[Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, In-Game Head Admins

Shark-sie
 
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

[Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Shark-sie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:37 am #439193

Post Content: Lord please give me the strength.
Byond account and character name: Shark-sie and Cain Barrows
Banning admin: Kingtut
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-12 04:02:19 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:
I light crit a scientist for not researching mining, or telling me he was researching mining.
I got back stationside, said ORM is not upgraded. checked my lathe for any mining tools and bluespace, and none were there.
I gave him ample warning before leaving cargo that I was coming to beat his face in.
I beat his face in, EXACTLY into crit. Last hit sent him over the edge. Stopped there.
Ordered a borg to heal him, which the borg did right away. Blood was not lost, he did not die, he did not nearly die. He was healed to full and came right back to RND.
Kingtut decided this was not okay, I told him in ticket that we literally have a policy in place to allow this type of conflict.
He said I was using it as an excuse. I feel that he does not like escalation policy and instead would rather enforce his own ideals that are not covered by the rules.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I mean really? catgirls and lizards get crit and killed every other day for existing. I had a legitimate reason, and have done this many times before, to break in and beat a scientist over the head. He needed to learn his lesson about using the points for important shit, or communicating that he intended to. I told him that over comms, let it be a lesson.
If you ignore security asking you to come with them, theyre going to arrest you.
if you ignore the captain asking for the disk, hes going to execute you.
If you ignore the miner asking for research, hes going to crit you.
That is TG. I even ordered a capable borg to heal him and he went and did it instantly. I dont see how this situation is even remotely a problem.

To be more clear and professional about it, I was operating under the assumption that escalation policy existed to allow situations like this to exist without removing players from the round, and as long as neither party is permanently removed as a nonantagonist, all is well.
Rereading the policy, is say you are allowed to use violence, you are allowed to instigate conflict to a reasonable degree, as long as they are not removed from the round.
From what I understand, and think is a correct understanding, if I do not receive mining tech in a reasonable time, I can break down the windoor and show the scientist that miners are not entertained by wasting RND points on silly shit.
He claims he was working on mining tech, but I researched the entire mining tech and engineering trees myself. He made no attempt to say wait im researching this give me a moment. He said theres no silver in the ORM and then I smashed his face. When he dropped, I did not attack him a single time more, I let him be healed by the borg because the borg intervened and flashed me. I made it a point to order the borg so it wouldnt just fuck off.
With his lack of communication, and my lack of mining tech, I feel this is exactly the type of situation that escalation policy exists to cover, and cannot see a reason why this should net a ban. Or even a note. Let alone a permanent ban



User avatar
Owegno
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm
Location: Western Freedonia
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Owegno » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 am #439208

This ban is perfectly fine by me. Reminder: Rule 1: Don't be a dick. Critting someone because they didn't want to do their job how YOU wanted them to is being a fucking dick. Nor is it at all acceptable under these escalation rules (or the past ones) to crit someone because they didn't do their job how you wanted them to. Someone not doing their job how YOU, someone who isn't their department head, want them to is not a retaliateable offense. Nor can you go around randomly critting people.

TL;DR, You're being a dick, and no this doesn't fall under escalation policy.

Shark-sie
 
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Shark-sie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 am #439214

I can see how one might think this is just being a dick to a scientist
However consider the following: mining research is mission critical to MY job. This scientist not doing his job impedes directly on my entire round. The KA simply does not cut it for the task of mining. Even upgraded, a KA is only good for killing fauna, getting around or to minerals simply is not viable full round with a KA.

That said, I would also be inclined to agree is this was either a full killing or a random killing. However, I knew exactly who I was going for as he confirmed himself as the rnd scientist that we asked for mining tech. I did not enter the department and attack a random scientist, I would agree that would be a dick move.
I also did not fully kill him, I made it a point to avoid doing any more damage to him and his round than a single fitting and healing.
There also exists the fact that there were at least 2 minutes while I broke in, and a minute while I was cuffed, to where he could have communicated and cleared up the misunderstanding.
For these reasons, the misunderstanding stemming from his lack of communication and the targeted nature of the incident and the lack of death and the impediment this would have on my job as shaft miner, I feel this incident should fall within the rules that TG currently has in place.

Anyone will tell you, people kill for less on TG and it's never a problem. I bothered to have a reason, and to make sure he was not killed, and yet somehow this becomes a problem. Please do explain further so I can understand how a crit and heal is unacceptable if my reasoning here for this falling within the rules is somehow wrong

User avatar
Kangtut
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 pm
Byond Username: KangTut

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Kangtut » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:30 am #439221

For starters escalation says you may start conflict within reason. Beating a man to near death because you are mad that he didn't do the job the way you wanted it to be done is not reasonable, and he was very clearly working on the tech you wanted anyway. You made only a minor attempt (talking over comms which people miss all the time) to confirm your suspicion that he had been wasting points or not doing his job at all. You have been warned about terrible behavior both in game and out. The reason for this ban was because of a note left by a previous admin "Re-Apply the Perma Ban for any future bans. He has used up all of his chances."

Shark-sie
 
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Shark-sie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am #439236

Kangtut wrote:For starters escalation says you may start conflict within reason. Beating a man to near death because you are mad that he didn't do the job the way you wanted it to be done is not reasonable, and he was very clearly working on the tech you wanted anyway. You made only a minor attempt (talking over comms which people miss all the time) to confirm your suspicion that he had been wasting points or not doing his job at all. You have been warned about terrible behavior both in game and out. The reason for this ban was because of a note left by a previous admin "Re-Apply the Perma Ban for any future bans. He has used up all of his chances."


I know you desperately want to be correct in this "didnt make an attempt to confirm" statement. But you're not. I used all of the information available to me. I gave him fair warning, after checking the ORM (unupgraded tells me no HE parts) checking mining designs (0 designs means no mining tech. I researched them myself logs will show.) And no blue space designs (yes not even gps he did not research anything).
I then gave him two minutes to speak up while I broke down a window and table. Two minutes Is time to say dude relax I'm researching blue space and then mining.
I made a major attempt to confirm with all information possibly available to a miner that research was being done. It was not being done and I then did it myself.
I am also sure you are well aware that he was not near death. Considering he was in a crit level where he literally could and would not die because I am fairly certain at that damage threshhold you do not take oxyloss. We also have varying levels of crit, wherein if you are not attacked again after dropping you are nowhere near dead.

So please trying to sell this random act of violence deal you wanna sell to not seem like you made a bad decision. It was a very metered act of violence, controlled to the point of not killing another player, done in retaliation to a scientist withholding job critical research from me. I made every attempt to check for research with what is available to a shaft miner, which is every bit relevant considering this is a game where you are expected to act with limited information

EDIT: And before you say I could have just checked the console, I have already broken into this person's department. He is now allowed to pick up one or both of his blue boxy bois and beat my head in. I am forced to then react under the premise that he will, or it would be myself on the floor and I guarantee you not healed nor him bwoinkee

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 am #439237

A permanent ban for 100 points of damage and taking a man out of the round for under thirty seconds is kind of crazy.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby oranges » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 am #439240

I warned you about probation, but the ban has to stick, guy knew what the rules were going into his probation, he fucked himself
as she says in pain

Shark-sie
 
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Shark-sie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am #439246

Thanks to Haydee on discord I feel I should also point out that the scientist did attempt to fight back. Again under escalation policy removing his chance to ahelp to resolve the situation. Not that it seems like king cares for escalation policy either way. This should have been an IC issue

User avatar
Kangtut
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 pm
Byond Username: KangTut

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Kangtut » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am #439250

OK let me go over this in no particular order
" I gave him fair warning, after checking the ORM (unupgraded tells me no HE parts) checking mining designs (0 designs means no mining tech. I researched them myself logs will show.) And no blue space designs (yes not even gps he did not research anything).
I then gave him two minutes to speak up while I broke down a window and table. Two minutes Is time to say dude relax I'm researching blue space and then mining.
I made a major attempt to confirm with all information possibly available to a miner that research was being done. It was not being done and I then did it myself. "

First according to the game log your "fair warning" was a you jumping straight to threats WHILE you were bashing open an entrance for your to get in. Second as my logs show he DID research several things including HEP and started working on mining and bluespace. I suppose your major attempt did not involve checking the RnD computer or else you would have seen that he had been working. You say he could have attacked you because you broke in,but did not even attempt to ask the AI to let you in. Why would he have a reason to attack you if you did that? And people break into RnD all the time on top of that and almost none of them get their heads kicked in for it.

"I am also sure you are well aware that he was not near death. Considering he was in a crit level where he literally could and would not die because I am fairly certain at that damage threshhold you do not take oxyloss. We also have varying levels of crit, wherein if you are not attacked again after dropping you are nowhere near dead."

You beat him into crit because you threw a tantrum over information that you did not even know. You assumed he was researching nanites as the dialogue with the det shows and beat him because you he was not doing the job in the way you wanted him to. Sci is not obligated to do HEP/Blues pace and Mining, but most do that because it benefits everyone.

<small>03:23:25 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched datatheory({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:24:19 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched bluespace_basic({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:26:32 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched engineering({"General Research":7500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:28:48 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched high_efficiency({"General Research":7500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:30:26 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched biotech({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:31:17 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched basic_plasma

[2018-09-12 03:30:58.022] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Okay" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:01.618] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Im breaking down yur door" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:07.171] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "You didnt research mining." (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:26.575] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "You didnt" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:27.493] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "fucking" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:28.778] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "research" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:29.769] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "mining" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:52.513] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "HE didnt resaearch" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:53.503] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "mining" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:58.235] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Ill coem with you det" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:00.995] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "let me bring hte crusher" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:03.370] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "that shits expensive" (Research and Development (114, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:06.063] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "thanks" (Research and Development (114, 105, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:08.770] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Det" (Research and Development (113, 104, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:09.807] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Listen" (Research and Development (113, 104, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:14.416] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "hes researhcing nanites" (Research and Development (114, 101, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:18.231] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "instead of mining" (Research Division (117, 100, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:22.149] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Like a chucklefuck" (Research Division (118, 100, 2))

[2018-09-12 03:31:44.806] ATTACK: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) has attacked [table] with [proto-kinetic crusher (Wielded)] (Research and Development (111, 106, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:46.233] ATTACK: Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) has attempted to disarm Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) (NEWHP: 100) (Research and Development (111, 100, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:46.386] ATTACK: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) has attacked Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) with proto-kinetic crusher (Wielded)[DC] (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60) (Research and Development (111, 101, 2))

Shark-sie
 
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 am

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Shark-sie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 pm #439257

Kangtut wrote:OK let me go over this in no particular order
" I gave him fair warning, after checking the ORM (unupgraded tells me no HE parts) checking mining designs (0 designs means no mining tech. I researched them myself logs will show.) And no blue space designs (yes not even gps he did not research anything).
I then gave him two minutes to speak up while I broke down a window and table. Two minutes Is time to say dude relax I'm researching blue space and then mining.
I made a major attempt to confirm with all information possibly available to a miner that research was being done. It was not being done and I then did it myself. "

First according to the game log your "fair warning" was a you jumping straight to threats WHILE you were bashing open an entrance for your to get in. Second as my logs show he DID research several things including HEP and started working on mining and bluespace. I suppose your major attempt did not involve checking the RnD computer or else you would have seen that he had been working. You say he could have attacked you because you broke in,but did not even attempt to ask the AI to let you in. Why would he have a reason to attack you if you did that? And people break into RnD all the time on top of that and almost none of them get their heads kicked in for it.

"I am also sure you are well aware that he was not near death. Considering he was in a crit level where he literally could and would not die because I am fairly certain at that damage threshhold you do not take oxyloss. We also have varying levels of crit, wherein if you are not attacked again after dropping you are nowhere near dead."

You beat him into crit because you threw a tantrum over information that you did not even know. You assumed he was researching nanites as the dialogue with the det shows and beat him because you he was not doing the job in the way you wanted him to. Sci is not obligated to do HEP/Blues pace and Mining, but most do that because it benefits everyone.

<small>03:23:25 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched datatheory({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:24:19 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched bluespace_basic({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:26:32 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched engineering({"General Research":7500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:28:48 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched high_efficiency({"General Research":7500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:30:26 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched biotech({"General Research":2500}) on techweb id SCIENCE.<br>
<small>03:31:17 [0x200821b] (110,104,2)</small> || Core R&D Console Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) researched basic_plasma

[2018-09-12 03:30:58.022] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Okay" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:01.618] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Im breaking down yur door" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:07.171] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "You didnt research mining." (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:26.575] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "You didnt" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:27.493] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "fucking" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:28.778] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "research" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:29.769] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "mining" (Research Division (114, 108, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:52.513] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "HE didnt resaearch" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:53.503] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "mining" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:58.235] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Ill coem with you det" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:00.995] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "let me bring hte crusher" (Research and Development (113, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:03.370] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "that shits expensive" (Research and Development (114, 103, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:06.063] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "thanks" (Research and Development (114, 105, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:08.770] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Det" (Research and Development (113, 104, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:09.807] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Listen" (Research and Development (113, 104, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:14.416] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "hes researhcing nanites" (Research and Development (114, 101, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:18.231] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "instead of mining" (Research Division (117, 100, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:32:22.149] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Like a chucklefuck" (Research Division (118, 100, 2))

[2018-09-12 03:31:44.806] ATTACK: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) has attacked [table] with [proto-kinetic crusher (Wielded)] (Research and Development (111, 106, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:46.233] ATTACK: Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) has attempted to disarm Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) (NEWHP: 100) (Research and Development (111, 100, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:46.386] ATTACK: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) has attacked Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) with proto-kinetic crusher (Wielded)[DC] (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60) (Research and Development (111, 101, 2))


"First according to the game log your "fair warning" was a you jumping straight to threats WHILE you were bashing open an entrance for your to get in."
[2018-09-12 03:31:01.618] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Im breaking down yur door" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:07.171] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "You didnt research mining." (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
6 whole seconds before I even Left my department to get to his. Correct me if I am wrong, but 6 seconds delay is NOT the same as DURING.

[2018-09-12 03:31:01.618] SAY: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) "Im breaking down yur door" (Cargo Bay (75, 146, 2))
[2018-09-12 03:31:44.806] ATTACK: Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) has attacked [table] with [proto-kinetic crusher (Wielded)] (Research and Development (111, 106, 2))
There are 43 entireseconds here he spent watching me break down a reinforced table and windoor. He did not make any attempt to communicate, and instead opted to attack me back instead, as shown by Kings own logs. [2018-09-12 03:31:46.233] ATTACK: Pedro1562/(Mukuro Ikusaba) has attempted to disarm Shark-sie/(Cain Barrows) (NEWHP: 100) (Research and Development (111, 100, 2))

"Second as my logs show he DID research several things including HEP and started working on mining and bluespace."
So you are ignoring the part where I tell you that he did not communicate this to me, that I made all the checks I could to see if it was true it existed, and that I am valid salad since I have broken into his department. That tells me you do not know how to handle that information and would rather ignore it. Also go ahead and post the logs for what I had to research, instead of just showing us the logs of what he did. Shows you a lot more of what I had to do that he was not doing.

"Why would he have a reason to attack you if you did that? And people break into RnD all the time on top of that and almost none of them get their heads kicked in for it."
Wrong. Like. Just wrong. Assisstants die on the daily for breaking into RND and it is marked IC issue because its valid.

"You beat him into crit because you threw a tantrum over information that you did not even know."
Yes its almost like I said exactly that. Thank you for validating this claim.

"beat him because you he was not doing the job in the way you wanted him to. Sci is not obligated to do HEP/Blues pace and Mining, but most do that because it benefits everyone.
"
You say wanted, but the correct term is needed. My job requires this research and it benefits the entire station for it to be done. Scientists that DONT do this research are opening themselves up to a lynching, hence why the det released me saying he deserved it.
It is not my responsibility to prove BEYOND what my job allows me to prove before acting on the information I have available. Scientists every single day ignore mining RND and they need to learn that its annoying, detrimental to the station as a whole, and should not be done.
If you feel that is a problem, take it up with a headmin for a policy ruling or a coder to get mining tech changed so that it is not required for the job to be done with a reasonable level of ease. However as the rules currently stand, this encounter is within the rules as they are written, and the spirit behind the rules. "Instigate conflcit to a reasonable degree" even specifies not to blow up departments over theft. However a soft critting over miscommunication and a lack of JOB CRITICAL RESEARCH sounds like he has the better end of the deal here.

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby Arianya » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:08 pm #439262

Technically I'm not headmin yet for another 3 days and technically this has already been answered by Owegno but I'm going to throw my voice in here since apparently that wasn't enough.

You, as a miner, do not get to dictate what is researched. You may want a piece of research gear and it may make you far more efficient at your job, but if you wanted the right to research what you wanted you should have put RD or Scientist higher on your job preferences.

You leaping from "you didn't research a thing I wanted" to "I am bashing into your department and critting you" is wholesale shitty, rule 1 infringing behaviour. Why didn't you bug the RD about it? Why not bug your own department head about it? Why not withdraw all the materials from the protolathe and hold them hostage for your much desired upgrades? Why must the answer be to crit someone and then do their job for them?

At the end of the day this is a game about roleplay, and you opted to bypass even the modicum of roleplay we use and instead go for knocking the guy out and doing the research you wanted.

Scientists that DONT do this research are opening themselves up to a lynching


This is not and has never been policy. Research decide what they research, and while you may end up in a situation where their refusal to research something leads to you taking violent action against them, this isn't one of them.

and instead opted to attack me back instead


A disarm is not retaliation. It's very specifically a non-lethal, non-harmful action.

Scientists every single day ignore mining RND and they need to learn that its annoying, detrimental to the station as a whole, and should not be done.


If you want to ensure science researches Mining then roll Scientist/RD, otherwise this isn't your lesson to teach nor even is it an absolute truth.

If you feel that is a problem, take it up with a headmin for a policy ruling


Hi
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [Kangtut] The dumbest permaban I think anyone has ever applied.

Unread postby CitrusGender » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:35 pm #439342

escalation policy is kinda a moot point in this instance since this really isn't how the game is meant to be played. Understand the spirit of the rules, you're not supposed to beat the shit out of someone for not giving you access to technology.

I appreciate the input from dumb pink name up there.

Arianya wrote:
Scientists that DONT do this research are opening themselves up to a lynching


This is not and has never been policy. Research decide what they research, and while you may end up in a situation where their refusal to research something leads to you taking violent action against them, this isn't one of them.


I don't know where you got this from Shark, but this has never been policy. This type of mentality does not belong on the server and I feel like we've had enough discussions about "escalation" in these threads.

Owegno already gave is opinion and I confirm with his opinion. This appeal is denied.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest