Appeals which have been closed.
KingOfAlabama

[Eylina] banned for asking ahelping

Post by KingOfAlabama » #447643

Byond account and character name:KingAlabama

Banning admin:Eylina

Ban type (What are you banned from?): all servers

Ban reason and length:Banned by Eylina
spent wizard round greytiding and stealing shit despite a very recent warning against this behavior, shot a sec officer with rubbershot which ended up getting them killed, broke into hos office, then started to break into armory and adminhelped when he was killed for it this is called ban baiting. banned for 1 day

Time ban was placed (including time zone):2018-10-19 22:03:17

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Bagil

Your side of the story:It was a wiz round so that justified my reasoning to steal things to go into armory when there was a threat to the station and when I was trying to break into the Hos office a catgirl saw me and chased me into maintenance with a taser, I knew there was a laughter demon so I really didnt want to be cuffed and eaten so I shot her with rubber-shot and guess what, A laughter demon was watching the whole time and ate her. That was the how sec person got killed. When I went near armory I saw a virologist shooting a guy in a straight jacket with a disabler gun and taunting him, I went up to him and just basically said hello and started to try and get into the armory, he came out wit two disablers and shot me till I was on the ground. I kept asking why he was doing this as a virologist and he kept saying he "i'm not a virologist, i'm a pet" and then put me into a straight jacket and buckled me into a seat and shot me in the mouth saying I was a bad boy or some weird shit all while the warden watched. warden saw me die and just realized and then just put my dead body into a locker and locked it. When I admin helped this, Eylina said that the virologist was turned into the deputy and justified my execution. When I kept asking how that is allowed Eylina kept saying the same thing over saying I was being shitter by stealing and how I deserved it. Now I would have not cared to have been killed if it was one of the people I stole from or wronged, but I was killed by some fetish freak that kept calling himself a pet that I never interacted with. I'm not even complaining about the Ban, I'm just complaining about the reason, Eylina said I was ban baiting when I clearly was not and gave no warning saying how I was or an explaining how I am.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont think I should be unbanned, because I see how my play-style does piss people off, but the ban reason is what i'm angry about. The false accusation of Ban baiting another player. Saying that my plead for help was just trying to get another person banned when they literally had no reason to commit the actions they had done. Also the fact the Eylina never bothered to explain how I was Ban baiting, Eylina literally just banned me after the round was over and not even telling me how I am breaking a rule or even talking to me when I was obviously in the lobby. As I said, it is not the ban I am mad about, just the reason for it. I find it very unprofessional to just straight up accuse a person for something they did not do and then banning them without prior clarification.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Eylina] banned for asking ahelping

Post by elyina » #447667

I was pretty close to banning you even before you sent this adminhelp. The officer that got killed as a result of your actions adminhelped, and I was observing you and reviewing your notes. An admin had talked to you about your playstyle and behavior just yesterday, and you were back to doing the same things literally the very next day. The ban baiting is just one part of why you were banned.
The definition of ban baiting is when it's simply common sense why you deserved to be killed, yet you adminhelp anyway. The virologist that killed you was deputized by the warden and was functionally a part of sec. He was still wearing a virologist uniform, so I could see someone being confused over being killed by them in a normal situation, but after everything you'd done that round, can I really give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know what was coming to you, even given your own admission that you were being shit?
KingOfAlabama

Post by KingOfAlabama » #447668

You still haven't explained to me how I was ban baiting.
elyina

Post by elyina » #447670

I did explain it.
The definition of ban baiting is when it's simply common sense why you deserved to be killed, yet you adminhelp anyway. The virologist that killed you was deputized by the warden and was functionally a part of sec. He was still wearing a virologist uniform, so I could see someone being confused over being killed by them in a normal situation, but after everything you'd done that round, can I really give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know what was coming to you, even given your own admission that you were being shit?
KingOfAlabama

Post by KingOfAlabama » #447671

elyina wrote:I did explain it.
So what youre saying is that just because somebody was able to become sec they can now execute people. Thats like saying any sec officer has the authority to execute anyone.
elyina

Post by elyina » #447676

I don't see how you could infer that from what I said.
Trying to break into the armory makes you insta-valid for sec personnel. This is even written directly on the rules page. The virologist was at the time, for all intents and purposes, sec personnel.
KingOfAlabama

Post by KingOfAlabama » #447677

elyina wrote:I don't see how you could infer that from what I said.
Trying to break into the armory makes you insta-valid for sec personnel. This is even written directly on the rules page. The virologist was at the time, for all intents and purposes, sec personnel.
im pretty sure the warden has no authority to make someone into sec
elyina

Post by elyina » #447684

The warden going over the head of the HoS (if there even was one in this round) to appoint a deputy is an IC situation. The deputized viro was within his right to act as he did. At this point we're really just arguing semantics over just one part of the ban. The most you could hope for pressing this issue is for the banbaiting bit to be removed from the ban reason/note. The ban would otherwise remain justified to stand as is.
KingOfAlabama

Post by KingOfAlabama » #447692

elyina wrote:The warden going over the head of the HoS (if there even was one in this round) to appoint a deputy is an IC situation. The deputized viro was within his right to act as he did. At this point we're really just arguing semantics over just one part of the ban. The most you could hope for pressing this issue is for the banbaiting bit to be removed from the ban reason/note. The ban would otherwise remain justified to stand as is.
you still have no jutification on ban baiting note on me, you just seem to not even try and see what the problem was, instead due to your laziness or lack of understanding that you assumed I just knew that a virologist who still had a virologist id and a virologist suit was a sec all of a sudden and me breaking in allowed the man who I thought I was a just another guy who also broke in was given permission to execute me. You not being mindful is shown when you cant seem to understand that when something happens to a person, not everybody will know what has happened to them, ie the virologist being turned into sec. How was I supposed to know that, you know especially when the guy who was supposedly sec is saying that he is the warden's pet. Then you without even explaining it ban me after the round ends with no further explanation even though you knew I was in the lobby.
elyina

Post by elyina » #447703

I have given you the justification. I also explained why I did not give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the viro. I don't think there is anything else constructive to be discussed in this thread, that said this appeal is denied and I am locking the thread. Unless I am overruled by a fullmin or headmin this will be moved to resolved in a few days.