Boredom on tg

General SS13 Chat
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Boredom on tg

Post by Timonk » #573436

I feel like that becomes a problem for a lot of old players where everything is uninteresting because they have seen it too many times before. tg is like a hub of every code bases most common features. All of the departments are basically just click button to make thing go brr except maybe atmos. What do you do in sec? Click criminal until whining. Medical? Stand around doing surgery while almost falling asleep because you can't do anything else while doing surgery. Science? Click research button oh look I can print thing now

I feel like tg needs more features that you can actually encounter while playing. There's tons of items that aren't even used outside of admin intervention. The only times I feel like something is innovative and fun is when some admin runs an event or when there is a creative antag gimmick

Also you can't use "when you code it" in this thread because I tried, fell face first into a mud puddle then got accused of blackface and got put outside for good measure because the whole building could have been closed because of me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Boredom on tg

Post by wesoda25 » #573444

How about instead of steepening our already insane learning curve, you just learn to take a break? The simplest solution to burnout/boredom is distancing yourself until the novelty returns. No need for further intricacy imo (not to say adding new content is bad, it’s just not a (viable) solution to boredom).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573446

wesoda25 wrote:How about instead of steepening our already insane learning curve, you just learn to take a break? The simplest solution to burnout/boredom is distancing yourself until the novelty returns. No need for further intricacy imo (not to say adding new content is bad, it’s just not a (viable) solution to boredom).
Nooo because if you take a break then people will point out your low recent connections number and then your life will be over!!!!

For real though, take a break. Take a long break. Come back when the game has cool new stuff and then it'll be cool again. Playing in short bursts instead of constantly keeps the game relatively fresh even after having played for literally thousands of hours.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #573449

There are many ways to be a part of the community without actively playing the game, especially if you're open to volunteering time to improving things around here.

If that doesn't interest you, yeah, breaks are always good. There'll be a lot of new content to come back to.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #573458

Our jobs could be better, other than that I'm with these guys
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #573493

RaveRadbury wrote:There'll be a lot of new content to come back to.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #573498

I take breaks from the game all the time (I'm currently in one). You shouldn't be forcing yourself to play something that's not entertaining for you at the moment.

I may not be a player as old as you, but there's still lots of things for me to try in the game. And everytime I come back from a break there's plenty of new stuff to do.

While I do enjoy the high complexity of the gameplay by itself, it's the crazy stories and events those complex mechanics allow that make the game interesting for me. I also enjoy coming up with new characters and silly roleplay gimmicks, and the only limit for that is my own creativity.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #573545

RaveRadbury wrote:There are many ways to be a part of the community without actively playing the game, especially if you're open to volunteering time to improving things around here.

If that doesn't interest you, yeah, breaks are always good. There'll be a lot of new content to come back to.
Yeah, backing up what Rave says, getting into coding, or mapping, or hell, even spriting, lets you both become the change you want to see, and keep in contact with the community despite not playing (I've only played like 5 rounds in the past month, and yet I think I'm still decently well known in the community).
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #573559

who?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #573569

Timonk wrote:who?
EOBGames has done cool PR's. They also help out with pretty much every facet of game development, including mapping and spriting. If I understand it correctly, they are the head of lore.

Pretty embarrassing for you to not recognize them tbh.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #573570

if you're bored do something else, it ain't hard.

Some of us have been doing something else for years though. :(
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.