[ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

[ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:39 am #519133

Current ckey and any previous ckeys:Henriquekill9576
Character name(s):Mikhail Saratov
Timezone:BRT
Discord tag:Henriquekill9576#2866
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:Never been an admin in any server but I've messed around for quite some time in private server so I know most of the commands
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:I've been playing on SS13 for about 1-2 years now and joined TGMC on 03/18/2019
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:No
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:Banned from paradise once because I was using netspeak and I didn't answer an admin's PMs cause I was new and wasn't payin attention to the chat
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin?I can be very patient with ahelps, (even if people are salty about it) and I've been here long enough to know the code and admin commands very well.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on?Being more robust and being less lazier
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined?I am usually very chill to most players in general, but they will still face severe punishment if they break some serious rules, I would still PM them if they're doing something that would be bad for the round/community/game itself, but if they are cooperative it probably won't result in a warning/ban.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? In order to do an event, I would ask myself "Is it balanced for both sides?" and "If I was in either side, would I enjoy that event?". If the answer to both questions are yes, then I would proceed with the event, incase of bigger events, I would probably call out for a vote in the beginning of the round. I think I'll be running a couple events per day at max, not overextending to the point where it gets annoying.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable?Doing smaller events where I can just hang out with a couple people without much action going on would be very enjoyable for me, on the other hand, having to deal with unrespectful or uncooperative players in ahelp can be very stressful.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?Probably when it starts to affect my health and daily life in a bad way, in order to quit I would message a headmin to talk about it and if I am sure about it, retire.

Spoiler:
Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I'd PM both players and ask if it was intentional or not, if not I would suggest that he Alt clicks his gun to toggle safety on so it doesn't happen again, now if one of them answer that it was intentional, I would speak to the shooter and try to find out the reason of why he shot the other guy, which could lead to a note being written.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I'd message one of the mentors with the player's name and tell them that he is new, if no mentors are avaiable I would guide him myself.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Deny it, it's not a lead's responsibility to resolve that ingame, I would say that and give them this link: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20180

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Ask for him to change it again, since each server has it's different naming rules and we definetely do not have the same rules as other servers do. If he denies it, I would warn him and change it myself.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I'd let him be, since rule 2 quotes "Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists" and this won't change balance as much as welding all the vents in the ship before a hijack would.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Make both a TGMC announcement saying basically that the operation overextending would cause financial problems for the company, and telling marines to finish the threat. And I would also make a Queen Mother report saying basically that they have been in the planet with the hosts for too long, and they are causing their pshychic link to fade away.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I would tell the marine to stop disarming people and retrieve the gear, there is no rule explicitely quoting that this is not allowed but it is kind of a dick move, which goes agaisn't rule 1

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I'd give the player a warning for breaking escalation rules and aheal the marine that was killed.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I'd make an announcement on OOC telling the players to stop it, since racism is REALLY not allowed in here, as said in Rule 1

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
I'd ban the marine with the reason saying "Killed several marines in briefing by opening fire at them, if this somehow was a mistake, explain yourself in our ban appeal forums" and then put the ban appeal link. After that I would aheal all the players that were killed/wounded. If too much players were killed I might do a mass rejuvenate after telling people to get back in their bodies.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I'd PM the larva to ask what exactly happened, it pretty much depends on the answer that he gives in order to give a note/warning and then I would give the xenos another larva.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I'd PM the player and ask for him to stop it since this is supposed to be a MRP server. Especially if the player is a shrike/queen since with these roles, you are expected to be held to higher standarts.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Do nothing, first encounter rule does not apply in this server, all marines may know about xenomorphs being i nthe planet and vice versa.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I'd speak to the player and give him a warning since you don't need to actually be in the cryo of the pod in order to escape, and then if the pod hasn't launched, I'd aheal the one that was killed.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would put him in cryo and leave a message for the next time he logs on, saying that if he wishes to leave the server, he should at least head to cryo, and then give him a note.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I'd correct them in asay, if he keeps giving wrong information I'd take over the ticket.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I would message a higher ranking staff in discord to call them into the game, if he abusing his powers isn't affecting the round too much, I would just make a complaint in admin complaints.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Ask the player to stop, since this is no place for Harassment of other players or servers.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I would speak to the shooter to tell him to be more cautious and to alt click his gun to avoid any future mistakes and then I would aheal the player that was killed.



User avatar
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 am
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby grinkgo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm #519393

Hello, and thank you for applying!

Henriquekill9576 wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would put him in cryo and leave a message for the next time he logs on, saying that if he wishes to leave the server, he should at least head to cryo, and then give him a note.


Upon looking at the notes, you see that this player has a history of this behavior. How would you handle this?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm #519394

Upon looking at the notes, you see that this player has a history of this behavior. How would you handle this?

Assuming we have that, I would give him a temporary ban from lead roles (like captain, queen, SL and etc) of about 1-2 weeks

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:13 am #520380

Hello, and thanks for applying!

Henriquekill9576 wrote:Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:Banned from paradise once because I was using netspeak and I didn't answer an admin's PMs cause I was new and wasn't payin attention to the chat


Is that ban appealed? If not, could you do so?

Henriquekill9576 wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I would tell the marine to stop disarming people and retrieve the gear, there is no rule explicitely quoting that this is not allowed but it is kind of a dick move, which goes agaisn't rule 1


Would you take any action?

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I'd make an announcement on OOC telling the players to stop it, since racism is REALLY not allowed in here, as said in Rule 1


What if they reply that they are not really being racist, it's just a joke?

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
I'd ban the marine with the reason saying "Killed several marines in briefing by opening fire at them, if this somehow was a mistake, explain yourself in our ban appeal forums" and then put the ban appeal link. After that I would aheal all the players that were killed/wounded. If too much players were killed I might do a mass rejuvenate after telling people to get back in their bodies.


For how long?

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I'd correct them in asay, if he keeps giving wrong information I'd take over the ticket.


Would you remove the ticket from them? What if they complain about it?

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I would speak to the shooter to tell him to be more cautious and to alt click his gun to avoid any future mistakes and then I would aheal the player that was killed.[/spoiler]


Would you note the shooter for it?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 am #520382

Is that ban appealed? If not, could you do so?

Appealed the same day I got banned and it was accepted.


Would you take any action?

After he retrieves the gear I would give him a note, and if he still refuses to stop I would remove him from the round, explaining his behaviour on the note.


What if they reply that they are not really being racist, it's just a joke?

If the "joke" is relating to racism either way I would still tell them to stop since even the lighter of the jokes can offend someone.


For how long?

Permanent, so I can make sure that he doesn't do that again before explaining himself.


Would you remove the ticket from them? What if they complain about it?
Yes, if they complain I would just politely explain that they kept giving wrong information even after I told them that the information was wrong.


Would you note the shooter for it?

Yes, since the player ahelped about it I would note the shooter saying "Killed a member of their squad, was honest and admitted it was a mistake."

Note: I don't know what happened in the end there, it just keeps adding [/quote] 3 times even after I delete it.

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:27 am #520409

Question: You wake up as a marine, prep, deploy, get wounded along with a squadmate, and return. You see the synth flashing and cuffing the marine for a crime. You've been the whole time with the marine, so you know it wasn't them. An ahelp is made and you answer it, telling the synth to stop. Another admin intervenes and says it did happen, even if you know otherwise. You explain and they are not satisfied, so they take the ticket from you to handle it themselves. What do you do?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:27 am #520418

Question: You wake up as a marine, prep, deploy, get wounded along with a squadmate, and return. You see the synth flashing and cuffing the marine for a crime. You've been the whole time with the marine, so you know it wasn't them. An ahelp is made and you answer it, telling the synth to stop. Another admin intervenes and says it did happen, even if you know otherwise. You explain and they are not satisfied, so they take the ticket from you to handle it themselves. What do you do?

Ask the admin what the player did wrong and check logs, if theres nothing in the logs about it, I would tell the other admin to check them aswell so he can see that the marine did nothing wrong, if some how there is something in the logs, I would apologize to the admin and synth and then let him handle the ticket since he already took it away from me.

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm #521137

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
Question: You wake up as a marine, prep, deploy, get wounded along with a squadmate, and return. You see the synth flashing and cuffing the marine for a crime. You've been the whole time with the marine, so you know it wasn't them. An ahelp is made and you answer it, telling the synth to stop. Another admin intervenes and says it did happen, even if you know otherwise. You explain and they are not satisfied, so they take the ticket from you to handle it themselves. What do you do?

Ask the admin what the player did wrong and check logs, if theres nothing in the logs about it, I would tell the other admin to check them aswell so he can see that the marine did nothing wrong, if some how there is something in the logs, I would apologize to the admin and synth and then let him handle the ticket since he already took it away from me.


Do you see no issues in taking away a ticket from a fellow admin against their will?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:37 pm #521139

Rohesie wrote:Do you see no issues in taking away a ticket from a fellow admin against their will?


Hm, well thinking about it now I would indeed try to take the ticket back if the player didn't do anything, in other cases I wouldn't try to take it back if the other admin has a resonable reason for it

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:00 pm #521142

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Do you see no issues in taking away a ticket from a fellow admin against their will?


Hm, well thinking about it now I would indeed try to take the ticket back if the player didn't do anything, in other cases I wouldn't try to take it back if the other admin has a resonable reason for it


How would you do that?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:05 pm #521146

Rohesie wrote:How would you do that?


(assuming the player didn't do anything) I would calmely explain to him that I checked the logs and there was nothing about the player breaking the rules, then I would ask them if I could have the ticket back and then take it after they answer.

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 pm #521149

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
Rohesie wrote:How would you do that?


(assuming the player didn't do anything) I would calmely explain to him that I checked the logs and there was nothing about the player breaking the rules, then I would ask them if I could have the ticket back and then take it after they answer.


The issue with the whole situation starts before, when one admin takes over the ticket of another against their will.
Do you see why this would be an issue?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:21 pm #521151

Rohesie wrote:The issue with the whole situation starts before, when one admin takes over the ticket of another against their will.
Do you see why this would be an issue?

Yes, the marking system is there for a reason, and if an admin takes another admin's ticket without a good reason, it may end up in a higher ranking member of staff being contacted to solve the problem

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm #521262

Mhm, that's why I ask, regarding your answer to question 16, where you said you'd take a ticket from another admin if you judged their answers were incorrect.
Think that's still true?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:40 pm #521297

Rohesie wrote:Mhm, that's why I ask, regarding your answer to question 16, where you said you'd take a ticket from another admin if you judged their answers were incorrect.
Think that's still true?


It is, but I don't think I made it clear in that question that I would only take away the ticket from them if they refused or didn't listen to me telling him that their answers were incorrect and providing the correct answer to it

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:40 am #521516

Henriquekill9576 wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Mhm, that's why I ask, regarding your answer to question 16, where you said you'd take a ticket from another admin if you judged their answers were incorrect.
Think that's still true?


It is, but I don't think I made it clear in that question that I would only take away the ticket from them if they refused or didn't listen to me telling him that their answers were incorrect and providing the correct answer to it


Just to clarify, that's against policy and would get you in trouble. Do you understand why?

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 am #521601

Rohesie wrote:Just to clarify, that's against policy and would get you in trouble. Do you understand why?


I will be very honest here, I don't quite understand why that would be agaisn't policy, since the admin refuses to listen to me and continues to give wrong information in that situation, however, after thinking about it for a while, I've come to a conclusion where I could just contact a higher ranking member of staff to tell them what happened and let them handle it, while I give the player the correct information after they are done with their ahelp.

So I ask, is it really agaisn't policy to take another admin's ticket agains't their will with proper reason/proof? Because that would also have happened agaisn't me in one of your situations, where the admin would have taken my ticket without reason, or without even checking it:
Rohesie wrote:Question: You wake up as a marine, prep, deploy, get wounded along with a squadmate, and return. You see the synth flashing and cuffing the marine for a crime. You've been the whole time with the marine, so you know it wasn't them. An ahelp is made and you answer it, telling the synth to stop. Another admin intervenes and says it did happen, even if you know otherwise. You explain and they are not satisfied, so they take the ticket from you to handle it themselves. What do you do?

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Rohesie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm #521698

The question was made to see if you were able to understand why allowing that kind of behavior would be problematic.
Admins have the same kind of access, and if we let them take action against one another it becomes an endless tug-of-war.

This is not something you should know as you haven't seen the admin guideline, which happens during the candidate/trial time, but there's a certain degree of common sense involved.
If you disagree with the way an admin is acting you should try to talk it out. If there's no headmins around then you should bring it up to our moderation channels, or collect evidence and report it to the headmins.

The admin team is supposed to work together, never against each other. Things should be settled through dialogue and consensus. If one cannot be reached in the short term, then a headmin can intervene, or the unsatisfied person can bring it up to the general admin channels, where it should be discussed in either way so that everyone's on the same page.

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 am
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 pm #521828

I can see your point, I can promise that if this application ever gets accepted somehow, I will attempt to do my best to not get involved in a argument with another admin. It may not be very explicit, but since my mentor application as accepted, I try my best to not get involved in fights with anybody from the community since it makes me really uncomfortable and stressed most of the times, and it actually works to this day sometimes, but I still believe that is something I can improve on with the given time.

I understand that every admin or other staff member is supposed to cooperate with each other in order to make the community a better place for everyone, which may not be successful most of the times, and that any argument with other admins should be brought to the moderation channels so both sides and the other members of the staff can try to settle things with each other.

In short, I believe I would be able to passively talk with the other admin and explain my point to him so we can properly be on the same page and focus on finding a solution that we both can agree on in order to help the player.

User avatar
Merryweather
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Byond Username: Merryweather

Re: [ADMIN] Henriquekill9576

Postby Merryweather » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:48 pm #522448

This has been out for a while now, and after deliberation and patience, we have decided to pass this application. You will be roled and ranked accordingly.
Head Administrator and a Lead of TGMC.
A part (HAPPY ORANGES) of one of the best SS13 servers out there, ish.



OOC: Rohesie: The oligarchy shall never fall.

Feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=22045

Toolboxing for a Cause: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24022


Return to TGMC Closed Applications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users