General SS13 Chat
Snakebutt

Re: Slimes

Post by Snakebutt » #59366

>not wanting to feed your cute, jiggly pets the delicious crew
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #59376

if you say 'hello, slime 333' and #333 says hello back, that means they consider you their waifu friend

i.e they or their offspring will never attack you 4nr (unless you attack them or don't feed them for ages, I think)

the slime has to be your friend for them to follow you I think

but saying hello on its own doesn't really do anything, it just lets you know whether or not the slime likes you

for 'stop feeding on someone', try 'follow' and drag them away at the same time - hopefully they'll take your command as more important than their delicious meal
Image Image Image
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #59381

From what I can tell from their life.dm, if you say 'stop' while they're eating and you're their friend, they'll stop.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #59383

In my experiance, in order for them to follow, the piper has be both their friend and a slime person.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #59453

Shouldn't be taking your pet slime to a what is supposed to be a largely trafficked area anyway. It's either going to get killed for just being there or it's gonna bother someone and then get you both killed. Taking it to other depts than your own is one thing but going to the place where everybody knows your name is another..
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #60754

Is there any way we can get all this shiz ported to slimes that have been tamed with a docility potion? It seems like they lose all personality when you potion them, which is lame. Bonus points if you could also give an attack command for personal defense.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #60757

I'm pretty sure you always have to have the word "slimes" in any command you do
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Methelod

Post by Methelod » #60895

I fixed up the slime command code a bit. Slimes respond when they are being acknowledged, either the specific slime by their number, or all slimes in an area if you include slimes. The important part of it is that toy NEED to reference the slimes or else it won't register a command. They understand hi, follow and stop currently. Slimes have states of friendship. The more friendly they are to you, the more likely they will listen to a command. Porting over an attack command could be done, although it would be a bit of a pain.
Methelod

Post by Methelod » #60904

If slime friendship is over a certain amount, they'll follow the command. Although telling them to stop under certain conditions will lower their friendship level. (So it's possible to tell a slime to not eat someone, only to have it decide to eat you. I believe. Not sure if that changed.) Only real RNG is whether or not they get friendlier when you feed them a monkey. Shoving plasma into them works 100% of the time though.