MeyHaZah's Lavaland Project

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Mey Ha Zah
Byond Username: Mey Ha Zah

MeyHaZah's Lavaland Project

Post by Mey Ha Zah » #377284

The Lavaland Project
Original Pitch: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PhEvG ... tYub8oFYho

This project's aim is to revamp, balance and update mining. Many ideas from the original pitch have been changed based on feedback and critique. For instance Miners and Explorers share lavaland instead of their being two z-levels for even fewer people.

The Project is split into 3 groups. Lavaland revamp, Balancing of Lavaland, and Lavaland Archeology.

Lavaland Revamp:
Tendril update - MehHaZah(Sprites) and WJohnston(Sprites)
Tremors - XDTM(Code) Finished - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/35272
Geysers - XDTM(Code), MeyHaZah(Sprites) Finished - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/35272
Acid Pools
Ash Storms and Heat Waves
Terrain Features
Ruin touch-up/removal
New Fauna/Megafauna *TBD*
Fauna/Megafauna adjustments
Ore Veins and Core Drills
Miners and Explorers

Lavaland Balancing:
Kinetic Accelerator adjustments
Ore balancing (Coincides with Ore Veins)
Loot balancing/removal *TBD*
Mining Vendor Adjustments

Lavaland Archaeology
Archaeology Basics (Artifacts, Artifact Ore Gen, Archaeology Office and Curator update)
Dungeons *name TBD* (Necropolis based structures that house traps, fauna, artifacts and loot)
More TBA

Any help, ideas and suggestions are welcome, but don't expect everything said in this thread or on this list to appear.
Last edited by Mey Ha Zah on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: MeyHaZah's Lavaland Project

Post by onleavedontatme » #377285

I see lots of "balancing" and "revamp" and "adjustment" and thats pretty vague to say whether it'd be accepted or not
Mey Ha Zah

Post by Mey Ha Zah » #377286

Mostly because it's just ideas at the moment, nothing concrete. When I've decided on something I'll update the listing to match the potential outcome.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #377287

I've been waiting to beat the corpse of the kraken and add the hexaghost for a long time! That or I could just go back to work on the kraken I guess

Either way I'm excited
Mey Ha Zah

Post by Mey Ha Zah » #377289

Fauna for Dungeons would be appreciated. mooks and minibosses would be welcome.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #377294

1.If you gonna fuck with curator, please, update library code.For example, add search by categories.
2.Idea for boss--ooze.
Basically it's like blob or kudzu.But with some adjustment:
a.it have cap on maximum tiles.If it want to make more tiles, it need to dissolve old tiles.So it can move in it's strange liquid fashion.
b.it have core.All ooze tiles, which isn't connected to core will dissolve fast.core can move to other tiles of ooze if it want to.
3.Please, rework lavalend flora to have some neat reagets.To make it worth to be collected by miners for botany.
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #377746

I like your ideas. They're all great and interesting, however, lack of specificity is important here. Something as significant as this requires specificity. Basically, put as much effort in as you're requesting, and odds are someone will take note of it, and hopefully it would be as simple as just adding it in, compared to balancing.

For example, lets look at the drills.
Working the drill too hard will cause overheating, which can lead to part breaking, or worse. When a drill overheats, it will need to be shut down. Broken parts will take place in different segments of the drill, which will each have certain parts that need to be fixed.
An example of specificity:
The drills will have 3 separate assemblies, a drill bit, motor, and heatsink all of which can be protolaythed. Drill bit failure means no more drilling, motor means no more drilling, heatsink means no more heat dissipation. The heat will build up menu similar to the SM or Singularity. There are four settings, each as numbers, 0-3. 0 meaning off, 1 which is slow (1 block per 10 seconds), 2 which causes minor overheating over time (2 blocks per 10 seconds), 3 which is max speed (4 blocks per 10 seconds) and faster overheating (a degree per second multiplied by the mode number). The unit can handle 120 degrees C, at 100 it sends a warning, and anything above it there is a chance of component failure up to 20% every second. Heat is built up by each mode, but dissipated at a constant rate (1.5 degrees per second). Each setting causes a net change in temperature (-.5, .5, and 1.5 respectively).

I'd like to see the specifics. I think people really enjoy the state of mining right now, and this would be an unnecessary change. Put some effort into it and show us why it would make it more interesting at a technical level as well as a gameplay level.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #377770

I think the idea of miners dying too often to never deliver ore is way overblown
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #377816

I got stumped with archaeology because I didn't want to make it combat oriented so i'm not sure apart from exports (aka nothing people will partake in) or cosmetics idk what to add.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #377825

Bombadil wrote:I think the idea of miners dying too often to never deliver ore is way overblown
You'll probably actually see less minerals delivered if you move all the fun toys of mining to its own job.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #378064

Kor wrote:
Bombadil wrote:I think the idea of miners dying too often to never deliver ore is way overblown
You'll probably actually see less minerals delivered if you move all the fun toys of mining to its own job.
Wasn't one of the big issues of lavaland that miners were so active they had to reduce the average of 5 ores per node down to 1-3 to lower the ludicrous amounts of ore going to the station? Cause i remember back in the asteroid days it was always 5 or so ore no matter what you found. Back when asteroids were red and not gray
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #378643