Bandoliers should be available at SecTech vendors and in the wardens locker at roundstart.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
severepwnage
Byond Username: SeverePwnage

Bandoliers should be available at SecTech vendors and in the wardens locker at roundstart.

Post by severepwnage » #500286

It's basically the only alternative to trashbags of holding if you want to reach the full robustness of the shotgun. Shotguns usually go overlooked when you can only fit at most 6 shells on a webbing (a goddamn chest webbing, thats just another ridicule on itself.)

If this is added, riot shotguns and rubber shells will be used more often and to their full potential. I think its a very good way to sort of "activate" an useless strategy in the game. I personally really enjoy using the shotgun aided with a bag of holding because of its active reload mechanic (shift+e to take an item out of the belt slot, put it in, cock it, load it till its full, empty the gun and repeat. I think this is pretty damn fun.) Your officers can finally stop emptying the trash bag on criminals to replace the missing shells with their remains and actually contain them in a humane way! Plus, if there is more of an "armed riot" instead of your friendly "riot" they can be filled with slugs to make sure your team effectively gets rid of this said "armed riot". This is not a "new" thing if this idea gets added in, you can already carry four times the amount of shells you can carry on a bandolier and be a walking death machine in the current state. This is actually the main reason why I want for the bandoliers to be available, to utilize something that already exists in the armory without waiting for a "sanitation" research and fetching 5-10 of these bags from the service protolathe.

500$ per piece, limited to 10 per vendor.
Finally, if the bartender gets a bandolier, why does the fucking security team doesn't get it?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Bandoliers should be available at SecTech vendors and in the wardens locker at roundstart.

Post by Shaps-cloud » #500288

Go ask botany
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Bandoliers should be available at SecTech vendors and in the wardens locker at roundstart.

Post by confused rock » #500293

all of brigs shells literally start in boxes you're saying this like sec needs to be carrying 20 shots and difficult to use ammo isn't the main downside of shotguns
severepwnage
Byond Username: SeverePwnage

Post by severepwnage » #500326

confused rock wrote:all of brigs shells literally start in boxes you're saying this like sec needs to be carrying 20 shots and difficult to use ammo isn't the main downside of shotguns
Starting in boxes is useless since you cant attach the box on your belt. Rapidly dispensing beanbags works better than you think. If you cant deal with someone using beanbags you shouls start using slugs anyways.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #500430

Shaps-cloud wrote:Go ask botany
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #500433

Botany can print bandoliers, or you can print one yourself at the public garden
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #500444

Dont bandoliers come with the lethal shells for the only 2 shotguns sec actually has access to?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #500447

The riot shotguns in the armory don't come with bandoliers but the combat shotguns from cargo do
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #500472

im not really keen on degrading cargo yet further.

and im also not keen on making shotguns any more useful than they already massively are