Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DemonFiren » #75645

Bottom post of the previous page:

Give it a short range and ensure it's not spammable, kthx.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #75656

the visual of security literally dogpiling onto criminal scum is hilarious.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #75665

MMMiracles wrote:the visual of security literally dogpiling onto criminal scum is hilarious.
Dogpiling needs to be more effective when more the one person is dogpiling.
Also, dogpiling/tackling should be more effective for (Roundstart) Security officers. The reason could be training.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #75728

Hardcurity when
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #75782

Allohsnackbar wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:the visual of security literally dogpiling onto criminal scum is hilarious.
Dogpiling needs to be more effective when more the one person is dogpiling.
Also, dogpiling/tackling should be more effective for (Roundstart) Security officers. The reason could be training.
When I was thinking of HARDCURITY, my idea for the mechanic was

-Target had to already be on the ground
-Clicking on someone on the ground with the disarm intent would make you dogpile on top of them
-If someone has dogpiled on top of you, you could not get up until you resisted out of it
-You have a 50% chance of escaping with every attempt at resisting, with a 1.5 second cooldown on attempts
-After the initial 50% chance upon the first person dogpiling on you, each additional person who dogpiles on you decreases your chance to escape by another 15% and increases the cooldown between attempts by another second.
-The victim is completely stunned while they are dogpiled, the can only try to resist out of it. The dogpilers are free to use whatever they want (cuffs, batons, etc.) while dogpiled.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76256

Add a /me command to NRC, for all your ERP in IC needs.

If this does exist, my apologies, I've missed it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #76270

IF dismemberment ever happens, add in some way to add augments from your corpse much faster.

OR just make augments different anyway, and make them faster to add to someone before that. They're fun enough and they're really underused.
rexagon
Byond Username: Rexagon

Post by rexagon » #76395

Give the detective a full-body forensic scanner, allows him to see how many times a body part was hit, and at what time in station time. The idea is that, with MATHEMATICS, the detective can figure out what kind of weapon was used, and if that damage is related to something else.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76410

Make it a stationary machine and that would be awesome, it would actually give the autopsy room in meta a use.

Do you think it would be unbalanced if the forensic scanner could pick up soap/cleaner residue in things that have been cleaned of prints/fibers? Maybe just a 50% chance of it being left behind?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76414

A stationary scanner should probably pick that up.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76419

I was thinking more in terms of airlocks and floors, but even just being able to tell on weapons/tools/bottles would be nice. I wish we had autopsies like bay does, where you operate on the corpse and a scanner tells you what sort of item was used to harm each area. It would be useful without dicking over traitors, and allow me to banter with the HoS about autopsy reports and stuff.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76428

Using an air-horn (research item, requires min. 500 bananium) on someone, targetting the head and with them not wearing ear protection should result in a brief knockdown and some deafitude.
Because they're not annoying enough yet.

Also, huffing from air horns to commit suicide, y/y? http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/2 ... /120619896

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #76723

How about a variety of interesting and/or silly statistics collected during and displayed at the end of every round?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76769

'The clown honked 463 times thus shift'

'There were more clowns than traitors on the shuttle'

'Cargo accumulated a maximum of 1500 points thus round.

There were more corpses than crew on the shuttle.

The captain prevented anyone from breaking the case on his laser this rlund.

Security set no arrest records this round.

There were more corpses than traitors on the shuttle'
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #76774

Something /vg/ has had for a while, although still broken in some aspects. Its a nice touch.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #76869

Escape pods should have an option to manually eject if the situation calls for it(i.e code delta shits about to go boom).

Mostly for the last-second interaction with nuke op/malf survivors trying to shove each other out of the way so they can get a pod and get the fuck out before the nuke goes off.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76883

Yeah but how do you handle a traitor who steals the hand tele and launches a pod?

Does he greentext?

If so, what happens to him?
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #76885

I think he means that if a Code Delta is declared, a person can then chose to launch a Escape Pod.

Which makes sense somewhat, it won't interferer with normal traitor rounds as Code Delta only occurs in Malf or during Nuke Ops when the nuke is armed.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76886

Or when the badmins are getting funky, but I see your point.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76973

People GTFOing when everything is blowing up makes sense...

...provided they don't pull the Ops' nuke onto the escape pod.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #76978

DemonFiren wrote:...provided they don't pull the Ops' nuke onto the escape pod.
The OPs should get a double win for nuking central command then.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76982

Except pods go on a pickup shuttle.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #76985

Oh right, they do. Well shit.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #76988

I thought the nuke had an anchor option once active? more of the OP's fault if someone manages to grab the thing and shoot it off in an escape pod at that point.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
katastic

Post by katastic » #77209

Don't know if this has been posted before but, we have custom fonts now, and bold is used for yelling, so why not allow people to use italics in say for emphasis.

So you could write:

Say "I don't think you mean /that/ do you?"

Which would be:

Katastic says, "I don't think you mean that do you?"
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #77220

I feel like the bloodtrails could use some improvement now that there is finite blood in bodies. It's very weird seeing half the corridors painted red from a single person being dragged to medbay and then it turns out that they didn't even lose enough blood to require a blood transfusion.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #77322

Tokiko2 wrote:I feel like the bloodtrails could use some improvement now that there is finite blood in bodies. It's very weird seeing half the corridors painted red from a single person being dragged to medbay and then it turns out that they didn't even lose enough blood to require a blood transfusion.
Bloodtrails didn't cause bloodloss when blood was implemented because Paprika didn't want people to be able to injure people massively by dragging them and running circles around a room.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #77334

I think Tokiko's point is that there should be less blood dragged behind, rather than bloodloss increasing to reflect the current blood trails
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #77345

Bodies should only really leave behind trails if they're actively bleeding or dragged in/from a tile with a blood decal - which would decrease the blood level from that tile and add it to the other when it smears.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #77715

iamgoonball is currently giving effects the ability to hold reagents, so I assume blood splatters/trails will be reagant-based eventually.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #77729

Uhhh... didn't we turn that off because viro blood was causing monumental lag?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77829

Malkevin wrote:Uhhh... didn't we turn that off because viro blood was causing monumental lag?
Yep, all the blood full of viruses would blow up the server.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #77911

Yes, and it was the viruses doing it, they tried to spread like, constantly, which for some stupid reason uses A* for what is either a 1 or 2(with symptoms) tile distance.
With him making them reagents based, I don't believe he's adding viruses back to them, so it's fine.
私は完璧
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #78007

pizza bomb traitor item, its trap bomb disguised as box of pizza, when it is opened it goes boom.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #78026

Already possible I believe, if mouse traps work with pizza boxes?
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #78074

Add black sacks, which can be put on the headslot when empty, which hide your identity and make you blind. I just want to have 3 traitors on the shuttle and throw em out the shuttle.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #78252

i'm a fan
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #78356

Would it be possible for the robotics counter to have two sliding windows, so it's not as easy for random schlubs to barge in and yell "BORG MEEEEEEE"?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #78544

katastic wrote:Don't know if this has been posted before but, we have custom fonts now, and bold is used for yelling, so why not allow people to use italics in say for emphasis.

So you could write:

Say "I don't think you mean /that/ do you?"

Which would be:

Katastic says, "I don't think you mean that do you?"
not possible, at least not for single words.
sorry.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #78566

EndgamerAzari wrote:Would it be possible for the robotics counter to have two sliding windows, so it's not as easy for random schlubs to barge in and yell "BORG MEEEEEEE"?
player interaction or something
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #78601

420weedscopes wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Would it be possible for the robotics counter to have two sliding windows, so it's not as easy for random schlubs to barge in and yell "BORG MEEEEEEE"?
player interaction or something
The only kind of interaction this encourages is toolboxing. I swear to God, people just climb in and start harassing roboticists at round fucking start. Most of the time they don't even bother to ask, they just climb in and run over to the fabricator and start queuing shit.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #78609

If only Mech fabricators had ID locks...OH WAIT, they were REMOVED!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #78614

Better: remove table climbing, the map was designed with them being obstacles in mind
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #78700

Little gimmicky toy for traitors: ocular tracking implant
Comes in a box with a visor disguised as a medical hud or sunglasses, a video screen, and four implants. The hud lets you see who has visual implants as well as what type they are. The implants themselves work instantly and display no message (or perhaps a message that's subtle). Once implanted, you can use the video screen (which resembles an assistant's PDA) to select the implanted person of your choice and see through their eyes. Perfect for casing a department, tracking security, and taking advantage of people with x-ray or thermal vision.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78865

Maaaybe add a gladius to the AutoDrobe's coin-restricted menu. 15 damage, maybe 20.
Because what point is there running around full legionnaire style, shield and all, without a sword?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #79151

Make it so you can see the tip of a burning cigarette in pitch darkness, it will help me look stylish while roughing up criminals in dark maintenance tunnels.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #79266

Jacough wrote:Perfect for casing a department
good thing i made this

http://turd.church/ss13/shit-i-made/misc/imgoku.dmi
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #79302

2Homu might literally have a stroke out of excitement if it gets merged
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #79423

Toxins needs a set of blast doors to help contain fires. The grill/glass breaks and it spills out into the halls. Given that most toxins fires are an accident, it would not hinder antagonists, who would not want to destroy the place that helps them get more bombs.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #79494

I agree, that's an excellent point. At the very least a set of shutters like robotics that can come down where windows are broken, and also potentially hide someone being sneaky in toxins.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #79511

Gun Hog wrote:Toxins needs a set of blast doors to help contain fires. The grill/glass breaks and it spills out into the halls. Given that most toxins fires are an accident, it would not hinder antagonists, who would not want to destroy the place that helps them get more bombs.
A fire in 6 rooms that involves 4 people is more interesting than a fire in 1 room that involves 1 person.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter