[ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Soldierboy2

Byond Username: SoldierBoy2

[ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Postby Soldierboy2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 am #551070

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Soldierboy2, Marazmus172, Classicsans
Character name(s): John 'Angry' Sharp, Alexsandr Senaviev
Timezone: 10+ AEST
Discord tag: Tachanka0012 #1138
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: mentor on the current TGMC server
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: TGMC 3 or 4 months. SS13, a few years
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Yog 24 hour ban. being an idiot
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: CM, getting angry due to an imbalanced situation as survivor. Paradise, did dumb thing while bored
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I believe I will make a good admin due to my ability to constantly be online, I can thoroughly remember and follow rules and I've learned roles rather well to know what is expected from them
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? the speed I perform actions at. I know what to do but im not fast at performing them
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? I hold players to a semi serious standpoint. I mainly just expect that they don't act like children or shoot people without a reason
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? it wouldn't be that high of a frequency just to keep things from being normalised. so about once a week to once every fortnight
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? being the technical peacekeeper and server babysitter, having to deal with the people I might have to ban overreacting
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? the only way i'd stop on TGMC is if the server died and closed forever

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Question why they did it and base the rest over why, if a valid reason let the MPs handle it IG. if it is completely ridiculous set a warning or temporary ban depending on if this is a repeat offence
2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
refer them to a mentor who will help them unless a mentor isn't available then attempt to do your best at helping them get ready. link them the rules since they may not know them
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
refer them to one but attempt to calm them in the situation.
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
inform them that our character names have to have a higher quality of RP from most of those LRP servers and ask them to change it before playing another round
5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
ask them to remove it and get back to work.
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
encourage one of the aliens to go boiler and tell the aliens to siege the ship/ fax the marines that they will be forced to disable the ships power until progress is made towards the mission.
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
politely but firmly tell them to stop, react according to their actions after
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
explain that a fistfight does not give escalation to murdering marines. to ensure they don't continue A Sleep them and get the story from the other marine as well
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
ask the person or people telling jokes that although most people are enjoying the jokes that not all people do and to avoid it in the near future
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
ban them for the appropriate amount of time
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
message them to tell inform them that larva are not to be on the frontlines if they bursted in a safer area and tell them to please not charge into the area as a worm
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
ask them to keep the chat serious and more like the xenomorphs would actually communicate
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
remind them that the marines don't know of the xeno presence
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
id say let it go due to the way they RP'd but ask them to try to not play such situations out.
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
subtle message a player nearby to get them to cryo and free up the job position
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
use the admin chat to correct them and then PM the marine the correct information and apologise for the mix up
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
report it to a higher staff member
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
at first ask them to stop. if it continues mute the OOC and LOOC if necessary
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
look into the situation and decide from there. the story may be false or true

The seagull

Byond Username: Teaika

Re: [ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Postby The seagull » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 pm #551164

Paradise, did dumb thing while bored

What dumb thing?
Question why they did it and base the rest over why, if a valid reason let the MPs handle it IG. if it is completely ridiculous set a warning or temporary ban depending on if this is a repeat offence

What would you call a "valid reason"? A "completely ridiculous" reason?
refer them to one [of the leads] but attempt to calm them in the situation.

There are no leads currently online or they're busy, what would you do?
ask them to remove it [weapons and armor] and get back to work.

the ST says that MP allowed him to take the weapons and he says he don't need a specified reason to carry guns on the ship, what would you do?
encourage one of the aliens to go boiler and tell the aliens to siege the ship/ fax the marines that they will be forced to disable the ships power until progress is made towards the mission.

one of the spitters said they tried to evo but can't, there are no slots for T3, what would you do?
explain that a fistfight does not give escalation to murdering marines. to ensure they don't continue A Sleep them and get the story from the other marine as well

a-sleep action is generally a bad an unneccessary thing to do. the other marine said that he only jokingly threatened him with a knife, accidentally attacking him afterwards.
remind them that the marines don't know of the xeno presence

that there might be xenos on the planet.
Marines also know about the xenomorphes existing.
look into the situation and decide from there. the story may be false or true

tell your actions if you find out that the FF was intentional and that FF was not intentional.

Soldierboy2

Byond Username: SoldierBoy2

Postby Soldierboy2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:22 pm #551170

decided to play as a lawyer, so what I did was grabbed a crayon and just scribbled stupid things around the station. I was feeling bored and tried to occupy myself.
well a good reason would be that the player had stolen something that is near impossible to replace like if you are a spec on TGMC. and someone barges past you and steals the loadout you vended. however it can also count as a stupid reason. however near round start it can be a bit hectic due to the rushes and people pushing and shoving to get ready, so people can overreact and see any reason no matter how insignificant justifiable.
no leads available, id state that and attempt to solve the situation there, if they continue to push refer them to the discord unless they get too angry and do what I can to solve it without causing more problems.
explain that due to the fact that they are a civilian even if the MP says it is acceptable that it is green and there is absolutely no reason to carry weapons and armour on the ship
ask the shrike (if there is one) to do the devolving trick (if it still works) or attempt to siege the ship like that by just hiding and spraying turrets
straighten out the situation and explain the misunderstanding to both parties.
with the xenos existing I am more used to people just knowing what they are going to encounter so I should have expected that they Might. however for the most part that was a mess up
if the FF was intentional, either impose a warning or temp ban depending on repeat offences and other circumstances, if it was not intentional. ask the marine to keep the weapons safety on or keep it holstered to avoid further problems.

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Grinkgo

Postby grinkgo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 am #551610

Hello, and thank you for applying for the admin team!

Soldierboy2 wrote:Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Yog 24 hour ban. being an idiot
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: CM, getting angry due to an imbalanced situation as survivor. Paradise, did dumb thing while bored

After some deliberation in hostchat with many other servers, it's come to my attention that you have an extremely lengthy record of being a poor player and engaging in LRP behavior, even to the point of griefing. You've had 3 server bans and 2 job bans on Yogstation alone in the last 6 months. What, may I ask, makes you think that you are mature enough and trustworthy enough to be tasked with administrative responsibilities? 4 server bans on paradise, 5 on yogstation across multiple ckeys, and a ban on CM. A total of 10 bans across these servers, not counting job bans, within the past 1-2 years.

I honestly like a lot of the rest of your application. I do. You've answered many of the questions pretty well or as expected, but I simply cannot look at your history as a player in SS13 and say that I would trust you with admin powers. What I'd like from you is more time spent on our server with good behavior to prove that you are in fact a different person than all those notes and bans say you are.

Until then, this application is DENIED. You may reapply in at least 30 days, however I would suggest waiting until your reputation has improved.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications