[ Admin ] RYSE

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

RYSE

Byond Username: RYSE

[ Admin ] RYSE

Postby RYSE » Mon May 25, 2020 12:18 am #562707

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: RYSE
Character name(s): I forgot his name it was a unique name
Timezone: Arizona ( Not MST do not follow Daylight savings )
Discord tag: Cayden#607
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: I have not for byond servers but i have been admin and Co-owner for other servers over the years. I used to Admin/Co Arma Life and Arma II life Servers and Owned a Gmod Server as well.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I been playing various different servers for almost 3 yearish
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: No I haven't
Have you ever received a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: No I haven't
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? Because I am a people person when it comes to helping other understand rules and or the game its self as well if things go amidst everyone has their moments of playing games and learning, we all have started on servers and had no idea how to play and you need to have a good person or someone willing to help with something and well that's me.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Everything I mean nobody is perfect when it comes to this I have mostly only played Medical because I mostly enjoy making sure people survive in battle my mindset isn't for engineer or others but I still need to learn those fields if people need help
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgments on their actions be determined? Well, my standards are people always make mistakes so i try to understand what happened before making that judgment that could determine their time on the server from Ban's / time out or whatever.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? Well to see what players want because you want to make the players happy and if you dont have happy players you wont have players at all
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find the least enjoyable? being an admin always had it Pros and Cons. Because the ( Cons ) fact you will always have the Angry player thinking something wasn't done right in-game, Pros you have the ability to explain and hopefully have them understand that if it was justified that its an IC matter, not an admin issue or whatever the case is at the time.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? Well for me, I am not working and have no life, So when it comes to Admining i don't quit or if i have RL going on that would be the only reason i would be doing admin duties because i stick to what i do.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

Well, this all depends on what the case is because people always like to play the macho man or something when it comes to an RP base military role,
for the most part, depending on the issue on hand if it was what I call ( MASS RDM - Random death match ect. ) tried to kill more then one that's an admin issue but if he shot another play start of the game that's to me is an IC issue and MP's already handled it

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

Well, I would ask if he need help, or if he's lost, ask if he's seen the starter guide, and if not direct them to it or at least a mentor.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

I would calmly ask him to settle down and still try to deal with the issue because calling upon a higher ranking staff, because you always wanna try to help them regardless, and if he still refuses then as id say elevate it to the next Higher staff member.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

Let him know that the rules on every server are always different and Unfortunately, our rules do not allow this kind of name and it has to be changed.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

Well if he isn't threatening people with it I'm not sure what the problem is because this isn't actual SS13 and for the fact, i have seen people do this all the time
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The Marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

well admin standpoint, that's a tough call because that's like telling someone just go run through a burning house and see if they come out alive BUT Aliens are far too weak in the early stages, For the Marines, just trying to encourage them to adventure out to get this round moving Player standpoint for the marines get them to push out and try to explore and find what we are looking for.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

So this is another In-game issue because the fact he is disrupting the operation but MPs Mostly deal with the issue but if their is no MP's present, I would give him a warning to start acting correcting during the round there is plenty to go around.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

This is an invalid reason to do so, but it most standards MPs would deal with this since the fact he assaulted another marine and killed him but it also could be an admin issue since the fact he disrupted a players game but the scenario is very much up in the air because there is two way you can go about it, You can leave him with a warning for what he did, Or leave MPs to deal with it, but most cases you could give them a time out ( hr ban or something ) this is just a very much an open window for ways for it to be dealt with.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

Well i do not care for Racism but this goes off on how the rules are when it comes to Racism, but as well everyone does their own Racist jokes with friends, but some people
don't know how to joke around, my self i just don't tolerate it depending on the severity when it comes to community standpoint.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

That's a instaban no question asked that Mass RDM and disrupts the server operations and could kill the server

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

Shit happens let them off the hook if it continues to ask them why they keep dying or whatever

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

well they shouldn't even know what Ree and Ayylmao mean's but technically breaking immersion and ask them to please stoppppppp!! breaking immersion

13. A command staff player mentions during the briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

That's Metagaming since new round and they shouldn't even know what a Xeno is, Give them a warning

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

Well if it was Roleplayed then to me, that justified since it was RPed not Random death.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

Job banned / or Warning to be since he took a vital role in the game and could of let someone else take that spot that was going to stay logged on.

16. You see a member of the staff gives wrong information in an adminhelp.

give the correct info to the member and then tell a lead that they were giving out false info to players

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

Tell leads that specific person was abusing powers this is not in my powers to deal with

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

This all depends on how this is all being done if this is all in good fun, i really don't think it matters but if people are genuinely aggravated at it, i'll tell them to stop.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

Well this depends on how the death was murderous intent or accidental shot in the back, check logs for evidence.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ Admin ] RYSE

Postby JPR » Tue May 26, 2020 7:05 pm #562885

1) What would you do with a player who announces on comms, then shoots himself before drop "to prove how tough he is?

6) Be aware that talking/announcements don't generally change the round, unless you're trying to get 1-2 ayys to suicide-rush.

11a) What if the larva logged off upon dying?
11b) What if there was evidence that the larva intended to die (comments in LOOC as a marine about dying as a larva, telling people on comms similar, telling dchat you died on purpose)?

13) Elaborate as to why this is considered metagaming, given as we have one possible roundtype, barring admeme intervention.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Actions for each case, plz.

1, 7, 8) Be aware that it's fairly rare for us to have MP's. Additionally, some things need to be handled OOC, while others can be left IC and add to the round. Generally, just use your best judgement with those.

Decent app.

RYSE

Postby RYSE » Wed May 27, 2020 12:20 am #562914

JPR wrote:1)

What would you do with a player who announces on comms, then shoots himself before drop "to prove how tough he is?

6) Be aware that talking/announcements don't generally change the round, unless you're trying to get 1-2 ayys to suicide-rush.

11a) What if the larva logged off upon dying?

11b) What if there was evidence that the larva intended to die (comments in LOOC as a marine about dying as a larva, telling people on comms similar, telling dchat you died on purpose)?

13) Elaborate as to why this is considered metagaming, given as we have one possible round type, barring admeme intervention.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".

19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly ahelps asking for a revive for them.

19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Actions for each case, plz.

1, 7, 8) Be aware that it's fairly rare for us to have MP's. Additionally, some things need to be handled OOC, while others can be left IC and add to the round. Generally, just use your best judgment with those.

Decent app.

I know most scenarios are different but I'm just giving my judgment from experiencing gameplay over the years.

My self i am used to more of a Higher RP standards but I do understand the Medium RP on the server but there is a lack in RP really. :?

but also i still enjoy the server regardless the cluster fuck that is on it at times.

RYSE

Postby RYSE » Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 am #562915

What would you do with a player who announces on comms, then shoots himself before drop "to prove how tough he is?

This im not even sure because every server has different rules when it comes to stuff, To me that is just someone being a troll, others may think its funny so based off RP or gameplay id leave it alone.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Postby JPR » Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 pm #562997

Have you read our rules?

RYSE

Postby RYSE » Wed May 27, 2020 5:09 pm #562998

Yes of course I have. :geek:

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 pm #563791

Hi, thank you for applying. After review and discussion we've decided to deny this application. Regardless I would like to thank you for your interest.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications