ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by Tokiko2 » #95022

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ability to smash the glass on glass panel doors to squeeze through them, even if you don't have access to the door or if it's bolted down.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #95032

cups/beakers break when you throw/drop them
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #95195

Scones wrote:cups/beakers break when you throw/drop them
this half-way happens with lightbulbs already
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #95210

Is this not a feature already? I remember dropping beakers when coughing and getting a flufftext about them breaking and splashing on the floor.
Scones

Post by Scones » #95212

Tokiko2 wrote:
Is this not a feature already? I remember dropping beakers when coughing and getting a flufftext about them breaking and splashing on the floor.

not on tg
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #95213

Add a random event that causes the vision fog overlay to appear for every crewmember. Some time later, an ear-splitting air raid siren plays and spawns a couple of faithless next to every crewmember.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #95231

Xhuis wrote:
Anonmare wrote:-snip-
lusty xenos or no
I am like super fucking okay with NPC xenos that gibber 'hiss~' and use the old Valentines ERP stungrope intermixed with their usual xenostabs.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #95235

In addition to "passively" and "aggressively", players can now grab one another "suggestively".
mosquitoman wrote:or it could just fill the person with histamine, just like in real life!
This sounds like it could be a real thing now that I remembered that histamine exists. It'd screw over a random person even worse than appendicitis, with even more alignment of the stars required for it to occur. Sounds like great fun for everyone PR when?
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #95565

Space carp randomly chew through cables they encounter, including cables to the singularity emitters.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95568

Make a new medical pipe craftable from glass that lets you smoke pills instead of eating them. I just want to make a skeezy maintenence hobo who hits the crank pipe
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #95630

Add this fuckin' thing as a tatorweapon.
Wyzack wrote:Make a new medical pipe craftable from glass that lets you smoke pills instead of eating them. I just want to make a skeezy maintenence hobo who hits the crank pipe
wrong thread
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #95706

bandit wrote:Space carp randomly chew through cables they encounter, including cables to the singularity emitters.
that'd never happen, tho
the singulo chamber is closed off last time i checked, and even if it wasnt they would get pulled in, and there are no exposed wires in engineering :V
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #95931

Give traitor AIs the ability to wirelessly emag machines and mobs by clicking them. This means a traitor AI could, with the help of one of its own borgs/human tratior/unsuspecting roboticist subvert unslaved borgs. You can pull shenanigans such as emaging APCs to appear Malf, emag doors for allowing greytide into restricted areas, sell contraband from the Syndicate to Cargo, and a bunch of other funny and dangerous things with various computers and machines!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95942

That's not half bad.

Also, here's another lizard-centric one: Reptilian genetics! (At least for the two big blocks.)
Instead of x-ray, lizards grow a pit organ, therefore get thermal vision (plus the ability to see mobs inside bins, pipes, tubes and lockers, as well as through chameleon projectors and stealth fields.)
And instead of HALK! they should, naturally, turn into Deathclaws.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #95950

DemonFiren wrote:That's not half bad.

Also, here's another lizard-centric one: Reptilian genetics! (At least for the two big blocks.)
Instead of x-ray, lizards grow a pit organ, therefore get thermal vision (plus the ability to see mobs inside bins, pipes, tubes and lockers, as well as through chameleon projectors and stealth fields.)
0/10 not enough citrus face
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #96391

Here's a good idea for a superpower for lizards: One that turns them into the superior race. :^)
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #96406

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Here's a good idea for a superpower for lizards: One that turns them into the superior race. :^)
But they already have that active...
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #96466

TheNightingale wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

But they already have that active...
They have the genetic defect variant, not the superpower, but I can see how you would be confused by that (what with you being a lizard and all). :^)
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #96519

No, no, what I'm saying is that lizards already have the 'sssuperior race' superpower. Humans don't, though, and because it doesn't show up on the Genetics console, you need to transplant a human brain into a lizard body to unlock it.

(And slightly more on-topic: an admin button that turns every player-controlled mob into a lizardperson, and every brainless mob into a normal lizard.)
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #96632

Saying 'ayy lmao' should instantly make you an abductor. Also, saying 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' should spawn a steel beam and then a bottle of thermite labeled "Jet Fuel" next to it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #96743

If somebody builds a phazon, the shuttle should automatically be called and all the communication consoles should explode.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #96828

Silly Miauw, that's not how you spell HONK

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #96906

Paddy wagon mech.

Lightish armor/decent speed, can't use the big guns (just tasers, flashbang launcher, utility mods etc).
Has a capacity for X number of people (3-5, since a ripley can carry like 200 people). Bonus points if it can also hold securitrons/ED-209's.
You can drag people onto the mech to put them in, but only the pilot can let them out.

Mech comes along to crime scene, helps stun nerds/unleash a bunch of 209's.
Sec officers put cuffed criminal scum into the paddy wagon.
wagon fucks off back to brig and disgorges it's payload into brig cells.

No more worrying about losing prisoners on the way to the brig/holding multiple prisoners at once.
You could also use it as an APC, by carrying sec officers inside and droping them off ready for battle.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97063

So, it's an armed clown car?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97067

Honestly, I think a mech that could breach and clusterbang rooms, and also transport prisoners, would be pretty cool. For security, anyway. It's not unusual to need to fuck up a cult/gang/rev base.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97068

>clusterbang

That's assuming Science won't keep those for themselves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
OutspokenGolf
Byond Username: OutspokenGolf

Post by OutspokenGolf » #97301

I remember thinking of these and suggesting em a while ago ingame, but

Detcord - ???? TC

Looks like a cablecoil, looks like cable when placed, and even works like a wire. ignite it though and it'll go off along it's placed length in a couple of seconds, acting like a low yield explosive fuse. should knockdown/stun anyone on tiles it is under/adjacent to and has the bonus effect of causing any placed explosive bombs to go off. Don't know if it should be able to breach hull or not, or how much it should cost/how much you get. But i thought it was a rad idea. Also can be shaped (using maybe half of the reel) to punch through rwalls like a door knocking charge.

rigged cell - exactly like a cell injected with plasma, but easier to obtain if not in engineering / chem/ sci - 2 TC
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #97367

Yo guys all these posts up to like Lumi's have actually been decent ideas

Like seriously what the fuck are you doing in the bad ideas thread
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97407

This is the testing ground for ideas you personally think are awesome but know lots of other people will hate.

If you get 'this isn't a shitty suggestion' you know it was okay.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #97427

OutspokenGolf wrote:I remember thinking of these and suggesting em a while ago ingame, but

Detcord - ???? TC

Looks like a cablecoil, looks like cable when placed, and even works like a wire. ignite it though and it'll go off along it's placed length in a couple of seconds, acting like a low yield explosive fuse. should knockdown/stun anyone on tiles it is under/adjacent to and has the bonus effect of causing any placed explosive bombs to go off. Don't know if it should be able to breach hull or not, or how much it should cost/how much you get. But i thought it was a rad idea. Also can be shaped (using maybe half of the reel) to punch through rwalls like a door knocking charge.

rigged cell - exactly like a cell injected with plasma, but easier to obtain if not in engineering / chem/ sci - 2 TC
The detcord is actually neat, man.
Last edited by Xhuis on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #98064

Bluespace grenade launcher, lets you drop a grenade wherever the hell you target regardless of how much shit is in the way. Including through cameras.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #98163

Syndicate/security magnet gun. Pulls metal objects towards you. Will also pull metal objects out of someone's hands and cause people wearing metal clothing (like armor) to fall down for a second.
bandit

Post by bandit » #98487

ANION STORM DETECTED

A handful of randomly chosen words in the AI's lawset are replaced by another random word (from the string of ion law words).

admin feedback pls
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #98493

Platinum slimes that come from splitting sepia slimes. When a platinum slime core is injected with plasma, it creates a chronofield like with a sepia slime, but instead of being able to throw or shoot things you can punch with no click delay.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #98530

Man Portable Mini-Singularity Launcher. Massive heavy weapon that fires a mini singularity in a straight line that destroys everything in it's path and explodes after some time. Gives out a massive amount of radiation to the user and those around him when it fired.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #98568

You mean, like a Blackstorm? Fuck yeah.

But that means we'll also need a Cain.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #98580

Sundowner's armor: deploy explosive shields and any shitter that attacks you in melee gets thrown away from you in a small explosion, but you can't move while they're deployed. Retract them and you're FUCKIN INVINCIBLE
spasticVerbalizer
Byond Username: SpasticVerbalizer

Post by spasticVerbalizer » #98584

New food item: The Dindu Muffin

Ingredients: broken zipties, any type of drink container, dough slice

When eaten (or forse fed), your skin color changes to black, you grow an afro, get permanently set to arrest and Beepsky summoned to your location, but you also are fully healed and get a speed boost.
Scones

Post by Scones » #98595

Dueling Pistol set for the Captain and uppity greyshits to settle their disputes with.

Babin
Byond Username: Babin

Post by Babin » #98663

Emag capability for sleepers.
Emagging a sleeper will randomly scramble its buttons, making it frustrating to use. Pressing the button for morphine might inject salbutamol instead. A player can use trial and error to figure out which buttons are which.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #98670

spasticVerbalizer wrote:New food item: The Dindu Muffin

Ingredients: broken zipties, any type of drink container, dough slice

When eaten (or forse fed), your skin color changes to black, you grow an afro, get permanently set to arrest and Beepsky summoned to your location, but you also are fully healed and get a speed boost.
i laughed
drop the on-eaten effect and it might be a funny addition to cooking
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #98710

Babin wrote:Emag capability for sleepers.
Emagging a sleeper will randomly scramble its buttons, making it frustrating to use. Pressing the button for morphine might inject salbutamol instead. A player can use trial and error to figure out which buttons are which.
wrong thread

admin feedback pls
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #99205

tablecraft 3 donuts and 1 frosted donut for one sheet of donut steel
this new metal can be used for walls, tables, etc. in addition to eating and functioning like a normal material
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #99227

Xhuis wrote:tablecraft 3 donuts and 1 frosted donut for one sheet of donut steel
this new metal can be used for walls, tables, etc. in addition to eating and functioning like a normal material
Donut mechs when
I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #99235

Killbasa wrote:
Xhuis wrote:tablecraft 3 donuts and 1 frosted donut for one sheet of donut steel
Donut mechs when
you need an original character to make use of this material
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99254

Screemonster wrote:
Killbasa wrote:
Donut mechs when
you need an original character to make use of this material
my character, Windguard Shadowsphere, is morbidly obese to the point where he has taken the shape of a ball
thanks to this he is able to fit into the legendary donut mech, a mech of unlimited power when armed with the sacred Snowflake Cannon (a weapon that makes people into unique original characters).
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99276

My characters are original in that I am the first to steal real Argonians!

Now let me do this.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #99301

Mimic closets.

Mimic shuttles.

Mimic everything.

It's like a mimic but a shuttle/closet. Eats people that get inside them and all that.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #100368

obligatory post:
let's give humans mutant parts, like ears and tails
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100375

Add silentanium. It can only be obtained by shaft mimers, is invisible to everyone else, and does not show up in ore redemption machines unless you're a mime.

Silentanium doors and airlocks make no noise when opened, silentanium walls are invisible, and of course the Reticence can now be built in Robotics, with the assembly options for parts and circuitry only being visible to mimes.
Silentanium floor tiles also look like space/the asteroid.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #100380

DemonFiren wrote:Add silentanium. It can only be obtained by shaft mimers, is invisible to everyone else, and does not show up in ore redemption machines unless you're a mime.

Silentanium doors and airlocks make no noise when opened, silentanium walls are invisible, and of course the Reticence can now be built in Robotics, with the assembly options for parts and circuitry only being visible to mimes.
Silentanium floor tiles also look like space/the asteroid.
Wrong thread, this is "poor" ideas thread not the "Code it now!" ideas Thread.