#FreeDrones

General SS13 Chat
Paintling
Byond Username: Paintling

#FreeDrones

Post by Paintling » #509606

I, once again, propose the re-addition of drones since all they need to function is some people to puzzle out a new rule set so people can abuse them less. And y'know actually ban/job-ban the players breaking the rules instead of removing the role in its entirety again.

As far as ive seen when I bring up drones, most people either dont care either way or favor the idea of drones returning (with or without rule changes) and considering what a fun and useful part of the station they are I believe its high time they are returned.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: #FreeDrones

Post by oranges » #509613

make bad change go away
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #509662

simple solution, fucking ahelp and beg to be one and then get banned when you break those rules and betray that trust, that's how i drone.
No coding required and nobody has to do anything besides press "spawn drone" button and then probably note that Paintling is dronebanned now.

-nothing needs to be added
-nothing needs to be removed
-you have to be old fag enough to know what is drone
-you have to be reliable enough to drone
-case by case moderation

Fixed, close thread, NEXT.
signnatrire
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #509687

Drone mains are the ss13 equivalent of going out to dinner with your friends and sitting on your phone the entire night
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #509688

#LearnHowToActuallyPlayTheRoleAndFollowTheRulesAndMaybeWeCanTalkAboutDrones2k19
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #509703

Atlanta-Ned wrote:#LearnHowToActuallyPlayTheRoleAndFollowTheRulesAndMaybeWeCanTalkAboutDrones2k19
The rules were poorly written and were a holdover from the days before free ghost roles.

That being said, the rules they had were just one of the problems with drones. Sprite size and the drone dispenser were just as big of issues. /vg/ Mommis should probably be the base for any drone rework.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #509940

There was nothing wrong with drones. They were a harmless way for ghosts to re-enter the round and contribute to the station's well-being.

How about rather than removing the tool, you remove the people that abused the tool? Everyone wins that way.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #509993

deedubya wrote:How about rather than removing the tool, you remove the people that abused the tool? Everyone wins that way.
Holy shit.

Imagine advocating permabanning people over #freedrone retroactively. Literally what. Can we keep this person on some kind of watchlist that includes heavy doses of sedatives and a tracking device and preferably constant video monitoring?

What's wrong with asking local admeme for drone instead of your starting char? Nobody has yet to deny me this. I think it's just that easy. Nobody has to do stuff to anything to make drones work, bruvas, you just ask and be one and then get banned when you think you are being smart and can evade banhammer.
signnatrire
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #509998

he probably meant ghost role ban them, not perma
which is what admins should have done instead of removing drones
if you keep banning (and you don't unban them after) bad drones we'll run out of them eventually
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #510057

teepeepee wrote:he probably meant ghost role ban them, not perma
if you keep banning (and you don't unban them after) bad drones we'll run out of them eventually
So, we should just start blanket banning people from ALL ghostroles based on the fact faggots cannot drone?
Just ask to be one, it's still in code man.
signnatrire
Paintling

Post by Paintling » #510195

I can't imagine a faster way to annoy the admins than repeatedly asking them to be a drone during roundstart. That also doesn't solve anything. Sure i'd like to play as drone but I'd much rather the whole role is fixed so everyone can enjoy it and i dont have to bother an admin every time an assistant or security man decides to toolbox a drone because its funny.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #510253

Reeeee wrote:
deedubya wrote:How about rather than removing the tool, you remove the people that abused the tool? Everyone wins that way.
Holy shit.

Imagine advocating permabanning people over #freedrone retroactively. Literally what. Can we keep this person on some kind of watchlist that includes heavy doses of sedatives and a tracking device and preferably constant video monitoring?

What's wrong with asking local admeme for drone instead of your starting char? Nobody has yet to deny me this. I think it's just that easy. Nobody has to do stuff to anything to make drones work, bruvas, you just ask and be one and then get banned when you think you are being smart and can evade banhammer.
Are you misrepresenting me on purpose or what? I obviously mean re-enable drones, and ghostban people that abuse it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #510274

Reeeee wrote:
teepeepee wrote:he probably meant ghost role ban them, not perma
So, we should just start blanket banning people from ALL ghostroles based on the fact faggots cannot drone?
Just ask to be one, it's still in code man.
yeah if you can't handle drones you shouldn't be allowed any other second life
Paintling

Post by Paintling » #510655

As of today Derelicts have received tweaking of their rules as well as additional warnings placed to tell people not to be big fuckin idiots so i consider this a step forward.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #510657

DRONES
TrumpetPlaya
Byond Username: HRTSultan

Post by TrumpetPlaya » #510704

beware the drone lobby
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #510779

#FreeDrones

Change their silicon laws to be more reasonable. Allow them to repair antag damage. Their orders should be about bringing back the station to working order, not "not interfering". Have strict meta-info requirements on drones and make sure drone players know that with a blurb.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #510797

deedubya wrote: Are you misrepresenting me on purpose or what? I obviously mean re-enable drones, and ghostban people that abuse it.
I am, I was unsure what you mean so I did that to make you rephrase it.

Also i might have operated in sever lack of pills at the time, no personal injury meant but certainly written. Ban me.
signnatrire