Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by cedarbridge » #393967

Malkevin wrote:.]
The actual madman.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #395318

Nobody keeps up with the news to what is going well, good news doesn't sell.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #397042

RIP Youtube
They got shot up

And of course, conflicting information about the shooter, including but not limited to:
Female shooter
Muslim male shooter
Body armour?
What weapon they used
Motivations

So as usual, lots of rumours, little real information. Wait a bit if you want the facts, or just dig right in if you want to hear everything about it
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #397065

so what she's saying is that the sexes aren't equal, how funny
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397154

>Go on a show known for banter
>Complain about banter
Really makes you think
Really makes you think.jpg
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #397233

>female iranian hardcore vegan who was super mad that youtube demonetised her videos and so decided to shoot up an office of that big corporation

pretty damn cyberpunk
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #397249

Future's not so bad, and pretty aesthetic.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #397282

I really don't think this is what actually happened and I'll refrain from being interested in this so disinformation will be ineffective against me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #397285

DemonFiren wrote:I really don't think this is what actually happened and I'll refrain from being interested in this so disinformation will be ineffective against me.
Given all present evidence, this is actually what happened.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #397286

imblyings wrote:>female iranian hardcore vegan who was super mad that youtube demonetised her videos and so decided to shoot up an office of that big corporation

pretty damn cyberpunk
All that's missing is the lesbo angle.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #397307

DemonFiren wrote:I really don't think this is what actually happened and I'll refrain from being interested in this so disinformation will be ineffective against me.
What the hell did he mean by this.
XSI wrote:or just dig right in if you want to hear everything about it
This is deranged and fucks up completely innocent peoples lives.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #397308

Kor wrote:
mostly sam hyde's, to be fair
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #397333

I made a joke last night that the shoot up was from someone being pissed off at getting demonitised, I didn't expect to be right.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #397394

Screemonster wrote:
Kor wrote:
mostly sam hyde's, to be fair
Sam is very in on the joke.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #397425

Malkevin wrote:I made a joke last night that the shoot up was from someone being pissed off at getting demonitised, I didn't expect to be right.
It's interesting to note that the whole fuss about YT demonetizing channels is across the board, it was started by alt-righters angry because YT demonetized some conservative channels but it appears it's starting to affect leftists as well. Hopefully this latest incident will make YT reassess their policies
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397486

It's a cool story regardless of political stance and one I'd rather see happen a lot more than school shootings. The only shame is that the actual decision makers in those big companies are untouchable so it's the less culpable rank and file getting shot up.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #397539

I mean i would rather have nobody get shot buy ya know you do you
crack is whack but smacks got your back
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #397695

Malkevin wrote:I made a joke last night that the shoot up was from someone being pissed off at getting demonitised, I didn't expect to be right.
Their videos are mentioned to cater almost explicitly to middle eastern audiences, but I guess its a rough climate right now competing with Motu Patlu

Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397755

ColonicAcid wrote:I mean i would rather have nobody get shot buy ya know you do you
part and parcel sir
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #397761

imblyings wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:I mean i would rather have nobody get shot buy ya know you do you
part and parcel sir
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #397780

Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives
Have people just never seen the full quote or is a message about needing to be prepared for a very real threat somehow offensive to you guys
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #397784

you know I've never clicked on these threads before
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #397798

Kor wrote:
Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives
Have people just never seen the full quote or is a message about needing to be prepared for a very real threat somehow offensive to you guys
My personal favourite is Trudeau's "if you kill your enemies they win" which isn't even a real quote.
Or the fake photo of Robert Byrd dressed in Klan clothes

Just accept we're living in the post-truth world
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #397811

Grazyn wrote:
Kor wrote:
My personal favourite is Trudeau's "if you kill your enemies they win" which isn't even a real quote.
Or the fake photo of Robert Byrd dressed in Klan clothes

Just accept we're living in the post-truth world
Rumors, hoaxes, and untruths did not exist before 2016.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #397818

Notice how I didn't complain about post-truth, it's a legit way to make politics and we should just accept it. It is also pretty obvious how the social media age and the resultant decline in journalism quality have made this a viable long-term tactic instead of something to use sparingly with the risk of facing public ridicule.
Example, antivaxxers have been around for decades, but we have started to see vaccination rates plummet only in recent years (along with spikes of old diseases we thought we had under control) thanks to echo chambers and massive propaganda on social media
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397823

Kor wrote:
this thread doesn't deserve full quotes nor serious posts

caught again miss phaeron
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #397833

Gonna buy myself a glock and pop anyone who comes within a 5 yd radius.

Pull up GLACK GLACK
crack is whack but smacks got your back
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397836

>buy myself sniper rifle
>pop anyone within 100 yds

heheh
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #397837

>build my own rocket artillery
fucking americunts can't even into glorious german engineering

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397847

>decades later help americans shit up the moon with flags instead of going on the moon themselves

bratwursts btfo
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #397864

imblyings wrote:
Kor wrote:
this thread doesn't deserve full quotes nor serious posts

caught again miss phaeron
>merely pretending

time to confiscate your packetroos petrol
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #397917

Grazyn wrote:Notice how I didn't complain about post-truth, it's a legit way to make politics and we should just accept it. It is also pretty obvious how the social media age and the resultant decline in journalism quality have made this a viable long-term tactic instead of something to use sparingly with the risk of facing public ridicule.
Example, antivaxxers have been around for decades, but we have started to see vaccination rates plummet only in recent years (along with spikes of old diseases we thought we had under control) thanks to echo chambers and massive propaganda on social media
I dunno. Even with social media added to the modern equation, I don't think pinning "post-truth" onto the current era works. Its nostalgic to think that past generations lived for the pursuit of "truth" and that Abe never told a lie, but my point is we can't be post-truth if truth was really never that goal in the first place.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #397928

CosmicScientist wrote:>go away for two days and something interesting happens
Oh come on, this sounds interesting, especially with how some articles are giving her the cool girl rebel celebrity treatment. "The vegan who railed against YouTube" what a warcry for the internet. What's the word for someone who dies but sparks off a cause? I do wish articles wouldn't use anything but mugshots of her.
Or maybe this isn't supposed to be empowering but I should instead fear the woman who is strong, has clothing that reveals her arms and is the bringer of the sun because they say stupid things like this:
“There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered & merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos!”
Yeah... and Brevik was "The patriot that railed against Cultural Marxism"...
Fucking hell feminazis are dumb.

By the way, Brevik had a higher body count against quick and nimble kids on an open space island whereas this cunt only hit a few fat neckbeards, whose exercise regime consists of waddling to the snack machine, in an enclosed space and the only person she managed to kill was herself.
Proof that men are better than women.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #397931

careful there malkevin some say she's a trap

wouldn't want to have to eat your own words now
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #397936

Malkevin wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:>go away for two days and something interesting happens
Oh come on, this sounds interesting, especially with how some articles are giving her the cool girl rebel celebrity treatment. "The vegan who railed against YouTube" what a warcry for the internet. What's the word for someone who dies but sparks off a cause? I do wish articles wouldn't use anything but mugshots of her.
Or maybe this isn't supposed to be empowering but I should instead fear the woman who is strong, has clothing that reveals her arms and is the bringer of the sun because they say stupid things like this:
“There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered & merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos!”
Yeah... and Brevik was "The patriot that railed against Cultural Marxism"...
Fucking hell feminazis are dumb.

By the way, Brevik had a higher body count against quick and nimble kids on an open space island whereas this cunt only hit a few fat neckbeards, whose exercise regime consists of waddling to the snack machine, in an enclosed space and the only person she managed to kill was herself.
Proof that men are better than women.
Some people feel a gun in their hand and think they are ready to do anything, then when the time comes to start killing they get cold feet. She let off a couple shots, realized she just didn't have it in her to kill people, that she had just ruined her life anyway and so she offed herself.

Breivik was focused, had prepared for months or even years and was batshit insane. It's a different thing.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #397948

imblyings wrote:careful there malkevin some say she's a trap

wouldn't want to have to eat your own words now
The only people I've seen claim the shooter was actually male are TERFs on twitter. And TERF twitter is an endless fountain of retarded memes.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #397982

Rustledjimm wrote:you know I've never clicked on these threads before
the funny part about these threads is that I realize how different everyone is in having an opinion in this community

but in reality I have not seen friendships or anything ruined over political beliefs in this community

which is nice
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #397984

Everyone already hates each other, things can't get any more hostile.

Love you faggots
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Re:

Post by CitrusGender » #397993

CosmicScientist wrote:
CitrusGender wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:you know I've never clicked on these threads before
the funny part about these threads is that I realize how different everyone is in having an opinion in this community

but in reality I have not seen friendships or anything ruined over political beliefs in this community

which is nice
Your anarcho communist liberal alt-regressive wanking is at an end and so is our friendship.

And if you don't convert to Snuggles the great overlord toy in the sky from whatever heathen beliefs you have, then I'll just have to call the pointy hatted people in Spain to come and take you away because they do still wear pointy hats to this day despite it festering across the pond. That and the Catalonians eat treats out of a shitting log they make drop them by hitting it, repeatedly, with sticks, and singing. What I'm trying to say is I don't know how they made an empire.
I have just taken myself out of politics due to the fact that arguing with people over the internet about them solves nothing
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #398018

The best way to find yourself on a political compass is to check Trump's latest tweet. Find the first blue checkmark responding to that tweet. If you find what they said to be stupid or would consider your politics to be even slightly right of that person, you're a nazi.

Hope this helps.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #398047

I wish nuclear waste wasn't such a bitch to get rid of, it'd make nuclear power much more appealing, though it's still quite good even without it if the plants are kept properly secure and managed well.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #398056

The problem isn't the waste. Sure it's an issue but that's not why nuclear power has been neglected; it's just an excuse. France already generates a good 3/4 of their electricity from nuclear power, and also powers a good part of the rest of Europe.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #398082

Presumably they don't want to run the risk of it getting into the groundwater or environment, because if it does have fucking fun getting it out.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #398083

I used to be a commie.

I dislike labels however because a single persons view rarely ever fit inside a single label.

I suppose I could be a Democratic Market Socialist economically.

Socially I suppose I'm pretty liberal in most cases (as long as you aren't harming others you can take what drugs you want etc.) except guns where I think we should have gun control.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #398085

Gun control is a trap.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #398088

Militias are socialist and revolutionary and to have militias you need to have guns.
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #398091

>mention socialism
>suddenly militias and revolution mentioned

why do i bofer

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #398098

Militias have function and purpose outside of violent overthrow, but they do play a key part in defense and popular sovereignty and there is a reason they were embraced by both the American and French revolutions (and then the Paris Commune and some communist revolutions afterwards).
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #398231

in b4 religion of peace
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #398323

No data from reliable sources yet.
Suggest waiting at least a week.

non-lizard things: