[Davethwave] disco inferno ban (serxule)

Appeals which have been closed.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

[Davethwave] disco inferno ban (serxule)

Post by serxule » #577330

BYOND account: serxule
Character name: Douglas Man
Ban type: server, role
Ban length:9 day ban on server, permban on captain
Ban reason: Lit the shuttle on fire killing several crew
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-25 18:34:46 bagil (not sure if ban applies to other servers)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 49849
Your side of the story: so disco inferno was bought right? it arrives, only about 10-11ish people get on (I'm assuming rest went to the pods) i wait for it to leave, I try and set it on fire, turns out laser guns don't set plasma on fire anymore so I just ended up plasma flooding with the plasma canister that was brought on board (not sure who had brought it) someone else had lit it on fire, people die (except for a robot miner, me, and a guy in an atmos hardsuit) shuttle arrives at centcomm, round ends.

Why you think you should be unbanned: i've always thought anyone is allowed to light disco inferno on fire, like its very obviously one of those shuttle you'll probably die on, and i swear that i was bwoinked for it before and was told to light it on fire only after it leaves the station, i never knew that lighting it on fire wasn't allowed, i get that if i were to plasmaflood the station or something like that but i truely didn't realise it wasn't allowed to be done on disco inferno, and as for my permban from captain role, i dont really see what that has to do with anything, if i wasn't captain i still would've tried to light it on fire, being captain didn't really change anything, and i haven't done anything else bad as captain, especially since i unlocked it only about (3?) days ago, and its been a role i've always liked playing, so maybe instead of a permban on captain its just a temp ban? (also a note, I've played captain often before on other servers, I'm not new to being captain)
davethwave
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Davethwave

Re: [Davethwave] disco inferno ban (serxule)

Post by davethwave » #577353

While I think the overall ban should stay. I had a bit of thinking and agree that it wasn't fair for me to perma ban you from the cap role. Consider that part of the punishment null.