Daxyeen

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
MrStonedOne
Host
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Daxyeen

Postby MrStonedOne » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:12 am #395857

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder


MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

[10:55 AM] spookydonut: stonedmc is the work of a criminally insane mad genius



PostThis post was deleted by onleavedontatme on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:23 am.
Reason: shitpost

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Daxyeen

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 am #395859

Fun to work with. Has a good understanding of policy/ buttons from what I can tell
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 am #395942

BeeSting12 wrote:Fun to work with. Has a good understanding of policy/ buttons from what I can tell

Thank you for the feedback ?!

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Nabski » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:45 am #396219

Seems to understand things from a codeside which is always a plus.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Unused entertaining sprite repository. Edits on the left, OC on the right. Sorry that you look like derp little practice turtle.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am #396254

Nabski wrote:Seems to understand things from a codeside which is always a plus.

Yeah I do have like 75? merged PRs.
I'm no expert but I know a little.

User avatar
Virtual John
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 am
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Virtual John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 am #401956

Jumped into the fray with them as a candidate, and they were always on point. Whenever I didn't know something, I knew I could rely on their knowledge. Always seeking to improve more, and genuinely likes helping the player base. A+

User avatar
Limski
 
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:07 pm
Location: Israel
Byond Username: Limski

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Limski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 am #401975

Very fun to work with

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:49 am #401976

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Daxyeen

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 pm #401980

This is about nothing in particular, just advice: Not everything needs to be taken seriously. It can be healthy to take a step back now and then to remind yourself it's just a game
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:14 pm #401981

PKPenguin321 wrote:This is about nothing in particular, just advice: Not everything needs to be taken seriously. It can be healthy to take a step back now and then to remind yourself it's just a game

I used to have issues with that, I'd like to think it's better now, but nonetheless it's something I watch out for.

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Qbmax32 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 pm #402259

I hate catpeople but I would make an exception for dax
my admin feedback thread
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am #402347

Qbmax32 wrote:I hate catpeople but I would make an exception for dax

2cat

User avatar
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 8:36 am
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: Daxyeen

Postby JusticeGoat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:32 am #405012

Every time i'm on with them i have seen nothing but confidence, I feel like they make an excellent administrator.

feem
 
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: Daxyeen

Postby feem » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 am #405045

Have been consistently impressed with how they handle themselves as an administrator. Great job.

Affu
 
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:22 pm
Byond Username: Affurit

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Affu » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:42 pm #436900

Dishonest, Rude, Petty, Childish, Spiteful, Manipulative, Untrustworthy.

If you want my honest opinion.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:44 pm #436901

Affu wrote:Dishonest, Rude, Petty, Childish, Spiteful, Manipulative, Untrustworthy.

If you want my honest opinion.


>note appeal fails
>admin complaint fails
>better post in the feedback thread because I got dismissed everywhere else.

I'm an honest man, you're the one that keeps lying out of your ass.

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Shezza » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:01 am #437059

I wish they behaved ingame similar to how they admin

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Daxyeen

Postby oranges » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 am #437082

overadministrates, can't let things go, wastes note space on useless knowledge
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 am #437084

oranges wrote:overadministrates, can't let things go, wastes note space on useless knowledge

>wastes notes space

good joke oranges I almost thought you were serious.

wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Daxyeen

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 am #437096

Dax Dupont wrote:
oranges wrote:overadministrates, can't let things go, wastes note space on useless knowledge

>wastes notes space

good joke oranges I almost thought you were serious.

This seems emblematic of your adminning style. Sure, you’re on point with understanding of rules and policy. But if a valid complaint is leveled or a contestment of one of your rulings, you shrug it off or turn insanely passive-aggressive and snarky.

Case-in-point affu’s note appeal. All they wanted was a note removal/modification. You immediately started acting like a lowkey dick to them and in the end, because they contested a fact, you made the note even more damning. When they reasonably got mad, you shrugged it off again.

And using the “we don’t get payed” line is petty as fuck. You don’t wanna be an admin, quit. I’d get if you acted like this if dealing with someone like usednapkin, but affu was polite (if not kinda dumb for arguing over a fact) and made an innocent appeal.

Edit: Guess I didn’t know the full story. If they’re gonna PM and harass people the attitude is warranted.
Last edited by wesoda25 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just imagine someone remarkable @ me in discord and said something witty

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Arianya » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:26 am #437125

To be fair there's a world of difference between "contesting a fact" and "calling someone a liar"
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 am #437136

I mean he kept calling me a liar, has been rude in ooc and ahelps, all I did was being snarky on response.

He's also been harassing others in PM's trying to get me demoted ever since I noted him once.

Being a little snarky is normal when people keep whining/harassing/insulting you.

Headmins agree, the admin complaint was closed.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Daxyeen

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm #437390

on the topic of being passive aggressive, you ought to not report posts that are on topic for being off topic simply because they mention you in a negative light. gives you a bad look and doesn't accomplish anything because i'm not gonna delete the post unless it's genuinely off topic or excessively low quality/inflammatory.

that said, when it comes to posts like this:
Affu wrote:Dishonest, Rude, Petty, Childish, Spiteful, Manipulative, Untrustworthy.

If you want my honest opinion.

it is absolutely within your rights to be just as much of a snark back to them, which you seem to have done. so don't worry about it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:07 pm #437608

PKPenguin321 wrote:on the topic of being passive aggressive, you ought to not report posts that are on topic for being off topic simply because they mention you in a negative light. gives you a bad look and doesn't accomplish anything because i'm not gonna delete the post unless it's genuinely off topic or excessively low quality/inflammatory.

that said, when it comes to posts like this:
Affu wrote:Dishonest, Rude, Petty, Childish, Spiteful, Manipulative, Untrustworthy.

If you want my honest opinion.

it is absolutely within your rights to be just as much of a snark back to them, which you seem to have done. so don't worry about it

*shrug* adminbus was telling me too because of the denied appeal and the complaint.

I don't really care as much.

User avatar
Cobby
Github User
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Cobby » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:05 pm #448710

In this appeal decided to give their 2 cents about an off-topic discussion then decided, in the same post mind you, to turn to admin mode and go "please don't derail", locking the thread and preventing any contention to their own post.

I would rather a thread go down the drain than an admin use their powers to get the last word about an off-topic discussion then hypocritically berate players for going off-topic within the same post.

I wouldn't of put this here had they just edited the post to remove the off-topic aspect (I would have myself if I had the power) instead of stubbornly saying something along the lines of "well because the headmin hasn't said anything to me it's not a problem" when I explained my concern.

This behavior makes you no better than the guy in the appeal claiming he's a crusader for the community while also in the same thread appealing a ban about near-crashing a server.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:07 pm #448711

Whatever you say cobby.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Nilons » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:18 pm #448714

Cobby wrote:In this appeal decided to give their 2 cents about an off-topic discussion then decided, in the same post mind you, to turn to admin mode and go "please don't derail", locking the thread and preventing any contention to their own post.

I would rather a thread go down the drain than an admin use their powers to get the last word about an off-topic discussion then hypocritically berate players for going off-topic within the same post.

I wouldn't of put this here had they just edited the post to remove the off-topic aspect (I would have myself if I had the power) instead of stubbornly saying something along the lines of "well because the headmin hasn't said anything to me it's not a problem" when I explained my concern.

This behavior makes you no better than the guy in the appeal claiming he's a crusader for the community while also in the same thread appealing a ban about near-crashing a server.

They do this in ahelps constantly as well, making a snarky remark that serves no purpose but to agitate and start an argument then immediately closing the ticket in response to what I believe were non-inflammatory ahelps.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:23 pm #448717

I close tickets after it's resolved as such when a punishment is handed out or when it's ruled that something is valid or the question is answered. You can still press the ahelp button if you want to continue talking about it but after a ruling is made further discussion should go to the forums. A resolved ticket is resolved. Some admins never close their tickets but even with gameplay questions I answer and close it usually. Same with bugs, I even have a macro that explains to you how to report a bug. I've got several other text expanders or macros set up.
I love being efficient.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Daxyeen

