[CosmicScientist] - Garready

Moderators: In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, DMCA Staff, In-Game Head Admins, DMCA Lead

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

[CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:30 pm #450066

Byond account and character name: Garready. Majika Paprika
Banning admin:CosmicScientist

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Rule 8

Ban reason and length: (Pernament Ban) Posted some videoclip of sensitive surgery removal and made a joke/reference about "this is you when having larva/chestbuster removal Surgery.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):19.46.19 28th October 2018

Your side of the story: tried to expressed something funny.. got banned. My humors where a bit dark..

Why you think you should be unbanned: made a fatal mistake.. I still want to play this game



User avatar
CosmicScientist
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am
Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 am #450371

Chestburster removal surgery was an OOC link to anal sex toy removal surgery.

Unless I'm mistaken the stance I received in PMs was thinking only I had a problem with that being posted.

Complained in OOC afterwards that he was being banned over posting the video. I do not recall stating there was going to be a ban at that point as a ban itself is enough explanation.

Despite not being a christian SS13 server, we come to play this game for fun and watching someone being sliced open isn't in most people's definition of fun.


I placed on a three day ban originally, Francinum changed it to a permanent ban. I'm not entirely sure if this appeal is good enough to remove the permaban as you are childish, i.e. it took a lengthy number of PMs to try and explain linking NSFW content is not okay and the mild OOC outburst afterwards has not happened with anyone else I've been generously patient with in PMs.


Slightly related but not to the original ban, might as well document it here: the ban terminated for some reason and Garready was playing this last evening until Francinum reapplied the ban.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Image
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:07 am #450372

What should i do to lift the pernament ban?

User avatar
francinum
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 pm
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Unread postby francinum » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 pm #450426

My opinions are mostly mirrored by Cosmic, it took way too long for you to acknowledge that this wasn't an okay thing to do, and I'm not entirely sure if that's sunk in yet, given that this appeal isn't all that substantial.
Spoiler:
Image


Image
Image


Image
Image

Image

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm #450434

Is this what people looks like behind their mask? behind the internet? behind their nicknames? they can act cruel as they please..without a single shred of compassion at all to people who make mistake?

I am not good with words..I know. I am not a robot. I am not a perfect being. I'm just a human like you making mistakes or trying to have some fun for his miserable life.

I do not know I am not that good to persuade someone. For me if someone made this kind of 'mistake' i will punish him so he may learn that mistake and not to repeat it again. But i will NOT definitely 'kill' him.

User avatar
CosmicScientist
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am
Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm #450435

We've been running for around four months now and as far as I'm aware, no-one else has decided to post someone being cut open in OOC.

It's a free game, we have high standards and aren't paid to babysit players who act as they please. We're not killing you, we're excluding you.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Image
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

PostThis post was deleted by francinum on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:32 pm.
Reason: This post may contain traces of peanut

User avatar
Nabski
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Nabski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm #450438

I'm unclear here. What's the standard on one person changing anothers ban length and time and why was it applied here. I can't tell if this process is the same or different from standard tg because I don't know the roles or ranks of people involved here.

Additionally rule 8 has historically been ERP related things, whereas shitty shock gore stuff would more like rule 3 and 1.

I don't disagree with the ban, just parts of it seem handled oddly.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Unused but hilarious sprite repository.

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm #450439

could you atleast give me a chance? i know what i did is fucked up.. I want you to know how truly sorry I am for the joke I post at that game that day. It was in very poor taste, and I am sorry that it offended you. Looking back on it, I was insensitive and just did what i pleased. Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitivity and be assured that I will no longer tell jokes of that type.

User avatar
LaKiller8
DMCA Lead
 
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Byond Username: LaKiller8

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby LaKiller8 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:48 pm #450441

Nabski wrote:I'm unclear here. What's the standard on one person changing anothers ban length and time and why was it applied here. I can't tell if this process is the same or different from standard tg because I don't know the roles or ranks of people involved here.


Currently, the only way to permanently ban someone is for someone to pass the ishost() check when upgrading the timed ban, which means only our three heads can do this. That will be removed in the very near future, thus this was done out of necessity.

User avatar
Nabski
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Nabski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm #450445

So did cosmic tell the player it's a three day ban, then while he was banned francium reviewed it as a head and said "hey this should be a perma" or was francium involved in the entire original ticket.

Clearing up that francinum is a head was helpful however. I was afraid that your punishment on DMCA was whatever the longest thing any admin online wanted it to be.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Unused but hilarious sprite repository.

User avatar
CosmicScientist
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am
Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:55 pm #450471

Nabski wrote:I'm unclear here. What's the standard on one person changing anothers ban length and time and why was it applied here. I can't tell if this process is the same or different from standard tg because I don't know the roles or ranks of people involved here.

Additionally rule 8 has historically been ERP related things, whereas shitty shock gore stuff would more like rule 3 and 1.

I don't disagree with the ban, just parts of it seem handled oddly.

I assigned it to rule 8 because I wasn't sure which rule applied but I at least knew it was worth a ban because LaKiller said to handle it and Rohesie agreed. I'm a trialmin and asked LaKiller, admin, for what the ban length should be since it was my first ban and he said three days. Francinum, headmin, upped it to a permaban after-the-fact when he found out about it.

Since I'm a trialmin I'm not going to contest Franci's review for above all else, I don't know what punishments are appropriate but from what I've seen we have a no nonsense policy and others may have just initiated with a ban in my place.

The only side piece I proposed for alternative punishment was an OOC mute/ban for a lengthy period as that would prevent a repeat but we physically lack the tools for mutes beyond a single round.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Image
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

User avatar
subject217
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby subject217 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:41 pm #450477

when it doubt rule 1 it out so people can't lawyer you lol

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:10 pm #450512

what will happen to me now?

User avatar
Nabski
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Nabski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm #450527

Crlo Ccho wrote:what will happen to me now?


So not much discussion has been had about your ban yet, it was mostly discussion around the PROCESS of your ban.

Typically bans are appealed, the original admin chimes in. (This is DMCA so this may be slightly different)
Successful appeals typically at this stage are typically because you think the admin missed some information, a sufficient time has passed, or the involved parties may have cooled off since the original ban.

If no conclusion is made, then a headadmin can step in to either reaffirm what the original admin said, or change the ban. This is not a mandatory part of ban appeals.
Typically the headmin is chiming in to clarify a policy point, or just be a final voice on the matter.

Often permanent bans aren't completely permanent. You may be able to appeal them again even if the original appeal fails. It's best to wait a few months and play elsewhere so that there is a record of you behaving well.

Cosmic most likely won't be changing the ban because he was following instructions from those above him. It sounds like there might be a difference in opinions of the headmins so you shouldn't give up hope. It seems like your point is "I thought this would be funny, I see now that it was badly inappropriate but I don't feel it was so aweful that I shouldn't be able to ever play here again. I hadn't done anything like this in the past and now that I know it's wrong I won't do it again" right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Unused but hilarious sprite repository.

Crlo Ccho
 
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Crlo Ccho » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm #450537

Nabski wrote:
Crlo Ccho wrote:what will happen to me now?


So not much discussion has been had about your ban yet, it was mostly discussion around the PROCESS of your ban.

Typically bans are appealed, the original admin chimes in. (This is DMCA so this may be slightly different)
Successful appeals typically at this stage are typically because you think the admin missed some information, a sufficient time has passed, or the involved parties may have cooled off since the original ban.

If no conclusion is made, then a headadmin can step in to either reaffirm what the original admin said, or change the ban. This is not a mandatory part of ban appeals.
Typically the headmin is chiming in to clarify a policy point, or just be a final voice on the matter.

Often permanent bans aren't completely permanent. You may be able to appeal them again even if the original appeal fails. It's best to wait a few months and play elsewhere so that there is a record of you behaving well.

Cosmic most likely won't be changing the ban because he was following instructions from those above him. It sounds like there might be a difference in opinions of the headmins so you shouldn't give up hope. It seems like your point is "I thought this would be funny, I see now that it was badly inappropriate but I don't feel it was so aweful that I shouldn't be able to ever play here again. I hadn't done anything like this in the past and now that I know it's wrong I won't do it again" right?




thanks for the information man.. I am just kind of surprise the punishment i'd been imposed with.. its like a very severed martial law. One mistake and your DEAD!

"(*you serve some tea to your commander* and the commander said "Wait.. this is a wrong tea i asked, servant! Guards! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!") (*then you proceed getting executed*)"

normally there would be a first offence or second offence. Except the cheating or using some illegal shit software cases.

User avatar
francinum
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 pm
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby francinum » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 am #450615

I'm going to drop the ban, but keep in mind that this is pretty hot water, Don't do it again.

APPROVED
Spoiler:
Image


Image
Image


Image
Image

Image

User avatar
Rohesie
DMCA Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Unread postby Rohesie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:35 am #450636

To clarify on policy on this closed thread, the punishment was given after you showed no signs you understood the behavior was wrong, and argued about it not only regarding the AHelp but also in OOC.

I'd have gone with a timed ban, myself, and in the end it's how it went given this was lifted.

I fully agree that first offense shouldn't land anyone a perma as long as they are not malicious. We are not after such draconic laws. But moderating is changing the player's behavior, or attempting to. If you don't acknowledge and understand our rules we can't guarantee you won't be breaking them again.

In this thread you've stated you do, however, so I have hopes you'll stay with us and play properly. Mistakes happen and we learn from them. And in time notes are erased when no longer relevant, so it won't be an eternal black mark.

Have a good time. ^^


Return to DMCA Resolved Appeals, Complaints and Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests