cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Wyzack » #136372

Bottom post of the previous page:

[e]xamine the shelves
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136373

okay, I now have two bottles of salt water. how do I empty them and fill them from a water source
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #136375

"U", find a water source like a toilet or river, "e" the source, use the empty bottle
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136379

My face is numb; if I wear the emergency basement and sleep in the shelter basement, will that fix this issue? Or do I need to go hunt down a hat?

Also how do I go to sleep

Also also why am I ending up wet in rain when I'm wearing a rain coat
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #136381

Might be a layering issue. Check your equipment and make sure the raincoat is your outermost layer of clothing. Could be the code just looks to see if any of your clothing is getting wet and applies the effect to you instead of looking to see if you have an impermeable layer between the wet stuff and yourself.

Sleeping is $ IIRC? It's been a long time since I played.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #136382

Drynwyn wrote:My face is numb; if I wear the emergency basement and sleep in the shelter basement, will that fix this issue? Or do I need to go hunt down a hat?

Also how do I go to sleep

Also also why am I ending up wet in rain when I'm wearing a rain coat

Build a fire and stand next to it OR make a long patchwork scarf or a normal one, wear it and stay indoors OR make a balvacada and fur hat.
Your tailoring should already be high enough to build all 3 of those, or your doing it all wrong.

-

Shift+4, will prompt you the following:

1. Sleep
2. Save before Sleeping
3. Cancel

-
Is your raincoat damaged, is it a modded item that doesn't work, are you sure your wearing it, is it the last thing you equipped when you put on clothing, is it not covered in anything, are you not already wet.

If its none of those, then i have no idea, try taking it off and putting it back on again, or not wearing it and not going outside when its raining.

-
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136384

Yeah, I was wearing compression shorts over the rain coat. Somehow. Fixed, and made a scarf.

Also, dumped salt water onto ground once, can't now- unload demands I select a thing to pour the water into.

Current status: Have several days of food and water, fit leather pants, fit leather jacket, fit rain coat, fit scarf, and the Razor Girl bionic set. (Also, know the Scorpion unarmed fighting style, and DAMN if it doesn't kick ass.) However, after a moose attack, my head is in yellow. Hope that fixes itself after a while.

EDIT: Oh hey I found a giant pile (50 units) of cocaine in this house. Should I engage party mode?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136394

When it promps you to select a container press escape, then select a direction to empty shit. You also may have been getting wet because your hat was not waterproof, you need both to stay totally dry.

Cocaine and other stimulants are actually great, use them in a pinch. If you have 50 you can go on a pretty sweet zombie slaying bender
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136396

Nah, i'm good on staying dry now, the raincoat has a hood.

Updoot: Killed by shocker zombie on Day 3. Is going out during the day suicidal?

Update Update: Jesus, this screen size shit is obnoxious. Having to scroll around constantly to make sure I'm staying distant from zombies is very little fun.

Update update update: Noise very bad, huh. Like, VERY VERY bad.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136475

FYI, go to options to change the terminal height/width and/or the tileset used. I like MShocked. In the 'Sheltered' start, they give you quite a good amount of starting resources and a safe location, hell, they even give you pipes and wire from the chainlink fence down there. The negatives here is that all the zombies will have evolved and much of the non-canned food will have long since rotted, since you're starting with 40-days past when you'd typically start, hence the benefits. On top of this, it's winter, and you always start in a remote location so you're basically hardlined into makeshift equipment until you can loot enough bookstores/libraries/etc. to increase your melee/dodging/weapon skills substantially.

Fortunately, you can knock up your tailoring and fab skill to 4~ in a day or two easily by destroying 3/4s of your bed (deconning being superior to smashing, but either being viable) (leaving the last to sleep on, along with all but one of the blankets. Oh yeah, did I mention you can sleep in blankets? Just stand on a bed with a blanket below you and hit $. Regardless, then you just have to move the crap ton of rags upstairs and open the door to craft and a ton of 2x4s, nails, pipes, scrap metal/steel you can salvage (by mashing them with a weapon wielded, a regular 2x4 works) from the metal equipment upstairs. Don't haul ridiculous amounts, just the amount that you think you need presently. Rags let you train your tailoring whenever and improve/add on to your meagre starting equipment, which includes zero mouth and hand protection, long underwear tops working well to increase your warmth. By the way, to see how warm each body part is, press @ or +, it's the bracketed number beside the encumberance. Positive is 'warm' and negative is 'cold' green entails it's in an tolerable range, and yellow/blue means you'll start receiving very reversible penalties if that status in maintained for a long period. Nearby fires will warm you, obviously, but aside from very long-lasting fires you don't need to adjust your equipment.

Make yourself a weapon if need be, start prepping a fishing rod if you can see a nearby large body of water for infinite food (fishing traps help alot too), infinite water just requires you to use those wood stoves and obtain two plastic bottles - one to hold clean water, one to hold the dirty water, which is obtainable from the small stream going through the LMOE hideout, alongside any object with boiling 1 - a stone pot works fine for this purpose (keep in mind rocks themselves count as hammering 1 and can be used to make a stone hammer!). However, ridding yourself of both major problems is not the primary difficulty here, the zombies and machines left behind are, alongside improving your situation so you can explore more dangerous areas, such as science labs, military bases, triffid groves, otherworldly locations (arcana mod), old mineshafts etc. Once you think you're 'gud' at static spawn mode, you've gotten reasonably far into the game, and you've fortified a semi-permanent base - turn on hordes. This mode is normally utter bullshit early in the game, especially in 'loud' starts (burning building, mallcop, etc.) but it adds heft and risk to mid-late game, and a reason to build all those defenses.

Regardless, once you're confident in your equipment head out to the nearest farm if you can see one. These will provide you with a sustainable food source, digging tools, and seeds to get started on your own farm - I haven't messed around with farming yet, but theoretically you should be good planting potatoes and carrots even in the winter right next to your shelter. Cooked food almost always increases overall nutrition and enjoyment marginally, but the spoiling rate substantially increases as well, so cook what you need as food comes in, you can seed some of it I believe since I could net myself rhubarb stems in my most recent game, but I'm not 100% sure if that extends to potatoes and carrots. Probably uses survival skill so focus on leveling that, I suppose - keep in mind that only the items of your current level or above give any experience, and the amount you get is directly related to how 'focused' you are, with 100 being baseline.

Regardless, if there's shitall in your area, no stream, no water, no resources, head to the nearest city in the mid afternoon, following a road or, failing that, heading a random direction while carrying enough supplies to get by, multiple improvised lockpicks from the scraps (5~ is best) and any properly layered set of clothing that you've made (with a backpack). Bonus points for fashioning two wooden frames and putting a wooden box on top of it to tug along another 120 vol worth of crap around with you for looting purposes. Grab what looks useful from the fringe houses/stores in the dead of night, making as little noise as possible (crowbars WILL let you break in through locked doors, but it'll make some noise - you're better off with the improv lockpicks if they're accessible to you). Once you're full, haul it on back or make a temporary 'dump' base in one of the better set-up houses. Close all the blinds, etc. etc, and sort everything into piles. Once you think you have enough resources, take your shit and run back to your shelter if it wasn't obscenely far, otherwise you can choose between staying and going. Go from there.

Short like, 3 second tutorial to how3live in sheltered mode.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136497

writefaggotry incoming

Diary of a Razor Girl (Part 1)

Peeking out through the curtains, I survey the situation. The area outside the shelter looks clear of zombies, but suddenly a moose wanders in front of the window, staring at the curtains with one huge eye. Horny bastards will try and hump anything that isn't covered in spikes- and even then, it's a toss up.

I elect to leave the shelter through the south door. I really don't feel like fending off an amorous moose today.

Creeping along the southern wall of the shelter, I've just passed the corner when the wired reflexes take over and my arms jerk up in front of my face like a puppet on a string. Good thing they did, to, because a moment later something crashes into them and I go flying backwards. I look over at what just hit me, lowering my arms.

"Jesus christ. At least buy a girl a drink first."

Staring me down with it's oily black eyes is a bulging zed that looks like it's taken all the steroids in the world and then some. Musta just been standing around by the corner of the shelter where I couldn't see it through the windows.

I take off running like a bat out of hell. My claws have popped, but those little bastards were always too eager for a fight. I dunno if the surgeon goofed or if my body chemistry's just fucked, but after the fifth time you sprout a set of finger razors in the bedroom, you start to regret going to a cyber shop with a "No Refunds" sign.

Out of the corner of my eye I see what I'm looking for- a nice big patch of torn-up asphalt and steel. Mentally thanking fate for a misspent youth, I dive through a tiny gap in the wreckage. A nasty-looking steel spur rips across my face as I do so- but it's just the skin. Based on the sudden air flow, I'm guessing a nice big flap of my face is now missing, showing off the dull gray subdermal mesh underneath. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

I spin on a dime and stand waiting as the hulk clumsily lumbers through the wreckage. The moment it's face peeps up over the wreckage, my hands are on their way- I jam my thumb razors through it's eyes, and oily black fluid sprays onto the pavement. Meanwhile, my fingers shred it's cheeks, exposing it's blackened, rotted mouth. The thing bellows and tries to take a swing at me- but I've already hopped over another piece of wreckage and am waiting for it to come closer.

It's a good thing the hulk was so damn stupid. If it had any sense it would have waited for me to leave the wreckage or thrown something at me. It's just a big, dumb, animal, though- so after a few minutes of this dance, it collapses onto the wreckage, dripping black gunk from the dozens of gashes I tore in it's flesh. I check over the body real quick, and see a flash of something grey and metallic. A pistol, maybe? Wouldn't object to that at all.

Hopping down from my perch, I reach into the corpse's pocket- not a gun. Something round and thick (heh). I pull it out, and laugh, kicking the corpse as I pop the tab on the aluminum can of Bud Light.

"See, buddy? That wasn't so hard. Got to treat me right if you want things to end well."
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136659

> Lightstrips.

Holy shit these are amazing. They last weeks, use relatively cheap parts, and give off the same amount of light as a terminal would. If you aren't in a church, radio station, or other area with a terminal, this is a godsend.

I mean, I was using a lantern for a long while, and that *worked*, but it ran low much quicker than a lightstrip. Sure, you can't turn em off, but they last several times as long and you don't need tallow or anything.

Also, I've essentially cleared my first town, at this point I'm just getting some essentially skills up and building a small car. Maybe I'll search for a science lab or military base afterward. Of course, I'll turn on wandering static spawns the moment I leave my first town for 1!1!challenge1!1!.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136676

I have the Robust Genetics trait and there's a Hazardous Waste Sarcophagus near my starting area. Should I go there and try to mutate Y/N?

Additonally: Having a tailor's kit and Tailoring 3, how do I actually refit clothing? (I have an MBR vest i'd really like to refit.)
Last edited by Drynwyn on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136682

Use the tailor kit and select repair when the clothing you want to fit is already fully repaired. you need rags/leather to do this. You can also reinforce some clothing once it is fitted.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136687

Wyzack wrote:Use the tailor kit and select repair when the clothing you want to fit is already fully repaired. you need rags/leather to do this. You can also reinforce some clothing once it is fitted.
Good know, what tools will I need to refit an MBR vest?

EDIT: Doesn't matter anymore, dissasembled it and used the parts to line everything I own with kevlar.

Also, after a trip to the radiation sarcophagus, I now have the Rough Skin mutation and shit webs everywhere. I'm also not slowed by webs, which is good, because my base is now covered in webbing.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #136720

Stuff made of plastic and shit needs a soldering iron.
Same method as tailoring, IIRC
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136725

Apparently I lost my kevlar-lined leather pants at some point during that last scavenging run. I'm... just not gonna dwell on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was under some webs.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136752

Wiznard you got me hooked on Rycon's stream. He is such a rad dude, every time i comment i get a response from him like within the hour
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136754

Where can I find the tainted meat/tainted veg/fetuses/limbs I need to craft mutagens?
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #136755

Labs.

Have fun

EDIT: Meat is from any zombie you butcher, veg is from any mutated plants you butcher
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #136756

Wyzack wrote:Wiznard you got me hooked on Rycon's stream. He is such a rad dude, every time i comment i get a response from him like within the hour
Smaller youtubers are the bomb
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136803

I think I got the cold or something, I keep coughing and feeling tired. (I hit the wrong key and drank some swamp water before purifying it.) How can I get rid of this

EDIT: Waited for a while and it worked itself out. Thankfully I had enough supplies that I didn't need to forage.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136807

Might also be a parasite from dirty water
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136812

Found out why it wasn't running. Apparently Avast was stopping it and not telling me. Setting up an exclusion let it run again.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136860

okay, i've wasted enough time dicking around with bionics and mutagens.

how do I car

Like, two main things. 1, how drive car. I press one keyboard key and it doesn't turn in that direction? Bikes, cars, whatever, cannot get them to move in the way I want. How do car controls even work.

2, how build car. Obv the mechanics skill, an acetylene torch, etc are necessary, but what do you actually DO?
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #136868

Okay

Make sure you're in control of the vehicle.

Using the numpad, pressing 8 will throttle up, pressing 2 will throttle down.
4 and 6 will turn you a few degrees each time you press it.
5 is "idle", it's basically passing a turn, the car will continue on in it's current heading at it's current speed for a turn.

Try to find a bike or something, it's easier to learn on that so you don't immediately die.

BUILDING:
To start with, you need a frame
There's several kinds, from shopping cart/bike light frames, to wooden, to steel and then the military grade stuff
You can find them in garages, you can strip them from existing vehicles, or you can craft them
Examine the frame.
You now have the option to (i)nstall things.
A vehicle, at bare minimum to move, needs a frame, wheels; generally at least 2, this increases with weight, a seat and controls.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136869

I've survived surprisingly long on my current handyman character, despite not cheesing traits as much as I usually do. But the houses I keep holing up in keep getting slowly swarmed by nearby fungus and getting metamorphed into fungus walls. Annoying.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136878

> Make my own minicar for general adventuring, intending to bring loot back to my main hive after looting 2000~ from a nearby city.
> First driving experience, read my way to level 3 driving at least, thank god.
> Decide to YOLO my way into the second town. > Acidic zombies fucking everywhere in one of my intended quickdrop zone (foldable cart quick grab on a gun shop).
> Get rekt by my own quick-play strategy, acidic zombies can fucking grab too.
> Legs both broken after fighting my way through swathes of zombies. Cornered in a gun shop by a gajillion zombies.
> Abuse the five guns I managed to put on my person to narrowly escape into my vehicle waiting in the back.
> Drive off into the sunset.
> No splints on-hand, have to drive all the way back home.
> Decide to take a shortcut through the fields.
> Drive into the middle of a fucking minefield.
> Mines take out my tires, zombies see a tasty treat and enclose.
> Barely survive by using several grenades, shooting through the windshield, and letting them funnel in one-by-one into the sole car door.
> Car basically totalled. Now I sit admist a pile of corpses, half-dead with most of my equipment on the ground because of the strength penalties.

I have to either abandon almost all my gear and try to find safe shelter (which should have some rags/wood salvagable for splints), or find a new working car. On top of this, the rest of the horde is probably en-route, and I don't have much water left (though I have plenty of preserved food). I believe it's finally time for Emily Ranger to pull our her third miracle this game.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136884

EndgamerAzari wrote:I've survived surprisingly long on my current handyman character, despite not cheesing traits as much as I usually do. But the houses I keep holing up in keep getting slowly swarmed by nearby fungus and getting metamorphed into fungus walls. Annoying.
Anywhere remotely close to a fungal tower is an instant no living zone for like a radius of 30 map tiles for me. Have you been wearing anything covering your mouth by chance? Like a dust mask?
Spoiler:
otherwise you're gonna have a bad time
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136885

Been wearing a scarf since before I started having problems with encroaching shrooms.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136916

That is definitely not good enough. You need to a) get the fuck out of dodge far and away from any fungaloids and b) raid pharmacies and labs for an antifungal drug or royal jelly because there is a really good chance you have acquired a lethal fungal infection. You will know for sure if you vomit Grey goop
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136920

Wyzack wrote:That is definitely not good enough. You need to a) get the fuck out of dodge far and away from any fungaloids and b) raid pharmacies and labs for an antifungal drug or royal jelly because
Spoiler:
there is a really good chance you have acquired a lethal fungal infection. You will know for sure if you vomit Grey goop
but the !!fun!!
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137007

I've been living 27 tiles from a fungal tower and haven't had any issues. I've been wearing a survivor mask and have Poison Resistant, though. I checked my pile of chemical supplies, still, and I can make an antifungal if I need one.

EDIT: Torso started hurting and became nauseous 3 turns after I made this post. Mixed and ate antifungal and it went away. GG game
Last edited by Drynwyn on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #137008

So can you actually make use of fungal towers and make them a good thing for you? It'd be awesome if you could make them helpful and start spreading the fungus everywhere.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137009

Zilenan91 wrote:So can you actually make use of fungal towers and make them a good thing for you? It'd be awesome if you could make them helpful and start spreading the fungus everywhere.
Spoiler:
It's possible to become one of the Mycus (mushroom folks). Eat a Marloss Berry, then a Marloss Seed, then approach the fungal spire and allow it to use it's sap attack on you. A plant will grow under you, pick it and eat the fruit. You are now a fungus. However, this locks you out of post-threshold mutations.
Unrelated: How can I pick up components that I remove from cars? Are they just destroyed?
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #137010

They drop under you, last I checked, though they might be under the car itself.

Oh, and as this is something I didn't learn till I was a few weeks into playing, Shift-G lets you pull almost anything.

Cars are pretty much the upper limit, even with 20 strength, but it's possible.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137013

They should drop under you, but if the part is greyed out then all that will drop is scrap metal and bits of steel
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137014

Yeah, it was dropping under me. Problem solved!
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137022

>New character
>Manage to get set up in a decent house after a few close scrapes, slowly clearing the surrounding area
>Go out to fight a couple zombies that bumbled into the wreck of a truck in front of my house at night
>Kill them
>Mugger approaches
>Run, extinguish my light, climb back in through my window
>Close curtains, hope he doesn't see me
>He breaks the window and starts to climb in
>Hit him with my nord
"Dickass McShitneck blocks a little of the damage with their simple flamethrower!"
>sothisishowidie.png
>He fires it
>Shit starts exploding
>Die in one turn
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137024

Fucking flamethrower NPCs are the worst.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #137027

> Recovering from my injuries with a leg splint on.
> Oh look NPCs on the map! Let's go investigate!
> Jump out of my car, met with bullets. Sprint around the back of my car and take them out one by one.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137028

I've finally manged to get some high skills on a character. Running around with Dodging 6, Melee 11, Unarmed Combat 10, finger razors, and Scorpion Style kung fu, beating zombie bears to death with my bare hands.

Got far enough into a lab (Had a science ID) to find serum recipes- about to try for a Spider threshold breach. Have a lot of positive mutations without too many negatives thanks to careful use of purifiers. (Carnivore is a obnoxious at times, but meat generally isn't hard to find.)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137029

Herbevore is likewise easy to deal with if there is a triffid grove around
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137033

I'm also probably fucked if I ever meet an NPC who wants to talk rather than just opening fire.

EDIT: Threshold break was a success, I am now a spider!

The Web Weaver mutation says it costs "RU" when it is active; what is an RU? Nutrition?
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137076

Drynwyn wrote:I'm also probably fucked if I ever meet an NPC who wants to talk rather than just opening fire.

The Web Weaver mutation says it costs "RU" when it is active; what is an RU? Nutrition?
I dunno, RU sure it doesn't stand for resource units?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137077

TheWiznard wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:I'm also probably fucked if I ever meet an NPC who wants to talk rather than just opening fire.

I dunno, RU sure it doesn't stand for resource units?
Doesn't seem to make me hunger any faster, and doesn't drain my bionic power, so I have no idea what it is.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137087

In the unlikely even the wiki isn't outdated as fuck, it won't cost you anything.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137091

playing along the refugee center missions they decided to
Spoiler:
built their outpost in the middle of a ranch...which is itself in the middle of a fucking crater... upon arriving I had to shovel a path through the rubble to even make it to the garage.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137093

I am tempted to be a disgusting autist now and start as female.
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137108

DemonFiren wrote:I am tempted to be a disgusting autist now and start as female.
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
What RU doing here ssssir
you can also get a a spear
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137126

TheWiznard wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:I am tempted to be a disgusting autist now and start as female.
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
What RU doing here ssssir
you can also get a a spear
if you don't do this i'm making this happen