Postby iksyp » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 pm #448719

Dax Dupont wrote:I close tickets after it's resolved as such when a punishment is handed out or when it's ruled that something is valid or the question is answered. You can still press the ahelp button if you want to continue talking about it. A resolved ticket is resolved. Some admins never close their tickets but even with gameplay questions I answer and close it usually. Same with bugs, I even have a macro that explains to you how to report a bug. I've got several other text expanders or macros set up.
I love being efficient.

okay but this doesn't really address the criticism about your attitude
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm #448721

iksyp wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:I close tickets after it's resolved as such when a punishment is handed out or when it's ruled that something is valid or the question is answered. You can still press the ahelp button if you want to continue talking about it. A resolved ticket is resolved. Some admins never close their tickets but even with gameplay questions I answer and close it usually. Same with bugs, I even have a macro that explains to you how to report a bug. I've got several other text expanders or macros set up.
I love being efficient.

okay but this doesn't really address the criticism about your attitude


I'm allowed to be somewhat snarky when if you're like nilons and you're overly hostile and rude in ahelps.

I think most people don't have a problem with my ahelps but some of the ruder people will receive snark and then complain.

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Daxyeen

Postby BeeSting12 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm #448722

Most people tend to want to fire back when you act snarky toward them and even if they're being rude you should have the courtesy to let them respond.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 pm #448727

BeeSting12 wrote:Most people tend to want to fire back when you act snarky toward them and even if they're being rude you should have the courtesy to let them respond.

They usually get plenty of chance before the judgment is made and they are free to press ahelp to continue but I consider the issue at hand to be resolved so the ticket is resolved.

It doesn't reopen the ticket when they reply which is what I prefer.

Maybe I'm more used to real ticketing systems as a T3 sysadmin

User avatar
Cobby
Github User
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Cobby » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 pm #448728

You're welcome to show me the post in which I was snarky to you regarding my gripe to warrant the attitude I've received.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm #448729

Cobby wrote:You're welcome to show me the post in which I was snarky to you regarding my gripe to warrant the attitude I've received.


I'm talking about tickets/nilons, I probably shouldn't have been so snarky to you though and I apologise for that.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Daxyeen

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm #448730

Dax Dupont wrote:Whatever you say cobby.

ignores feedback dismissively
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Daxyeen

Postby wesoda25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 pm #448739

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Whatever you say cobby.

ignores feedback dismissively

As I said two months ago
wesoda25 wrote:This seems emblematic of your adminning style. Sure, you’re on point with understanding of rules and policy. But if a valid complaint is leveled or a contestment of one of your rulings, you shrug it off or turn insanely passive-aggressive and snarky.
just imagine someone remarkable @ me in discord and said something witty

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Daxyeen

Postby oranges » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:31 pm #448773

another example of dax's poor ability to take criticism, which is usually why they lock threads after making their final reply
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Nilons » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:39 pm #448775

Dax Dupont wrote:
iksyp wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:I close tickets after it's resolved as such when a punishment is handed out or when it's ruled that something is valid or the question is answered. You can still press the ahelp button if you want to continue talking about it. A resolved ticket is resolved. Some admins never close their tickets but even with gameplay questions I answer and close it usually. Same with bugs, I even have a macro that explains to you how to report a bug. I've got several other text expanders or macros set up.
I love being efficient.

okay but this doesn't really address the criticism about your attitude


I'm allowed to be somewhat snarky when if you're like nilons and you're overly hostile and rude in ahelps.

I think most people don't have a problem with my ahelps but some of the ruder people will receive snark and then complain.

Which is why I specifically mentioned it in regard to ahelps that are not inflammatory or overly hostile. If I was overly hostile in an ahelps I'd expect it back. Unless you're trying to say that because I've been to rude to you ever I've invited in snarky horseshit no matter what I ahelp
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Mooshimi
 
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:25 pm
Byond Username: Mooshimi

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Mooshimi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:57 pm #468739

From what I've seen these past few months, Dax has greatly improved from what the above posts tell. He is very prompt with tickets (within about two minutes), and I don't know how busy admins are, so this is very good! Thanks for hangin with us on TG!
Atlanta-Ned wrote:"unhinged antifa desperately trying to be the victim"
- funniest thing I've ever heard

Devily
 
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm
Byond Username: Redusk

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Devily » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm #473426

Last time you gave me a ban and kicked me out of a 3 hours long shift because of me retaliating against a shitter.
You pretty much gave me no explanation, tried not to reason with me or anything, you just told me "no, cremating him, that's too much here have a 24 hours long ban, bye bye".
That's kind of dickish, you probably need to fix that because I genuinely did not know that cremating someone that was painted valid was against the rules and so giving me a kick to the balls and throwing me out was really uncalled for.
By the way I am not saying that just because my appeal got repelled since I ain't banned anymore, I don't have anymore stakes on it.
One thing that could have fixed it better than antagonizing me could have been getting the guy a new corpse and just giving me a warning, losing a three hours long shift like this was really not nice, not at all.
But that's my two cents, it was denied so this is purely my subjective opinion.

What is less subjecting is the time you once murdered me for defending myself from another shitter (who was non antag).
And I remember you taking the ticket even though you were the one I was complaining about.
Maybe don't do that in future, I feel like an admin handling a ticket about their actions as a player isn't completely fair.

I feel like you're the kind of guy that charges straight on, sword extended, without trying to understand the context.
You may be in good faith but eventually you may end up charging against a brick wall.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Nilons » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 am #473474

Devily wrote:What is less subjecting is the time you once murdered me for defending myself from another shitter (who was non antag).
And I remember you taking the ticket even though you were the one I was complaining about.
Maybe don't do that in future, I feel like an admin handling a ticket about their actions as a player isn't completely fair.


big if true, handling your own tickets is a massive no no for admins and you should make a complaint if youre telling the truth
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 am #473611

Nilons wrote:
Devily wrote:What is less subjecting is the time you once murdered me for defending myself from another shitter (who was non antag).
And I remember you taking the ticket even though you were the one I was complaining about.
Maybe don't do that in future, I feel like an admin handling a ticket about their actions as a player isn't completely fair.


big if true, handling your own tickets is a massive no no for admins and you should make a complaint if youre telling the truth


It's not, at worst if there's a ticket involving me and there's no Admin on I'll comment on the ticket that I'm pinging admins in discord to come look at it because they don't get relayed to discord when there's an admin on. So they don't feel ignored and the ticket doesn't get lost to the void on low pop terry.

If you think an admin is involved in the current ticket I'd recommend pinging @supportmin on Discord regardless. My static is well known by Terry players, Caroline Dupont.

I'm sure other admins can attest to it that I make sure to notify them that someone should come look at tickets involving me.

I never handle tickets that directly involve me. Make an admin complaint instead of vaguely making claims.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:08 am #473616

PS: Get me a round id or at least what date it was and I'll look at the logs.

Devily
 
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm
Byond Username: Redusk

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Devily » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:51 pm #473982

It was a long while ago, maybe couple of weeks.
I'm pretty sure it was you because the ticket was opened by me and then through the ticket you apologized for how you acted while being a player.

The ID I absolutely do not remember but I remember there was this guy forcing people to become slime persons, I retaliated with violence, then you came killed me, I reported when afterwards I was killed by either you or him again and told me "Well you're valid for defending yourself".
I remember clearly you apologizing and the whole OOC chat blowing up and going "Oh they were not antagonists?".

That's not what matters though, I am not making this an accusation or admin complaint, this is a feedback thread and I'm giving you my feedback.
If I wanted to complain about you I'd do it somewhere appropriate.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 pm #473989

I don't recall that situation at all really, then again you mention it might've been the other guy you've reported and not me.

Though I probably shouldn't touch tickets I'm even /remotely/ involved in, I'll make sure to pay extra attention to this in the future to make sure this doesn't happen. This is harder than you think on low pop though, by 3 hours into a terry round you've been involved with almost everyone. But if what you say /is true/ and I roughed you up, but you ahelped about the other guy, I'm still involved enough. I don't think it would affect my judgement, but it's some bad optics. I want to make clear I don't remember this happening at all, I've apologised for going too hard on players as a player a couple of times though.

That said, if you ahelp 'is this valid I did x that makes me valid' and I'm not the one directly involved my answers will probably be quick and short, I get like 50 of those a day. If you ahelp 'hey this guy killed me again because I killed/crit him' it's probably gonna be 'yes, using lethal violence opens you up to lethal violence'

Devily
 
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm
Byond Username: Redusk

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Devily » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:25 pm #474015

The issue then comes that people are allowed to grief but not to defend themselves from griefing and so you're not looking at the circumstance and outright you're ignoring who started the whole mess.
If as a non-antag I steal the spare, Captain attack me and then I kill him, shouldn't that warrant a bwoink?
Sure, the Captain tried to cut me up but I'm the self-antag guy, I started it by doing something a traitor would do.

Just saying "using lethal violence opens you up to lethal violence" feels like you don't care to actually admin the situation but rather you shoo it off and assume the guy ahelping is stupid, which could very well be true for a majority of the server but as I said before eventually you may end up cutting down people that have legitimate complains.
You can absolutely just tell people off if you want but then I'm wondering why you're an admin if you think being an admin is bothersome, feels like instead of getting 50 of those a day you could stop being an admin and get zero of them a day.
This again is not a complain but more of a re-call of my previous point about you charging ahead with tunnel vision and the possibility of a brick wall awaiting you a few meters ahead.

I dealt with a couple other administrators in this server and only with you I felt this problem, with the other two I was explained in better detail the situation and I was asked what was going on or what was my side of the story.
So again, in my opinion you could use to try and get the context before you give an answer, I'm sure laying off the "quick and short" setup would make players feel taken a bit more seriously and would make you look a bit more professional or at the very least interested, because there is nothing worse than you having an issue and the guy in charge just dismissing it and shooing you off.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Dax Dupont » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:33 pm #474018

Devily wrote:The issue then comes that people are allowed to grief but not to defend themselves from griefing and so you're not looking at the circumstance and outright you're ignoring who started the whole mess.
If as a non-antag I steal the spare, Captain attack me and then I kill him, shouldn't that warrant a bwoink?
Sure, the Captain tried to cut me up but I'm the self-antag guy, I started it by doing something a traitor would do.

Just saying "using lethal violence opens you up to lethal violence" feels like you don't care to actually admin the situation but rather you shoo it off and assume the guy ahelping is stupid, which could very well be true for a majority of the server but as I said before eventually you may end up cutting down people that have legitimate complains.
You can absolutely just tell people off if you want but then I'm wondering why you're an admin if you think being an admin is bothersome, feels like instead of getting 50 of those a day you could stop being an admin and get zero of them a day.
This again is not a complain but more of a re-call of my previous point about you charging ahead with tunnel vision and the possibility of a brick wall awaiting you a few meters ahead.

I dealt with a couple other administrators in this server and only with you I felt this problem, with the other two I was explained in better detail the situation and I was asked what was going on or what was my side of the story.
So again, in my opinion you could use to try and get the context before you give an answer, I'm sure laying off the "quick and short" setup would make players feel taken a bit more seriously and would make you look a bit more professional or at the very least interested, because there is nothing worse than you having an issue and the guy in charge just dismissing it and shooing you off.


Everything is situational, I don't need to go into a detailed explanation with George Melons who's ahelping because he got killed because he attacked someone and crit them.

If you decide to go kill someone for changing your species instead of calling sec you've opened yourself up for retaliation.

Devily
 
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm
Byond Username: Redusk

Re: Daxyeen

Postby Devily » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 am #474185

Again that's not a complaint about that one time, we came to terms with that (wherever you remember it or not), you apologized for how you acted and overall everything wrapped up nicely.
Maybe I am coming off the wrong way: my point here is not "you fucked up that one time, grovel before me", my point here is that jumping the gun as you do may lead you to more mistakes and the more players being annoyed by how you handle things.

I gain nothing by giving my feedback and I lose nothing if you do not accept it, this is only for your edification so do what you will, you don't have to give me an explanation or to justify yourself: this thread is for your benefit only and so are my posts.


Return to Admin Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest