged in quality
(on manny, for the record)
i have no idea why i think this or if it tracks any real server phenomena
how about the rest of you
Been big chilling in 2019 servers. Everything takes a while.. but crazy how rewarding and absolutely awful it is too.
An average yellow rock hater and the main reason you may get your shuttle recalled.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #729281

I think I've discussed this to death both on the forums and Discord, but I had soooo many issues with how things were a couple of months ago to now that just felt kinda awful in between the rounds that ruled. Some of that's still there, but it's the FLOOR- the overall quality has gone up immeasurably, and I think that's due to player acclimatization (culture shock and then culture melting pot reaching a good mix) as well as our wonderful newmins.

I love Manny, and the rounds I've played recently have been really really excellent. I love some of our new players who seem to have sprung fully formed from Zeus' head, playing believable and entertaining characters, and especially how all the "old cast" is integrating with the new.
Walter brought back Crack.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #729300

Man I need to play on manuel more. I have been ending up doing other things recently, not because the game is not fun, I have been having fun when I do play! It's just the players I loved playing with have been playing less at the time of day I play (or playing on TGMC instead) so I have less motivation.
I want to meet the new players and see them grow I love that.

Ah it's too late in the day to play a round now...
tomorrow.
maybe
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler