[ADMIN] Autistic

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Autistic
 
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:15 pm
Byond Username: Autisme

[ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Autistic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:42 pm #523649

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Autisme
Character name(s): Byrant ('Fixer') Mathews
Timezone: UTC amsterdam +1
Discord tag: Autistic 2.0#8008
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: I helped a friend out with setting up his server so iam famaliar with most of the tools. But I rarely used them on players
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: For quite a bit, few months I would say. I are primarily play on TG(terry) which I have done for maby about a year
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: I have been banned for longer then 1 day only once. Other then that 1 offense it was mostly netspeak chargers for 1 hour banns
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Never
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I am very reasonble. I can follow the guidelines down to the letter and I can come with with fun events probably. Iam also dedicated to fairly judge people.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I suck at actual combat. My shots hit friendly more then enemies and I suck at getting melee hits
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? For everyone this game is a experience, if you are ruining this experience for other people is when you got a problem. Espescialy if you do this on purpose.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? It has to be fair or atleast fun for both sides. Its not fun to only give marines B18's while xeno's have to figure it out. Same goes the other way around. A balance should be found
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Events are probably the best part of the job, because its very fun to be a game master of such a game like SS13. The worst part is probably dealing with people that aren't very cooprative
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?
Hard to say, depends on the situation. If I quite its mosty likely to inactivity and if thats the case its hard for myself to take initiative of leaving. But if asked I can probably provide a propper response
Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Tell him that he shoudnlt do that and make a note of it. If the situation is not too bad I can leave the rest to the MP IC
2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I would direct a mentor to him or do that job myself if nore are aviable
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Depending on his reason I would either ask a higher ranking staff to hear him out or tell him that he shoudnlt bother him with his request.
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I would tell him that he has to follow the rules, maby give him tips so that he can have his names as closely as can to his original while complying with the rules
5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would tell him that he is metagaming and that he needs to stop. If possible solve it torugh IC ways like MP arresting him
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would either make a time limit or buff 1 side. Ill make the pick based on who was more likely to win
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Tell him to stop, its clear that he doesnt care for the rules or for other players experiance. defintly note it and either solve it IC or use admin powers to stop him. If I kick/ban or not depends on the guidelines
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I would explain that that is very much overkill. And revive the marine killed should he not be already. Based in previuse history I either leave it as warning and IC or give him a short ban
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Depending how offending is was, I would either leave it as is or explain that they shoudnlt do that.
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Sticky ban, I dont think I would have to investigate this. Time depends on the guidelines for such stuff but probably a week or so
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Depending on how new he was and previuse notes. Either refere him to a mentor or punish him with RTL or short ban if its clear he is waisting larva
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Leave it as is, I dont see a particulair problem with it
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
On CM your not allowed but iam quite sure thats not the case here, so just leave it be
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
If the other player gave concent ill leave it, other wise ill note it for the fact you need concent to do that
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
If he has done it more maby note it, but probably not. Offer his mob to a ghost
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Probably honest mistake, unless its ofton enough I wont report it
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Report it to higher rank admin
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell him to cut it out, else OOC mute
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
If he doesnt have many notes ill assume it is a mistake. I will also look into with what gun he killed him, its more likely he got killed by a sniper or shotgun that does alot of damage then low damage weapons if it was a accident.



Autistic
 
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:15 pm
Byond Username: Autisme

Re: [ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Autistic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 pm #523651

Sorry if its a bit hard to read, not sure how else I was suppose to do it. Also spelling is ass. Dyslexia aint fun

User avatar
Rohesie
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Rohesie » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:29 am #523947

Hello, and thanks for applying. Is your nickname ironic?

Autistic wrote:3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Depending on his reason I would either ask a higher ranking staff to hear him out or tell him that he shoudnlt bother him with his request.


Could you give an example a reason that would make you defer to a higher admin, and a reason that would make you tell them not to bother?

Autistic wrote:5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would tell him that he is metagaming and that he needs to stop. If possible solve it torugh IC ways like MP arresting him


What would you answer if the player rudely asked you what specific rule they are breaking?

Autistic wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Depending how offending is was, I would either leave it as is or explain that they shoudnlt do that.


Could you exemplify what you'd leave as is and what you'd explain they shouldn't do?
Would how offended the person ahelping is determine your response?

Autistic wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Leave it as is, I dont see a particulair problem with it


What if another xeno ahelps about it and quotes RP standards, clearly bothered?

Autistic wrote:16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Probably honest mistake, unless its ofton enough I wont report it


Would you correct them or just do nothing?

Autistic wrote:18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell him to cut it out, else OOC mute


Same action for bashing a server than for bashing a player?

Autistic wrote:19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
If he doesnt have many notes ill assume it is a mistake. I will also look into with what gun he killed him, its more likely he got killed by a sniper or shotgun that does alot of damage then low damage weapons if it was a accident.


I'll give you three scenarios, tell me what you'd do on each:
A) Player has three notes about logging without notifying the admins and an expired jobban from all roles but marine for the same reason. The logs show they shot 3 HPR bullets in short sequence, killing the victim.

B) Player has two notes for improper escalation and one for OOC in IC. The logs state it shot the victim a single time with a mosin bullet in the head, instantly killing them.

C) Player has a note for using an improper name. Logs state they shot the victim six times with a laser gun, also hitting other people and xenos.

Autistic
 
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:15 pm
Byond Username: Autisme

Re: [ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Autistic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 pm #524031

Rohesie wrote:Hello, and thanks for applying. Is your nickname ironic?

I techincly am actuely autistic, but the name is mostly ironic meme yeah
Autistic wrote:3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Depending on his reason I would either ask a higher ranking staff to hear him out or tell him that he shoudnlt bother him with his request.


Rohesie wrote: Could you give an example a reason that would make you defer to a higher admin, and a reason that would make you tell them not to bother?


Either if iam not sure myself, or something perhaps along the lines of other staff members/system problems(Maby bug in there variables I cant fix or lack perms?) I wont call a high rank if I believe I can handel the situation myself
Autistic wrote:5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would tell him that he is metagaming and that he needs to stop. If possible solve it torugh IC ways like MP arresting him


Rohesie wrote:What would you answer if the player rudely asked you what specific rule they are breaking?


Refere to the rule by quoting it. In this case metagaming.
Autistic wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Depending how offending is was, I would either leave it as is or explain that they shoudnlt do that.


Rohesie wrote:Could you exemplify what you'd leave as is and what you'd explain they shouldn't do?

If lets say a black charcter as a marine gets a comment like "I know your used to it but dont shoot the armed officers" i would leave it. But if a person keeps talking about 'statistics' ill probably tell them its not funny and possible offensive to other players which would ruin there experiance.

Rohesie wrote:Would how offended the person ahelping is determine your response?



Yes how offended some one is would have influence on my response

Autistic wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Leave it as is, I dont see a particulair problem with it


Rohesie wrote:What if another xeno ahelps about it and quotes RP standards, clearly bothered?


Its the rule, so he has the right to complain. So ill have to tell the person reee'ing that he needs to stop

Autistic wrote:16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Probably honest mistake, unless its ofton enough I wont report it


Rohesie wrote:Would you correct them or just do nothing?


If I actuely know the information to a degree I CAN correc them i would. But otherwise ill try to refere them to somewhere where they can get the correct information

Autistic wrote:18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell him to cut it out, else OOC mute


Rohesie wrote:Same action for bashing a server than for bashing a player?


Maby less extreme since people arent likely to get botherd for bashing another server, but if its annoying or the bashing remains for too long Ill tell them they should stop and just play instead

Autistic wrote:19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
If he doesnt have many notes ill assume it is a mistake. I will also look into with what gun he killed him, its more likely he got killed by a sniper or shotgun that does alot of damage then low damage weapons if it was a accident.


Rohesie wrote:I'll give you three scenarios, tell me what you'd do on each:
A) Player has three notes about logging without notifying the admins and an expired jobban from all roles but marine for the same reason. The logs show they shot 3 HPR bullets in short sequence, killing the victim.

These logs dont really specify he is likely to kill friendly for shits, so Ill check the situation where it happend and if I can say its unlikely it happend on accident give him a note and maby a round ban/kick

Rohesie wrote:B) Player has two notes for improper escalation and one for OOC in IC. The logs state it shot the victim a single time with a mosin bullet in the head, instantly killing them.

Ill ask who ever got shot if anything happend before hand. If yes and the place it happend would be odd for FF ill assume he did it on accident so I will note it and maby minor punishment. THese notes dont exacly point to FF but make them more likely then other notes

Rohesie wrote:C) Player has a note for using an improper name. Logs state they shot the victim six times with a laser gun, also hitting other people and xenos.

This note doesnt have anything to do with this violantion so I dont have to keep it in mind while doing my investigation. If this happens near a cade then i can assume that hes just really bad at aiming and positing. If I can conclude he did it on accident(location etc). then I will note it and warn him.
Last edited by Autistic on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Autistic
 
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:15 pm
Byond Username: Autisme

Re: [ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Autistic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 pm #524032

Also very sorry for the way I repley iam new to forum posting

User avatar
Merryweather
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Byond Username: Merryweather

Re: [ADMIN] Autistic

Postby Merryweather » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:33 pm #526869

After communicating with the rest of the administration team, we will have to deny this application. Feel free to apply again after 30 days.
Head Administrator and a Lead of TGMC.
A part (HAPPY ORANGES) of one of the best SS13 servers out there, ish.



OOC: Rohesie: The oligarchy shall never fall.

Feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=22045

Toolboxing for a Cause: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24022


Return to TGMC Closed Applications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]