roundstart snails

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

imsxz
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

roundstart snails

Postby imsxz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:49 am #481087

make moths the genetics meme species we want roundstart snails NOW
remove xenobio and silicons and virology and mining and botany

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image



wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: roundstart snails

Postby wesoda25 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:51 am #481088

i hate you I really do
just imagine someone remarkable @ me in discord and said something witty

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 am #481095

just so we're clear, if any headadmin makes these roundstart I will remove all species configs and set them to how I want instead.
Image

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: roundstart snails

Postby BeeSting12 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 am #481098

then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
lmwevil
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: roundstart snails

Postby lmwevil » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 am #481099

snail gang rise up

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 am #481106

BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?

I have no problem with configs

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.
Image

Isy232
 
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:45 pm
Byond Username: Isy232

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Isy232 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:11 am #481110

No matter how much I want to see a bunch of slimy snails in dorms, I agree with Oranges on this one.

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: roundstart snails

Postby obscolene » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 am #481113

snails are too much of a shitpost race that can fuck with people at a no-risk high-reward ratio. imagine if there was hordes of snailpeople all crawling around in the halls and the halls were perma lubed.
if you imagined said scenario but your first thought was, 'that would be great,' then i'm afraid you've got a fucking screw loose
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Arianya » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:35 am #481150

oranges wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?

I have no problem with configs

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.


I disagree with you that fly people as a concept are made better for being "rare" by only being attainable by intentionally smashing your face into a teleporter. You've never clarified how they're "ruined" other then the fact that it makes a very niche reference to a movie from the 80s not the sole source of it.

That said, I don't see any good reason to add snails to roundstart config (especially when they are effectively walking spacelube dispensers). Neither do I see a good reason to remove flies from the config at this time, though if there were a race (no, not the snails, shut up imsxz) to replace them (so that racial selection wasn't literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson") I'd certainly be more motivated to do so.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
firecage
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: roundstart snails

Postby firecage » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:54 am #481181

Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?

I have no problem with configs

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.


I disagree with you that fly people as a concept are made better for being "rare" by only being attainable by intentionally smashing your face into a teleporter. You've never clarified how they're "ruined" other then the fact that it makes a very niche reference to a movie from the 80s not the sole source of it.

That said, I don't see any good reason to add snails to roundstart config (especially when they are effectively walking spacelube dispensers). Neither do I see a good reason to remove flies from the config at this time, though if there were a race (no, not the snails, shut up imsxz) to replace them (so that racial selection wasn't literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson") I'd certainly be more motivated to do so.


So....remove flies from the roundstart option and re-add catgirls to it?
Image
Image

User avatar
TehSteveo
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: roundstart snails

Postby TehSteveo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:24 pm #481204

oranges wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?

I have no problem with configs

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.
Eh. I kinda agree as it did undo a mechanic that was unique and was interesting to learn about the first time you fucked up a teleporter to start buzzing.

Only downside is not being able to make a fly named Sy Fly as a medical doctor.
Freedom

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Rustledjimm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm #481210

Honestly remove flies as a roundstart please and thank you
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Lazengann » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm #481215

Agreeing with Jimm

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm #481233

I’ve never seen a serious fly player stick around for more than 2 rounds puking everywhere. They can still hop in a teleporter if they want a fucking, and not only does roundstart fly make fly accidents duller, teleport accidents mean fly roundstart is duller. I suppose flies are good as “completely nondescript no customization hardmode ugly fucker” but plasmamen do that as well. Yeah, now I wish flies weren’t roundstart. We need more dumb charming annoyances like orange soda being lemon lime and the fly warp.
Image

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: roundstart snails

Postby WarbossLincoln » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm #481250

confused rock wrote:I’ve never seen a serious fly player stick around for more than 2 rounds puking everywhere. They can still hop in a teleporter if they want a fucking, and not only does roundstart fly make fly accidents duller, teleport accidents mean fly roundstart is duller. I suppose flies are good as “completely nondescript no customization hardmode ugly fucker” but plasmamen do that as well. Yeah, now I wish flies weren’t roundstart. We need more dumb charming annoyances like orange soda being lemon lime and the fly warp.


I can get behind flies not being a roundstart race.

I can especially get behind not having a roundstart race that slips floors. Can you imagine every round having 30+ slugs making it impossible to walk upright? The only thing SS13 players are good at is running things into the ground.

Roundstart slugs are only acceptable if they're valid on sight and if salt does gigantic brute damage on contact with them. 4 or 5 rounds in a row of making salt fog machines would cure the slug spam.
--Crocodillo

Image

imsxz
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: roundstart snails

Postby imsxz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 pm #481256

Arianya wrote:(no, not the snails, shut up imsxz)


:cry:
remove xenobio and silicons and virology and mining and botany

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:01 pm #481257

based players agreeing with me.

Arianya you are wrong, just admit it.
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:18 pm #481261

arianya over here saying without flies race selection would be "literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson" what did they mean by this???????
PS that sounds appealing
Image

User avatar
Aranclanos
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Aranclanos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:29 pm #481263

I agree with oranges
I accept donations, click here

imsxz
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: roundstart snails

Postby imsxz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:41 pm #481269

i prefer flies being unique to teleporter fuck ups tbh at least the meme of projectile vomitting everywhere hasnt been big recently
remove xenobio and silicons and virology and mining and botany

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: roundstart snails

Postby obscolene » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:44 pm #481270

imsxz wrote:i prefer flies being unique to teleporter fuck ups tbh at least the meme of projectile vomitting everywhere hasnt been big recently

Then why would you want snails to be roundstart? Their 'meme' is exponentially worse than just puke decals on the floor.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
lmwevil
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: roundstart snails

Postby lmwevil » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:46 pm #481272

i agree, roundstart flies are gross and ruin the point of them; then we can just leave it an open slot in the config for something else (ssssssssssnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiilllll ggggaaaaannnnnnnngggg)

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:27 pm #481288

imsxz is being a meme, but I just wanted to make sure our position was adequately expressed.

I 100% want roundstart flies gone though, it really really really annoys me they were made roundstart.

It'd be ilke making podpersons roundstart.
Image

User avatar
Hulkamania
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Hulkamania » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 pm #481290

I agree with what's been said. I've never seen anyone play an actual fly character more than a week. There was someone on Sybil who was SUPER hype about making a fly guy, he asked me about proper naming conventions and what would be appropriate. This guy kept the character for all of three days and then went back to other races.

Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.

Edit: It's also not just humans, lizards and catpeople. It's also plasmamen and ethereals.

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Nabski » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:44 pm #481294

I can think of TWO fly statics, One was like Buzz SOMETHING and A. Maphoo.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Unused entertaining sprite repository. Edits on the left, OC on the right. Sorry that you look like derp little practice turtle.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: roundstart snails

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:19 pm #481301

+1 for removing flies from roundstart
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Dr_bee » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:30 pm #481302

There really isnt any fucking lore behind flypeople anyway.

Mothpeople need some fucking lore as well, or a language.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: roundstart snails

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 pm #481305

Dr_bee wrote:There really isnt any fucking lore behind flypeople anyway.

Mothpeople need some fucking lore as well, or a language.

moth liek lamp and le station has lamps on it :DDDD
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:42 am #481367

moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:50 am #481394

I wish naming policy was more enforced so we could ban lamp lover at this point the dead moth memes are reaching "cake is a lie" tier bad
Image

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Grazyn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:59 am #481401

Humans, lizards, moths, plasmen, ethereals, cats (though critically endangered) are already a pretty wide roundstart selection, enough to give the "cantina station" feeling. I think roundstart flies were added almost immediately after the teleporter malfunction thing, because I found out about the malfunction only after I was already used to flies everywhere, which kinda cheapened it. We could really do without flies being roundstart.

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: roundstart snails

Postby WarbossLincoln » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm #481439

I miss when cloth golems were turned on during Halloween. Wraps the security mummy was fun.
--Crocodillo

Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm #481461

Grazyn wrote:Humans, lizards, moths, plasmen, ethereals, cats (though critically endangered) are already a pretty wide roundstart selection, enough to give the "cantina station" feeling. I think roundstart flies were added almost immediately after the teleporter malfunction thing, because I found out about the malfunction only after I was already used to flies everywhere, which kinda cheapened it. We could really do without flies being roundstart.

The malfunction was added in 2013.
Image

imsxz
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: roundstart snails

Postby imsxz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 pm #481468

oranges wrote:moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it


moths are MRTYcode how could you let this happen?? this is how he keeps coming back
remove xenobio and silicons and virology and mining and botany

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Gamarr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:03 pm #481469

I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

The whole 'they're ruined' sounds funny because I don't see memes with them or them being played all the time, so not sure how. The fly accident still exists if someone doesn't do the teleporter right.
The flies as a thing you can choose is recent compared to how long flies have been in. Way before that, I liked using the teleporter because I liked to faff around as a fly. Its fine how it is.

Hulkamania wrote:Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.

I would, and have been using a fly setup in my options since they were roundstart option.

ATHATH
 
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 am
Byond Username: ATHATH

Re: roundstart snails

Postby ATHATH » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:05 am #481516

If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: roundstart snails

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:57 am #481520

Gamarr wrote:I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

The whole 'they're ruined' sounds funny because I don't see memes with them or them being played all the time, so not sure how. The fly accident still exists if someone doesn't do the teleporter right.
The flies as a thing you can choose is recent compared to how long flies have been in. Way before that, I liked using the teleporter because I liked to faff around as a fly. Its fine how it is.

Hulkamania wrote:Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.

I would, and have been using a fly setup in my options since they were roundstart option.

are you trying to boondoggle me again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:13 am #481526

ATHATH wrote:If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?

I mean if a holocaust just sorta happened from time to time then Hitler performing one wouldn't be so notable, you might not even realise he did it on purpose, but here we are now.
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: roundstart snails

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 am #481528

confused rock wrote:
ATHATH wrote:If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?

I mean if a holocaust just sorta happened from time to time then Hitler performing one wouldn't be so notable, you might not even realise he did it on purpose, but here we are now.

what
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: roundstart snails

Postby oranges » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:47 am #481538

Gamarr wrote:I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

The whole 'they're ruined' sounds funny because I don't see memes with them or them being played all the time, so not sure how. The fly accident still exists if someone doesn't do the teleporter right.
The flies as a thing you can choose is recent compared to how long flies have been in. Way before that, I liked using the teleporter because I liked to faff around as a fly. Its fine how it is.

Hulkamania wrote:Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.

I would, and have been using a fly setup in my options since they were roundstart option.

it's ruined, because it's no longer a fun surprise to discover and be a fly, because who the fuck cares, it's a roundstart race that anyone can be now.
Image

Skillywatt
 
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Skillywatt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 am #481558

oranges is 1000% correct on this but I'm assuming imsxz is semi joking with this thread

only round start species available should be humans or liggers

prove me wrong

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: roundstart snails

Postby obscolene » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:12 am #481584

Skillywatt wrote:oranges is 1000% correct on this but I'm assuming imsxz is semi joking with this thread

only round start species available should be humans or liggers

prove me wrong

Lizards are a race played by furfag ERPers exclusively. The only good roundstart races are Humans, Plasmamen, and Ethereals. Catpeople, Moths, and Lizards are just ERP bait garbage that should be removed. Flypeople aren't a bad race, but they have no redeeming qualities and should not be roundstart.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image

Skillywatt
 
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Skillywatt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:44 am #481617

Lizards are a race played by furfag ERPers exclusively.


Objectively false. How else will I play someone named memes-the-noun while getting shit on by silicons?

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: roundstart snails

Postby somerandomguy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:57 pm #481672

imsxz wrote:
oranges wrote:moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it


moths are MRTYcode how could you let this happen?? this is how he keeps coming back

It was before he got blocked from the repo iirc

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: roundstart snails

Postby NikNakFlak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:32 pm #481678

I fucking love moths and play as one now. They are easily the best race
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
Arcanemusic
 
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 am
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Arcanemusic » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 pm #481687

Alright, solid middle ground:

Go full on Catgirls on the Flies.
Bring it to a poll to slowly restrict roundstart flies over time, and it the discussion suddenly causes an uptick in interesting fly characters/gimmicks you can renege on the decision, and if not, all 5 fly players can still enjoy their gimmick.
Granted, I don't think people will mind as much about their inclusion, as it goes into the classic discussion about how ss13 races (With maybe Ashlizards and borgs as the notable exceptions) aren't really all their different in terms of typical playstyle.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: roundstart snails

Postby confused rock » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 pm #481732

Never go full catgirl.
Image

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: roundstart snails

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:32 pm #482041

Arcanemusic wrote:all 5 fly players can still enjoy their gimmick.

How are we going to contact those five players since I bet some of them are taking breaks.

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: roundstart snails

Postby cedarbridge » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 pm #482097

>announce new thing
>immediate "make thing roundstart" even before its gone live

Can we stop doing this already?

imsxz
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: roundstart snails

Postby imsxz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 am #482127

cedarbridge wrote:>announce new thing
>immediate "make thing roundstart" even before its gone live

Can we stop doing this already?


???? i made this post after i had played as a snail what are you smoking
remove xenobio and silicons and virology and mining and botany

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz


Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.


Image

Next

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: confused rock, leibniz and 4 guests