Darkplasmaray - Mentor Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

darkplasmaray

Byond Username: Darkplasmaray

Darkplasmaray - Mentor Application

Postby darkplasmaray » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 am #521413

What is your Discord ID: matthew#5047

What is your ckey?: Darkplasmaray

Have you been permabanned from any servers? If so, which server(s)?: No

Have you been banned from any servers in the last six months? If so, which server(s)?: No

What timezone do you play in?: [GMT-BST]/UTC 0

How long have you played on a CM-code server for?: For about 2-3 years. The colonial marines server.

What role would you say you are best at?: Tank crewman, Squad engineer, Doctor. If you are reffering to more broader terms, then I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none.

Any other info?: I'm a pretty chill guy most of the time B^)

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: Darkplasmaray - Mentor Application

Postby Rohesie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:44 am #521518

Hey, thanks for applying!
Let's take the following mentorhelps, and how you'd answer them:

A) Hello, I'm a Drone and I'm unable to evolve to Queen. Help!

B) Is there any way to counter neuro spit? Maybe a med?

C) What is Meralyne?

D) My medevac is not sending the patient up, what is happening?

E) Where do I find the tank?

F) How do I become a pred?

G) How do I build a reinforced wall?

H) What's a plasmacutter?

I) What's a detpack and how do I use it?

darkplasmaray

Postby darkplasmaray » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:30 pm #521581

A) Hello. First you have to become a shrike, then when there are 8 or so xenos, you can evolve into a queen after that.

B) You can move side to side to prevent the spit from hitting you, as it makes you hard to hit when you're strafing. Otherwise, there is a chemical called dylovene which is an anti-toxin. That could help, it also wakes up unconcious people I believe.

C) It is a drug used to heal high brute/trauma damage. It's like a stronger version of bicardine if you know what that is.

D) Perhaps there is no active medevac beacon for your patient to be transported to? Try asking the doctors over the radio if they have one active and set up.

E) I'm not sure as I haven't seen the tank yet. Try asking an admin, perhaps they'll know.

F) You'll have to ask an admin about that one. I've never seen a predator in this server before, perhaps you have to be whitelisted.

G) Click a wall with a metal sheet, and then weld, and continue that until it becomes reinforced. It may take a few sheets.

H) A plasma cutter is a tool used for cutting down things such as walls and doors. It can also be used in melee combat against xenos.

I) A detpack is an explosive similar to C4. It can be used to blow up walls or xeno tunnels. To use it, you left click it in your hand, turn it on with the on button, then make a note of the signal and the code. Then left click it on whatever you want to blow up. It will then be planted. Then you get the signaller, and input the signal and the code for the detpack, and send signal.

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 pm #521691

Not all the answers are 100% correct, but it shows you have a general good grasp of the mechanics. You can always chat with your fellow mentors in mentor chat if you are in doubt on on something, or they'll tend to correct you if you pass wrong info.

The app looks good to me.

darkplasmaray

Postby darkplasmaray » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 pm #521701

Hooray! Thank you, I look forward to helping people :)

Henriquekill9576
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Postby Henriquekill9576 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:28 pm #522084

I doubt this post will make any difference on the final decision but I would give a +1 on this app, there are a few mistakes in the answers but I feel like you've got the hang of it, looking foward to mementoring with ya

AIIA
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: AIIA

Postby AIIA » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:41 am #522252

Henriquekill9576 wrote:I doubt this post will make any difference on the final decision but I would give a +1 on this app, there are a few mistakes in the answers but I feel like you've got the hang of it, looking foward to mementoring with ya

This post and upvote was the sole deciding factor in this application.

Accepted.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications