okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

Post by Stickymayhem » #403684

Bottom post of the previous page:

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Also the shearing argument is fucking stupid, sheep at least have been bred for so long that they have to be sheared or their hair keeps growing until they can barely move.
that doesnt mean they like being sheared. Just because we made them reliant on us doesn't make the process of shearing any better.
You have no way of knowing if they like it or not, and that’s not my point. My point is, if you DONT shear them they’re guaranteed to suffer.
I have no way of knowing that stabbing you hurts you because I can't read your brain-isms but if you avoid it, scream, struggle and try to get away I'll assume you're in pain and distressed.

Since we know mammals have consciousness and feel pain and emotions in much the same basic way we can, we probably shouldn't inflict it on them.

Pro tip: If you selectively breed an animal until it is reliant on you/suffers entirely based on it's own body, you have already done something wrong and that version of that animal shouldn't continue to be bred.

I am not saying there is no good way to shear a sheep without it freaking out, I am saying that a significant amount of wool comes from 'factory farm' style shearing sheds which process thousands of sheep in short periods of time, resulting in a rushed process that can hurt the animals. And what happens when those sheep get older? They're slaughtered, often sent to third world countries with poor regulations on the sheep equivalent of slave ships.

Wool is not so precious that I would risk it coming from an unethical source. And all those sheep die in the end anyway for meat.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #403685

Cosmic political cartoons HAS to be the worst timeline
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #403686

Armhulen wrote:Cosmic political cartoons HAS to be the worst timeline
This is true, we are currently in the darkest timeline.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #403687

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote: I'm not upset that some moralizing activists think I'm acting "immoral", I'm upset because they think they can traipse around on their self imposed moral high ground and try and take things away from other people.
Should I link you that time you argued for several pages in favour of putting people in prison for doing drugs or do you remember well enough
Not my argument, my argument was those people (people doing drugs) have agency for their actions.
Must have confused you with bman, my bad.

I still find it hard to believe you are categorically against governments or social pressure enforcing norms or rules in society though.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #403689

Heanceforth I will only eat things which have a face or I can imagine having a face.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #403693

consensus on honey?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #403702

you're literally raping the bees and don't do it
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #403723

IkeTG wrote:consensus on honey?
syrup is better than honey on pancakes
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403736

IkeTG wrote:consensus on honey?
Bees regularly get crushed in trays and transporting them all over the place to pollinate unnaturally introduces diseases they're unfamiliar with into various populations, which is bad for the transported bees and is one of the reason wild bee populations are being wiped out. They are fed a lower nutrient syrup substitute instead of the honey they'd normally eat, resulting in starvation for the sake of profit (On a massive scale, why bother feeding bees you don't need? Let them starve out and save some moolah while spring comes back round)

Bees are obviously lower sentience than mammals, so this is not as terrible as factory farming, but it's enough that I'm not interested in honey, particularly as there's nothing special about honey other sugar syrups can't replicate.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403739

lmao it's like thsi faggot doesn't buy organic honey from local sources
my university's biology department actually make their own honey
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #403744

>this has received another 200+ replies since i checked it last night

so when is this going in the reserves
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403748

Local honey is the fucking best get fucked veganfags. Toasted croissant with some butter and honey and a glass of milk is a godlike way to start your day.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403749

Kor wrote:I still find it hard to believe you are categorically against governments or social pressure enforcing norms or rules in society though.
Nani the fuck? Of course I'm not opposed to the government enforcing societal norms, provided they're GOOD societal norms like "don't murder" or "don't steal" or "pay your fucking taxes".
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403752

Pretending flow hive don't exist so you can pretend handling bees makes you evil.
NOICE

Honey can just be replaced by sugar or syrup goes both ways if you fuck up and take too much or put them in the wrong location you can feed them sugars and syrups.

It being immoral to kill insects makes the protection of crops from pests immoral.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403755

Vegan endgame all animals and insects are dead so they can't suffer. The surface of earth is reduced to vast algal mats bent to feeding humans.
Bad dragon still produces animal cock dildos so only thing vegans' need from living animals is handled.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403765

Incomptinence wrote:Bad dragon still produces animal cock dildos so only thing vegans' need from living animals is handled.
have the tiniest amused dragon

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403772

What about silk? It's used not just for clothing but in medical and industrial areas as well, is there anything that can be used as a substitute with the same properties?

Also, what about animal testing? Is it ethical?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403780

animal testing is very very iffy and my uneducated kneejerk response is "no thanks for anything where there's a viable alternative, excluding cost as viability factor"
but then I think of life-saving medicine

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403791

Grazyn wrote:Also, what about animal testing? Is it ethical?
Yes. It's either test it on animals or test it on humans, and fifty humans are infinitely more valuable than, say, fifty rats.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403792

Incomptinence wrote:Pretending flow hive don't exist so you can pretend handling bees makes you evil.
NOICE

Honey can just be replaced by sugar or syrup goes both ways if you fuck up and take too much or put them in the wrong location you can feed them sugars and syrups.

It being immoral to kill insects makes the protection of crops from pests immoral.
What you "delete everything" retards don't notice is the actual vegan definition

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

There will always be accidental deaths, especially of insects and small mammals, and this is an unfortunate consequence of us needing food, but we do ultimately need those crops. I support GMO crops which result in fewer pesticides kiling less fauna on farms to help with that, but obviously some things will die.

Which is why instead of worrying about this minutia, almost all vegans focus on factory farming, because billions of animals being intentionall bred, confined, tortured and killed is the priority at the moment. We can narrow in on the smaller stuff after that big thing is dealt with
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403793

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Also, what about animal testing? Is it ethical?
Yes. It's either test it on animals or test it on humans, and fifty humans are infinitely more valuable than, say, fifty rats.
except animal testing is ultimately ineffective in most use cases and relying on it has caused many tragedies to the human race as stuff slips through
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403794

Human life is less valuable than animals so all medicine tested on animals is evil.

We have committed the original sin of being smarter than a pig (after the age of 5 humans are beyond redemption).

When your dog gets loose and savages another creature it is more virtuous than any human to even live because sacred dumb doggo.

PRESENTING THE NEW WAY TO WIND BACK HUMAN EVILUTION AND LIVE IN IGNORANT BLISS
RETURN TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN PURGE YOURSELF OF CARNIST SHAME!
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403799

or you know, have an oreo
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #403801

page 12

lol
Limey wrote:its too late.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403806

Oreos have "cross contact" with milk, meaning that small amounts of milk may have come into contact with either the cookies or the equipment used to make them. Cross contact makes it impossible to guarantee that the delicious treat you consume doesn't contain trace amounts of milk.
Welcome back to civilisation sticky.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403811

Incomptinence wrote:
Oreos have "cross contact" with milk, meaning that small amounts of milk may have come into contact with either the cookies or the equipment used to make them. Cross contact makes it impossible to guarantee that the delicious treat you consume doesn't contain trace amounts of milk.
Welcome back to civilisation sticky.
See if I was religious or allergic that would matter

but cross contaminated food doesn't influence supply and demand enough to matter

what a dummy
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403813

funding a milk using company with your vegandollars

shameful
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #403815

Did you know...

most sugar isn't vegan since something something animal bones in processing something?
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403827

That doesn't sound very halal!
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #403844

SaveVatznick wrote:Did you know...

most sugar isn't vegan since something something animal bones in processing something?
You would be surprised at how many things contain animal byproducts.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403908

I think that "vegan world bad end" is the most likely outcome but it won't be as devastating as you think. Most people lived on a plant-based diet with meat as a luxury food up until the economic boom, we enjoyed some 70 years of abundance but it was never meant to last, especially now that shitholes choked with people like India and China want to enjoy the same lifestyle
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #403909

nah mate, the most likely outcome is vat grown meat
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403945

SaveVatznick wrote:Did you know...

this is mainly an issue in the US but yup

luckily many vegans have already emailed lots of companies asking about their sugar so finding out is just a quick google away
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403951

did you know every time you sip milk a thousand cows instantly scream in agony?
~*vegan fakts*~
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403952

Incomptinence wrote:did you know every time you sip milk a thousand cows instantly scream in agony?
~*vegan fakts*~
did you know every time you exist an omni gets triggered
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #403953

[youtube]HBO8ol9vXKI[/youtube]
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #403959

Spoiler:
Grazyn wrote:[youtube]3JiUDoRM_dI[/youtube]
This is honestly worse than the star wars pro-carnivore movement that explicitly protests gm-foods through the use of blue pears

[youtube]0XTldHaox1I[/youtube]

But fuck both these filler scenes.

Spoiler:
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #404016

Grazyn wrote:I think that "vegan world bad end" is the most likely outcome but it won't be as devastating as you think. Most people lived on a plant-based diet with meat as a luxury food up until the economic boom, we enjoyed some 70 years of abundance but it was never meant to last, especially now that shitholes choked with people like India and China want to enjoy the same lifestyle
>too many people
>the people want meat
>people are made of meat

The solution is obvious.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #404017

Most people are too fatty and don't have enough muscle, the meat would be worthless
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #404021

Lazengann wrote:Most people are too fatty and don't have enough muscle, the meat would be worthless
Have you ever enjoyed a fine steak of Kobe beef? I guess fat people would yield a similar kind of meat, marbled and tender.

If not, mechanically separated meat doesn't really require a premium source to be used for meat products
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404110

just put franks red hot down my dick hole and now i got fire coming out of my junk ama
crack is whack but smacks got your back
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #404137

holy shit why are there 12 pages of this

it's food. no matter what it is, you just end up shitting it out (hi TCP). who gives a fuck what others eat
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #404140

The answer is sticky. Sticky cares.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #404141

i do nobody should eat mcdonalds food
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
bandit

Post by bandit » #404144

this includes people who care about other people being vegan/vegetarian, who literally gives a fuck

probably couldn't be vegan myself though, vegan cheese is garbage. vegan baking is p. good though

admin feedback pls
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404150

SpaceInaba wrote:i do nobody should eat mcdonalds food
FUCK u

mcdonalds nuggets are fucking cultural heritage material
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #404158

ColonicAcid wrote:
SpaceInaba wrote:i do nobody should eat mcdonalds food
FUCK u

mcdonalds nuggets are fucking cultural heritage material
enjoy your age 40 heart disease LOL
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404161

ill enjoy it by eating 20 in one sitting and u can fucking watch me LOL
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #404162

ok LOL
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
bandit

Post by bandit » #404168

does anyone have that mcdonalds admin chart I think it needs to be updated

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #404207

bandit wrote:holy shit why are there 12 pages of this

it's food. no matter what it is, you just end up shitting it out (hi TCP). who gives a fuck what others eat
arguing in bad faith, reported you to the moderators