[saegrimr] Heisenburgerz - First Permanent ban for meta

Appeals which have been closed.
Heisenbergerz

[saegrimr] Heisenburgerz - First Permanent ban for meta

Post by Heisenbergerz » #39523

Banned by host: Reason: You, or another user of this computer or connectiin (heisenbergerz) is banned from playing here. The bas reason is (MANUAL BAN) Metacommunications with faze_linco. Would like you to explain yourselves in the ban request form for "Vlad Putin" This ban was applied by saegrimr on 2014-10-6 12:59:47,
Byond account and character name: Heisenbergerz/Vlad Putin

Banning admin: saegrimr

Ban reason and length: You, or another user of this computer or connectiin (heisenbergerz) is banned from playing here. The bas reason is (MANUAL BAN) Metacommunications with faze_linco. Would like you to explain yourselves in the ban request form for "Vlad Putin" This ban was applied by saegrimr on 2014-10-6 12:59:47,

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-6 12:59:47 (GMT +8:00)

Your side of the story: A friend introduced me to this game and i was kinda new and din't know what metacommunications meant first, but now i understand

Why you think you should be unbanned: Me and my friends think its a bit harsh to permanently ban someone new just for meta, maybe I deserved a ban but I din't think it would be a permanent ban. I've tried other servers and learned about metagaming and metaknowledge so I think I know what to do now. My friends usually main on /tg/ and I would like to join them, i think i'm more mature and experienced enough to join what he thinks is apparently the best server for ss13. Thanks in advance for reading this.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] Heisenburgerz - First Permanent ban for meta

Post by Saegrimr » #39598

Alright so the problem here is you and your friend were sharing information OOC which led to ruining someone else's round completely, as well as some other questionable actions.
Doing so as a sec officer is even worse, where there are some high expectations for not being a turd to other people.

The ban request in question was this round. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1604

So heres the plan, since its been a month but I can't exactly trust the two of you to NOT metabuddy around as you've proven before and already stated in your appeal, i'll unban one of the two of you.
Since you're the one who appealed, i'm more inclined to let you back on, however the two of you should figure out who needs their spacemens fix more.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Heisenbergerz

Post by Heisenbergerz » #39647

Oh wow...I never realized how awful I was. In hindsight I really should not have played sec while trying to learn the game. Anyhow I think that guy must have been new too, and although I don't have absolute proof, I honestly have no idea who that other guy was apart from some random other guy. We weren't ooc friends or anything, I think it was just coincidentally 2 people being terrible at the game at the same time and place.

I would appreciate being unbanned, I don't really care much for the other person since I have no idea who he is honestly.

Thanks for reading the appeal.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #39654

Alright, ban lifted. I expect great things.

If you're caught in metacomms again with anybody else then no appeal will save you.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.