[an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, In-Game Game Master, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

[an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:23 am #48984

Byond account and character name: Glorycat. Michael Cariello
Banning admin: An0n3
Ban reason and length: About 1 week. Recalling the shuttle repeatedly during a nuke ops round as the HoP when the disk might not have been secured. Firing energy gun at the people trying to call it back.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 4:00 PM EST
Your side of the story: The nuke ops got killed off by the crew so I felt there wasn't a need to call the shuttle. Someone said the disk was fine and an engineer had it so I didn't think it was needed to end the round early as usual.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an honest mistake and I didn't take into consideration the five nuke ops who got killed who wanted to play a new round. I only thought of the crew's experience, not the poor ops who died and wanted to actually play a new role. I like to play the command roles because everyone else is usually incompetent as fuck and the disk gets lost in 5 minutes.
Last edited by mikecari on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 pm #49097

According to crewmembers you were still recalling the shuttle before people were certain the Ops were dead or anyone knew where the disk was.

...not that you can ever actually be certain all the Ops are dead, since their numbers can vary based on the population of the station + badmins.

Beyond just the dead operatives there were also dead players waiting to return to the game. While it's fine for you to say "Oh we'll just clone them" to force them all to wait around for the cloning process to complete, one by one, just so they can rejoin what is potentially an extended round is really lame. You also attacked the CMO to drive him off when he ran to the bridge to try to send for the shuttle after your numerous recalls.

Appeal denied. Pay attention to how other people play head roles during the week and try harder to coordinate with other heads in the future.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Ikarrus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm #49109

I take issue with this ban. Players shouldn't be expected to meta the game mode and call the shuttle just to end the round despite having no IC reason to do so. It's not their job to worry about dead players.

It is the burden of admins to keep the round going, either by ending the round through buttons or spawning the dead players in an event.

I am strongly opposed to this ban and would like to see it lifted.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Hornygranny » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:28 pm #49127

Personally, I would think Nanotrasen would mandate evacuation when under Syndicate attack, even if they appear to have been routed, but there's no rule about this. I think it's as gamey to say you can stay because all the antags are dead as it is to say you have to leave because there are antags. Let's discuss this on IRC.
Image

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:44 pm #49157

It's the timing AND the repetition.

ICly I would think being sieged by syndicate agents would be enough cause to want to get the fuck out of there. And obviously other people felt the same way, as the shuttle was constantly being called by other folks.

OOCly it's a dick move to delay the round end because someone in R&D wants to keep playing with their toys. Also the sheer fact that you have to keep recalling the shuttle multiple times, going so far as to fire stunbolts at another head of staff to make sure everyone stays on the station?

That's neither a good use of authority nor is it courteous to the other people playing the game with you.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:58 pm #49162

An0n3 wrote:
going so far as to fire stunbolts at another head of staff to make sure everyone stays on the station?


Except none of the bolts actually hit and it wasn't another head of staff, it was a security officer who broke into the bridge because his special snowflake shuttle got recalled. Security shouldnt give a fuck about the status of the shuttle, their job is to arrest criminals and maintain order.

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 pm #49166

I'm talking about the CMO. The original complaint mentioned watching you duke it out with them on the bridge as well. Is that not true?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:29 pm #49174

An0n3 wrote:I'm talking about the CMO. The original complaint mentioned watching you duke it out with them on the bridge as well. Is that not true?

I never fought with the CMO, I was trying to find a screwdriver to reconnect the console however haha. I only got into conflict with the security officer Dreams of Trees. Considering the captain was either incapacitated or dead at the time (everyone assumed he got killed), I thought it was better to not end the shift prematurely and repair the very little damage that was actually done to the station. Overall I apologize for being arrogant and I do believe I was wrong in my judgment for acting without thinking about the dead crewmembers.

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby cedarbridge » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:43 pm #49178

mikecari wrote:
An0n3 wrote:I'm talking about the CMO. The original complaint mentioned watching you duke it out with them on the bridge as well. Is that not true?

I never fought with the CMO, I was trying to find a screwdriver to reconnect the console however haha. I only got into conflict with the security officer Dreams of Trees. Considering the captain was either incapacitated or dead at the time (everyone assumed he got killed), I thought it was better to not end the shift prematurely and repair the very little damage that was actually done to the station. Overall I apologize for being arrogant and I do believe I was wrong in my judgment for acting without thinking about the dead crewmembers.

This is a lie. I was Dreams-of-Trees. You shot at the CMO several times while they were taking the monitor out of the console to prevent more recalls.

mikecari wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
going so far as to fire stunbolts at another head of staff to make sure everyone stays on the station?


Except none of the bolts actually hit and it wasn't another head of staff, it was a security officer who broke into the bridge because his special snowflake shuttle got recalled. Security shouldnt give a fuck about the status of the shuttle, their job is to arrest criminals and maintain order.


While it is true that your aim was terrible and thus you never managed to hit him, you shot at the CMO nonetheless. This was before you started shooting egun shots at me for apparently being present at a later time. The rest of this post is a lie though. I didn't break into the bridge. I'd been already beaten into crit once there by an op and the doors to the bridge were emagged open when the raid started in the first place. As an officer I have a duty to ensure all areas of the station (especially high security areas like the bridge) are secure. Saying shit like "his special snowflake shuttle" is malarky because I neither called the shuttle, nor was present specifically for the shuttle console. It really just outlines that you were recalling to spite myself and the rest of the crew so RnD could fuck around more with the 10 minutes of research they'd already done (and would do every round)

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:00 pm #49180

We can talk about this without the vitriol. Even if you're upset with another player, please keep that out of your posts.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 am #49204

Like I said, I'm sorry for jumping the shark like an absolute comdom. I normally never act like an idiot when I play command and I honestly believe I'm one of the more competent command players. (protected nuke disk as CE etc.) If you deem it necessary you can put me on the watch-list but I promise to never do anything stupid like that again if we simply let bygones be bygones and not hate each other over a huge misunderstanding.

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:55 pm #49352

I'd really like some closure on this as there's really no official policy on calling the shuttle during a nuke ops round. If it's such an issue then we might as well establish it as one.

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:14 pm #49378

An0n3 wrote: Pay attention to how other people play head roles during the week and try harder to coordinate with other heads in the future.


Oh believe me I see them and it's fucking unbearable how incompetent they are, which is what makes this ban so fucking painful for me.

User avatar
lumipharon
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 am
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby lumipharon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:26 pm #49393

I was the op with the disk. The other ops got bogged down fighting around the bridge, and the captain fled like the good condom he was so I hunted him down. I killed him in arrivals and took the disk. As far as I can remember the shuttle was recalled while I still had it in my possession. Later, I got batoned by the borg, and I suicided, teleporting the disk to a dark corner of maint. If the shuttle was not recalled when I had the disk, then it was while the disk was in a random spot. The disk was only picked up well later, when the LAST SURVIVING OP, eventually died in maint, about 10 meters from the disk. The atmos tech then got the pinpointer and found the disk, but didn't tell anyone, since comms was down (he was helping repair it, in fact).

So either you recalled it while I was alive and with the disk, or when there was a surviving operative (and probably the only person with a pinpointer) and the disk was in an unknown location.
Also it's pretty meta to say '5 ops dead' emergency over. Although in this case, the 5 ops weren't even dead.

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 pm #49564

mikecari wrote:I'd really like some closure on this as there's really no official policy on calling the shuttle during a nuke ops round. If it's such an issue then we might as well establish it as one.


It's not that you recalled the shuttle during a nuke round

It's that you were continually recalling it when there was an obvious threat and multiple people wanted to leave.

The only reason you've given for why you did this, as the HoP, was "R&D wanted more time to research"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:48 am #49972

An0n3 wrote:
mikecari wrote:I'd really like some closure on this as there's really no official policy on calling the shuttle during a nuke ops round. If it's such an issue then we might as well establish it as one.


It's not that you recalled the shuttle during a nuke round

It's that you were continually recalling it when there was an obvious threat and multiple people wanted to leave.

The only reason you've given for why you did this, as the HoP, was "R&D wanted more time to research"


I told you that already, and I apologized. The fact that you banned a person over such insignificant bullshit is absolutely disgusting to me.

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby Timbrewolf » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:52 am #50369

It's not insignificant, it's incredibly annoying to everyone else playing, alive or dead.

It's great that you apologized but that doesn't mean the ban is going to go away. If you really think it's insignificant it means you're not getting the reason why you were banned and you might do it again. Should I ban you from all heads again until you understand how important it is not to do that?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 am
Byond Username: Mikecari

Re: [an0n3] Glorycat- Heads Job-ban

Postby mikecari » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:22 am #50381

An0n3 wrote:It's not insignificant, it's incredibly annoying to everyone else playing, alive or dead.

It's great that you apologized but that doesn't mean the ban is going to go away. If you really think it's insignificant it means you're not getting the reason why you were banned and you might do it again. Should I ban you from all heads again until you understand how important it is not to do that?

I already told you it would never happen again. Fucking downie. Stop with the pre-emptive bullshit too.


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users