[Jafuzz] - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Forum rules
Follow the Mentor Application or Administrator Application format when making a thread.

Applications which don't follow these formats will be denied.
JaFuzz

[Jafuzz] - Administrator Application

Unread postby JaFuzz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 pm #460340

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Jafuzz
Character name(s): Kenneth Elderson
Timezone: GMT+1
Discord tag: Winston1781#5240
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: No previous experience on SS13 but I do have experience admining on my own Arma 3 server.
How familiar are you with our ruleset: I have read your rules multiple times before playing.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: About 6 months.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Never banned
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: No bans ever.
Why do you want to become an administrator: I enjoy the community, I'd like to keep it running as long as possible and help run it.

Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.;
The player may be new so first I would pm him asking him if he is new and if receiving no reply I'd tell him how to reply to my PM's. (If he isn't a new player) I'd secondly ask the second person if the intent was malicious or not, if there was no intent to bring harm to the other person I would then talk to the MP's informing it was an accidental misfire and tell the MP's to release him.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.;
PM the player asking if he is new, like in the first response. Make sure he knows what he should be doing and teach him how to get started.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.;
I would take pictures of all aggressive comments given to me, passing them to the higher ranking staff before handing the person over to them. Making sure the higher admin is aware of the hostilities I had faced with trying to assist the person.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.;
Inform the player that all server rules are different and he should remember to read ALL rules of ALL servers he goes onto in the future as not all servers have the same rules! Definitely regarding names!

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.;
I'd ask what he is doing, making sure he is aware of the security level. If it is for RP purposes eg; Going down to the Surface to assist in FOB construction. I would allow him to continue. If not, I'd politely request that he puts it back until the appropriate time.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?;
I could Teleport the Aliens onto the Almayer or Send down the Alamo. OR give the Marines reinforcements to finish off the round.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.;
I'd pm him asking him to stop unless it is for official RP reasoning, if it was for RP and a MP was dealing with the issue I'd allow the MP to issue the appropriate punishment. Or I would do so myself.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.;
I would inform the player that is not a real reason to kill him and he has not followed the escalation rules, I would either SSD him from the round and make him observe or give a thorough verbal warning if it his first time in doing so.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.;
I would inform ALL players involved that as much as it is in character that plays have become offended, by informing all of them none of them can blame one another.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him;
I would take down his BYOND ID and pass it to a higher admin for temp banning.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away;
I am going to be brutally honnest to you, I don't know for this. If It's a newer player I would pm him and ask what happened to make sure everything was by the book.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat;
I would inform him to stop and keep in character in hive chat.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet;
It isnt against the rules. So I wouldn't do anything and allow him to carry on during briefing.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well;
As it's roleplay I'd make sure both parties are good with how it went down and then move the situation on.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round;
I'd move the Squad Leader into a cyropod so he isnt just standing around.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp;
I would give the staff the correct information to help him on his query so that in the end the player gets the correct info.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules;
Take pictures and inform a higher staff member and if able kick/ban the player.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC;
It's OOC, If it goes too far and comments are too hard I'd inform them both to stop or be kicked for a while to cool off. Simple.

Any additional information you want to provide: I had an application on the previous forum/application but it closed before I had my interview finished....

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [Jafuzz] - Administrator Application

Unread postby Rohesie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm #460469

JaFuzz wrote:3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.;
I would take pictures of all aggressive comments given to me, passing them to the higher ranking staff before handing the person over to them. Making sure the higher admin is aware of the hostilities I had faced with trying to assist the person.

And if there is no higher admin around?
What if the player does that every time you interact with them, asking to be handled by someone else?

JaFuzz wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.;
I'd ask what he is doing, making sure he is aware of the security level. If it is for RP purposes eg; Going down to the Surface to assist in FOB construction. I would allow him to continue. If not, I'd politely request that he puts it back until the appropriate time.

Let's say the player answers aggressively and demands to know which rule he is breaking. How would you react and what would you answer?

JaFuzz wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.;
I'd pm him asking him to stop unless it is for official RP reasoning, if it was for RP and a MP was dealing with the issue I'd allow the MP to issue the appropriate punishment. Or I would do so myself.

How would you issue punishment? Would that be IC?

JaFuzz wrote:8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.;
I would inform the player that is not a real reason to kill him and he has not followed the escalation rules, I would either SSD him from the round and make him observe or give a thorough verbal warning if it his first time in doing so.

Would you note them for that? What if their note history says they've done this in the past?

JaFuzz wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.;
I would inform ALL players involved that as much as it is in character that plays have become offended, by informing all of them none of them can blame one another.

Would you note them for that?

JaFuzz wrote:10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him;
I would take down his BYOND ID and pass it to a higher admin for temp banning.

Are you aware admins can ban?

JaFuzz wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away;
I am going to be brutally honnest to you, I don't know for this. If It's a newer player I would pm him and ask what happened to make sure everything was by the book.

It's okay not knowing, though usually people who volunteer for enforcing the rules has been around to know this kind of thing. The thing you'd have to look out in this situation would be for one particular form of grief: to take a larva spawn and suicide immediately, denying the xeno players a slot.
With that knowledge, how would you handle the situation? Imagine the different possibilities (the player has logged out immediately, the player is still there and a bit confused, the player is apologetic about what they did, so on) and how would you deal with each case.

JaFuzz wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round;
I'd move the Squad Leader into a cyropod so he isnt just standing around.

Would you note it or take any further action?

JaFuzz wrote:17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules;
Take pictures and inform a higher staff member and if able kick/ban the player.

Would you kick/ban a fellow admin before getting a reply from a higher staff member?

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Unread postby Rohesie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:07 pm #460471

JaFuzz wrote:Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: No previous experience on SS13 but I do have experience admining on my own Arma 3 server.

No other admining experience? In SS13 or otherwise?

JaFuzz

Unread postby JaFuzz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 am #460857

Rohesie wrote:And if there is no higher admin around?:

I would inform the player there is no higher admin on-game at the moment and divert him to the discord, but also put the photos in the staff area so that people can see.
What if the player does that every time you interact with them, asking to be handled by someone else?: I would close the case and place a note for aggressive behavior towards staff, and continue to inform a higher staff member.

Rohesie wrote:Let's say the player answers aggressively and demands to know which rule he is breaking. How would you react and what would you answer?:

He's broken Space Law; specifically Possession, Weapons 204. I'd let him know that the MP's can arrest him while it's green alert and cought with the weapons on him.

Rohesie wrote:How would you issue punishment? Would that be IC?:

Yes, the punishment would be the standard punishment for theft, issued by an MP.

Rohesie wrote:Would you note them for that? What if their note history says they've done this in the past?:

If they have a note for doing it in the past, I would first off confront him about why before kicking him from the round, and of course noting it on his profile.

Rohesie wrote:Would you note them for that?:

I would put a note on them informing that a verbal warning was issued for the racial comments but nothing more.

Rohesie wrote:Are you aware admins can ban?:

I ment in the context of me being a temp admin and not being able to issue full bans. I am aware admins can ban.

Rohesie wrote:It's okay not knowing, though usually people who volunteer for enforcing the rules has been around to know this kind of thing. The thing you'd have to look out in this situation would be for one particular form of grief: to take a larva spawn and suicide immediately, denying the xeno players a slot.
With that knowledge, how would you handle the situation? Imagine the different possibilities (the player has logged out immediately, the player is still there and a bit confused, the player is apologetic about what they did, so on) and how would you deal with each case.:

If he logged out immediately I would put a note on his account about him doing so. If the player is confused I would help him in anyway possible and give him the link to the wiki and pages that he should read to effectively be a xeno in future games. If the player is apologetic it generally means he either did it by accident or was unaware of what he did. Genuine mistakes are made everyday.

Rohesie wrote:Would you note it or take any further action?

I would note them for it, so other admins are aware to see if it happens again in the future.

Rohesie wrote:Would you kick/ban a fellow admin before getting a reply from a higher staff member?

If the situation called for it eg; Banning mass amounts of people and repeatedly kicking people. And of course unbanning said people.

Rohesie wrote:No other admining experience? In SS13 or otherwise?

As I said, no experience on SS13, but on other games; Arma 3, Arma 2, M&B and MFS:XSE

LaKiller8
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Unread postby LaKiller8 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:32 pm #461026

JaFuzz wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Let's say the player answers aggressively and demands to know which rule he is breaking. How would you react and what would you answer?:

He's broken Space Law; specifically Possession, Weapons 204. I'd let him know that the MP's can arrest him while it's green alert and cought with the weapons on him.

Are you aware that you are supposed to be enforcing the server rules and not the Space Law?

JaFuzz wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.;

So you would bwoink all 9 players for the minor racist comments if I'm understanding this correctly?
Generally, what comments would you consider okay and what comments not okay?

JaFuzz wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Are you aware admins can ban?:

I ment in the context of me being a temp admin and not being able to issue full bans. I am aware admins can ban.

You have the same permissions as any other admin in-game. You can ban, you can jobban, you can permaban people.

JaFuzz wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Would you note it or take any further action?

I would note them for it, so other admins are aware to see if it happens again in the future.

What if they have done that in the past and were noted for this already?

JaFuzz wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Would you kick/ban a fellow admin before getting a reply from a higher staff member?

If the situation called for it eg; Banning mass amounts of people and repeatedly kicking people. And of course unbanning said people.

This is not possible code-wise, you cannot kick nor ban someone with the same or higher permissions as you. And currently the only difference between the three admin ranks is the trust and responsibility since they have the same permissions in-game.

JaFuzz wrote:
Rohesie wrote:No other admining experience? In SS13 or otherwise?

As I said, no experience on SS13, but on other games; Arma 3, Arma 2, M&B and MFS:XSE

Last time you applied and I was interviewing you, you mentioned you were staff on CM. When I asked them about you, they said that you've started playing there just very recently and were definitely not on their team. After that you changed your story to being a trial mod on a server called "USCMC | Medium RP | (somthing)" which to this day I've not been able to find anything about. Do you no longer stand by what you've told me?

Return to TGMC Applications